Competition TV Shows - AI, The Voice, XFactor, etc.

Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

The Voice ✔‎@NBCTheVoice
The winning moment... #VoiceFinale
05:34 - 25 maj 2016

hotouthere

Post by hotouthere »

::clap:: ::clapbig:: ::wootdance:: ::woohoo::

I'm so happy for Alisan and totally cracked up when she let out that yell right after Christina hugged her. I bought most of her songs and I think they sound amazing on iTunes. I personally really enjoy the high quality of the iTunes recordings. They are much better sounding than my TV or YouTube videos. They really highlight the pitch perfect, high quality of her voice across her entire vocal range.

Considering that this show is called The Voice, I feel that she clearly was superior to the others. I liked Hanna but there were some deficiencies in her vocals occasionally. Then the guys were great musicians with nice voices but not in the same league as Alisan in the vocal department.
infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

Hrithika » Wed May 25, 2016 7:03 am wrote:The Voice ✔‎@NBCTheVoice
The winning moment... #VoiceFinale
05:34 - 25 maj 2016

::clapbig:: ::clapbig:: ::clapbig:: ::wootdance:: ::woohoo:: ::woohoo:: ::woohoo::
I bought Alisan's album "Who We Are" last year and got a signed one. Now I can say that I have an autograph from the winner of The Voice. ::yes:: ::grin::
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

1.PNG
barb4Adam

Post by barb4Adam »

Lyndsay asks about Adam at 8:10.
[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UBkqQs ... e=youtu.be[/bbvideo]
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

TALCvids ‏@TALCvids 1h1 hour ago
adamlambert IG: Gorgeous!!!
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Last night was like sitting on the edge of my seat, on pins and needles ad it was for Adam on Idol. Needless to say, I was totally shocked but estactic for Alisan to win. I swear the whole building heard me hoot. ::haha::

Of all the match ups last night with the celebrities that were brought in to sing with the contestants I thought Jennifer Nettles & Alisan were a perfect match and it was beautiful. JMO. Having said that I did like Laith & Joe Walsh as well. The other 2 didn't seem to get great pairing, but then again that is JMO.

Alisan so deserved that award and I guess country thought so too in the end. ::laughing:: However, I am sure Adam Wakefield will get a record contract with or without Blake's help and I think Laith will either get signed under an R&B label or hired as a guitarist with a Blues band. His guitar playing is stellar. Hannah, I am not sure at all. But these are only my thoughts on the top 4.

I just hope now that everyone supports Alisan when her first album comes out and makes her the lst Voice contestant to really go somewhere.

I am just wondering if Alisan is maybe heading towards country pop, since she was paired with Jennifer Nettles. Personally I think she would be great in that folk/country genre but I will support her in whatever she does. ::grin:: ::yessss::

Anyway, that is my 2 cents for what it is worth. ::haha::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

lyndseyparker 10h10 hours ago
.@alisanporter talking a bit about @adamlambert tonight at @nbcthevoice

milestougeaux 4h4 hours ago
.@alisanporter Never any doubt. Great job. Brava! Now get in the studio! #DownaNewRoad

lilybop2010 2h2 hours ago
Alisan talks more about Adam at #TheVoice press conference, answers Lyndsey Parker's question at 8:10

[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UBkqQshFVg[/bbvideo]

"It is what it is!"
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

DianaK Retweeted
Scarlett Cherry ‏@scarlettcherry 48m48 minutes ago
that moment when u witness someone u love getting their dream. I couldn't love you more, @alisanporter ❤️ #THEVOICE
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

PattiHum 11m11 minutes ago
In our local newspaper @alisanporter

ImageImageImageImage
"It is what it is!"
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

billboard ‏@billboard 13m13 minutes ago
"American Idol" producer files $6 million lawsuit against season 11 winner Phillip Phillips http://blbrd.cm/tmQ7ac
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

mmadamimadamm Retweeted
Lilybop ‏@lilybop2010 3h3 hours ago Massachusetts, USA
'The Voice’ Winner Alisan Porter Hints Album’s Genre, Possible Collaboration w/ Adam Lambert
http://www.hofmag.com/voice-winner-alis ... ert/157778
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

This is so so sad and very very scary....

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/v ... ce=twitter

'The Voice' Alum Christina Grimmie Dies After Concert Shooting

A man fatally shot the singer and then himself after her performance Friday.

Christina Grimmie, a contestant on The Voice season six, was fatally shot at a concert Friday night. She was 22.

