Competition TV Shows - AI, The Voice, XFactor, etc.

Paula

Post by Paula »

I know that I'm probably in the minority here, but I LOVE Clark, and I hope that he wins it all. He's got the voice, the looks, and he has an idea as to what he wants to be as an artist. Not to say that the others don't, but Clark is my favorite.

Nick's okay, but I don't like Jax. At all. Sorry to you Jax lovers out there.
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

That's alright Paula, everyone has their favorites. [0146.gif]

Of the three left standing, and as much as I love Jax and would love to see her win, Nick may just surprise everyone. I like him too, so I am hoping that it is Jax and Nick in the finals. [happy.gif]

Scott Borchetta seems to really like Jax, so even if there is a chance that she loses, I think she will be signed anyway. JMO. [smile.gif]
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

Tiki wrote:That's alright Paula, everyone has their favorites. [0146.gif]

Of the three left standing, and as much as I love Jax and would love to see her win, Nick may just surprise everyone. I like him too, so I am hoping that it is Jax and Nick in the finals. [happy.gif]

Scott Borchetta seems to really like Jax, so even if there is a chance that she loses, I think she will be signed anyway. JMO. [smile.gif]
I think all 3 of them will be signed...but who can go the distance in the long run? (a little Eagles lyric for ya [happy.gif] )
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

Tiki wrote:That's alright Paula, everyone has their favorites. [0146.gif]

I'm with you. Hoping for a Jax/Nick final. Although Clark is talented. It could be any one of them.

It's a shame the interest in the show is declining because this season has been one of the most talented in years.
crocked

Post by crocked »

Paula wrote:I know that I'm probably in the minority here, but I LOVE Clark, and I hope that he wins it all. He's got the voice, the looks, and he has an idea as to what he wants to be as an artist. Not to say that the others don't, but Clark is my favorite.

Nick's okay, but I don't like Jax. At all. Sorry to you Jax lovers out there.
I prefer Clark too over the two others.
MicheleDE

Post by MicheleDE »

Slezak's review: http://tvline.com/2015/05/06/american-i ... ark-top-3/

I mostly agree with Slezak most of the time. I love watching the videos of him and Melinda talking about the shows.

I don't like Rayvon at all. He was so boooorrring IMO.

I used to like Clark more, I think he's cute, pretty eyes, got a good voice, but to me, he does not emote. I got nothing from him.... there was probably one week where I felt something when he performed, weeks ago... but that's it.

Nick has been stepping it up in recent weeks. He did a great job on "Bright Lights" (which is by my longtime favorite band Matchbox Twenty, and I still thought it was good). The only trouble is that he doesn't put a big enough unique spin on them, he just does good covers. He should try to change it up once in awhile, bring something new to the table. I'm happy for him that Rob offered him to come on stage at one of his shows (or more). Rob's a sweet guy - he had P2 open for him on tour, plus he'd encouraged Chris Daughtry when he was on the show, and afterwards... and they wrote a song together later as well. I just prefer unique artists nowadays.

Unique would be JAX. [0010.gif] I love that she's socially awkward and knows it. lol She's been my favorite from the beginning, and that hasn't wavered. She told me on a comment on youtube that she did "My Immortal" in honor of a friend of hers from home that passed away. I thought it was a very beautiful, touching performance and it made me tear up. One of her best performances, for sure.

Jax says she still can't think of her fans as "fans"... I think she calls them friends or fam sometimes ... she is very grateful for being where she is, for her fans, and for the opportunity. She always tries something different, which is gutsy, and that's why I like her (well, in addition to her being really good at it, of course!).

I kinda hope it's Nick and Jax in the finale, only because I feel that Clark has a bad attitude. I agree with what Slezak and Melinda said about that.

Either way, as long as Jax is in the finale. My favorite rarely wins, in all the years I've been watching. Yet it hasn't mattered for most of them, they're really the clear winners in real life.
High Drama
MicheleDE

Post by MicheleDE »

How adorable is Jax? VERY.

ok idk how to embed youtube videos here [0062.gif]

[youtube][/youtube]
High Drama
infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

MicheleDE wrote:How adorable is Jax? VERY.

ok idk how to embed youtube videos here [0062.gif]
[youtube][/youtube]

[hello.gif]
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Lori_01 · 12h 12 hours ago
Adam's 2nd audition video is the 7th most popular video on American Idol's YouTube channel!

"It is what it is!"
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

Michele...here's how to post a youtube vid:

Copy full URL (from address bar on your browser)

Delete everything from the right up to and including the & :

Highlight the resulting link and click the youtube box on top...VOILA:

[youtube][/youtube]
MicheleDE

Post by MicheleDE »

MicheleDE » Sat May 09, 2015 3:32 pm

Ok TY, trying...

[youtube][/youtube]

yay! [clap.gif] ty!
High Drama
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

American Idol to End Next Season
By Michael Ausiello / May 11 2015, 5:00 AM PDT

Ladies and gentlemen, 2016 will go down as the year the pitchy music died on Fox — the network announced Monday that American Idol‘s upcoming 15th season will be its last.

