"The Original High" Helping Adam for Era #3 Guidelines

indybeck71

Post by indybeck71 »

Carmi:9786 wrote:But lots of songs DO hit organically. There is no denying it with Pharrell's "Happy" and Thicke's "Blurred Lines". I don't know. It seems like stacking the deck for GhostTown. When Trespassing came out, we as a fandom, shot it up to #1 the first week. Then it fell abysmally off the second week. I don't want that for GhostTown.

Also, how do we stop world wide fans that have Shazam accounts, that will no doubt Shazam it as soon as they hear it on Monday?

I want the best for him. As I always have. But all these instructions are getting tedious. I wish you can tell us where your information is sourced from. It would make it easier for me to digest. Thanks for sharing what you can though.   :Smile:
It may appear that things happen organically, but we don't know the plans and what went on behind the scenes at all.

We can only do what we can. And in this case, what you think is best. You now have the information. We can't control what someone does in Paris, for example. Besides, my impression was this was more a US thing anyway.

The information I shared is the same regardless of me telling where it came from (and no I'm not going to say who it was; simply can't). I know this info is 100% accurate. It's up to you to follow it (or not), but fans should know that this is the path that I've been told will most help Adam. Thx!
donnamb

Post by donnamb »

Whatever Adam and his team says.  I don't need to be on Shazam or anything else unless it makes an impact.
I just want to hear the new music !!!!
Carmi

Post by Carmi »

indybeck71:9789 wrote:
Carmi:9786 wrote:But lots of songs DO hit organically. There is no denying it with Pharrell's "Happy" and Thicke's "Blurred Lines". I don't know. It seems like stacking the deck for GhostTown. When Trespassing came out, we as a fandom, shot it up to #1 the first week. Then it fell abysmally off the second week. I don't want that for GhostTown.

Also, how do we stop world wide fans that have Shazam accounts, that will no doubt Shazam it as soon as they hear it on Monday?

I want the best for him. As I always have. But all these instructions are getting tedious. I wish you can tell us where your information is sourced from. It would make it easier for me to digest. Thanks for sharing what you can though.   :Smile:
It may appear that things happen organically, but we don't know the plans and what went on behind the scenes at all.

We can only do what we can. And in this case, what you think is best. You now have the information. We can't control what someone does in Paris, for example. Besides, my impression was this was more a US thing anyway.

The information I shared is the same regardless of me telling where it came from (and no I'm not going to say who it was; simply can't). I know this info is 100% accurate. It's up to you to follow it (or not), but fans should know that this is the path that I've been told will most help Adam. Thx!

Thanks for all your responding. :flowers:

I still say that "Happy" was organic. And then it went viral world wide. There was no amount of Shazaming guidelines for that imo. It was just a massively appealing song that people everywhere loved. I hope the same for GhostTown.

I don't know why you think that, or got the impression that this is only a US thing. In Shoshanna's tweet, she gave the time of the drop in US, UK and Australia. So, IT IS world wide and not exclusive to the US. Shazam is also a UK owned company. And that also lends itself to not being exclusively US.

You're right. I have the info. I will do what "I" feel is best. I guess I am a lot like Adam. I really hate being told what to do.   :laugh:  BTW, I am NOT saying that you are telling me or anyone what to do. I want to be clear about that. I know that you are just the messenger.

Cheers :flowers:
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

Carmi:9793 wrote:
indybeck71:9789 wrote:

Also, how do we stop world wide fans that have Shazam accounts, that will no doubt Shazam it as soon as they hear i

And nz ahem.

Thanks for all your responding. :flowers:

I still say that "Happy" was organic. And then it went viral world wide. There was no amount of Shazaming guidelines for that imo. It was just a massively appealing song that people everywhere loved. I hope the same for GhostTown.

And nz ahem

I don't know why you think that, or got the impression that this is only a US thing. In Shoshanna's tweet, she gave the time of the drop in US, UK and Australia. So, IT IS world wide and not exclusive to the US. Shazam is also a UK owned company. And that also lends itself to not being exclusively US.

You're right. I have the info. I will do what "I" feel is best. I guess I am a lot like Adam. I really hate being told what to do.   :laugh:  BTW, I am NOT saying that you are telling me or anyone what to do. I want to be clear about that. I know that you are just the messenger.

