"The Original High" Helping Adam for Era #3 Guidelines

madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Yup! We got new marching orders from Shoshanna early this morning...

shoshannastone
@O_Jaqui do pre order the album on iTunes guys!! We want to see it fly!!!! ( it's singles that that applies to not albums)!
"It is what it is!"
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

madamimadam:11201 wrote:Yup! We got new marching orders from Shoshanna early this morning...

shoshannastone
@O_Jaqui do pre order the album on iTunes guys!! We want to see it fly!!!! ( it's singles that that applies to not albums)!

On it  :stats:  :music:  :thumbsup:  :musicagain: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

madamimadam:11201 wrote:Yup! We got new marching orders from Shoshanna early this morning...

shoshannastone
I just did.  :thumbsup:
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

Pre ordering done  :thumbsup:

Just so you guys know....I looked on B & N.....couldn't find TOH listed to be ordered  :thinks:

Pre ordered CDs on Amazon tho  :thumbsup:

Also...don't forget to return ....media & radio type tweets  :thumbsup:
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

Netmeg99❤️ ‏@Netmeg99_  · 32s33 seconds ago  
@adamlambert is slaying the Itunes Chart all over the world...OMG!!! I'm so happy for him #GhostTown #TheOriginalHigh

Love this^^^^^^^^^ tweet  :wub:  :wub:
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

Guys.......He is #4 in Top Albums...iTunes USA  !!!  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

:celebrate:  :stir:  :thumbsup:  :clap:  :nanners:
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

adamlambert  5m5 minutes ago
Don’t forget to add #GhostTown to your @Spotify playlist – http://smarturl.it/adam.spotify  #nowplaying
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

mmadamimadamm  21s21 seconds ago
RT @EMES79
WE NEED 560,021 PLAYS TO GET HIM ON GLOBAL LIST

RT @EMES79
212,541 PLAYS ON SPOTIFY
"It is what it is!"
nica575
§§§§§ Helping Adam for Era #3 Guidelines §§§§§

Post by nica575 »

I found this answer to a "How does YouTube calculate its views?" question, it sounds reallistic, although no credentials for the person writing was listed (so it might be inaccurate), also it is from July 2013 and things might've changed since then:

http://www.quora.com/How-does-YouTube-c ... -its-views

Sandhya Ramesh, I'm curious about very specific things.
196 upvotes by Jeremy Hoffman, Quora User, Vikranth Reddy, (more)
I will try to address both ways this question could be interpreted - counting total number of views and counting one view.

Counting Views:
When a video is uploaded, it is cached in the different YouTube servers spread around the globe. This is done, of course, for faster response times. Every time a request is made for a video, the closest server provides the video and increments the count in its local log. These logs are then collated at fixed times and a central log is then updated.

The 301 freeze: When a video has less than 300 views, the views are not verified. However, when views cross 300, YouTube starts verifying them to make sure that they are legitimate payback requests and not "fake" views. So you would often find that the count of a video gets stuck for a few hours or a day at 301 (sometimes 302 or 305 or 308 if multiple logs sync with the centralized server at the same instant). From this point onwards, view counts increase in batches - after every batch of new views are verified by YouTube.

An interesting technical tidbit is that when the number 300 was decided by the designers, the programmer made the elementary careless mistake of using the age old ViewCount <= 300 instead of the ViewCount < 300 in their logic.

Calculating a view:
Coming to the specifics of the question, what constitutes a view? View is a video playback that was requested by an actual user. YouTube has been extremely tight lipped about this because giving away details of even the minutest of mechanisms will cause people to "hack" the system and artificially inflate views.

However, we can make some guesses by observation. We know that fake views include misleading views - misleading titles and thumbnails that attract views. When a video has a large number of views that last for mere seconds after clicking, the views are not counted as legitimate. So if a video is viewed in its entirety by someone who clicked on it, it is counted as one view. But not all views are fully played.
Google Ad Sense works only with videos that are over 30 seconds in length so that the click through rates get registered. In fact, some videos are lucky enough to have just ten seconds of play considered as a view. We can conclude from this that the amount of video played should be above a threshold percentage of the length of the video. The type and genre of video could also be a factor. YouTube also considers views from the same IP in breaks of 6 to 8 hours. So one person viewing the same video repeatedly would only generate 3 to 5 views a day, after views cross 300. A viewer being redirected to YouTube upon clicking an embedded video counts as one view. If there is an embedded video with autoplay, it is not counted as a view. I'm quite sure there are many more restrictions and rules that go into categorizing a request as a view that we might not be aware of.