Idol‘s farewell season — featuring returning judges Jennifer Lopez, Keith Urban and Harry Connick Jr. — will debut in January 2016 and “pay tribute to the past 14 seasons” of the reality juggernaut.

http://tvline.com/2015/05/11/american-i ... nding-fox/
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

Love2Lurk wrote:American Idol to End Next Season

Ladies and gentlemen, 2016 will go down as the year the pitchy music died on Fox — the network announced Monday that American Idol‘s upcoming 15th season will be its last.

Idol‘s farewell season — featuring returning judges Jennifer Lopez, Keith Urban and Harry Connick Jr. — will debut in January 2016 and “pay tribute to the past 14 seasons” of the reality juggernaut.

That's exactly what I expected. I figured they'd do another season to give it a 15 season run.

From JustJared http://www.justjared.com/2015/05/11/ame ... 5-in-2016/

Fox promises the final edition will be “a season-long celebratory event (that will) pay tribute to the past 14 seasons of amazingly talented contestants and the millions of fans who tweeted, texted and championed their Idols.”

It will be interesting to see how they play out the final season. Although it isn't unexpected it's kind of sad to see something that brought so much pleasure and fun to so many come to an end. Not to mention the careers it brought to so so many and the lives that were changed forever. And by the lives that were changed I don't just mean the contestants but all of us - I can't imagine what the last six years would have been like for me if Adam and his music hadn't been a part of them. All because of a choice he made to audition for a tv talent show!
Paula

Post by Paula »

bebeg wrote:

That's exactly what I expected. I figured they'd do another season to give it a 15 season run.

Fox promises the final edition will be “a season-long celebratory event (that will) pay tribute to the past 14 seasons of amazingly talented contestants and the millions of fans who tweeted, texted and championed their Idols.”

It will be interesting to see how they play out the final season. Although it isn't unexpected it's kind of sad to see something that brought so much pleasure and fun to so many come to an end. Not to mention the careers it brought to so so many and the lives that were changed forever. And by the lives that were changed I don't just mean the contestants but all of us - I can't imagine what the last six years would have been like for me if Adam and his music hadn't been a part of them. All because of a choice he made to audition for a tv talent show!
I agree. And the friends that I've made because of Idol, and Adam. [grouphug.gif]
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

Paula wrote:
bebeg wrote:

I agree. And the friends that I've made because of Idol, and Adam. [grouphug.gif]
Yes....totally agree with you both.....

Really Adam is the only Idol I have followed....

My daily life would be very different if it were not for the desire to check in here & twitter.....to follow Adam [Love.png] [Love.png] [grouphug.gif]

It will really be fun to see how Fox offers the final season.....

Thinking there will be many Adam....plus other Idols' ....throwback vids [Love.png]

and....hoping for many appearances too !!! [Love.png] [thumb.gif]

Will be bittersweet to watch [grouphug.gif] [Love.png]
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

shirleyhalperin ‏@shirleyhalperin 17m17 minutes ago

What does @AdamLambert think of today's @AmericanIdol cancelation news? We talked to him! >> http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... am-lambert

What does one of the show's favorite sons, season eight's Adam Lambert, make of the news?

"They had a great run," Lambert tells Billboard. "And thank you, Idol, because I wouldn’t be here without you."
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

Is there still hope that Adam will be on this year ???? [0062.gif]

also.....Is it just me going crazy [confused.gif]

....or....did this board just ...REALLY.....change a lot in the few hours ??? [think.gif]
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Love2Lurk wrote:Is there still hope that Adam will be on this year ???? [0062.gif]

....or....did this board just ...REALLY.....change a lot in the few hours ??? [think.gif]
I'm trying something new, BB.

Let me know in the Suggestion thread how you feel about it.
"It is what it is!"
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Love2Lurk wrote:Is there still hope that Adam will be on this year ???? [0062.gif]

[foxes_251.gif] No,,,,you are not going crazy. Marie is working on changing things up. I will in the middle of posting when it changed and was freaked out at first. Thought I was going crazy. [0144.gif]

Anyway, I will be sad to see Idol go. I always enjoyed it, good or bad, and it gave kids a chance and most importantly it brought us Adam. [Love.png] There are going to be a lot of crushed hopes now for many out there who had dreams. Guess they will just have to use YouTube, because other than the Voice there is nothing else out there for them. [sad.gif]
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

Thanks guys [0146.gif] Marie it looks great [0072.gif]

Yes.....it is to bad about Idol.....so many kids that try out every year..... [0134.gif]

That is what I did like about Idol....the open try outs.....no need for an invitation....

Gave many....like Adam....a chance they would have never had [Love.png]

There is really nothing else like American Idol....at the moment :(

It is really kind of sad [0134.gif]
Moved from Let's Talk! to The Lesser Used Threads on Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:38 am by madamimadam

Return to “The Lesser Used Threads”