***Have-At-It Never-Ending Gabfest***

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

tnkrbell80 wrote:Hi guys,

I have a favor to ask. I have an individual who was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and it has spread like rapid fire. Her son is in remission and she has 4 months to live. Unfortunately, they do not have the means to afford a place to live, buy clothes, food, pay for transportation or anything. I would like to know if I can post the link to her go fund me page on here and if you could please take your time to tweet it, share it on facebook or post it on any social media board and if you can donate to their funds that would be AWESOME!!!!!!! thank you guys and hope I could get the help they so much need.
I'm so sorry, BB. Go ahead and give us the link. I'll post it on twitter....

::huggy::
"It is what it is!"
tnkrbell80

Post by tnkrbell80 »

Hi Guys,

Thank you, Marie and all of you for your help. Here is the link to her go fund me page. Lets spread the word and get them the help they need.

https://www.gofundme.com/gilma-and-sons-relief-fund
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

tnkrbell80 wrote:Hi guys,

I have a favor to ask. I have an individual who was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and it has spread like rapid fire. Her son is in remission and she has 4 months to live. Unfortunately, they do not have the means to afford a place to live, buy clothes, food, pay for transportation or anything. I would like to know if I can post the link to her go fund me page on here and if you could please take your time to tweet it, share it on facebook or post it on any social media board and if you can donate to their funds that would be AWESOME!!!!!!! thank you guys and hope I could get the help they so much need.
Thanks for giving us the link... I'll pass it on... I hope it helps!

https://www.gofundme.com/gilma-and-sons-relief-fund
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

OOFTA!!! Finally got on line... Had a couple of crazy, busy, happy days...

MY YOUNGEST SON IS ENGAGED!

The one I said nobody wanted! ::crylaugh::
"It is what it is!"
svca

Post by svca »

Hey, they say there's somebody for everybody....even your son !!! ::thumbsup:: ::thumbsup::

Congrats, Marie....how old is your son?
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

Congrats ::hello:: to you and your son

madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

svca wrote:Hey, they say there's somebody for everybody....even your son !!! ::thumbsup:: ::thumbsup::

Congrats, Marie....how old is your son?
He's 37 years old and hasn't had a girlfriend for 15 years. I thought he'd end up being a bachelor for his entire life, which is fine with me as long as it's fine with him.

Then, he met HER six months ago and here we are! She's 31 years old.

They have talked about everything under the sun to be sure they were 'compatible'... Amazing to watch them find out everything important about each of them at such a crazy pace!

They want two children and she'd like to have the second one before she's 35 when things can get a little scary with pregnancy.

I'm over the moon in love with her. She is so sweet and kind and loves my son to pieces... What else could a mother ask for?

::wub::
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Hrithika wrote:Congrats ::hello:: to you and your son

Thank you!

By the way, it's the Jewish New Year tomorrow night, so I'll be MIA until Saturday... As usual, thank you soooooooooooooo much for taking such good care of everybody on this board!

::hugkissblush::
"It is what it is!"
Paula

Post by Paula »

madamimadam wrote:OOFTA!!! Finally got on line... Had a couple of crazy, busy, happy days...

YAY!!!! Congrats to your family, Marie! ::huggy::
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
Lizziek

Post by Lizziek »

Paula wrote:
madamimadam wrote:OOFTA!!! Finally got on line... Had a couple of crazy, busy, happy days...

YAY!!!! Congrats to your family, Marie! ::huggy::
Congratulations Marie! Sounds like they are perfect together.
Paula

Post by Paula »

Is anybody here? It feels like nobody ever discusses anything any more. :(
svca

Post by svca »

Yeah, it's been quiet in here, Paula....people just kind of hit and run.

I'm here pretty much every day, but I've got so much going on in RL, and been so stressed with politics, etc....haven't really felt like posting. I do read though.

Can't wait until we hear from Adam about new music....and I'm excited about the Queen tour starting up again.
Paula

Post by Paula »

svca wrote:Yeah, it's been quiet in here, Paula....people just kind of hit and run.

I'm here pretty much every day, but I've got so much going on in RL, and been so stressed with politics, etc....haven't really felt like posting. I do read though.

Can't wait until we hear from Adam about new music....and I'm excited about the Queen tour starting up again.
::huggy:: I hope things get better, and your stress levels go down. Stress is no fun.

Same! I need new music. One song was not enough for me!
hotouthere

Post by hotouthere »

Paula wrote:
svca wrote:Yeah, it's been quiet in here, Paula....people just kind of hit and run.

::huggy:: I hope things get better, and your stress levels go down. Stress is no fun.

Paula and svca ::hello::

I come here daily but it's usually so late; after everyone in other time zones are sleeping ::zzzzz:: !

I try to add some tidbits of information that show up late at night on twitter. It's always fun to find something new and exciting about Adam hopefully to brighten up the day for everyone visiting here!

Adam is carrying on...enjoying his life and hopefully experiencing activities that will inspire his musical creativity. I'm excited for new music but am willing to patiently wait until he has the right stuff to grace our eardrums!

I don't feel compelled to comment on his current activities but do enjoy seeing the interesting and beautiful places he gets to visit. Just like this forum, he isn't doing much in the way of discussing things! Maybe we are reflecting that same lack of wanting to talk about things. With the current state of politics, it seems like it's a good way to avoid an argument! ::wacko:: Unfortunately the guy sitting in the White House is turning it into his own swamp of ethical and moral decay.

