***Have-At-It Never-Ending Gabfest***

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

svca wrote: ::popcorn:: ::popcorn:: ::popcorn::

Me watching Trump vs Bannon
Same here:
Kangaroo_Eating_popcorn_gif.gif
And I might also be using...
CHAMPAGNE.gif
CHAMPAGNE.gif (10.58 KiB) Viewed 5460 times
"It is what it is!"
sandyrk

Post by sandyrk »

Happy New Year, everybody! ::huggy::

I am sorta frustrated with all these rumors of more concerts in May and June. All over the place. In fact, looks like they are to be both in Glasgow and Israel the same day, or something. My take, after being in Ireland in November, is that they want and need a break. They were fabulous, as usual, but Brian was so tired. I genuinely worried about him.

So I wonder what all the rumors are about...
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

WOW! This is awesome! From Trespasser

2014.08.17 Queen + Adam Lambert Live concert at Summer Sonic QVC Marine Field Chiba in Japan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xnL8IlexMo
"It is what it is!"
hotouthere

Post by hotouthere »

sandyrk wrote:Happy New Year, everybody! ::huggy::

I am sorta frustrated with all these rumors of more concerts in May and June. All over the place. In fact, looks like they are to be both in Glasgow and Israel the same day, or something. My take, after being in Ireland in November, is that they want and need a break. They were fabulous, as usual, but Brian was so tired. I genuinely worried about him.

So I wonder what all the rumors are about...
Happy New Year to you too!

It would be great if they could fill bigger venues and perform fewer...farther apart performances. I believe they chose indoor venues to avoid bad weather conditions and the size assures sold out shows. It's those double bookings (2 days in a row) and single days of rest that seem to be the hardest on them. I think they need to have a day off between every concert and 2 or 3 days off every couple weeks. Of course, it all comes down to money...the more spreading out of the concerts, the more costly.

In his last few instagrams, Brian was looking happy and rested. I am sure that it doesn't take him long to recover and get excited about the next journey. I really think he gets a kick out of seeing interesting architecture, scenery and his adoring fans. I am pretty sure, Adam has that same attitude. I have a little more difficult time understanding how Roger feels about it all. He avoids the fans but I think he likes the luxury hotels and the feeling of being important! The rest of the band and crew seem to be happy working with a great group of co-workers, earning a paycheck along with doing what they love.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Dunno anything for sure yet... but... this seems to have been a JCS photoshoot for promo... and Adam's laugh?

"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

I am soooooooooo excited for them. Things just keep falling into place like magic. :)

Both of them have dads in heaven and methinks they might be lining up those stars for them.

"It is what it is!"
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

madamimadam wrote:I am soooooooooo excited for them. Things just keep falling into place like magic. :)

Both of them have dads in heaven and methinks they might be lining up those stars for them.

That's wonderful Marie! ::grin:: I have no doubt whatsoever that the dads are looking out for the kids. ::yessss::
svca

Post by svca »

That's so cool, Marie....it's so gratifying, as a parent, to see your kids' lives fall into place.

How exciting for you ! and congrats to your son and his sweetie. ::flowers::
Paula

Post by Paula »

madamimadam wrote:I am soooooooooo excited for them. Things just keep falling into place like magic. :)

Awwww, that's beautiful, Marie! How does it feel to finally have a daughter coming into your family?
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
Paula

Post by Paula »

Has anyone else been watching "American Crime Story: The Murder of Gianni Versace"? SO good. Darren Criss (who played Blaine on "Glee", for those who don't remember him) is going to win a TON of awards for this, I think. And Ricky Martin is also still fine.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

I've been crazy busy with my son and future daughter-in-law with their condo sales, house purchase, furniture shopping....

I want to give my eternal thanks to Hrithika who has kept up with all the Adam stuff and NEW THREADS for the new Europe QAL shows.

You are priceless and a true gem!!!!!

::notworthy:: ::flowers:: ::notworthy:: ::flowers:: ::notworthy:: ::flowers:: ::notworthy::
"It is what it is!"
hotouthere

Post by hotouthere »

madamimadam wrote:I've been crazy busy with my son and future daughter-in-law with their condo sales, house purchase, furniture shopping....

I want to give my eternal thanks to Hrithika who has kept up with all the Adam stuff and NEW THREADS for the new Europe QAL shows.

::notworthy:: ::flowers:: ::notworthy:: ::flowers:: ::notworthy:: ::flowers:: ::notworthy::
::yes::

I truly appreciate all of Hrithika's hard work here. I have tried but she always beats me to the punch with finding stuff to bring in.

Unfortunately, I am back to work busy with tax season and little time to do much other than peak in here...usually late at night. The only people still awake are in Arizona or the west coast. I have seen a few of our members moonlighting over at Adamtopia ::ninjawave:: where they almost always have a very lively ongoing discussion which we need more of here! (I only read Adamtopia...haven't posted on there except to thank them for my birthday cake! Lol)

Oh well, I guess we may have to accept that people are busy and Adam isn't giving us much to talk about so....we'll just have to be satisfied to look at a few of the goodies brought in by Hrithika and spend most of our time working and saving up for the next tour! Or...as in Madamimadam's case....taking care of family matters.

I just popped in during my late lunch period and have to go back to work now. ::wheee::
svca

Post by svca »

I still pop in here every day and occasionally drop my "pearls of wisdom" lol. I do enjoy reading at Atop, don't post too often though. They have a few people that seem to be clued into the music business in general, and it's interesting to read their perspective. Good luck with the season...sounds stressful.

My son got his CPA license, worked for a big firm in San Jose, got stolen away to a smaller firm in Santa Rosa where he lives, but got stolen again by a regular business to work in their accounting dept. He decided very quickly that an accounting position with a big firm was NOT to his liking...way too stressful. His girlfriend didn't like the long hours, either. She likes to travel and do lots of activities and him working until 10 or 11 at night just didn't work.
hotouthere

Post by hotouthere »

svca wrote:I still pop in here every day and occasionally drop my "pearls of wisdom" lol. I do enjoy reading at Atop, don't post too often though. They have a few people that seem to be clued into the music business in general, and it's interesting to read their perspective. Good luck with the season...sounds stressful.

My son got his CPA license, worked for a big firm in San Jose, got stolen away to a smaller firm in Santa Rosa where he lives, but got stolen again by a regular business to work in their accounting dept. He decided very quickly that an accounting position with a big firm was NOT to his liking...way too stressful. His girlfriend didn't like the long hours, either. She likes to travel and do lots of activities and him working until 10 or 11 at night just didn't work.
Hi svca,

Atop often reminds me of some of the discussions we had in the early days on the old Idol Forum...especially when new fans show up and start re-hashing all the subjects we have already worn out! ::haha::

Currently I work for a VERY small CPA firm and tax season is definitely not fun due to the long hours! Besides assisting with tax preparation, I mainly do accounting and payroll for small businesses and handling our computer and software requirements. We don't do any auditing but we have a healthy tax preparation practice. My boss used to work for the IRS and LOVES preparing taxes. I am grateful that I have had my job for over 34 years. I have a decent paying job in a very comfortable office within 5 minutes from home. The work is both interesting and challenging and we have many very nice long-term clients. I just hope my boss (who is well past normal retirement age) keeps working a few more years...I have a new car to pay off and need plenty of $ to attend Adam's concerts.
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

LOL

Some speculation in the fandom are that he is with his brothers family in Hawaii on vacation
His IG live matches Neils hotel.

Paula

Post by Paula »

Hrithika wrote:LOL

Some speculation in the fandom are that he is with his brothers family in Hawaii on vacation
His IG live matches Neils hotel.

That's a great guess. It would also explain why it didn't seem like he was at Alisan's show last night.
WitchyWoman

Post by WitchyWoman »

madamimadam wrote:I've been crazy busy with my son and future daughter-in-law with their condo sales, house purchase, furniture shopping....

I second that! A true treasure of inestimable worth!
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

WitchyWoman wrote:

I second that! A true treasure of inestimable worth!
*nods wisely*
"It is what it is!"
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARIE!

Have a wonderful day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ::huggy::

svca

Post by svca »

Woohoo, somebody's having a birthday ?????? ::banana:: ::banana:: ::banana::

Happy Birthday, Marie ::flowers:: ::flowers:: ::wub:: ::wub::

Hope you're spending a wonderful day with your family and eating lots of cake ::thumbsup:: ::thumbsup::

Return to “Let's Talk!”