The Welcoming Wagon

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Welcoming Wagon

Post by madamimadam »

Hi guys!

I know that at first things may look different than at IDF and you may need support (techie and emotional)!

So this is a thread to ask questions which I will try to answer ASAP to make your transition smoother.

It's also a place where you can discuss the board at large... What you like / don't like about it... More heads are better than one and God knows we have some clever members!  :wink:

Once I start getting questions, I will post the answers in an organized fashion (pfffftttt! This is ME you're talking to!!!  :laugh: ) in the next post(s).

IF YOU HAVEN'T DONE SO ALREADY, COULD YOU GO TO YOUR PROFILES AND PUT IN A STATE/PROVINCE FOR THE US/CANADA PEEPS AND COUNTRY FOR THOSE OUTSIDE OF THE US/CANADA, SO I CAN GET A FEEL FOR THE TIME ZONES.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Picture siggie: Get the url link and post that in the Signature box in your profile.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

IF YOU WANT TO HELP... WE NEED PEOPLE TO BRING IN POSTS FROM IDF FOR ALL THE QAL 2015 UK/EUROPE TOUR. ONCE YOU'RE ASSIGNED A THREAD, YOU CAN DO IT AT YOUR OWN PACE!

First, go to IDF and 'reply' to the post you want to bring here...

The top two lines will look like this:

Hi guys!

Only select and copy from the apostrophe before the poster's name until the end of the post EXCLUDING [/quo te].

Then come to your post here and paste it here... It should look like this...

'madamimadam' date='Apr 11th 2015, 5:54 PM' post='26791642']
Hi guys!

The next thing is to get rid of the post number which is irrelevant here... So select the portion in italics.... and hit enter. This will create a blank line between the two top lines.

Your post will now be looking like this...

'madamimadam' date='Apr 11th 2015, 5:54 PM'

Hi guys!

Now you're good to post. Ctrl-A will select the entire post, select the Quote box above, hit submit.

The end result will look like this:

'madamimadam' date='Apr 11th 2015, 5:54 PM'

Hi guys!

It sounds like a lot of steps, but trust me, once you get the hang of it, it becomes second nature... And the beauty of this board is that you can go edit and fix anything you did wrong or if it's too much of a mess, just ask a mod or me to delete the post for you.

:flowers:
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Reserved.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Reserved.
svca

Post by svca »

It looks purdy in here!  And I'm loving the larger font, as I'm basically blind lol.

:celebrate:  :celebrate:

So excited about our new home....can't wait to see everybody over here  :thumbsup:
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

svca:5893 wrote:It looks purdy in here!  And I'm loving the larger font, as I'm basically blind lol.

So excited about our new home....can't wait to see everybody over here  :thumbsup:
Me too! I'm such a dork though... I thought of everything, planned for every contingency and then... THEN... I FORGOT TO UNLOCK THE REGISTRATION!!!!!

:rolling:
svca

Post by svca »

Hey, it's your board.....you don't wanna let just anybody in here  :laugh:
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

svca:5893 wrote:It looks purdy in here!  And I'm loving the larger font, as I'm basically blind lol.

Hi svca! Welcome, so nice to see you here. :flowers: Yes, the larger font is so much better.  I can even see now without squinting.  :laugh:
infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

:wave:
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

madamimadam:5894 wrote:

Me too! I'm such a dork though... I thought of everything, planned for every contingency and then... THEN... I FORGOT TO UNLOCK THE REGISTRATION!!!!!

I wondered why, no one was registering, knew some were here. That was priceless.
:lmfao:  :lmfao:  :lmfao:
svca

Post by svca »

Hey, it's a VERY exclusive site.... :wub:  :wub:
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Tiki:5900 wrote:
madamimadam:5894 wrote:

I wondered why, no one was registering, knew some were here. That was priceless.
:lmfao:  :lmfao:  :lmfao:
And then, to make matters worse, I thought I had set up the board's email address to forward ALL mail to my regular account...  Guess what? It doesn't! So I kept trying to get these poor people in and kept clicking on the same wrong thing!!!!

But it's all good now! I've opened registration to everyone without needing approval, so hopefully, "I built it", so "They will come"

:laugh:
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

SVCA, I just read at IDF that you still don't know how to get an avi. Go to your profile, scroll down and upload a picture for your avi... No more than 20K though.
svca

Post by svca »

Question....what's the difference in the Quick Post and the regular posting?

Also, it's taking a long time to be able to post...is that my computer or is that happening for everybody?
svca

Post by svca »

madamimadam:5904 wrote:SVCA, I just read at IDF that you still don't know how to get an avi. Go to your profile, scroll down and upload a picture for your avi... No more than 20K though.

I know how to get the pic, but it keeps saying they're too big.

Not sure how to get them smaller  :sad:
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

svca:5905 wrote:Question....what's the difference in the Quick Post and the regular posting?

Also, it's taking a long time to be able to post...is that my computer or is that happening for everybody?
Quick post is where you can add a post without having the bells and whistles that you get on a regular reply. Quick and dirty.

There's a delay set up by the board to prevent spamming. After you reach a certain amount of posts, it gets lifted and then you can post to your heart's content!

:thumbsup:
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

svca:5907 wrote:
madamimadam:5904 wrote:SVCA, I just read at IDF that you still don't know how to get an avi. Go to your profile, scroll down and upload a picture for your avi... No more than 20K though.

I know how to get the pic, but it keeps saying they're too big.

Not sure how to get them smaller  :sad:
PM me the picture and I'll resize it for you and put it up as your avatar. We're a full service outfit over here!

Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

svca:5905 wrote:Question....what's the difference in the Quick Post and the regular posting?

No, it's not your computer. :Smile: It's happening to me too. Not sure why though. :unsure:
leothelion

Post by leothelion »

Thanks to all who have worked so hard to get this up and running.

Return to “Let's Talk!”