Cheers :flowers:
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

And Nz ahem just saying ;).
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

CONFIRMATION!!!!!

mmadamimadamm  ·  19m 19 minutes ago
@shoshannastone Is this valid info re Shazam? We should hold off until week of 04/27?

http://requestadamlambert.com/2015/04/1 ... host-town/

shoshannastone  7m7 minutes ago
@mmadamimadamm yes

shoshannastone  6m6 minutes ago
@mmadamimadamm I promise you will know when. There will be a reason to that you will be told. Wait for that

mmadamimadamm  1m1 minute ago
@shoshannastone You don't need to explain. I don't need to know the 'plan'. I just need to know that the 'directives' I pass on are right.

"It is what it is!"
sueb1863

Post by sueb1863 »

svca:9756 wrote:I have to giggle every time I read the word Shazam.....didn't there used to be a tv show by that name, a long, long, long, long time ago?

I vaguely remember some guy turning into a superhero yelling Shazam.
Yes, Shazam was a DC comics superhero created in 1939 who was known as Captain Marvel until 2011. He shouted "Shazam" to transform from ordinary guy Billy Batson into Captain Marvel. The word was an anagram of the six figures whose best qualities he was supposed to embody: Solomon, Hercules, Atlas, Zeus, Achilles and Mercury. There was a kid's TV show produced by Filmation that ran from 1974 to 1977 starring Jackson Bostwick. An animated version was produced slightly later.
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

IMHO.....the reason for the..... hold off until week of 04/27 .....

TPTB...of Adam's...want to see Adam on the frontpage of ITunes !!!!

it is still very important to buy an iTunes DL :thumbsup:

Record execs look first ....to iTunes to gage the sales of a single  :thumbsup:

We saw this is one of the articles somewhere....

There is probably a streaming....promo the 27th .....

Also adding..........I so hope we do not see bootleg MP3 downloads on twitter.....

That really hurts Adam's sales....IMHO
 :flowers:
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

kms15423  ·  2h 2 hours ago
ADAM FANS: Streaming is key; Spotify makes it easy!(but must do it on-demand,not shuffle play) http://requestadamlambert.com/2015/04/1 ... s-it-easy/ … … #2DaysUntilGhostTown

LambertMusic411  ·  29m 29 minutes ago
If you are having trouble turning off local files in Spotify. It's in Settings, right under preferences > local files (need to scroll down).
"It is what it is!"
rustycat

Post by rustycat »

ok guys...there is lots of info around and I see from surfing the web that some fans are confused....but it is actually all very simple..the upshot is just to buy the single from iTunes (and if you can afford it from other places like amazon or google play); stream the single from spotify (on demand) ; shazam the single when Adam or his team ask fans to do so; preorder the album from anyplace (or everyplace) except iTunes...that's it...that all we need to so until its time for the album release.  Easy peasy...Oh, and enjoy the hell out of listening to the single and Adam's radio interviews and tv performances.  Lets have fun!

fwiw, I think that the lambertmusic411 site posts good advice
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

rustycat:10228 wrote:ok guys...there is lots of info around and I see from surfing the web that some fans are confused....but it is actually all very simple..the upshot is just to

1. Buy the single from iTunes (and if you can afford it from other places like amazon or google play);
2. Stream the single from spotify (on demand) ;
3. Shazam the single when Adam or his team ask fans to do so;
4. Preorder the album from anyplace (or everyplace) except iTunes...

that's it...that all we need to do until its time for the album release.  Easy peasy...Oh, and enjoy the hell out of listening to the single and Adam's radio interviews and tv performances.  Lets have fun!

fwiw, I think that the lambertmusic411 site posts good advice
I made your post clearer to read!!!! Excellent advice and I like that there's only 4 things to do!!!!

I'm a simple woman!!!  :yes:
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

LambertMusic411  ·  9h 9 hours ago
To turn off Local Files in Spotify: Go to Edit/Settings > Preferences > Local Files (need to scroll down). Move options from green to BLACK.

