Poll: What Are Your Favorite Five Tracks on "The Original High"?

What Are Your Favorite Five Tracks on "The Original High"?

Ghost Town
7%
The Original High
15%
Another Lonely Night
8%
Underground
4%
There I Said It
8%
Rumors
6%
Evil in the Night
11%
Lucy
5%
Things I Didn't Say
6%
The Light
10%
Heavy Fire
3%
After Hours
4%
Shame
8%
These Boys
6%

Total votes: 141

3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

I don't know not a bit fan of TISI. The chorus is too repetitive for me. Seems ALN and TOH are the favs, as they should be. Don't like These Boys at all to be honest. Feels like leftovers on a very good pop album, like just needed 3 tracks to fill out the album. Nothing special imo, Shames good. But like I said they would fit on a new KP album.
ALB2

Post by ALB2 »

I really do love the whole album. However, I do recognize GT, TOH, ALN as truly excellent, unique, above the quality of most current pop songs. These three are just perfect to me. However I can so see Rumors being a big hit, love Adams vocals on this. TIDS and AH have grown on me tremendously, especially TIDS, really enjoy the bridge so much. TISI pierced me to the heart, just really touches me but the very last part of it seems overproduced to me and I am always tempted to cut it off before the very end. The Light is amazing and I so want Adam to explain in his way those lyrics. I love all the rest to varying degrees, this album is just gorgeous to me. I adored most of TP but TOH is a pleasure from start to finish.
Raleighfan

Post by Raleighfan »

Today my top 5 are

GT
TOH
Lucy
TIDS
and TL. ::thumbup::
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

After hearing ALN....today live again ::wub::

I am back on board the......ALN train ::yessss::

His live performance was perfection ::wub::

It would be a perfect single.....universal message/lyrics.....beautiful sound ::thumbsup::
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
nica575

Post by nica575 »

This album is amazing in that I have no skippers at all. Even my least fav - Rumors - started to be enjoyable as I've gotten used to hearing Tove Lo's voice (although it would've been so much better if Adam sang the whole thing himself).

The front runners for me have not changed though: TOH is firmly in the lead, followed by After Hours and EITN. The rest of the order changes day by day...well Rumors and Lucy are also firmly at the tale end...
marlock276

Post by marlock276 »

So many good songs. . . and yes, my favorites change almost daily too. Right now I'd say:

TOH
ALN
The Light
TISI
Rumors (it's really grown on me)
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

I like

The Light
TOH
After Hours
EITN
Underground
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

I think comparitively the worst tracks are the BT'S. Not that they are bad, i like Shame. Just feel left overs after outstanding standard tracks. My favs

Another Lonely Night
Ghost Town
TOH
Rumors
Things i diddnt say
DerekMcG

Post by DerekMcG »

Since I've been on an Adam binge this evening (even listening to very early favourites from 2009 such as the gorgeously nuanced studio version of "Feelin' Good" and the AI performance of "If I Can't Have You"---talk about nostalgia!), I decided to play TOH from beginning to end for the first time in several months.

So here are my latest top five tracks from the album (and I've recast my votes accordingly on our poll):

1. Ghost Town. (It just gets better with age)
2. The Original High. (Still, for my money, the best song that Adam has co-written to date, despite some serious competition with the likes of Broken Open, Voodoo, Shady, and Chokehold)
3. Underground. (It has so many layers, and it's perfectly sung.)
4. Rumors. (I understand now why a young musician who occasionally posts at Adamtopia describes this as "a Godzilla of a perfect pop song.")
5. Heavy Fire. (Its verses are wonderfully weird and hypnotic---kind of Ring of Fire-ish---while its gutsy full-blown chorus is incredibly satisfying. The perfect closing track to the album proper.)

Other thoughts: There's nothing I dislike on the album. Every song has its moments (either lyrically or musically, or both), but a couple---Lucy and the slightly repetitive Evil in the Night---simply work better in live performance, I feel.

And I still love all three bonus tracks ::smile::
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

DerekMcG » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:58 am wrote:Since I've been on an Adam binge this evening (even listening to very early favourites from 2009 such as the gorgeously nuanced studio version of "Feelin' Good" and the AI performance of "If I Can't Have You"---talk about nostalgia!), I decided to play TOH from beginning to end for the first time in several months.

So here are my latest top five tracks from the album (and I've recast my votes accordingly on our poll):

1. Ghost Town. (It just gets better with age)
2. The Original High. (Still, for my money, the best song that Adam has co-written to date, despite some serious competition with the likes of Broken Open, Voodoo, Shady, and Chokehold)
3. Underground. (It has so many layers, and it's perfectly sung.)
4. Rumors. (I understand now why a young musician who occasionally posts at Adamtopia describes this as "a Godzilla of a perfect pop song.")
5. Heavy Fire. (Its verses are wonderfully weird and hypnotic---kind of Ring of Fire-ish---while its gutsy full-blown chorus is incredibly satisfying. The perfect closing track to the album proper.)

Other thoughts: There's nothing I dislike on the album. Every song has its moments (either lyrically or musically, or both), but a couple---Lucy and the slightly repetitive Evil in the Night---simply work better in live performance, I feel.

And I still love all three bonus tracks ::smile::
Mine :)

1. Ghost Town
2. Things i diddnt say
3. Evil in the night
4. The Original High
5. Underground
Moved from The Lesser Used Threads to 2015 Adam Music on Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:41 pm by madamimadam

Return to “2015 Adam Music”