Poll: What's Your Choice for the Second Single?

What would be the most commercially successful follow-up single to "Ghost Town"?

Poll ended at Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:07 am

The Original High
66%
Another Lonely Night
7%
Underground
No votes
There I Said It
2%
Rumors
5%
Evil in the Night
15%
Things I Didn't Say
2%
The Light
No votes
Shame
No votes
These Boys
2%

Total votes: 41

DerekMcG

Post by DerekMcG »

3ku1 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:31 pm wrote:I love Rumors, maybe being in my mid twenties. I can relate I guess in my generation with smart phones, social media e.t.c. Everyone deals with your private life being public. TOH and ALN have a more cross generational effect I agree. EITN I Thought and still think hit potential, but now? I don't know Im kinda wayward, change my mind easily haha. TOH ALN, are prob probable. Although Adam did say in that interview he is thinking of EITN as next single, so what do fans know haha.
Luke: We don't really know what Adam said in that interview, and the person who reported the comment (the DJ from the iHeart concert) is a big fan of EITN. It's my hunch that the conversation went something like this:

DJ: I love EITN. Any chance of it being the next single?
Adam (not wanting to rule anything out): It's possible, but we're a long way off from deciding yet.

That was then translated as "Adam is thinking about releasing EITN as the next single." ::grin::
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

Oh yeah fair enough. I think GT is doing well in the States, Europe, and South Africa for a reason. It suits their sensibilities. I think Asia Pacific maybe more open to say a TOH or especially ALN. GT as you prob know is not catching on in NZ, in terms of radio. Although the MV is pretty popular, peaked at #13 on MTV Pop 20. I think TOH or ALN could be big if released as singles in NZ.
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

IMO....Adam really likes to perform EITN......

I also think....Queenbert will perform ....Lucy......

soooooo....if Queenbert performs a couple of Adam's song too.....

EITN would be an awesome combo with Lucy....

Would love to hear Queenbert perform Lucy...as well as ...EITN ::thumbup::

So wondering if maybe...either of these songs could be singles at the time of their fall tour ????? ::thinking::

just adding more of my ....2cents ::rolleyes::
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

Love2Lurk » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:15 am wrote:IMO....Adam really likes to perform EITN......

I also think....Queenbert will perform ....Lucy......

soooooo....if Queenbert performs a couple of Adam's song too.....

EITN would be an awesome combo with Lucy....

Would love to hear Queenbert perform Lucy...as well as ...EITN ::thumbup::

So wondering if maybe...either of these songs could be singles at the time of their fall tour ????? ::thinking::

just adding more of my ....2cents ::rolleyes::
Much as I love LUCY, IMHO, not a chance it could be a single. Rock is not a genre that is played on pop radio and the audience Adam is trying to attract (as well as the audience radio wants) is just not into QUEEN/Brian May. That was their parents generation.

That being said, I would be really surprised if Bri & Adam do not do that song on the SA QAL gigs. And, if Adam tours...and does London...could Bri be a surprise guest at a show?
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

Some great comments on this thread! Thanks for starting it, Derek.

The writer(s) of Those Boys are likely crying that they didn't shop this song to the likes of KP or Taylor. It would have been a runaway hit..and the song of the summer..if either had recorded it. With Adam, it's a very cute number that delight HIS fans. And it will never, ever get radio play. Too bad.

IMO, based on TB and Shame being the early songs, this was the direction Adam intended the album to take. Enter Max and Shellback and the voices of experience and reason. Thank you!! They coaxed out a more introspective, quiet Adam with deep feelings that he was able to translate into some very meaningful work. ::clap::

I loved both FYI and TP....but TOH far exceeds both of those from an artistic POV. I truly believe that another album of the same club music would have been a major disaster....and maybe his last album. Perhaps RCA thought that also, but didn't have the vision or understanding of how to change it...therefore they took the easy way offering up an 80's cover. Lucky for Adam and for us!

Next single from this gem of an album? Adam will probably want EITN, but saner voices will prevail and it will be TOH or ALN. Just imho, ofc.
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

I agree Vista....EITN....ALN....or....TOH....will prolly be the next single ::flowers::

However....I would love for Adam's team to take a brave chance....

and...release TB as a single....However...I agree ....TB will not be a single......

