***Have-At-It Never-Ending Gabfest***

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

svca » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:00 pm wrote:Good Lord, Marie, don't know how, but I totally messed up your quote.

So sorry ::duh:: ::duh::
I fixed it for you! ::hello::
"It is what it is!"
svca

Post by svca »

Thank you, Marie ::huggy:: ::huggy::

Thanks for letting us vent in here....it's been a depressing week, and I can't seem to snap out of it. I just keep feeling like crying, I feel this weird sense of loss.

I just want to crawl into bed and pull the covers over my head.

I think I was happier when I was oblivious of politics....it's going to be a loooooong 4 years ::cryblownose:: ::cryblownose:: ::cryblownose::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

svca » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:22 pm wrote:Thank you, Marie ::huggy:: ::huggy::

Thanks for letting us vent in here....it's been a depressing week, and I can't seem to snap out of it. I just keep feeling like crying, I feel this weird sense of loss.

I think I was happier when I was oblivious of politics....it's going to be a loooooong 4 years ::cryblownose:: ::cryblownose:: ::cryblownose::
I think it's a process... I cried for two days.... Got very productive yesterday.... And yet today, I seem paralyzed again... Not crying... Just sad, angry, scared for my American friends...

We need each other. We need to be kind to each other. Everyone will work through this 'grieving period' in their own way in their own time.

But once, YOU feel ready, then you'll pick yourself up, dust yourself off and go do an act of kindness for a stranger... Smile at a child or an elderly couple... And it will make you feel better... and then you'll do it again and again....

The "YOU" is not you, SVCA, but the collective "YOU" / "US"...

We will survive! Love Will Trump Hate!!!!!

::huggy:: ::grouphug:: ::huggy::
"It is what it is!"
svca

Post by svca »

I'm so, so happy and thankful to have my Adam friends ::grouphug:: ::grouphug::

Love you guys ::heart:: ::heart::
nica575

Post by nica575 »

svca » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:22 pm wrote:Thank you, Marie ::huggy:: ::huggy::

every person i talk to in my RL is experiencing the same ...not wanting to get out of bed and face the world that seems to have sifted into some alternate reality...the twilight zone...

I have many friends in Russia - they are telling me there are celebrations going on there! Just think on that!

But life will go on, and I am sure the country and the world will somehow survive...in the meantime I'll have to learn to live with no health insurance... yippee!
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

This is AMAZING! As the girl says, it should be COMPULSORY for the entire human race!

Racist girl takes DNA test to reveal her ethnicity – the results bring her to tears…

http://en.newsner.com/biased-strangers- ... out/family
"It is what it is!"
misswood

Post by misswood »

Is it possible he was a Moronchurian candidate? ::unsure::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

misswood » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:48 pm wrote:Is it possible he was a Moronchurian candidate? ::unsure::
No, he wasn't... He still is! ::hysterical::
"It is what it is!"
Lizziek

Post by Lizziek »

misswood » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:30 pm wrote:
donnamb » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:15 pm wrote:The results of the election are soul-numbing, yet we'll be going out to dinner tomorrow with friends of some 45 years who are Trump supporters.

My two daughters (in their early 30s) are devastated. Even though our states (Rhode Island and New Jersey) went for Clinton, we all watched in disbelief as state after state fell to Trump's promises. My younger daughter was crushed that a neighbor shot off fireworks Wednesday night to celebrate the results. She texted me that she no longer had any love for the county in which she has lived for her entire life and was considering a move to Vermont - "it's beautiful, progressive, and you can get lots of acreage" - said the girl who has been renovating a 200 year old farmhouse in the heart of our rural and mostly Republican county. Partisan politics never seemed so divisive before.
I've been avoiding a good friend of mine ever since this disaster. She keeps calling and I feel bad for not answering, but I just know we will get into a argument. We already have. My husband is avoiding his sister and brother in law. I don't know how to deal with this. This has never happened to me. It's a shame that so many folks are going to lose long time friends and relationships over this horribly vile person.
I hear you all. I live in MA, and while my state voted for Hillary, my town did not and it kills me to know that. I'm dreading Thanksgiving this year because many of my family are supporters of "him", and I hope they have the good sense not to talk politics or I might walk out. This country doesn't know what it's unleashed. It's like Pandora's box.
nica575

Post by nica575 »

Lizziek » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:41 pm wrote:
misswood » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:30 pm wrote:
donnamb » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:15 pm wrote:The results of the election are soul-numbing, yet we'll be going out to dinner tomorrow with friends of some 45 years who are Trump supporters.

My two daughters (in their early 30s) are devastated. Even though our states (Rhode Island and New Jersey) went for Clinton, we all watched in disbelief as state after state fell to Trump's promises. My younger daughter was crushed that a neighbor shot off fireworks Wednesday night to celebrate the results. She texted me that she no longer had any love for the county in which she has lived for her entire life and was considering a move to Vermont - "it's beautiful, progressive, and you can get lots of acreage" - said the girl who has been renovating a 200 year old farmhouse in the heart of our rural and mostly Republican county. Partisan politics never seemed so divisive before.
I've been avoiding a good friend of mine ever since this disaster. She keeps calling and I feel bad for not answering, but I just know we will get into a argument. We already have. My husband is avoiding his sister and brother in law. I don't know how to deal with this. This has never happened to me. It's a shame that so many folks are going to lose long time friends and relationships over this horribly vile person.
I hear you all. I live in MA, and while my state voted for Hillary, my town did not and it kills me to know that. I'm dreading Thanksgiving this year because many of my family are supporters of "him", and I hope they have the good sense not to talk politics or I might walk out. This country doesn't know what it's unleashed. It's like Pandora's box.
I feel for you! ::huggy::
tnkrbell80

Post by tnkrbell80 »

WE WILL PREVAIL.

