Poll: What's Your Choice for the Second Single?

What would be the most commercially successful follow-up single to "Ghost Town"?

Poll ended at Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:07 am

The Original High
66%
Another Lonely Night
7%
Underground
No votes
There I Said It
2%
Rumors
5%
Evil in the Night
15%
Things I Didn't Say
2%
The Light
No votes
Shame
No votes
These Boys
2%

Total votes: 41

3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

Sorry Brian May is not part of the modern music scene. His music and his profile in music is from a classic era. I just don't see how Lucy being released as a single would benefit anyone. Don't get me wrong I like the song. It's just not commercial enough. Let alone the demographic Adam is trying to reach, which is arguably younger fans. People buy the album the single is their, I Think that is enough. It doesen't need a chart life or anything, nor should it. The best radio singles on the albums IMO should be TOH, ALN, EITN, UG, Thing's I diddn't say, and The Light. But thats just my personal opinion.
marlock276

Post by marlock276 »

I keep going back and forth on what song should be the next single . . . it seems to change every day. Love the idea of TOH . . . at one point ALN and EITN were contenders too. And Rumors is really growing on me. The Light and Heavy Fire are two of my favorites, but it doesn't look like they'll be singles. Who knows though. There are just so many good songs on this album, and I think I've come to the conclusion that I'll be happy and support whatever Adam releases next. Today I'm thinking that ALN might be the best choice, since it trended on the Billboard Twitter Chart, and it's one of my 10-year-old's favorites on the album. ::haha::

BTW, just putting this out there . . . if you think that Brian May is not part of the modern music scene, Paul McCartney recently did a song with Kanye and Rhianna.
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

marlock276 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:27 pm wrote:I keep going back and forth on what song should be the next single . . . it seems to change every day. Love the idea of TOH . . . at one point ALN and EITN were contenders too. And Rumors is really growing on me. The Light and Heavy Fire are two of my favorites, but it doesn't look like they'll be singles. Who knows though. There are just so many good songs on this album, and I think I've come to the conclusion that I'll be happy and support whatever Adam releases next. Today I'm thinking that ALN might be the best choice, since it trended on the Billboard Twitter Chart, and it's one of my 10-year-old's favorites on the album. ::haha::

BTW, just putting this out there . . . if you think that Brian May is not part of the modern music scene, Paul McCartney recently did a song with Kanye and Rhianna.
That is true. And I understand that. But I guess it depends on the music I don't think they did a rock song, if I am wrong. Although Kanye considers himself as rock star lol. I agree on your choices. I Think ALN is the most favored by younger fans like me haha. It's a really teenage angsty song, kinda like stuff Lorde puts out.
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

marlock276 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:27 pm wrote:I keep going back and forth on what song should be the next single . . . it seems to change every day. Love the idea of TOH . . . at one point ALN and EITN were contenders too. And Rumors is really growing on me. The Light and Heavy Fire are two of my favorites, but it doesn't look like they'll be singles. Who knows though. There are just so many good songs on this album, and I think I've come to the conclusion that I'll be happy and support whatever Adam releases next. Today I'm thinking that ALN might be the best choice, since it trended on the Billboard Twitter Chart, and it's one of my 10-year-old's favorites on the album. ::haha::

Yes...I agree with you on going back and forth on the possible singles......

It seems that....TOH....EITN....ALN....& ...Rumors are the mostly likely....love them all ...

Really there isn't a bad song on this album.....

also agree with you on Brian & Paul still being part of the modern music scene....

Let's not forget too.... it was...James Taylor ...the kept Adam from the number one spot on BB's list ::rolleyes:: ::haha::

There are many...older legendary artists...that are still very current & influential in the music business ::thumbsup::

I am not pushing for ...Lucy to be a single....just won't be to surprised if it is released ...at some point....especially in the UK ::flowers::
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

Why would it be a single in the UK? Because of Brian May lol. Look I don't think May cares either way, he's had tons of hits. He just wanted to be on the album. If it does get released as a single, I won't complain. I just think it is improbable. I still don't think it is the demographic Adam is looking to target in terms of Top 40 Mainstream. Lucy is a rock song, just not commercial enough, but that is just me. TOH I think well be a summer single in Sept if released in NZ, Aussie, South America, and Asia e.t.c. Another case for TOH next single prob Sept. Is after the GMA performance it debuted #22 on the Billboard Dance/Electronic Digital Songs Chart. So its the only one thats charted. So for me TOH then ALN or Rumors depends on timing really.
crocked

Post by crocked »

Your survey is about what we think should be the second single which may not be our favorite. How about a survey about favorites.... top1, top 3 or top 5. I could not check my favorite in your survey but what I think would make a good second single. But I am curious about everybody's favorites.

