Adam's Vocal Abilities

User avatar
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 25709
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:16 pm
Location: Montreal, Canada
Contact:

#103

Postby madamimadam » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:36 pm

'crocked' date='Mar 9th 2015, 8:41 PM'

I am looking forward to it and have read it several times... Your Berting is one of the best.... Welcome to our world !!!

User avatar
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 25709
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:16 pm
Location: Montreal, Canada
Contact:

#104

Postby madamimadam » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:36 pm

'badassalterego' date='Mar 17th 2015, 12:43 PM'

Hi again

Just a quick note to say that I'm in the process of updating the blog at the moment.  I'm adding pics and videos to illustrate what I'm talking about.  There will also be a new blog entry in the next day or two! :)

User avatar
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 25709
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:16 pm
Location: Montreal, Canada
Contact:

#105

Postby madamimadam » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:37 pm

'madamimadam' date='Mar 19th 2015, 10:34 AM'

mmadamimadamm  48m48 minutes ago
YAY!!!! RT @KymYSmith: @mmadamimadamm There's a new blog up BB http://badassalterego.wordpress.com  - link it to IDF if you want to :-)

User avatar
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 25709
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:16 pm
Location: Montreal, Canada
Contact:

#106

Postby madamimadam » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:37 pm

'madamimadam' date='Mar 22nd 2015, 7:46 PM'

mmadamimadamm  3m3 minutes ago
YAY!!! RT @KymYSmith: @mmadamimadamm @marisa_965 @DrBrianMay @brianmaycom new blog post... https://badassalterego.wordpress.com/

User avatar
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 25709
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:16 pm
Location: Montreal, Canada
Contact:

#107

Postby madamimadam » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:38 pm

'sealuv' date='Mar 22nd 2015, 8:25 PM'

luv this .....always waiting for the next installment .....thought it was interesting that you brought up Congreve's "soothe the savage breast"....maybe you are already aware of this........but adam's take ........

Music soothes the savage beast
Image

& "yes" adam is my dope...a.....mine... ..... killed me from day one of his audition...peeps ask me why so enamored?..always have said he touch a "sweet spot" that i can't explain......


'badassalterego' date='Mar 29th 2015, 5:19 PM'

Yes, there's always been a bit of a question as to whether it's a "savage breast" or a "savage beast".  I think these days people are happy that either of these are correct.

:)

User avatar
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 25709
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:16 pm
Location: Montreal, Canada
Contact:

#108

Postby madamimadam » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:38 pm

'madamimadam' date='Mar 27th 2015, 3:38 PM'

mmadamimadamm  ·  2h 2 hours ago
NEW BLOG!!! RT @KymYSmith:  blog's up - pass it on! http://badassalterego.wordpress.com


'Janika' date='Mar 31st 2015, 12:13 PM'

This was great read, lots of new thing for me about Queen's history.

ETA: read the other blog posts, too. Great insightful writing, bookmarked now  :thumbsup:

User avatar
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 25709
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:16 pm
Location: Montreal, Canada
Contact:

#109

Postby madamimadam » Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:42 pm

(madamimadam @ Mar 31st 2015, 4:26 PM) *

To our resident experts, did we ever give you this? My Conviction (Hair Musical)



'Janika' date='Mar 31st 2015, 12:34 PM'

That is Adam?!! Super singing but first minute I did not recongnize his voice at all.


'madamimadam' date='Mar 31st 2015, 12:37 PM'

At that point in the show, he's playing a woman.

:)


'Janika' date='Mar 31st 2015, 12:39 PM'

Thanks, I was already googling it in other window, saved me time. Figured there must be explanation.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v1IsOQhEH4

User avatar
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 25709
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:16 pm
Location: Montreal, Canada
Contact:

#110

Postby madamimadam » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:26 am

'madamimadam' date='Apr 5th 2015, 1:25 AM'

mmadamimadamm  ·  36m 36 minutes ago
WOOOT!!!! MT @KymYSmith: New blog's up! http://badassalterego.wordpress.com  RT if you like...

User avatar
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 25709
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:16 pm
Location: Montreal, Canada
Contact:

#111

Postby madamimadam » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:28 am

='crocked' date='Apr 5th 2015, 11:23 AM'

I started reading the blog  and ended reading all of them again until the las6t blog.  That is how I enjoyed what badass wrote.  Love reading them all over again and the videos were tops....


'badassalterego' date='Apr 5th 2015, 12:18 PM'

that's so kind - TYSM!!  :flowers:

User avatar
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 25709
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:16 pm
Location: Montreal, Canada
Contact:

#112

Postby madamimadam » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:29 am

'crocked' date='Apr 5th 2015, 7:42 PM'

Since you wrote that you play the wicked queen, did you sing the queen of the night?   That is really badass!  :fear:  :fear:   I do listen to operas from youtube... some I found too much for me particularly if I do not comprehend the language like some of Wagner... Ugh!  Others, have so lovely arias... I downloaded some, Mozart's, and Carmen.

There were only 3 operas I have seen in my life... The last was most memorable because I have seen it in a colosseum (not Rome) ... AIDA !  It was a magical moment for me.  That time, I was willing to sleep on the streets after the opera because there were no public transport at that hour and no cheap vacant rooms. Fortunately we found a couple who let us hitched until the next city where the couple helped us find a room.  I was on a fellowship -- the reason for my being in Italy.  I am Asian.