Orlando Police Chief John Mina said Saturday during a press conference that the suspect who shot and killed the singer apparently traveled from another city in Florida to Orlando to confront her. Mina said the suspect didn't appear to know Christina Grimmie personally and may have been a deranged fan, although the motive was still unknown.
svca

Post by svca »

Yikes, how sad for her family ::crying::

It always makes me scared for Adam, especially when he's in the middle of the audience, interacting with the fans, like on the Queen tour. But then again, I guess if somebody wanted to, it could happen anytime or anywhere.

Too many nutcases running around, IMO.
Paula

Post by Paula »

bebeg » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:59 am wrote:This is so so sad and very very scary....

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/v ... ce=twitter

'The Voice' Alum Christina Grimmie Dies After Concert Shooting

A man fatally shot the singer and then himself after her performance Friday.

Christina Grimmie, a contestant on The Voice season six, was fatally shot at a concert Friday night. She was 22.

Orlando Police Chief John Mina said Saturday during a press conference that the suspect who shot and killed the singer apparently traveled from another city in Florida to Orlando to confront her. Mina said the suspect didn't appear to know Christina Grimmie personally and may have been a deranged fan, although the motive was still unknown.
And this kind of stuff is why I get so fearful for Adam. He always makes himself so accessible to people, and while that's one of his most endearing qualities, it's one that could get him hurt, or worse, if the wrong people come into contact with him. It scares the shit out of me.
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
Sabine

Post by Sabine »

This is so sad and horrible for the family and friends of Christina.

And it is understandable that people are worried about Adam but to avoid any dangerous situation he basically would not be able to leave the house/hotel at all. No interacting with fans - at concert, airport, hotel or street, no sightseeing in different cities/countries, no shopping, no restaurants, no bars or clubs. If someone really wants to hurt you, he/she will.
Paula

Post by Paula »

Sabine » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:23 pm wrote:This is so sad and horrible for the family and friends of Christina.

And it is understandable that people are worried about Adam but to avoid any dangerous situation he basically would not be able to leave the house/hotel at all. No interacting with fans - at concert, airport, hotel or street, no sightseeing in different cities/countries, no shopping, no restaurants, no bars or clubs. If someone really wants to hurt you, he/she will.
You're right. I just wish he'd take security with him when he goes out. I know that's probably not possible every time he goes out, but it would reduce the risk if he did.
Carmi

Post by Carmi »

What an awful tragedy. What a world we are living in. Children are shot in schools, people are shot in houses of worship and shopping malls.Airports are being targeted. Now it seems that entertainers are targets too. Not just in the US. This is happening globally. Remember Paris? Amsterdam airport moments after Adam and crew landed there it was shut down? What is the answer? I wish I knew. This HAS to be causing anxiety for all entertainers. Just today, Zayn, from 1D has canceled his show because of anxiety.

Adam no doubt is being affected too. But I don't believe that he will stay put in a hotel room, or stop shopping. He is very brave and imo won't kowtow to these occurrences. Having said that...I think he is not stupid. When he performed in Dubai, he was getting pelted with bottles and debris while he was on the catwalk. He beat a speedy retreat back to the band area, did very quick band intros and got off the stage quickly. If he or his people sense a real danger, I think they will make appropriate decisions for him regarding his safety. Queen had bodyguards for him in South America and a few others countries too.

I am going to have faith and hope he is always safe and protected..
Paula

Post by Paula »

Carmi » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:23 pm wrote:What an awful tragedy. What a world we are living in. Children are shot in schools, people are shot in houses of worship and shopping malls.Airports are being targeted. Now it seems that entertainers are targets too. Not just in the US. This is happening globally. Remember Paris? Amsterdam airport moments after Adam and crew landed there it was shut down? What is the answer? I wish I knew. This HAS to be causing anxiety for all entertainers. Just today, Zayn, from 1D has canceled his show because of anxiety.

Adam no doubt is being affected too. But I don't believe that he will stay put in a hotel room, or stop shopping. He is very brave and imo won't kowtow to these occurrences. Having said that...I think he is not stupid. When he performed in Dubai, he was getting pelted with bottles and debris while he was on the catwalk. He beat a speedy retreat back to the band area, did very quick band intros and got off the stage quickly. If he or his people sense a real danger, I think they will make appropriate decisions for him regarding his safety. Queen had bodyguards for him in South America and a few others countries too.

I am going to have faith and hope he is always safe and protected..
I REALLY hope so. I don't ever want to see anything like what happened to Christina, happen to him.
Carmi

Post by Carmi »

Me too Paula, me too. ::crying:: ::huggy::
Moved from Let's Talk! to The Lesser Used Threads on Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:38 am by madamimadam

Return to “The Lesser Used Threads”