Some songs just grow into us... so favorites change. But by now we have heard the whole album and quite familiar with all the songs there.
Adora

Post by Adora »

Hey, Crocked! Good idea! Why don't you make a new poll/thread?
crocked

Post by crocked »

Adora » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:50 am wrote:Hey, Crocked! Good idea! Why don't you make a new poll/thread?
I leave that to Derek or others who want to do that. But thanks for thinking of me! ::winking:: ::winking::
My internet is not reliable ::cryblownose:: ::cryblownose::
DerekMcG

Post by DerekMcG »

crocked » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:30 pm wrote:
Adora » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:50 am wrote:Hey, Crocked! Good idea! Why don't you make a new poll/thread?
I leave that to Derek or others who want to do that. But thanks for thinking of me! ::winking:: ::winking::
Hi: I actually started putting together such a poll a few days ago ("What are your top four tracks on TOH?")---and it was one that would have allowed us to go back and change our choices if we wanted to---but then I realized that the set-up only allowed for ten songs to be listed. Damn!

Marie, my angel: Do you know if there's there any way I can override the poll set-up to give more than ten choices? ::tongue::
crocked

Post by crocked »

Well, if one list top 4 tracks... will they have equal points?
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

DerekMcG » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:02 am wrote:
Hi: I actually started putting together such a poll a few days ago ("What are your top four tracks on TOH?")---and it was one that would have allowed us to go back and change our choices if we wanted to---but then I realized that the set-up only allowed for ten songs to be listed. Damn!

Marie, my angel: Do you know if there's there any way I can override the poll set-up to give more than ten choices? ::tongue::
I've set it to 15 now. Let me know if you need more.

::hello::
"It is what it is!"
DerekMcG

Post by DerekMcG »

madamimadam » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:32 am wrote:
DerekMcG » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:02 am wrote:

I've set it to 15 now. Let me know if you need more

::hello::
Thanks a million, Marie! Poll now up!

http://adamlambertmtt.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=719
jlynn1205

Post by jlynn1205 »

I think Rumors would be a great second single choice. Mainly because Tove Lo is so hot right now and the subject matter is so universal. I think the song would just take off. I also think ALN is just a wonderfully crafted pop song. I would love that too. I get why everyone is in love with TOH but in thinking of pure radio play I think the other two would do better.
DerekMcG

Post by DerekMcG »

jlynn1205 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:23 pm wrote:I think Rumors would be a great second single choice. Mainly because Tove Lo is so hot right now and the subject matter is so universal. I think the song would just take off. I also think ALN is just a wonderfully crafted pop song. I would love that too. I get why everyone is in love with TOH but in thinking of pure radio play I think the other two would do better.
Well, our poll has just closed, and the result was TOH by a country mile ::smile::

But here's an interesting thing: we had a group of mostly younger Korean friends over for drinks last night, and after playing them the album (which they hadn't heard before), none of them thought TOH would be a good choice as a single! Their favourite tracks were Another Lonely Night, Ghost Town and Evil in the Night---and in that order. In fact, they all started bopping immediately to ALN---it was love at first listen for each one of them.

Surprisingly, they weren't especially enthusiastic about Rumors.

So that's my snapshot from the land of K-Pop! I have to admit that for the first time I'm now wondering whether ALN might have broader appeal than my beloved TOH... ::thinking::

But the way GT is still gaining momentum on the radio charts---and even improving its position on the Billboard Hot 100 over last week (up five notches to #80)---I think we can safely say it'll be a good while yet before we even need a second single ::wootwave::
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

I agree re toh. I still think it could be a feisable choice for a RS. Its the only song thats charted on a BB Chart. Aln for me though. I love Ghost Town. I think Rumors can be perceived as generic, but for that reason should be a RS. Can see Radio playing it over and over.

Should be; Aln, Toh, Rumors

Prob be; Toh, Aln, Rumors
jlynn1205

Post by jlynn1205 »

DerekMcG » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:15 pm wrote:
jlynn1205 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:23 pm wrote:I think Rumors would be a great second single choice. Mainly because Tove Lo is so hot right now and the subject matter is so universal. I think the song would just take off. I also think ALN is just a wonderfully crafted pop song. I would love that too. I get why everyone is in love with TOH but in thinking of pure radio play I think the other two would do better.
Well, our poll has just closed, and the result was TOH by a country mile ::smile::

But here's an interesting thing: we had a group of mostly younger Korean friends over for drinks last night, and after playing them the album (which they hadn't heard before), none of them thought TOH would be a good choice as a single! Their favourite tracks were Another Lonely Night, Ghost Town and Evil in the Night---and in that order. In fact, they all started bopping immediately to ALN---it was love at first listen for each one of them.