WE WILL NOT BE OPPRESSED.

I HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE WHAT I WANT TO DO WITH MY BODY AND NO GOVERNMENT SHOULD BE ABLE TO TELL ME OTHERWISE.

I WILL CONTINUE TO STAND WITH MY IMMIGRANT PEOPLE.

I WILL PROTECT OTHERS FROM DISCRIMINATION.

I WILL CONTINUE TO SPREAD LOVE AS MUCH AS I CAN.

I WILL NOT LIVE IN FEAR.

I WILL BE THERE IF I AM NEEDED.

WE COULD NOT LET THIS MAN TAKE AWAY WHAT BELONGS TO US AND THAT'S FREEDOM AND LIBERTY FOR ALL!!!!

I WILL CONTINUE TO PEACEFULLY PROTEST LIKE MANY OF MY ANGELINOS HAVE!!! MY VOICE WILL BE HEARD AND ECHOED IN THIS COUNTRY. I WILL NOT STAND DOWN!!!

Sorry for the caps and rant but this is how I feel. There is a lot at stake here and I hope calexit does happen even though it sounds crazy but not as crazy as trump being president, just sayin...
misswood

Post by misswood »

tnkrbell80 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:00 pm wrote:WE WILL PREVAIL.

WE WILL NOT BE OPPRESSED.

I HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE WHAT I WANT TO DO WITH MY BODY AND NO GOVERNMENT SHOULD BE ABLE TO TELL ME OTHERWISE.

I WILL CONTINUE TO STAND WITH MY IMMIGRANT PEOPLE.

I WILL PROTECT OTHERS FROM DISCRIMINATION.

I WILL CONTINUE TO SPREAD LOVE AS MUCH AS I CAN.

I WILL NOT LIVE IN FEAR.

I WILL BE THERE IF I AM NEEDED.

WE COULD NOT LET THIS MAN TAKE AWAY WHAT BELONGS TO US AND THAT'S FREEDOM AND LIBERTY FOR ALL!!!!

I WILL CONTINUE TO PEACEFULLY PROTEST LIKE MANY OF MY ANGELINOS HAVE!!! MY VOICE WILL BE HEARD AND ECHOED IN THIS COUNTRY. I WILL NOT STAND DOWN!!!

Sorry for the caps and rant but this is how I feel. There is a lot at stake here and I hope calexit does happen even though it sounds crazy but not as crazy as trump being president, just sayin...
Don't worry, Tink. We're not gonna let that certified circus peanut deport you! ::angry::
Paula

Post by Paula »

Switching gears from election talk....

If anyone has a good thought or a prayer to spare, please send them this way. My grandmother needs all of the prayers that she can get right now. Thank you. ::crying::
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
misswood

Post by misswood »

::flower:: I'm sorry about your grandma, Paula
Paula

Post by Paula »

misswood » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:45 pm wrote:::flower:: I'm sorry about your grandma, Paula
Thank you, misswood. It's looking like she could be gone by the end of the week. ::crying::
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

It's been almost a week since the election and I still can't wrap my head around the fact that he will be our next President. I see the pictures of him with President Obama in the White House and it can't be real. I keep thinking of all the presidential things he'll have to do....State of the Union Addresses, comforting a nation and families after tragedies....no, just no. It doesn't make any sense. I've always enjoyed watching the inauguration regardless of who the President was because I love the history of the moment but I'm pretty sure I won't be able to watch it this time.

I think I will forever struggle with finding out that people (relatives, old classmates) who I thought were intelligent, kind, caring people supported this man. With each horrendous thing he would say I'd think 'there's no way so and so can support him now' and yet they did. I look at these people a whole lot differently now and that saddens me.

Now to lighten things up. I have so enjoyed the Obamas and the Bidens and the bromance between the President and Joe. There are a whole lot of fun meme's floating around. Here are a few referencing recent events...

Lizziek

Post by Lizziek »

Paula » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:31 pm wrote:Switching gears from election talk....

If anyone has a good thought or a prayer to spare, please send them this way. My grandmother needs all of the prayers that she can get right now. Thank you. ::crying::
So sorry to hear this Paula . Sending positive thoughts and love to you and your grandmother. ::heart::
Paula

Post by Paula »

Lizziek » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:14 pm wrote:
Paula » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:31 pm wrote:Switching gears from election talk....

So sorry to hear this Paula . Sending positive thoughts and love to you and your grandmother. ::heart::
Thank you, Lizzie. ::huggy::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

I'm so sorry, Paula. Love and light for you and your family. ::huggy::
"It is what it is!"
svca

Post by svca »

So sorry to hear about our Grandma, Paula.

Many, many hugs for you and your family ::grouphug:: ::grouphug::

Return to “Let's Talk!”