***Have-At-It Never-Ending Gabfest***

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
Paula

Post by Paula »

hotouthere wrote:
svca wrote:You know, if you play your cards right, you just might have trump crashing the wedding. He loves crashing weddings, and he obviously loves golf clubs.... ::winking:: ::winking::
Yeah...and I give her permission to clobber him with a golf club! ::nanananana::
BWAHAHA! Many people would thank her for that!
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
svca

Post by svca »

Ugh, I'm so, so ready for this year to be over. Son, 28, called this morning. He and girlfriend had to evacuate their Santa Rosa apartment because of the fires. They drove to Rohnert Park, where she works, but he called again about an hour ago...they're evacuating parts of RP also. They're moving to her Dad's house, which is more westward.

This same son was just in Vegas with Kelsey, but they left midday Sunday, before the shooting. They were staying in the hotel next to the shooter, also overlooking the concert.

This is way too much excitement for me....I'm home today but it sure isn't relaxing. I keep wishing they were down here in Santa Cruz with us, but Kevin says the freeways are totally clogged right now....everybody is trying to get out.

Keep them in your thoughts, please...I'm a worried Mom. He's still my baby, even at 28.
Paula

Post by Paula »

svca wrote:Ugh, I'm so, so ready for this year to be over. Son, 28, called this morning. He and girlfriend had to evacuate their Santa Rosa apartment because of the fires. They drove to Rohnert Park, where she works, but he called again about an hour ago...they're evacuating parts of RP also. They're moving to her Dad's house, which is more westward.

This same son was just in Vegas with Kelsey, but they left midday Sunday, before the shooting. They were staying in the hotel next to the shooter, also overlooking the concert.

This is way too much excitement for me....I'm home today but it sure isn't relaxing. I keep wishing they were down here in Santa Cruz with us, but Kevin says the freeways are totally clogged right now....everybody is trying to get out.

Keep them in your thoughts, please...I'm a worried Mom. He's still my baby, even at 28.
Oh wow. Sending prayers. ::no::
svca

Post by svca »

They're ok for now, just texted....they're spending the day and probably the night with her dad. They have no idea if their apartment survived. I've seen a couple of vids of Santa Rosa, parts that the fire hit...burnt out cars, buildings.

So scary. Thanks for the good thoughts. At least he's been good about keeping me posted.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

WOW! I'm so sorry to hear this. Glad to see they're safe now. BTW, no matter their age, our children will always be 'our babies'. ::hugkissblush::
"It is what it is!"
svca

Post by svca »

So true, Marie...I've been jittery all day. Even though I know they're safe, they're not right here, so I feel unsettled.

I so hope their little apartment made it. They've been together 3 years, most of it in different cities, and they just got to move in together about a year ago. They've been so excited buying little things here and there, fixing up their postage stamp "back deck" with plants, etc. They quickly grabbed some clothes, some of their paperwork, and my son's guitar, and left within 30 minutes. That's not a lot of time to decide what you need to take.

They haven't heard anything yet, as of about 2 hours ago. But at least they're in a safe place.
hotouthere

Post by hotouthere »

I went online after work and saw how awful those fires are. My sister lives in Walnut Creek so she is far enough away from the Napa area to be safe but the smoke could be an issue.

My sister surprised me this weekend. She came to attend her 50th high school reunion. I knew that she was coming but the surprise was that she broke a bone in her foot 2 days prior to her flight. I had no idea till she showed up on my doorstep hobbling around with a boot and crutches. It was her left foot so she could drive the car she rented but I had to constantly be fetching and carrying things for her. I really don't mind since I seldom get to see her.

She was quite a trooper as she managed to attend her high school football game with nightclubbing afterward. Then, besides chasing around town Saturday with me, she attended a fancy reunion dinner in the evening. She skipped the Sunday activities with her classmates which included a tour of her old school...that was pushing things a bit too much. Instead, we went out for breakfast, got a professional mani/pedicure, went to the movies and then went out to dinner.

Here's hoping for a little rain in out west to put out the fires. ::dancing:: (Raindance!)
svca

Post by svca »

Update on my son and his girlfriend...so far their apartment building is still ok. They went back there today to pick up some more things, and then took pics and vids for insurance, in case their place didn't make it. They're basically located in a, for now, area right between several fires. He was also going to go to the office for a while which is still standing right now.

I feel so bad for a lady on Atop, she lost her house...has lived there for 43 years. Another lady just got her mandatory evacuation notice....she's right next to the area where my son lives.

Sigh.

I wish he was closer, but he's been really good about texting us and keeping us updated.
Paula

Post by Paula »

svca wrote:Update on my son and his girlfriend...so far their apartment building is still ok. They went back there today to pick up some more things, and then took pics and vids for insurance, in case their place didn't make it. They're basically located in a, for now, area right between several fires. He was also going to go to the office for a while which is still standing right now.

I feel so bad for a lady on Atop, she lost her house...has lived there for 43 years. Another lady just got her mandatory evacuation notice....she's right next to the area where my son lives.

Sigh.

I wish he was closer, but he's been really good about texting us and keeping us updated.
Sending so many good vibes out to your son and his girlfriend. So sad. :(
svca

Post by svca »

Thanks, Paula...they're cautiously optimistic, but more areas are getting evacuated, so I don't know.

At least they're not staying there, so Mom doesn't have to freak out lol.

So much of the area is devastated, it looks like a war zone there. And the Sonoma, Napa Valley area was so, so gorgeous.

It's really sad.
Lizziek

Post by Lizziek »

svca wrote:Thanks, Paula...they're cautiously optimistic, but more areas are getting evacuated, so I don't know.

At least they're not staying there, so Mom doesn't have to freak out lol.

So much of the area is devastated, it looks like a war zone there. And the Sonoma, Napa Valley area was so, so gorgeous.

It's really sad.
So sorry to hear about your son and his girlfriend's situation. Glad their apt is still standing.I watch the news and it's so sad to see all the devastation. I used to live in Monterey, and we would go to Napa for weekends. Sending out positive vibes and lots of love to your son and gf, and all who are affected by the terrible fires. ::wub::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

I just got this email from a very reliable source... Pay heed!

Hi All,

Just thought I’d let you know that there is a new Ransomware that started in Russia and is now spreading through Europe so just a matter of time before it’s here in the USA. It’s called Bad Rabbit and it comes in posing as an Adobe Flash update. These just started popping up around October 24th

Since Flash is normally a common update from Adobe, for the time being, you should avoid clicking on doing any Adobe Flash updates just to be on the safe side. Also make sure whatever Anti‑virus and/or malware or other security apps you may be running are updated with the most current signature database.

Take care …

Rod
"It is what it is!"
svca

Post by svca »

Yikes ! Thanks for the warning....will forward to my own personal IT guru, hubby ::wub::
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

Today is the real Halloween so to all

Ohawk

Post by Ohawk »

Ghost Town played as the opener for Today Show!!
Paula

Post by Paula »

Happy Halloween, everyone! :D
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Our board had a glitch but it's all fixed now. ::thumbsup::
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

madamimadam wrote:Our board had a glitch but it's all fixed now. ::thumbsup::
OK. Not fixed... The problem is stemming from our host. We're working on it!
"It is what it is!"
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

I could not post just got error lot of times yesterday and for 10 minutes ago ::no::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Hrithika wrote:I could not post just got error lot of times yesterday and for 10 minutes ago ::no::
We're working on it....
::livid::
"It is what it is!"

Return to “Let's Talk!”