Poll: What's Your Choice for the Second Single?

What would be the most commercially successful follow-up single to "Ghost Town"?

Poll ended at Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:07 am

The Original High
66%
Another Lonely Night
7%
Underground
No votes
There I Said It
2%
Rumors
5%
Evil in the Night
15%
Things I Didn't Say
2%
The Light
No votes
Shame
No votes
These Boys
2%

Total votes: 41

3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

crocked » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:22 am wrote:There are only 3 who got right the second single. One of them is Marlock. I wonder who the other two were.
I forgot what I voted, but it was a hard decision between eitn and toh.
I wonder what made them chose ALN. Because they could make a very good video out of it?
I vote ALN haha. They choose ALN, because it is a great pop song. But prob fits the image WBR are going for with Adam. Kinda reinventing Adam in a way. Prob the perfect choice after GT, contrasts GT nicely. I Think EITN could be third single. TOH too me is a bit theatrical for radio, and the possible drug references maybe a hinderence. I think The Light could be a possible one too.
crocked

Post by crocked »

Congratulations !!! ::cha_ching::
I have to remember it in mind that you got it,when we have to guess the 3rd single. You will probably hit it. And I love your justifications....
And I think though GT made it big faster than ALN, ALN will up there, slowly and surely. What do you think... will it outsell GT? Though there is sinilarity in the theme (loneliness), the video do contrast.

What was your fav song in TOH album? Just curious... would not like to read all posts regarding that all over again...
sandyrk

Post by sandyrk »

It's probably time to think about the 3rd single. I guess Madam will start a separate thread on this. While I see thematically, that it is bound to be EITN, I'd like him to switch it up to TOH. But that will probably be a summer song.

My personal current favor is The Light, but it may not have much commercial appeal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
DerekMcG

Post by DerekMcG »

sandyrk » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:35 pm wrote:It's probably time to think about the 3rd single. I guess Madam will start a separate thread on this. While I see thematically, that it is bound to be ALN, personally, I'd like him to switch it up to TOH. But that will probably be a summer song.

My personal current favor is The Light, but it may not have much commercial appeal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm slightly confused by your post---you do realize that ALN is already Adam's second single, don't you? But since it hasn't officially been released to radio, I think the third single will be a good six months away.

I like The Light very much too (in fact, I was playing it just a couple of hours ago), but I don't feel it would work as a single. Right now the songs I think would make great third/fourth/fifth singles are (in this order):

-The Original High
-Rumors
-Underground
sandyrk

Post by sandyrk »

Derek, our posts are crossing! I meant EITN. ::grin::

I like Underground the best, but I don't think it would work. I'm not that fond of Rumors. But it will probably sell.
hotouthere

Post by hotouthere »

I like TOH as the 3rd single. It's joyful and uplifting and I think that it would be the perfect song to come out with in winter months because the words are looking back on the feelings he experienced in the summer and longing for that same feeling. It's also a great song doing live...the audiences go crazy when he hits the high note! I really don't believe that the "drug" reference is a big deal. Look at Tove Lo who came out with her song Habits and many other songs lately that have a drug induced theme. At least in Adam's song, he is not literally speaking about taking drugs...his drug is the feelings he had driving fast on hot night and being with someone that he cared about...the first time. I know that feeling and can relate to it!

There are at least five other songs that I am torn by and as they all would make great singles. Love Evil In The Night...as that is already getting some exposure and Adam obviously loves singing it live. The others for me are The Light, Rumors, Shame, There I Said It, and Things I Didn't Say.
sandyrk

Post by sandyrk »

hotouthere » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:46 am wrote:I like TOH as the 3rd single. It's joyful and uplifting and I think that it would be the perfect song to come out with in winter months because the words are looking back on the feelings he experienced in the summer and longing for that same feeling. It's also a great song doing live...the audiences go crazy when he hits the high note! I really don't believe that the "drug" reference is a big deal. Look at Tove Lo who came out with her song Habits and many other songs lately that have a drug induced theme. At least in Adam's song, he is not literally speaking about taking drugs...his drug is the feelings he had driving fast on hot night and being with someone that he cared about...the first time. I know that feeling and can relate to it!

There are at least five other songs that I am torn by and as they all would make great singles. Love Evil In The Night...as that is already getting some exposure and Adam obviously loves singing it live. The others for me are The Light, Rumors, Shame, There I Said It, and Things I Didn't Say.
Interesting that you like The Light too. Donna likes it too (we discuss these things). I also like Shame a lot. It's playful.

I think he will just hold out There I Said It for his big tearful ballad in live performances.
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

The Light probably has the most potential to be Adams biggest selling single. But I agree from a commercial stand point, not sure how it works as a radio single. TOH well prob be the third single, and may explode. ALN maybe his biggest hit to date, especially in the UK, bigger then GT, and that was a smash. EITN is a possibility being played on NFL ads, up Adams wheelhouse vocally. Underground maybe. Too me its

1. TOH
2. EITN
3. Rumors
4. The Light
5. Things I didn't say

Singles that well prob never be radio singles

1. Lucy
2. Heavy Fire
3. Shame
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

There are so many really great songs on this album ::wub::

I am really liking ...The Light as well.....very uplifting ::wub::

Tonight I had my Grand kids in the car.....6...8....10....