My ears are not sharp, could not detect any flaws particularly on pitches.  I only know what is pleasant to my ears, and what draw my emotions. Perhaps I should be glad of it... imagine if my ears were that good, I would find myself grimacing the whole time and it would be a little mental torture.

I do so wish that he  would sing some beloved arias or musicals like those in the Phantom of the Opera....I have to be content with TSMGO and WWTLF.  WWTLF always give me the goosebumps, but I do not know, I still prefer TSMGO over WWTLF. I also wish him to sing some Xmas songs like Oh HOly Night... but chances are nil on that one.  Although I heard him on AI and rooted for him...  I was not addicted to him then.  It was Brigadoon that caught me and could not get away.  Yes, it was that one song.

User avatar
svca
Posts: 1376
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:04 pm
Location: California

#113

Postby svca » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:50 pm

badassalterego:6567 wrote:Hi there - I'm one of the Adam noobs (am I a Glambert? You tell me).

I discovered Adam on NYE when the lovely BBC in the UK very kindly put him on TV with Queen, my favourite band ever.

I was so gobsmacked by it all that I started to blog about it a couple of months ago.  You might have come across me, but if not you can find me at badassalterego.wordpress.com if you scroll down to the bottom of it, I've written about the NYE performance (and my poor husband's reactions)

:)



You made it!!!  :hug:  :hug:

Ignore the PM I sent you over at IDF; I just wanted to make sure you found us.

Happy to see you here, I love your blog...altough I'm way behind lol.  You write faster than I can keep up.

Adam stanning is very hard work and very time consuming  :wink:

badassalterego
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:37 pm
Location:

#114

Postby badassalterego » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:28 pm

svca:6572 wrote:
badassalterego:6567 wrote:Hi there - I'm one of the Adam noobs (am I a Glambert? You tell me).

I discovered Adam on NYE when the lovely BBC in the UK very kindly put him on TV with Queen, my favourite band ever.

I was so gobsmacked by it all that I started to blog about it a couple of months ago.  You might have come across me, but if not you can find me at badassalterego.wordpress.com if you scroll down to the bottom of it, I've written about the NYE performance (and my poor husband's reactions)

:)



You made it!!!  :hug:  :hug:

Ignore the PM I sent you over at IDF; I just wanted to make sure you found us.

Happy to see you here, I love your blog...altough I'm way behind lol.  You write faster than I can keep up.

Adam stanning is very hard work and very time consuming  :wink:


:D

Joking aside, I usually have to do quite a lot of research on each blog entry.  Some of it is about picking pics, vids etc., but I have to make sure I have my facts right as I'm not just spouting my own opinions (and in my "real" life I'm a technical writer so I have to do it right!)

I'm just in the process of putting together a blog on the setlist for QAL and how it evolved, so I'll let you know when it's done!
@kymysmith

User avatar
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+
Posts: 2000
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:34 am
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

#115

Postby vistadiva » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:49 pm

badassalterego:6803 wrote:
svca:6572 wrote:
badassalterego:6567 wrote:Hi there - I'm one of the Adam noobs (am I a Glambert? You tell me).

I discovered Adam on NYE when the lovely BBC in the UK very kindly put him on TV with Queen, my favourite band ever.

I was so gobsmacked by it all that I started to blog about it a couple of months ago.  You might have come across me, but if not you can find me at badassalterego.wordpress.com if you scroll down to the bottom of it, I've written about the NYE performance (and my poor husband's reactions)

:)



You made it!!!  :hug:  :hug:

Ignore the PM I sent you over at IDF; I just wanted to make sure you found us.

Happy to see you here, I love your blog...altough I'm way behind lol.  You write faster than I can keep up.

Adam stanning is very hard work and very time consuming  :wink:


:D

Joking aside, I usually have to do quite a lot of research on each blog entry.  Some of it is about picking pics, vids etc., but I have to make sure I have my facts right as I'm not just spouting my own opinions (and in my "real" life I'm a technical writer so I have to do it right!)

I'm just in the process of putting together a blog on the setlist for QAL and how it evolved, so I'll let you know when it's done!


We are all going to look forward to that...if it's 1/2 as good as what you've given us already, we will all be in heaven!!  Thank you!!!  :celebrate:
Image

User avatar
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 25709
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:16 pm
Location: Montreal, Canada
Contact:

#116

Postby madamimadam » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:14 am

KymYSmith  14h14 hours ago
Hi there QAL and Glamberts! New blog's up at http://badassalterego.wordpress.com  RT if you like! :-)
Image
"It is what it is!"

User avatar
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 25709
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:16 pm
Location: Montreal, Canada
Contact:

#117

Postby madamimadam » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:09 pm

It belongs in the Audio/Video Thread. I'll move it for you!

:hug:

P.S. I fixed the alignment for you!  :wink:
Image
"It is what it is!"

User avatar
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 25709
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:16 pm
Location: Montreal, Canada
Contact:

#118

Postby madamimadam » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:33 pm

mmadamimadamm  50s50 seconds ago
WOOOT! RT @KymYSmith
New blog! http://badassalterego.wordpress.com  (includes Brian flailing, sorry!!)
Image
"It is what it is!"

User avatar
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+
Posts: 2000
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:34 am
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

#119

Postby vistadiva » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:47 pm

madamimadam:10908 wrote:mmadamimadamm  50s50 seconds ago
WOOOT! RT @KymYSmith
New blog! http://badassalterego.wordpress.com  (includes Brian flailing, sorry!!)


Never, ever apologize for Brian flailing!!  We love us some Dr. Bri!!
Image


Return to “The Lesser Used Threads”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest