Competition TV Shows - AI, The Voice, XFactor, etc.

Lizziek

Post by Lizziek »

hotouthere » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:24 pm wrote:Is anybody watching The Voice?

Tonight Billy Gilman sang "The Show Must Go On". Billy has a great voice however still not the performance, style and richness in vocal quality that Adam has singing that song. Adam puts so much heart and soul into it for every performance without any motivation other than his own pride and desire to wow the audience!

Considering that Billy is in a competition, he fell a bit short in my opinion. He basically just made me want to listen to Adam! ::wub::
I agree. He was good, but after hearing Adam perform this song so brilliantly and with so much emotion, Billy 's was missing something. I still think he's a good singer.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Totally agree. Although it was good, it was lacking. But then again, we are comparing him to Adam, which is a little bit unfair, but it is so hard not to do that. ::grin::
svca

Post by svca »

I have to admit I don't watch all these singing competition shows, but I did watch XF AU religiously because Adam was judge/mentor.

Isaiah is the first singer pretty much since Adam that I'm incredibly excited about. I've already ordered his single and plan on ordering his album when it comes out. I just love his voice and his personality. I don't know if I'll follow him like I do Adam, but I'm really excited about his music.

Everybody else, yes, they make me want to just listen to Adam, especially when it's a song he's done before. There is just something so much "more" to Adam's singing, it's hard to explain.
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

Adam has innate talent most don't. I think part of the reason Adam does songs people do better. Is of course he has an amazing technique. But it is like when you listin to a song that is just earworm. Or when you listin to a song, and your earphones are not plugged in perfectly. And it is distorted. Then you plug them properly, and it is like an experience. To me that is Adam. Others are just singing the song, with Adam you experience something truely special. Isaiah is like that too.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

"It is what it is!"
svca

Post by svca »

Does anybody know when Eurovision starts? I'm hoping to catch some Youtubes of Isaiah's performance(s).

I'm happy he gets to participate, but I have to say I'm not too impressed with his 2 singles so far....very meh for me.

It'll be interesting to see what his 2nd album will be like, if he gets to do another one. His voice is so much better than some vanilla blah pop songs.

As for Idol, do we really need it back? I just remember everybody posting that it's time for Idol to go away....and I thought the singing competitions were slowly dying off. I don't really care, since I don't watch TV anyway, but if they lost viewership by the millions the first time around, seems like a risky business to resurrect the show so quickly.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

svca wrote:Does anybody know when Eurovision starts? I'm hoping to catch some Youtubes of Isaiah's performance(s).

I'm happy he gets to participate, but I have to say I'm not too impressed with his 2 singles so far....very meh for me.

It'll be interesting to see what his 2nd album will be like, if he gets to do another one. His voice is so much better than some vanilla blah pop songs.

As for Idol, do we really need it back? I just remember everybody posting that it's time for Idol to go away....and I thought the singing competitions were slowly dying off. I don't really care, since I don't watch TV anyway, but if they lost viewership by the millions the first time around, seems like a risky business to resurrect the show so quickly.

Here you go! ::smile::

Eurovision Song Contest 2017 will begin on
Tuesday, May 9
and ends on
Saturday, May 13
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

svca

Post by svca »

Thank you, Tiki....Eurovision is only for 4 days ?? Wow, that's a short run.

I wonder if they have all kinds of elimination rounds, or whatever, and the 4 days is only the finalists....I don't remember how that worked when Conchita was on...only saw the Youtubes of her singing.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

svca wrote:Thank you, Tiki....Eurovision is only for 4 days ?? Wow, that's a short run.

I wonder if they have all kinds of elimination rounds, or whatever, and the 4 days is only the finalists....I don't remember how that worked when Conchita was on...only saw the Youtubes of her singing.

It looks like there are 2 semi finals and then the finals . The semi finalists have already been chosen so that may be why the shorter time-line.

In January the Semi-Final Allocation Draw took place, determining the countries that will participate in each of the two Semi-Finals of the 2017 Eurovision Song Contest
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

"It is what it is!"
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Paragraph from editorial:

One rumour that is doing the rounds though is that standout American Idol winner, Kelly Clarkson could be joining the panel. To be fair, this would be an AMAZING move. Kelly Clarkson, Adam Lambert, Jennifer Hudson… let’s make a panel of them.

https://www.unrealitytv.co.uk/american- ... -clarkson/
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

"It is what it is!"
Moved from Let's Talk! to The Lesser Used Threads on Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:38 am by madamimadam

Return to “The Lesser Used Threads”