I had Adam 's TOH playing.....the bonus tracks.....they really liked Shame & These Boys....

My Grandson kept asking me to repeat These Boys.....so there you go ::rolleyes:: ::haha::
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
svca

Post by svca »

I like Shame and These Boys, too. These Boys is just such a fun song. ::banana:: ::banana::
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

I can see why. Most of pop is fun and uplifting. And repetitive chorus's. It is designed for the immediate, quick fix segiest segment of the audience. Shame and These Boys fits that. Not much complexity in Pop, which is why Trespassing the album I Think didn't fair well, too much competition partic those pop girls. That is why I wish the grammys would bring it back to male and female pop vocal performance. Their is more female pop performers. I heard Adam may have got nominated for BTIKM, but too much female comp. I like to think GT well get nominated for a Grammy. but although critical acclaim is susposed to be the rage, sales maybe againgst Adam. Sorry OT haha.
marlock276

Post by marlock276 »

To be honest, this is Adam's first album where I would be happy with any song becoming a single . . . they're all SO GOOD!!!

BTW, all four of my kids, 24, 22, 19, and 10, love ALN . . . ::thumbsup::
DerekMcG

Post by DerekMcG »

I hadn't played (the song) TOH in quite a while, so I went back to it this evening to find out whether I still felt as passionately about it as I did back in July.

Yup!!!! I still love it as much as ever, and I think Warners would be insane not to make it Adam's third single. As I've said before, it's got what ALN lacks---an exciting climax (and in every live performance that high note has slayed audiences). Even more importantly, it manages to be damned catchy while also being complex enough (musically and lyrically) to appeal to those who like a bit more substance to their pop ::grin::

A smart young musician over at Adamtopia who goes by the moniker of nationalglampoon had this to say about it, and I think he's absolutely bang on the money:
Magical, the all-time best combination of lyrics, melody, and production on any Adam song as far as I'm concerned. And I never thought the word "medication" could be so musical.

Read more: http://adamtopia.com/thread/3065/tonigh ... z3rfJyQKHi
marlock276

Post by marlock276 »

DerekMcG » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:48 am wrote:I hadn't played (the song) TOH in quite a while, so I went back to it this evening to find out whether I still felt as passionately about it as I did back in July.

Yup!!!! I still love it as much as ever, and I think Warners would be insane not to make it Adam's third single. As I've said before, it's got what ALN lacks---an exciting climax (and in every live performance that high note has slayed audiences). Even more importantly, it manages to be damned catchy while also being complex enough (musically and lyrically) to appeal to those who like a bit more substance to their pop ::grin::

A smart young musician over at Adamtopia who goes by the moniker of nationalglampoon had this to say about it, and I think he's absolutely bang on the money:
Magical, the all-time best combination of lyrics, melody, and production on any Adam song as far as I'm concerned. And I never thought the word "medication" could be so musical.

I completely agree Derek! TOH does have some extra magical ingredients that ALN lacks (though I LOVE ALN!). It HAS to be the next single!
sandyrk

Post by sandyrk »

DerekMcG » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:48 am wrote:I hadn't played (the song) TOH in quite a while, so I went back to it this evening to find out whether I still felt as passionately about it as I did back in July.

Totally agree still. Every time I hear it. And I still don't like ALN, although I love the video.
crocked

Post by crocked »

How about a poll on the third single.... I mean another post?

We have heard the songs during the tour? The third single may not be our favorite... but which song would click the market? I think After Hours is making buzz... but not enough to be picked as third single... Well....
crocked

Post by crocked »

Oops... just read that the third single is TOH!!!! ::flowers:: ::flowers::

I hope it will create a bigger bang than ALN. I wonder when it will be released.
rustycat

Post by rustycat »

crocked » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:01 pm wrote:Oops... just read that the third single is TOH!!!! ::flowers:: ::flowers::

I hope it will create a bigger bang than ALN. I wonder when it will be released.

we still don't know if they will go with TOH in the USA. Obviously it is the single in OZ, Poland and South Africa now.
crocked

Post by crocked »

If it is the third single, does it mean it will be a video? ::flowers:: ::flowers::
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

rustycat » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:36 pm wrote:
crocked » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:01 pm wrote:Oops... just read that the third single is TOH!!!! ::flowers:: ::flowers::

we still don't know if they will go with TOH in the USA. Obviously it is the single in OZ, Poland and South Africa now.
Its a single in Nz too.
Moved from The Lesser Used Threads to 2015 Adam Music on Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:41 pm by madamimadam

Return to “2015 Adam Music”