I really think though...at some point.....Lucy will be release as a single...

Maybe only in the UK....I think Brian will push for this....

I could be wrong though ::haha:: ::rolleyes::
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

Sorry I really like Lucy, it really is Adam at his best with the growling vocals over a guitar lead vocal. But their is no chance in hell that Lucy well EVER be a radio single. Adam wants to be a Top 40 Mainstream Pop Star. I don't even think Lucy would get airplay on the rock stations. Just not the demographic Adam is looking to target, which is mainly 18-35. His core fans well always be their, I am not generalizing. He has fans from 0-100, I am just saying he prob needs to target younger fans, when it comes to his singles. I'm still a big advocate for ALN, I reckon that would blow up. Its the second most streamed song on Spotify, nearing a million plays. I think it wold do well as would TOH in NZ. Honestly I don't know at this point, probablity is its TOH, but who knows what Adam is thinking at this point. And he clearly wants Ghost Town to be a hit, so second single well prob won't even be an issue to prob September at least. GT could still crack Top 20 BB Hot 100, it's gaining traction every day. And some songs take a year to reach its peak. GT has done what no single on TP did, the freedom to expeirement and choose future singles. I really want too see the next MV, Adams creativity has no limit and deserves a life.
donnamb

Post by donnamb »

I should be the age bracket/demographic to like Lucy, but I just don't. The lyrics do nothing for me, although once Brian's guitar solo kicks in and Adam gets to wail away on the back side of it, the song improves greatly.
I think TOH will be the next single, with Rumors waiting in the wings. I could hear Things I Didn't Say - that chorus is damned infectious. And I love The Light - the vocals are spot on and the electronic effects are ear worms - think a couple of years back with La Roux (spelling?) Bulletproof or Icona Pop's I Don't Care. You just heard those songs once and knew that you were going to hear them many many many more times.
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

I really like ...Lucy too ::flowers::

Don't think it will be the next single....Adam & his team want a few Adam solo songs released first.....

However....At some point I think...with Brian's push Lucy will be released as a single.....

Brian is a major name in the music business.....currently Queen's music is everywhere here USA....a rebirth....due to Queenbert...IMO ::thumbup::

Brian May is a major player in the music world.....
Radio & media will be all over ....Lucy.....when it is release ...

I could be very wrong.....but I think Brian wanted to be included on Adam's album for a reason ::smile::

Time will tell ::flowers::

3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

I don't think Brian really cares about Lucy being released as a single. He just wanted to be on the album. I don't think Lucy is a radio single, if that makes sense anyway. The Light and Thing's I diddn't say yes I agree, are just one of those songs you can imagine being played over and over. I think TOH is prepared, and then Rumors.
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

donnamb » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:27 pm wrote:I should be the age bracket/demographic to like Lucy, but I just don't. The lyrics do nothing for me, although once Brian's guitar solo kicks in and Adam gets to wail away on the back side of it, the song improves greatly.
I think TOH will be the next single, with Rumors waiting in the wings. I could hear Things I Didn't Say - that chorus is damned infectious. And I love The Light - the vocals are spot on and the electronic effects are ear worms - think a couple of years back with La Roux (spelling?) Bulletproof or Icona Pop's I Don't Care. You just heard those songs once and knew that you were going to hear them many many many more times.
Well to be fair its about a young girl getting into trouble haha, so maybe you prob woulden't relate to the lyrics, nor would I. I agree the Light reminds me of Icona's Pop I don't care. The Light could be a future radio single. I love Thing's I diddn't say one of my favs on the album.
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

donnamb » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:27 pm wrote:I should be the age bracket/demographic to like Lucy, but I just don't. The lyrics do nothing for me, although once Brian's guitar solo kicks in and Adam gets to wail away on the back side of it, the song improves greatly.

Lucy is not my fav.....the lyrics are sort of dated to me ::rolleyes::

I do love Brian's guitar & Adam's vocals tho !!! ::thumbup::

If & when Queenbert performs Lucy....it will take on a different sound !!!
Can't wait for that !!! ::thumbsup::

I do think the next single will be either ....TOH or EITN.....

and yes at some point .....Rumors ::thumbup::

Even if it just in the UK....I think Lucy will be released too....