In conclusion, a view is a unique, user-initiated play of a certain secret percentage of a video that is played only by YouTube's hosting.Written 25 Jul, 2013. 29,481 views.
Upvote196
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Helping Adam for Era #3 Guidelines

Post by madamimadam »

LambertMusic411 · 8h 8 hours ago
REMINDER! We are still waiting on the go-ahead from Adam/Shazam to Shazam #GhostTown; it’s happening this week http://requestadamlambert.com/2015/04/1 ... host-town/
"It is what it is!"
nica575

Post by nica575 »

Request a song on Z100NewYork
www.z100.com/pages/info/request.html
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

LambertMusic411 · 8h 8 hours ago
ATTN: Now that @adamlambert's OFFICIAL music video is here, stream it EXCLUSIVELY (lyric video only key first week)

LambertMusic411 · 6h 6 hours ago
Buy @adamlambert’s #GhostTown video now on iTunes https://itunes.apple.com/us/music-video ... d990535056 … but WATCH/STREAM on YT ;)

LibraLaurie · 7h 7 hours ago
@adamlambert’s #GhostTown music video on sale at iTunes store https://itunes.apple.com/us/music-video ... 11lcaK&ct= … … Just bought it!! looks so good!

LambritsUK · 4h 4 hours ago
Pre-order Adam Lambert's new album "The Original High" Deluxe Version at @AmazonUK for only £11.99

Shazam · 5h 5 hours ago
#Glamberts! Here’s a peek at our EXCLUSIVE #ShazamInterview w/ @adamlambert dropping tomorrow: http://bit.ly/1DWEfS8

LambertMusic411 · 4h 4 hours ago
Lambert Music 411 retweeted Shazam
*ADAM FANS*: We should be Shazaming ONLY #GhostTown! Don’t Shazam other Adam songs! Radio needs to see GT! Thx!

4evrmomof4 · 4h 4 hours ago
ALL .@adamlambert fans from around the globe, Shazam your favorite Adam Lambert song to unlock the entire Shazam interview tomorrow!!!!!

ScorpioBert · 3h 3 hours ago
Shazam is a go

ScorpioBert · 3h 3 hours ago
Shazam FB

Shazam · 2h 2 hours ago
#Glamberts! #Shazam “Ghost Town” & check your @Shazam homescreen tmrw for an EXCLUSIVE @adamlambert #ShazamInterview: http://bit.ly/1IoyOBG

"It is what it is!"
nica575

Post by nica575 »

Lambert Music 411 @LambertMusic411 · 6h 6 hours ago
ADAM FANS, please check this out:
What Everyone Should Know About Why Radio Does ‘Meet and Greets’ http://requestadamlambert.com/2015/05/0 ... nd-greets/

"What radio AND the artist hope for is that LOCAL LISTENERS of the station win/show up at these “meet and greets” – that’s what is beneficial to both of them. Specifically, radio can endear itself to its LOCAL AUDIENCE and hopefully make the winners at these events loyal listeners. If someone from Los Angeles shows up to a San Diego station event, that does no good for that radio station. And it then doesn’t reflect well on Adam. Just the same way it’s better if the majority of the “winners” at these events are in the radio station’s desired age demo.

Radio may very well be using these events to see what kind of audience Adam brings to the table for their stations. If they see non-local winners and a room full of people outside of their desired demo, the reaction by the station may not be a positive one. So this isn’t an inconsequential thing at all.

Things to keep in mind when more “meet and greet” opportunities come up."

more...
rustycat

Post by rustycat »

nica575 wrote:Lambert Music 411 @LambertMusic411 · 6h 6 hours ago
What Everyone Should Know About Why Radio Does ‘Meet and Greets’ http://requestadamlambert.com/2015/05/0 ... nd-greets/

"What radio AND the artist hope for is that LOCAL LISTENERS of the station win/show up at these “meet and greets” – that’s what is beneficial to both of them. Specifically, radio can endear itself to its LOCAL AUDIENCE and hopefully make the winners at these events loyal listeners. If someone from Los Angeles shows up to a San Diego station event, that does no good for that radio station. And it then doesn’t reflect well on Adam. Just the same way it’s better if the majority of the “winners” at these events are in the radio station’s desired age demo.

