Suggestions, Tips and Help

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

2015-09-16 Ibirapuera Arena - São Paulo, Brazil

Post by vistadiva »

Tiki » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:55 pm wrote:
vistadiva » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:50 pm wrote:
Tiki » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:35 pm wrote:
vistadiva » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:56 pm wrote:You used to be able to right click on an instagram, then click on "inspect element". The source page would come up and you could clearly see the jpg file name. Then you would click on that and choose "open in a new tab". When the photo appeared, you just did a right click/save as to save it.

Now, instagram changed that and you have to go thru a bunch of annoying steps to save a picture.

I've asked BEBEG to explain how she is grabbing these and posting them so people can just do a right click/save as.
Vista.....you can still do that! When you right click on the instagram picture, click on inspect element. At the bottom of the picture a box will open. The link is in the top right hand corner of the box. Highlight and open in new tab. When the picture comes up, just right click and save. Just start the highlight at http. Don't include the url.
That doesn't work for me. Nothing in right hand top of box that relates to a link. I'm on Chrome on a PC.

Vista...........Do you see a screen open at the bottom of the page when you click on inpect element. You should be able to see that if you are on Chrome.
Yes..box says Developer Tools at the top.
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

Testing

ok, that worked....sort of. TY.
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

Tiki » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:02 pm wrote:
vistadiva » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:56 pm wrote:You used to be able to right click on an instagram, then click on "inspect element". The source page would come up and you could clearly see the jpg file name. Then you would click on that and choose "open in a new tab". When the photo appeared, you just did a right click/save as to save it.

Now, instagram changed that and you have to go thru a bunch of annoying steps to save a picture.

I've asked BEBEG to explain how she is grabbing these and posting them so people can just do a right click/save as.
Vista.....you can still do that! When you right click on the instagram picture, click on inspect element. At the bottom of the picture a box will open. The link is in the top right hand corner of the box. Highlight and open in new tab. When the picture comes up, just right click and save. Just start the highlight at http. Don't include the url.
That doesn't work for me. Nothing in right hand top of box that relates to a link. I'm on Chrome on a PC.
Vista.....When you click on inspect element do you see anything open at the bottom of your computer screen. It's a white box with stuff and goes right across the page.
I am on Chrome and a PC, so you should see it too.
No, it's just a big box that opens right on top of the picture. The banner on the top says Developer Tools.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

vistadiva » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:04 pm wrote:

Vista.....When you click on inspect element do you see anything open at the bottom of your computer screen. It's a white box with stuff and goes right across the page.
No, it's just a big box that opens right on top of the picture. The bannner oon the top says Developer Tools.
That's strange that you don't see what I am seeing. Are you trying to save from the forum or somewhere else.
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

Tiki » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:07 pm wrote:
vistadiva » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:04 pm wrote:

No, it's just a big box that opens right on top of the picture. The bannner oon the top says Developer Tools.
That's strange that you don't see what I am seeing. Are you trying to save from the forum or somewhere else.
I've tried it both ways...from an instagram pic on the forum, and from an pic on someone's instagram. The box I get is the same one I used to get when you could see the jpg file right in it. Now everything says either "private" (which it can't be because someone posted it here)..or just has no link.
Can you screen shot what I should be seeing?
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

vistadiva » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:58 am wrote:Testing

::icecream::
you have more yumminess ::grin::
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

Hrithika » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:12 pm wrote:
vistadiva » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:58 am wrote:Testing

::icecream::
you have more yumminess ::grin::
I have lots more...but after being a heavy poster on the old board, I find it much more complicated here so I don't post nearly as much anymore.
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

TIKI....I think I found it. It says "background image". DUH!!! ::yessss::

NOW...how do we get ones that are marked private with no link? Or we can't???
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

Okay...I'll use this ig pic as an example....and try to make sense

Here's the link to the picture...

After you open the picture, click on 'Tools' then 'Page Info'. A separate 'page info' box will open.
Click on 'Media', scroll down to where you see 'image' under type. The picture you are looking for is usually the second image.
Highlight that particular line and copy it.
Open another window and paste it there.
Right click on the picture and choose 'copy image location'.
Come back here and click on the insert image and paste it.

Hope that makes sense.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

vistadiva » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:20 pm wrote:TIKI....I think I found it. It says "background image". DUH!!! ::yessss::

That's it! You got it! ::thumbsup::
Can you give me a link to a private one so I can see what it is. Believe it or not, this is new to me too. I just read what you and Hrithika posted and went from there. ::haha::
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

Tiki » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:29 pm wrote:
vistadiva » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:20 pm wrote:TIKI....I think I found it. It says "background image". DUH!!! ::yessss::

Can you give me a link to a private one so I can see what it is. Believe it or not, this is new to me too. I just read what you and Hrithika posted and went from there. ::haha::
::haha:: As I was posting the steps I use you guys were posting something completely different. And I have no idea what you're talking about. All that matters, though, is if we can post pics here that others are able to save.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

bebeg » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:39 pm wrote:

::haha:: As I was posting the steps I use you guys were posting something completely different. And I have no idea what you're talking about. All that matters, though, is if we can post pics here that others are able to save.

I tried your way, because it is the actual picture, not in the instagram frame, but I couldn't find where to click on Tools. ::haha::
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

Try this one:
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

vistadiva » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:47 pm wrote:

Try this one:
Still works for me, but I always used "View Page Source", scroll down a bit and there's the jpg link.... Select the link, copy, come back here, click on the Image
"It is what it is!"
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

bebeg » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:27 pm wrote:Okay...I'll use this ig pic as an example....and try to make sense

Here's the link to the picture...

After you open the picture, click on 'Tools' then 'Page Info'. A separate 'page info' box will open.
Click on 'Media', scroll down to where you see 'image' under type. The picture you are looking for is usually the second image.
Highlight that particular line and copy it.
Open another window and paste it there.
Right click on the picture and choose 'copy image location'.
Come back here and click on the insert image and paste it.

Hope that makes sense.
I knew about that way...and there are 1 or 2 others....all with a lot of steps. I was looking for the shortcut that didn't require all the copy/paste stuff....like it used to be .....so easy!!

TIKI....thanks on the private. I don't know how I missed that ::wacko::
But I miss the easy way it used to work...all this copy/paste stuff is so time consuming. ::livid:: ::livid::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

or use what Hrithika is using the "Youtube" tag, no need to find the instagram section... Just paste the link and it's here.

"It is what it is!"
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

Tiki » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:46 pm wrote:
bebeg » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:39 pm wrote:

I tried your way, because it is the actual picture, not in the instagram frame, but I couldn't find where to click on Tools. ::haha::
It's on your menu bar
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

madamimadam » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:52 pm wrote:or use what Hrithika is using the "Youtube" tag, no need to find the instagram section... Just paste the link and it's here.

The problem with this way is you can't right click save.
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

madamimadam » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:52 pm wrote:or use what Hrithika is using the "Youtube" tag, no need to find the instagram section... Just paste the link and it's here.

I think you're missing what we are trying to solve....it still shows up on the board as an instagram and the less tech peeps can't just right click & save...or am I wrong?
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

bebeg » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:56 pm wrote:

The problem with this way is you can't right click save.
OK, so use the old method but "View Page Source" instead of "Inspect Element"...
Still works for me, but I always used "View Page Source", scroll down a bit and there's the jpg link.... Select the link, copy, come back here, click on the [img] tag, paste and you're done.
"It is what it is!"

Return to “Let's Talk!”