We shall see ::flowers::
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Tiki » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:02 am wrote:
Love2Lurk » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:29 pm wrote:I really like ...Lucy too ::flowers::

Don't think it will be the next single....Adam & his team want a few Adam solo songs released first.....

However....At some point I think...with Brian's push Lucy will be released as a single.....

Brian is a major name in the music business.....currently Queen's music is everywhere here USA....a rebirth....due to Queenbert...IMO ::thumbup::

Brian May is a major player in the music world.....
Radio & media will be all over ....Lucy.....when it is release ...

I could be very wrong.....but I think Brian wanted to be included on Adam's album for a reason ::smile::

Time will tell ::flowers::

I tend to agree L2L. Brian playing on the Album is Bri's way of endorsing Adam and hoping the Queen Fans will come out and support Adam because he supports Adam so much himself.

I also agree, that Lucy may be released in the UK if not anywhere else. Don't know why, but the song reminds me of Kate Bush who was and I think still big in the UK. although she was absent from the music scene until she just recently put out a new cd. Why it does, I have albsolutely no idea unless it's the vocals, but when he starts singing Runaway, that's when she comes to mind. I loved her Wuthering Heights.

I love Lucy, and think it will have a bigger appeal than any of us realize, whether it get's to radio is another story, but these days, you just don't know what is going to be a big hit or not. Music is so fickle these days in the Pop genre.
DerekMcG

Post by DerekMcG »

Tiki » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:03 pm wrote: I tend to agree L2L. Brian playing on the Album is Bri's way of endorsing Adam and hoping the Queen Fans will come out and support Adam because he supports Adam so much himsel.

I also agree, that Lucy may be released in the UK if not anywhere else. Don't know why, but the song reminds me of Kate Bush who was and I think still big in the UK. although she was absent from the music scene until she just recently put out a new cd. Why it does, I have albsolutely no idea unless it's the vocals, but when he starts singing Runaway, that's when she comes to mind. I loved her Wuthering Heights.

I love Lucy, and think it will have a bigger appeal than any of us realize, whether it get's to radio is another story, but these days, you just don't know what is going to be a big hit or not. Music is so fickle these days in the Pop genre.
Hi L2L and Tiki: Brian's obviously a music legend in the UK (and elsewhere), but I doubt that he holds any sway with British Radio. Besides, I'm quite convinced he agreed to play on Lucy simply because he liked the song and loves Adam ::wub:: Not because he imagined it would become a single. (And if he'd thought that, he probably would have wanted co-writer credit.)

If this song becomes a single, then I will do Marie's laundry for a year ::haha:: But I feel very safe in making that promise, as for the life of me, I can't imagine it on radio. I just don't think it would resonate with many teenagers and 20-somethings. (Young rock enthusiasts, sure, but they're a distinct minority.) You can bet your boots that it would have done so in the 1970s, though!

Yes, I get the Kate Bush vibe as well ::smile::
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

DerekMcG » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:18 am wrote:
Tiki » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:03 pm wrote: I tend to agree L2L. Brian playing on the Album is Bri's way of endorsing Adam and hoping the Queen Fans will come out and support Adam because he supports Adam so much himsel.

Hi L2L and Tiki: Brian's obviously a music legend in the UK (and elsewhere), but I doubt that he holds any sway with British Radio. Besides, I'm quite convinced he agreed to play on it simply because he liked the song and loves Adam ::wub:: Not because he imagined it would become a single.

For the life of me, I can't imagine this song resonating with many teenagers and 20-somethings---though you can bet your boots that it would have done so in the 1970s!

You're right Derek about Brian not having any sway with the UK radio, but have been wondering if it may get on the adult
contemporary stations. Just thinking here. ::smile::

Thank you for getting the Kate Bush vibe as well, ::grin:: Now I know I haven't completely lost my mind. ::haha::

ETA: Are you finding trouble with the board especially with the quoting and slow submissions or did I just get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. ::haha::
donnamb

Post by donnamb »

"Lucy" has a great chorus, but the verses are awkward. Seriously, who writes about "fun in the sack" when talking about a runaway young thing selling herself? I choose to think a Swede having some English difficulties.

