***Have-At-It Never-Ending Gabfest***

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

I love learning stuff like this...

UberFacts  ·  8h 8 hours ago
The phrase "Hands down" is from 19th century horse-racing, when victory was so secure that a jockey could drop the reins and still win.
"It is what it is!"
donnamb

Post by donnamb »

I know my son is not fond of academics.  School was never his forte, languages and math complete downfalls.  He went from college to being called to active military duty in Kuwait, to coming back and trying to visit a college degree online, while working as an EMT.
Well, now, he believes he's found his calling.  As a commercial diver/underwater welder/underwater medic.  
I hope my colorist can keep up with the gray hair sprouting forth.
sixona

Post by sixona »

donnamb:12358 wrote:I know my son is not fond of academics.  School was never his forte, languages and math complete downfalls.  He went from college to being called to active military duty in Kuwait, to coming back and trying to visit a college degree online, while working as an EMT.
Well, now, he believes he's found his calling.  As a commercial diver/underwater welder/underwater medic.  
Your life will definitely not be dull  :yes: perhaps just by a wig ?  :flowers:
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

donnamb:12358 wrote:I know my son is not fond of academics.  School was never his forte, languages and math complete downfalls.  He went from college to being called to active military duty in Kuwait, to coming back and trying to visit a college degree online, while working as an EMT.
How old is he? My younger son was exactly like that until he 'fell in' the right job for him 12 years ago at the age of 23!!!! Before that? No job satisfied him. He would get a new job... be over the moon about it... a few days in, his fellow workers were morons... a few more days, the owner (who probably had that business for 30+ years) is an idiot and doesn't know what he's doing.... add a few more days, the customers/clients are a PITA... within a few days of that last realization came the inevitable 'I quit!'... then a month or two of sleeping in until all hours, showering around 7:00 p.m., going out with his friends, rolling in around 4/5 a.m. and passing out... rinse and repeat....

I give him full credit for every white hair I have!!!! :rolling:

Today? He's 34... Has been at the same company for 12 years! Has risen through the ranks of this worldwide outfit, traveled to complete projects in other countries... Loves it... Just asked for a $21K raise and got it, effective immediately! They love him and he loves his work...

So all that to say... there's hope!!!!
"It is what it is!"
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

madamimadam:12438 wrote:
How old is he? My younger son was exactly like that until he 'fell in' the right job for him 12 years ago at the age of 23!!!! Before that? No job satisfied him. He would get a new job... be over the moon about it... a few days in, his fellow workers were morons... a few more days, the owner (who probably had that business for 30+ years) is an idiot and doesn't know what he's doing.... add a few more days, the customers/clients are a PITA... within a few days of that last realization came the inevitable 'I quit!'... then a month or two of sleeping in until all hours, showering around 7:00 p.m., going out with his friends, rolling in around 4/5 a.m. and passing out... rinse and repeat....

I give him full credit for every white hair I have!!!! :rolling:

Today? He's 34... Has been at the same company for 12 years! Has risen through the ranks of this worldwide outfit, traveled to complete projects in other countries... Loves it... Just asked for a $21K raise and got it, effective immediately! They love him and he loves his work...

So all that to say... there's hope!!!!

Agreed ladies....I have a similar son as well  :wub:

Either late bloomers.....or.....just needs time to find the right fit    :yes:

Mine is doing great now too :thumbsup:

I remember one time asking my Mom....may she RIP....

Is there ever a time you stop worrying about your kiddies ???? ....She said never ....lovely  :wub:  

And...then the Grand Kiddies come along......more peeps to worry about  :wub:

The natural circle of life  :flowers: :wub:
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

Wow!  Just watched two of the most important and fascinating hours of television....the Diane Sawyer interview with Bruce Jenner.  What a brave, brave human being.  Lives will be changed and saved because of Bruce's courage and Diane/ABC's reporting.
svca

Post by svca »

bebeg:12642 wrote:Wow!  Just watched two of the most important and fascinating hours of television....the Diane Sawyer interview with Bruce Jenner.  What a brave, brave human being.  Lives will be changed and saved because of Bruce's courage and Diane/ABC's reporting.

Do you think this will be available somewhere online?  I don't have tv but would love to watch this.

Diane Sawyer has such a way with her interview subjects.
donnamb

Post by donnamb »

bebeg:12642 wrote:Wow!  Just watched two of the most important and fascinating hours of television....the Diane Sawyer interview with Bruce Jenner.  What a brave, brave human being.  Lives will be changed and saved because of Bruce's courage and Diane/ABC's reporting.
Just saw that too.  My husband's high school physics teacher transiting about 10 years ago to female.  Stayed married to his female wife.  People meeting the female version without knowing that he/she was male are  shocked that she had achieved her educational  and life experience background in the sciences so many years ago.

Maybe a reminder that there have been many brave people in the queue.
adamazing

Post by adamazing »

I just watched that as well.  What a brave thing he is doing - he is going to help save so many lives with his candidness.
[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a101/rlitzau/signature2.jpg[/img]
hotouthere

Post by hotouthere »

Darn, I really wanted to see that interview.  I do accounting for a client who transitioned from male to female quite a few years ago.  

I actually met Bruce Jenner in a Las Vegas restaurant when I was 21 years old, shortly after he had won the gold medal.  I got his autograph!  I am almost 5'9" and he towered over me.  He will be a rather tall woman!  :yes:
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

svca:12643 wrote:

Do you think this will be available somewhere online?  I don't have tv but would love to watch this.

Diane Sawyer has such a way with her interview subjects.
It's available here...

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/fullpage/bru ... w-30471558

It was so good and so powerful, I woke up this morning thinking about it.  

I was a 13 year old teen when Bruce won the Gold Medal and I was infatuated with him.  He was gorgeous and athletic and perfect.  I admired him then and admire him now.

Two of my favorite tweets from last night -

Rob Lowe @RobLowe  ·  11h 11 hours ago
I was proud of Bruce Jenner in Montreal and I'm proud of him tonight. Some have to fight more than the rest of us for their happiness.

Debra Messing @DebraMessing  ·  10h 10 hours ago
Bruce Jenner-An American Hero yet again.
You changed EVERYTHING tonight. Thank you. #brave #authentic #beautiful
infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

infinite:12819 wrote:That's so adorable... :wub:

http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.co ... o_the_prom
That really warms the heart. Things are changing for the good, one day at a time and our youth are the ones to do it. :thumbsup:

TY infinite for posting this. :hug:
svca

Post by svca »

I saw that one my facebook....so awesome.

And so encouraging  :thumbsup:
Paula

Post by Paula »

Marie, any idea how long this board will be offline for the upgrade?
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Paula:12925 wrote:Marie, any idea how long this board will be offline for the upgrade?
We're not sure... We've been told anywhere from an hour to twelve hours depending on how cooperative the upgrading process is. Once it's completed, we have to make sure that all settings, users, threads, formatting were kept intact...

Wish us luck!!!!

:hug:
"It is what it is!"
Paula

Post by Paula »

madamimadam:12927 wrote:
Paula:12925 wrote:Marie, any idea how long this board will be offline for the upgrade?
We're not sure... We've been told anywhere from an hour to twelve hours depending on how cooperative the upgrading process is. Once it's completed, we have to make sure that all settings, users, threads, formatting were kept intact...

Wish us luck!!!!

:hug:
Good luck! :hug:
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
svca

Post by svca »

Good luck, Marie!!!  Can't wait to see our "new" home  :flowers:  :flowers:  :flowers:
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

svca:12937 wrote:Good luck, Marie!!!  Can't wait to see our "new" home  :flowers:  :flowers:  :flowers:
It's absolutely GAWRRRJUSSSSS!!!!!

:laugh:
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Home of the "This and That" news/info/etc.

Post by madamimadam »

OK, guys... I'm running on fumes here... Only slept 1.5 hour last night.

Tomorrow is another day... We can tackle any new issue then!

[0029.gif]
"It is what it is!"

Return to “Let's Talk!”