I have been busy at work ::wheee:: and also trying to accomplish a long list of things I need to get done at home. It's finally cooling off from the sweltering summer heat here in Arizona so I look forward to enjoying some time outdoors. I am excited to have my sister come for a short visit in a couple weeks.

I'm sure we'll have a little more to discuss when Adam does the charity event on October 7th and then more Queen concerts after that.
Paula

Post by Paula »

hotouthere wrote:
Paula wrote:

Paula and svca ::hello::

I come here daily but it's usually so late; after everyone in other time zones are sleeping ::zzzzz:: !

I try to add some tidbits of information that show up late at night on twitter. It's always fun to find something new and exciting about Adam hopefully to brighten up the day for everyone visiting here!

Adam is carrying on...enjoying his life and hopefully experiencing activities that will inspire his musical creativity. I'm excited for new music but am willing to patiently wait until he has the right stuff to grace our eardrums!

I don't feel compelled to comment on his current activities but do enjoy seeing the interesting and beautiful places he gets to visit. Just like this forum, he isn't doing much in the way of discussing things! Maybe we are reflecting that same lack of wanting to talk about things. With the current state of politics, it seems like it's a good way to avoid an argument! ::wacko:: Unfortunately the guy sitting in the White House is turning it into his own swamp of ethical and moral decay.

I have been busy at work ::wheee:: and also trying to accomplish a long list of things I need to get done at home. It's finally cooling off from the sweltering summer heat here in Arizona so I look forward to enjoying some time outdoors. I am excited to have my sister come for a short visit in a couple weeks.

I'm sure we'll have a little more to discuss when Adam does the charity event on October 7th and then more Queen concerts after that.
::huggy:: I don't know. I just feel like we talked more at IDF, you know? I feel like nobody wants to talk here, that this board is for information only, and it sucks, because I DO like to talk. Maybe talking and discussing would get people's minds off of the awful things?

HA! You're lucky. It's been SUPER hot here, smashing records. Thankfully, a cooldown is coming on Thursday. I'm glad that you get time with your sister!
misswood

Post by misswood »

Our anger and stress levels will never go down....as long as we're stuck with the Ku Klux Klown.
Paula

Post by Paula »

misswood wrote:Our anger and stress levels will never go down....as long as we're stuck with the Ku Klux Klown.
::haha:: I shouldn't be laughing, but your sense of humor is the best! ::huggy::
svca

Post by svca »

I don't think DH and I have ever, ever, in our 21 years of marriage, talked about politics as much as we have in the last year or so. That part is good. And it's good we agree on our intense dislike for that person in the WH. I will never call him my president, never. DH is so disgusted with his party, that he's no longer Republican. He says it's not the party he signed up with when he was 18. He left the party. I'm way more liberal than he is, but he despises what this entire administration is doing. It seems like every day is more stressful than the last. We honestly kind of hoped that Trump would get his shit together once he was in office, but he has no intention of being anything other than Trump, and that just happens to be disgusting, IMO. I have no hope for a presidential Trump....it just isn't going to happen.
Paula

Post by Paula »

svca wrote:I don't think DH and I have ever, ever, in our 21 years of marriage, talked about politics as much as we have in the last year or so. That part is good. And it's good we agree on our intense dislike for that person in the WH. I will never call him my president, never. DH is so disgusted with his party, that he's no longer Republican. He says it's not the party he signed up with when he was 18. He left the party. I'm way more liberal than he is, but he despises what this entire administration is doing. It seems like every day is more stressful than the last. We honestly kind of hoped that Trump would get his shit together once he was in office, but he has no intention of being anything other than Trump, and that just happens to be disgusting, IMO. I have no hope for a presidential Trump....it just isn't going to happen.
::huggy:: The state of the world scares me with Trump in power.
hotouthere

Post by hotouthere »

I was a republican up till about 10 years ago. They sent me a letter that said that they couldn't locate me so they were removing me from their list of voters! I had voted every election up to that point since I was was 18 and have lived in the same house for the last 24 years. I was pretty disgusted at the poor management of their membership but maybe somehow they found out that I was voting for a lot of democrats! ::haha::

I never re-registered because I kept being called up for jury duty every year during tax season. Since my employer is a C.P.A. who specializes in tax preparation it is extremely difficult to take the time off (without pay as it is not one of my benefits). I feel bad that I haven't voted but at least I can't be blamed for voting for the wrong candidate...something I have been accused of in the past! ::wacko:: In a few years when I retire, I will definitely re-register and put in my vote to hopefully get rid of those rotten republicans who are trying to take my health insurance away...yes, I have Obamacare.

I lost my employer paid group insurance when my much younger co-worker died in 2013. If it hadn't been for Obamacare, I would not have been able to get insurance due to pre-existing conditions. I would be very scared to go without insurance due to both ongoing conditions and unexpected medical emergencies that have occurred but have all been resolved with surgery, medicine and other medical care. I would be in a huge amount medical debt and not nearly as healthy if I didn't have that insurance.

I have some ideas on how to solve the health care problem but guess I need to write to my representatives about that! At least one person from my state (John McCain) stepped up the the plate and helped to squash the latest version of repulsive healthcare legislation.

Return to “Let's Talk!”