And no, it's not my current age which is causing the disconnect. There are so many songs in the rock/pop catalog which have the same theme. Let's go to Bowie with Jean Genie, or my beloved Kinks with "Bib Black Smoke", "Susannah's Still Alive, and "Polly" - all themed with the young innocent who left home to "make the swinging city scene", only to regret the choices made.

Anyway, I don't expect "Lucy" as a single anywhere. This weekend was my first chance to really listen to the album with decent speakers while NOT driving in a traffic mess, so I had the pleasure of enjoying this album and being thankful that R C A did not have its way.
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

DerekMcG » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:18 am wrote:

Hi L2L and Tiki: Brian's obviously a music legend in the UK (and elsewhere), but I doubt that he holds any sway with British Radio. Besides, I'm quite convinced he agreed to play on Lucy simply because he liked the song and loves Adam ::wub:: Not because he imagined it would become a single. (And if he'd thought that, he probably would have wanted co-writer credit.)

If this song becomes a single, then I will do Marie's laundry for a year ::haha:: But I feel very safe in making that promise, as for the life of me, I can't imagine this song on radio. It just wouldn't resonate with many teenagers and 20-somethings. (Young rock enthusiasts, sure, but they're a distinct minority.) You can bet your boots that it would have done so in the 1970s, though!

LOL !! I wouldn't sell the reach of Dr. Bri short .....

Many ....past....current.... and 'coming soon' movies.....are using Queen music ..... ::thumbup::

CNN ....is playing WWRY several times an hour in their current The 70's Series promo ::thumbsup::

Not to mention several current major commercials using Queen music....

IMO....UK & USA radio would jump at the chance to spin a new Queen related song .....

just guessing tho ::flowers::
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

Sorry Brian May is not part of the modern music scene. His music and his profile in music is from a classic era. I just don't see how Lucy being released as a single would benefit anyone. Don't get me wrong I like the song. It's just not commercial enough. Let alone the demographic Adam is trying to reach, which is arguably younger fans. People buy the album the single is their, I Think that is enough. It doesen't need a chart life or anything, nor should it. The best radio singles on the albums IMO should be TOH, ALN, EITN, UG, Thing's I diddn't say, and The Light. But thats just my personal opinion.
marlock276

Post by marlock276 »

I keep going back and forth on what song should be the next single . . . it seems to change every day. Love the idea of TOH . . . at one point ALN and EITN were contenders too. And Rumors is really growing on me. The Light and Heavy Fire are two of my favorites, but it doesn't look like they'll be singles. Who knows though. There are just so many good songs on this album, and I think I've come to the conclusion that I'll be happy and support whatever Adam releases next. Today I'm thinking that ALN might be the best choice, since it trended on the Billboard Twitter Chart, and it's one of my 10-year-old's favorites on the album. ::haha::

BTW, just putting this out there . . . if you think that Brian May is not part of the modern music scene, Paul McCartney recently did a song with Kanye and Rhianna.
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

marlock276 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:27 pm wrote:I keep going back and forth on what song should be the next single . . . it seems to change every day. Love the idea of TOH . . . at one point ALN and EITN were contenders too. And Rumors is really growing on me. The Light and Heavy Fire are two of my favorites, but it doesn't look like they'll be singles. Who knows though. There are just so many good songs on this album, and I think I've come to the conclusion that I'll be happy and support whatever Adam releases next. Today I'm thinking that ALN might be the best choice, since it trended on the Billboard Twitter Chart, and it's one of my 10-year-old's favorites on the album. ::haha::

BTW, just putting this out there . . . if you think that Brian May is not part of the modern music scene, Paul McCartney recently did a song with Kanye and Rhianna.
That is true. And I understand that. But I guess it depends on the music I don't think they did a rock song, if I am wrong. Although Kanye considers himself as rock star lol. I agree on your choices. I Think ALN is the most favored by younger fans like me haha. It's a really teenage angsty song, kinda like stuff Lorde puts out.
Moved from The Lesser Used Threads to 2015 Adam Music on Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:41 pm by madamimadam

Return to “2015 Adam Music”