***Have-At-It Never-Ending Gabfest***

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Home of the "This and That" news/info/etc.

Post by vistadiva »

bebeg wrote:
vistadiva wrote:
bebeg wrote:
madamimadam wrote:billboard · 4h 4 hours ago
Check out the data behind Billboard's top music money-makers list: http://blbrd.cm/SZzEjL

PattiHum · 4h 4 hours ago
Interesting stat! 55% of concert goers are over age 40!! http://blbrd.cm/SZzEjL
That's probably because many of the acts touring are the legendary acts that those over 40 would be interested in seeing.
Which negates the 5 Sec of Summer, Katy Perry, 1 D, Taylor Swift, Iggy Azeila, Beiber, Ariana Grande...etc? IMO, there are far, far more contemporary performers...young ones....dominating the tour circuit than the ledgendary acts.
It's the over 40's that have the $$$ for these concert tix.
I was basing my thinking on the list that the article links to which is the top money makers of 2014. About half of the top 30 are what I would think of as 'legendary' act. Acts that would draw the over 40 crowd -- Billy Joel, Eagles, McCartney, George Strait, Cher, Jimmy Buffet, Journey, Fleetwood Mac, Springsteen, Celine Dion, Motley Crue, Dave Matthews...

But, of course, there are people over 35/40 going to see the contemporary artists. I would spend money to see some of them. I just think in recent years there have been a lot of the old/legendary acts on tour. And of course those over 40 have the money/time to go to concerts whether it's to see the legendary acts or contemporary artists.

I think the big take away for me is, although I've known that touring is where the money is, 80% is a huge percentage!!
I really wasn't surprised at the %. Life on the road is not easy.....I think many of these artists do it because of the huge $$ involved...money they can no longer make as the music industry changes. Video killed the radio star...and internet killed the recording star.
nica575

Post by nica575 »

I just found out that Jax on AI was "paired" with S. Tyler for the finale duet. I don't follow AI but I know she had been projected to be "Adam's partner" in fan's minds...

So, where does this all leave us? I find it hard to believe Adam would not use AI stage for promo, especially given that the timing is so great!

What do you guys think? Or hear?

I want him to perform GT and not some random duet.....
Carmi

Post by Carmi »

nica575 wrote:I just found out that Jax on AI was "paired" with S. Tyler for the finale duet. I don't follow AI but I know she had been projected to be "Adam's partner" in fan's minds...

So, where does this all leave us? I find it hard to believe Adam would not use AI stage for promo, especially given that the timing is so great!

My fingers are crossed for the finale. Hope it happens. This would be the first year since his season that he wouldn't be on if he is not on the finale episode. [shocked.gif]
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

Carmi wrote:
nica575 wrote:I just found out that Jax on AI was "paired" with S. Tyler for the finale duet. I don't follow AI but I know she had been projected to be "Adam's partner" in fan's minds...

My fingers are crossed for the finale. Hope it happens. This would be the first year since his season that he wouldn't be on if he is not on the finale episode. [shocked.gif]
Unfortunately, in the real world, Steven Tyler trumps Adam Lambert....as far as the duet goes. IF he were going to be on Idol, now I'd rather it be next week with final 4...or week after with final 3. That's when he could perform his own music.

As far as the finale...I think Jax wanted Adam...she pretty much said so...and maybe AI had that planned. BUT, when they visited the recording studio and ST was there recording and in jest he sang with Jax...and then asked her to sing with him on the finale...that sealed it.
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

I have not been following AI this year.....

So I don't really care who he sings with....

I just hope that he performs GT on AI within the last few weeks [thumbsup.gif]

It would really surprise me if he does not [roll.gif] [roll.gif]
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
nica575

Post by nica575 »

vistadiva wrote:
Carmi wrote:

Unfortunately, in the real world, Steven Tyler trumps Adam Lambert....as far as the duet goes. IF he were going to be on Idol, now I'd rather it be next week with final 4...or week after with final 3. That's when he could perform his own music.

As far as the finale...I think Jax wanted Adam...she pretty much said so...and maybe AI had that planned. BUT, when they visited the recording studio and ST was there recording and in jest he sang with Jax...and then asked her to sing with him on the finale...that sealed it.
but..but only 2 weeks of Ai left, right?...I'm missing something...like a whole week...
donnamb

Post by donnamb »

vistadiva wrote:
Carmi wrote:

I thought that ST in the studio was a complete set-up.
I've lost track of the radio visits Adam is scheduled for this upcoming week, so I'm thinking an appearance on May 6 is unlikely. May 12 is when the top two are identified, and I think the focus of the show would be the competition between the two. The finale is May 13.

Adam did not go to the finale when he was rehearsing for the Glamnation tour, so he has missed before.
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

nica575 wrote:
vistadiva wrote:
Carmi wrote:

but..but only 2 weeks of Ai left, right?...I'm missing something...like a whole week...
Yes only two weeks left.
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

bebeg wrote:
nica575 wrote:
vistadiva wrote:
Carmi wrote:

Yes only two weeks left.

I'm so confused [oh.gif] . There are still 4 left...so next week they eliminate 1..that leaves 3. The following week they
eliminate the 3rd one...and then the finale the next week? Or is that week a 2 nighter?