LambertMusic411  ·  2h 2 hours ago
Spotify streaming is FREE via computer/tablet; need paid acct for mobile phone. Only "on-demand" counts for BB charts
http://requestadamlambert.com/2015/04/1 ... es-it-easy

PattiHum  ·  8h 8 hours ago
I found the Sha Zam & De Rulo deal info, if you are curious.
Read: http://tl.gd/n_1slr5ba

"It is what it is!"
rustycat

Post by rustycat »

ok...so since Adam's team apparently wants the preorders now, throw out what I previously said re preordering the album on iTunes -- go ahead and do it if you want (or not -- not telling anyone how to spend their money)...I guess that they want the visibility now at the single launch (probably to use it to convince radio to play the single etc).  It will likely hurt the album iTunes chart position release week, but they probably think that they need the visibility now and will have other promo to goose the itunes sales in June (and if the single is a hit that will help -- if its not, the album will have issues anyway -- the single is the most important thing this era).  I'm sure they also know that his fans will only be able to get the single so high release week (eg we can't get it into top 10 ourselves -- I think btikm peaked in the 30s -ish, ncoe a little lower and its been 3 years since them) so that the extra visibility from a good preorder album position will help
indybeck71

Post by indybeck71 »

rustycat:11183 wrote:ok...so since Adam's team apparently wants the preorders now, throw out what I previously said re preordering the album on iTunes -- go ahead and do it if you want (or not -- not telling anyone how to spend their money)...I guess that they want the visibility now at the single launch (probably to use it to convince radio to play the single etc).  It will likely hurt the album iTunes chart position release week, but they probably think that they need the visibility now and will have other promo to goose the itunes sales in June (and if the single is a hit that will help -- if its not, the album will have issues anyway -- the single is the most important thing this era).  I'm sure they also know that his fans will only be able to get the single so high release week (eg we can't get it into top 10 ourselves -- I think btikm peaked in the 30s -ish, ncoe a little lower and its been 3 years since them) so that the extra visibility from a good preorder album position will help
This is essentially the official word what I got after Shoshanna's tweet last night. They've decided they want to have the visibility now for TOH on the iTunes chart now instead of on release day. So I'm going with that and changed all the info on the http://www.requestadamlambert.com site and what I tweet at @LambertMusic411. And I've preordered! **So let's all do that & get it even higher overall on iTunes ... in Top 10 now!**  :thumbsup:
rustycat

Post by rustycat »

indybeck71:11184 wrote:
rustycat:11183 wrote:ok...so since Adam's team apparently wants the preorders now, throw out what I previously said re preordering the album on iTunes -- go ahead and do it if you want (or not -- not telling anyone how to spend their money)...I guess that they want the visibility now at the single launch (probably to use it to convince radio to play the single etc).  It will likely hurt the album iTunes chart position release week, but they probably think that they need the visibility now and will have other promo to goose the itunes sales in June (and if the single is a hit that will help -- if its not, the album will have issues anyway -- the single is the most important thing this era).  I'm sure they also know that his fans will only be able to get the single so high release week (eg we can't get it into top 10 ourselves -- I think btikm peaked in the 30s -ish, ncoe a little lower and its been 3 years since them) so that the extra visibility from a good preorder album position will help
This is essentially the official word what I got after Shoshanna's tweet last night. They've decided they want to have the visibility now for TOH on the iTunes chart now instead of on release day. So I'm going with that and changed all the info on the http://www.requestadamlambert.com site and what I tweet at @LambertMusic411. And I've preordered! **So let's all do that & get it even higher overall on iTunes ... in Top 10 now!**  :thumbsup:
Thanks Indybeck.   :thumbsup: for you site
nica575

Post by nica575 »

I am now streaming on RDIO on my mac and on Spotify on my PC.

I did not have to install RDIO:
http://www.rdio.com/artist/Adam_Lambert ... =t64025833

have it on loop...hope it counts  :thinks:
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

So are we pre ordering   TOH on iTunes now  :thinks:

If so I will pre order on iTunes & Barnes & Noble  :thumbsup:
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Yup! We got new marching orders from Shoshanna early this morning...

shoshannastone
@O_Jaqui do pre order the album on iTunes guys!! We want to see it fly!!!! ( it's singles that that applies to not albums)!
"It is what it is!"
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

madamimadam:11201 wrote:Yup! We got new marching orders from Shoshanna early this morning...

shoshannastone
@O_Jaqui do pre order the album on iTunes guys!! We want to see it fly!!!! ( it's singles that that applies to not albums)!

On it  :stats:  :music:  :thumbsup:  :musicagain: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$
infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

madamimadam:11201 wrote:Yup! We got new marching orders from Shoshanna early this morning...

shoshannastone
I just did.  :thumbsup:
Moved from The Lesser Used Threads to Adam Music Archives on Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:09 pm by madamimadam

Moved from Adam Music Archives to 2015 on Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:30 pm by madamimadam

Return to “2015 Adam Music”