Suggestions, Tips and Help

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

PLEASE READ WHEN COMING HOME!!!

Postby madamimadam » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:56 am

Tiki wrote:
madamimadam wrote:Huh? You want to explain that again, Tiki? I don't understand... ::think::

ETA: Vampfever gave us the bigger font... ::thumbsup::

Don't know that I can! ::grin:: When I am on my laptop, what I see when posting, the font letters appear to be in bold, but when replying to a quote, the font print in the quoted box does not appear to be in bold. Confusing, I know.

I am on my desktop now and everything, the replies, posts and quotes etc., appear to be in bold. However, while I am writing this reply in the posting box, the font color is normal black and not in bold.

Perhaps it has something to do with the particular font you have chosen to use. I have no idea, and don't understand it myself. I would give you an example, but the font color changes from light black to a bold black as soon as I post this.

Thank Vampfever for me for the bigger font. ::thumbsup::

This is bold text!
This is NOT bold text!
"It is what it is!"

Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Postby Tiki » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:54 pm

madamimadam wrote:
Tiki wrote:
madamimadam wrote:Huh? You want to explain that again, Tiki? I don't understand... ::think::

ETA: Vampfever gave us the bigger font... ::thumbsup::

Don't know that I can! ::grin:: When I am on my laptop, what I see when posting, the font letters appear to be in bold, but when replying to a quote, the font print in the quoted box does not appear to be in bold. Confusing, I know.

I am on my desktop now and everything, the replies, posts and quotes etc., appear to be in bold. However, while I am writing this reply in the posting box, the font color is normal black and not in bold.

Perhaps it has something to do with the particular font you have chosen to use. I have no idea, and don't understand it myself. I would give you an example, but the font color changes from light black to a bold black as soon as I post this.

Thank Vampfever for me for the bigger font. ::thumbsup::

This is bold text!
This is NOT bold text!

I just checked my phone and saw your post. I could see the difference on my phone, but on my laptop & desktop both look like they are in bold. Only the one not in bold is just a tad lighter but still bold. I am so out of it, that I didn't even notice that everything looked normal on my phone, so I am at a complete loss as to what is going on when I am on the computers. This all happened after the board was back and running and you had us refresh. I thought maybe it was due to a Microsoft update but other sites come is as they should, so I am at a complete loss as to why this is happening when I am on the board and on either computer. So............just ignore me. ::friendsLOL::

madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby madamimadam » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:59 pm

So............just ignore me. ::friendsLOL::

I can do that!!! ::hysterical::

Yes, the difference between bold and 'not bold' is minimal... The price we have to pay for getting a bigger font...
"It is what it is!"

Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Postby Tiki » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:12 pm

madamimadam wrote:
So............just ignore me. ::friendsLOL::

I can do that!!! ::hysterical::

Yes, the difference between bold and 'not bold' is minimal... The price we have to pay for getting a bigger font...

I just checked my display settings and found that Microsoft had changed my text settings and for some reason it only affected the board so I never thought to check the display on my computer. I reset them and all is well again. ::thumbup::

barb4Adam
OMG!!! We have an AWESOME new toy!!!!

Postby barb4Adam » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:01 pm

Paula

Postby Paula » Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:47 pm

How do I get rid of the little up & down arrows in the lower right hand corner? Or can I get rid of them?
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.

madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby madamimadam » Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:44 pm

Paula wrote:How do I get rid of the little up & down arrows in the lower right hand corner? Or can I get rid of them?

They're there to stay. You can't get rid of them, BB.

If enough people tell me they don't like them, I can remove them but that will be for EVERYONE...

Speak up, peeps!

Yay or nay?
"It is what it is!"

Paula

Postby Paula » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:16 pm

madamimadam wrote:
Paula wrote:How do I get rid of the little up & down arrows in the lower right hand corner? Or can I get rid of them?

They're there to stay. You can't get rid of them, BB.

If enough people tell me they don't like them, I can remove them but that will be for EVERYONE...

Speak up, peeps!

Yay or nay?

I vote nay, only because they don't do anything except bring you to the bottom of the board, or to the top of the board. I'd like to access what's in between, so they're kind of useless to me.

Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Postby Tiki » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:04 pm

I really like the arrows and love that we now have a down arrow ::thumbup:: as well as an up so now we can go right to the last post instead of having to scroll all the way down if you want to post something.

We've always had to scroll to see each post, so the only thing that is different is the down arrow. You could always hit the Top icon on the old board if you wanted to go right back to the top of the thread.

Nobody has to use the arrows unless they want to but for those that like them, they are a bonus. ::grin:: ::yes::

barb4Adam

Postby barb4Adam » Thu May 04, 2017 7:48 pm

Luv the down arrow....such a great convenience to speed up and eliminate the incessant
scrolling required to access all of the fun/information that the internet provides.
Especially Adam stuff of course! ::yessss:: ::thumbsup:: ::wub::

Paula

Postby Paula » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:24 am

Should there be threads made for the stuff in the upcoming events without their own threads post, LIKE the Glamour Awards 2017? If someone wanted to go back and find pictures & tweets from that event, they wouldn't be able to, because there's no separate thread for it.

hotouthere

Postby hotouthere » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:18 pm

Paula, I think that making a new thread for every event Adam attends would cause too much clutter. Some of these events are only brief appearances attended by Adam and he is not the main attraction (except for his glamberts!). I think the Events Without Their Own Threads serves its purpose just fine as a catch all for these less significant appearances.

Aviddem

Postby Aviddem » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:44 pm

I can't view many of the pages in the QAL concert threads because of frequent page reloads and eventual page crashes. Is it just me? I'm on an iPad Air 2.

madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby madamimadam » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:45 pm

Aviddem wrote:I can't view many of the pages in the QAL concert threads because of frequent page reloads and eventual page crashes. Is it just me? I'm on an iPad Air 2.

Try deleting all the board cookies (bottom right). But with the way we post tweets now, pages do take longer to load, but it shouldn't be crashing.
"It is what it is!"

Aviddem

Postby Aviddem » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:48 pm

madamimadam wrote:
Aviddem wrote:I can't view many of the pages in the QAL concert threads because of frequent page reloads and eventual page crashes. Is it just me? I'm on an iPad Air 2.

Try deleting all the board cookies (bottom right). But with the way we post tweets now, pages do take longer to load, but it shouldn't be crashing.

Cool, I'll try that and report back if I keep having problems. Thanks! ::flowers::

madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby madamimadam » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:59 pm

Aviddem wrote:
madamimadam wrote:

Cool, I'll try that and report back if I keep having problems. Thanks! ::flowers::

My pleasure! ::hello::
"It is what it is!"

Ohawk

Postby Ohawk » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:20 am

Hello! I really enjoy this site and come every day. It makes me log back in every day though, so can you assist with that? Sorry if already covered here..I’ve PM’d several times but no response and just saw this thread. Thanks for your help and the wonderful board!

Return to “Let's Talk!”