Surprisingly, they weren't especially enthusiastic about Rumors.

So that's my snapshot from the land of K-Pop! I have to admit that for the first time I'm now wondering whether ALN might have broader appeal than my beloved TOH... ::thinking::

But the way GT is still gaining momentum on the radio charts---and even improving its position on the Billboard Hot 100 over last week (up five notches to #80)---I think we can safely say it'll be a good while yet before we even need a second single ::wootwave::
I'm so happy GT is doing well. I love that song. Don't shoot me but my hang up with TOH is I haven't heard a live version of it I love. It is a hard song to recreate live. Kind of like FYE I love the recorded version, never heard a live version I liked. Now of course we are talking radio and it is a great recording but I always envision the promo involved and I want him to knock it out of the park live. I freakin love EITN live and recorded. Rumors is a bit generic but it has really grown on me and their voices are incredible. I think radio would play it like crazy since it is catchy, angsty for the teens, and hot new artist collaboration. Really for me though ALN checks all the boxes...gorgeous vocals, universal theme people would relate to, deeper meaning than catchy hook, and an earworm on first listen.
marlock276

Post by marlock276 »

Yes, have finally settled on ALN as the best next single.
DerekMcG

Post by DerekMcG »

jlynn1205 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:47 pm wrote:
I'm so happy GT is doing well. I love that song. Don't shoot me but my hang up with TOH is I haven't heard a live version of it I love. It is a hard song to recreate live. Kind of like FYE I love the recorded version, never heard a live version I liked. Now of course we are talking radio and it is a great recording but I always envision the promo involved and I want him to knock it out of the park live. I freakin love EITN live and recorded. Rumors is a bit generic but it has really grown on me and their voices are incredible. I think radio would play it like crazy since it is catchy, angsty for the teens, and hot new artist collaboration. Really for me though ALN checks all the boxes...gorgeous vocals, universal theme people would relate to, deeper meaning than catchy hook, and an earworm on first listen.
Great post!

I wonder if the reason you haven't liked any of the live versions of TOH so far is that Adam has been singing it a semitone down? That semitone tweak makes a surprising difference to the vibrancy of the song---obviously it loses a little brightness when it's pitched lower. But in live performance, it makes the falsetto parts a little easier for Adam, while also giving him the luxury of taking the climactic note even higher---nearly causing fans to pass out, according to someone at Morongo. The only downside of singing it lower is that it makes the beginning slightly tricky, since it's not in Adam's vocal comfort zone.

Mind you, ALN is no pushover to sing either! Its chorus is hard work, even for Adam, I sense. But the verses are great live.

I agree about the live performances of FYE, though. RCA (and Adam?) were crazy to have picked a song that was never going to sound impressive live.

Like you, I've come round to the idea of Rumors and ALN as second single frontrunners, and won't be distraught if either of these is chosen over my TOH ::smile:: But if Rumors is chosen, and Tove Lo's not around to co-perform it, wouldn't that be a little weird? Logistically, it would be a bit of nightmare, I'd imagine, though the music video featuring both of them (of course) could be quite something!
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

I actually think they may wait to see if Tove Lo's next single explodes. If it does it would make sense to go ALN then Rumors. Then possibly TOH. I have a feeling though TOH well be next single. But ALN reminds me of a Gaga song, who I am a big fan of. Lambert/Tove would be a hot new duet though, radio would lap up. I can see Rumors being played over and over on radio. It's also got a universal message, about people's privacy and social media. EITN is possible but maybe Halloween single. It is hard to predict these things, I mean some songs explode and go viral (Call me Maybe) and some singles take longer (Walk the Moon, Ghost Town ;)).
DerekMcG

Post by DerekMcG »

Watching Adam perform GT on the Australian Voice last night, it reinforced for me how important the build is on a song---especially when promoting a single. GT definitely has that excitement factor: a climax that seems to get the audience's collective pulse racing.

That's my main problem with Another Lonely Night: it doesn't have the "wow" factor of an exciting climax, and its structure is quite predictable. Now that may well suit Radio just fine (and will especially soothe late-night listeners travelling on a lonely highway), but for promotion purposes, it wouldn't achieve nearly as much impact in live performance as The Original High. (Imagine if Adam had sung that last night as well on The Voice! You would have seen audience members passing out with that high note ::grin::)

So, in a nutshell, my preferred choice for the next single is still TOH ::thumbsup::
Moved from The Lesser Used Threads to 2015 Adam Music on Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:41 pm by madamimadam

Return to “2015 Adam Music”