IDK...I really only watch the last few weeks.
donnamb

Post by donnamb »

vistadiva wrote:
I'm so confused [oh.gif] . There are still 4 left...so next week they eliminate 1..that leaves 3. The following week they
eliminate the 3rd one...and then the finale the next week? Or is that week a 2 nighter?

IDK...I really only watch the last few weeks.
This whole season has been confusing. There were rumors of a three way final to go along with the 4 home town visits. But supposedly next week - which is practically this week - the top three will be identified. On Tuesday, the 12th, the top two will be identified and will compete. The finale is on Wednesday.
Carmi

Post by Carmi »

donnamb wrote:
vistadiva wrote:
Carmi wrote:

I thought that ST in the studio was a complete set-up.
I've lost track of the radio visits Adam is scheduled for this upcoming week, so I'm thinking an appearance on May 6 is unlikely. May 12 is when the top two are identified, and I think the focus of the show would be the competition between the two. The finale is May 13.

Adam did not go to the finale when he was rehearsing for the Glamnation tour, so he has missed before.

Adam didn't go to the finale in 2010, but that was the year that he mentored Elvis week. What I meant was that IF he doesn't appear on Idol this year, that it would be his first time missing the show. Not necessarily the finale per se.

I just want him on the show before it ends.

The finales on Idol are always packed with super surprise singing guests. Adam's year had Rod Stewart for example. It would be nice IMO if Adam was one of those surprise guests and performed Ghost Town. Hey, it could happen. I say as I cross my fingers. [rolling.gif]
donnamb

Post by donnamb »

He was on as a judge - does that count?
Carmi

Post by Carmi »

donnamb wrote:He was on as a judge - does that count?

Sure, why not? [thumbs.gif] Would love him to perform though. It would be so great for Ghost Town exposure.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

SusieFierce · 8h 8 hours ago
Spotify Premium has a three-month trial for 99 cents. I'm down.
"It is what it is!"
svca

Post by svca »

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there [0146.gif] [0146.gif]

Off to lunch today with my Mom and my sister....I'm so lucky to have them both, feeling blessed.

Have a great day you guys [grouphug.gif]
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

I have tons of stuff to bring in but I went to see my mom this morning and have to leave soon to do gym carpool for my granddaughter.

I'll be back around 3:30 and then keep an eye on the Sea of Red thread!

[0010.gif]
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Lord! What a day this has been!!!! Crazy twitter feed with all the announcements (Andy Show, GMA, Underground media cycle)... and my daughter-in-law texts me to ask that I go shopping for my granddaughter's birthday (Monday - with a party on Sunday).

My deal with my DIL has always been "Here's the money! Buy her what you think is right and I'll wrap the stuff!"

But she ran out of time, working mom of 3... how could I say no?

First, you need to understand that I HATE shopping!!! I do grocery shopping every couple of months... that's how bad it is!

Well, my DIL was very specific as to what I needed to buy:

1) Go to ToysRUs and buy a boogie board (something she'll write on), pink if they have.

2) Go to Pottery Barn and buy mermaid sheet set.

Easy enough, right?

Thing is, Pottery Barn is on the South Shore of Montreal - mainly French-speaking...

So I found a ToysRUs on the South Shore near the Pottery Barn so I could do both at the same time...

First, I went to ToysRUs where everything is written in French, but lo and behold... I found a pink boogie board...

This.... http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp ... Id=3111886

I thought it was a bit 'youngish' for her... She's turning 8, but I figured my DIL knows best...

On to Pottery Barn, where the nicest salesman I have ever met, got me the sheets and since I had some money left from the amount I usually spend, I bought her a jewelry box and a mermaid beach towel... The guy was so nice, he even gift wrapped it for me which they don't do. I didn't ask... HE OFFERED! I kissed him before leaving the store.

I got home and shlepped this damned board up to my apartment, cursing at the thought of wrapping it because it doesn't come in a box!!!!

Texted my DIL to tell her what I had accomplished... very proud of myself...

She texted me back that she couldn't understand why the boogie board was $60 when she saw it for $30... I proudly told her that the one I bought was double-sided!!!!

She answered me... "Huh?"

So I finally went on the ToysRUs site and typed in boogie board... and this is what I was supposed to buy!!!!

http://www.toysrus.ca/search/index.jsp? ... rd&x=0&y=0

Crap!!!!! I told my DIL that I would return the 'easel' and get the 'boogie board' in town...

I had to pick up my granddaughter from a play date and bring her home, so once I was out, I figured I might as well get it over with... Off to ToysRUs I go... AGAIN!!! GRRRRRR!!!!

I hand the nice man the 'easel' and tell him that I was supposed to get a 'boogie board'... He cackled and said: "You're the grandmother, huh?"

I wanted to hit him!!!! He sent someone to get me a boogie board... Turns out it was the last one and half price... Bargain!!!!

I came home to see 250 tweets on my feed... I just wanted to cry!!!!

Now, I've at least gone through the lot and favorited/RT'd what I needed to do and I have no umphhh left to do the Sea of Red thread....

Somebody pour me a stiff drink, please!!!!!

*stares into space*
"It is what it is!"
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

[foxes_251.gif] Here you go! [happy.gif]

madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Tiki wrote:Here you go! [happy.gif]

You're my hero!!!!

[friends.gif]
"It is what it is!"
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

Well, Marie, you had me confused. I though..'her granddaughter wants one of those little surfboards and you can write on it?'. I didn't know there were tablets called boogie boards.

Return to “Let's Talk!”