Radio may very well be using these events to see what kind of audience Adam brings to the table for their stations. If they see non-local winners and a room full of people outside of their desired demo, the reaction by the station may not be a positive one. So this isn’t an inconsequential thing at all.

more...

please please please take this to heart!!!! the reports from the meet n greets this week are just not good. We are so lucky that radio is giving Adam a chance this era and getting his single off to a good start...Meet and greets filled with fans who don't live in the listening area and are not part of the stations target demographic are not helpful. I am sure Adam doesn't want to see the same faces at multiple meet n greets either.
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

rustycat wrote:
nica575 wrote:Lambert Music 411 @LambertMusic411 · 6h 6 hours ago

more...

please please please take this to heart!!!! the reports from the meet n greets this week are just not good. We are so lucky that radio is giving Adam a chance this era and getting his single off to a good start...Meet and greets filled with fans who don't live in the listening area and are not part of the stations target demographic are not helpful. I am sure Adam doesn't want to see the same faces at multiple meet n greets either.
As much as it might be hard for some fans to accept this, it's the truth. Please think about Adam and the success you want him to have. If you don't fit into the demographics a radio station is looking for, save your "M&G" time for CD signings at bookstores...OR BETTER YET, THE TOUR THAT WILL HAPPEN IF THE ALBUM IS A SUCCESS.
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

I think the age issues should be put to rest.....

Posting once or twice is fine...most have gotten the message by now [sad.gif]

If this issue is pressed .....it will begin to turn off fans....IMO [cry.gif]

I saw a few disputes on twitter last evening [sad.gif]

I don't think Adam would like it either [Love.png]

just my 2 cents [0134.gif]
nica575

Post by nica575 »

Love2Lurk wrote:I think the age issues should be put to rest.....

Unfortunately the AGE ISSUE IS THE ISSUE FOR RADIO! They have advertisers that are targeting specific age demo and geographic demo. Radio is interested in the audience that lives in their listening area and is specifically targeted by their advertisers as far as age is concerned. FOr POP stations the age is very young!

So, M&Gs at the radio stations are not the same as M&Gs at the concerts, or at CD signings, etc.

If we want radio to play Adam music we need to be smart and give radio what they want. If we don't we will turn radio away, which will hurt album sales, which will preclude the tour... simple, ain't it?
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

nica575 wrote:

Unfortunately the AGE ISSUE IS THE ISSUE FOR RADIO! They have advertisers that are targeting specific age demo and geographic demo. Radio is interested in the audience that lives in their listening area and is specifically targeted by their advertisers as far as age is concerned. FOr POP stations the age is very young!

So, M&Gs at the radio stations are not the same as M&Gs at the concerts, or at CD signings, etc.

If we want radio to play Adam music we need to be smart and give radio what they want. If we don't we will turn radio away, which will hurt album sales, which will preclude the tour... simple, ain't it?

I got it the first time.....

No need to be condescending........
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

That's the problem -- people aren't getting the message. And yes Adam is a sweet guy but I have no doubt he's wishing he was seeing different people at these m & g's. And by different I mean age wise and, as he called them, repeat offender wise. In the last two days he called people out for being repeat offender'. Unfortunately he's done it in years past and people still aren't listening. He also subtly addressed the age thing with his comment about the techno stuff being for your grandkids. Sometimes I think Adam's too nice for his own good - maybe he needs to be more direct.

Watching and listening to him do these radio interviews has been fun and I'm so happy/excited for him. Then I see the pics/tweets/videos from the m & g's and I feel both angry and sad. Angry at people who are so self absorbed they simply don't care what effect they are having on his career and sad for Adam that he has to deal with this yet again knowing that he only gets so many opportunities at this radio success and he's running out of those opportunities.
nica575

Post by nica575 »

Love2Lurk wrote:
nica575 wrote:

I got it the first time.....

No need to be condescending........
Sorry if I came across that way...I certainly did not mean it.....I just didn't understand why "the age issue should be put to rest" when both age and locale ARE the issues for the radio....I know it is a difficult subject for many of us, including myself.... Sorry again [0146.gif]
Moved from The Lesser Used Threads to Adam Music Archives on Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:09 pm by madamimadam

Moved from Adam Music Archives to 2015 on Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:30 pm by madamimadam

Return to “2015 Adam Music”