Competition TV Shows - AI, The Voice, XFactor, etc.

crocked

Post by crocked »

I recommend 2 songs from Q
Royals:  illustrate how sensitive he is
 I put a spell on you... A grammy performance according to one of the judges.

what he lacks is technical training.... and he is that poor to afford it... and in his interviews, he always reiterate his gratitude to AI for that opportunity.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

PattiHum  ·  8h 8 hours ago
Oh wow! Idol Finale is not at Nokia this year! Dolby Theatre Is 1/2 the size! 😞
"It is what it is!"
Paula

Post by Paula »

Yeah, it's telling that they've changed the place of the finale to somewhere smaller, and also reduced the tour from top 10 to top 5.
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

Ya know a WGWG is gonna win this, but I'd love to see it be Jax or Rayvon.
sandyrk

Post by sandyrk »

I will miss Quentin.  I looked forward to his outfits each week.  Too bad his singing was so inconsistent.  I wish he was going on the tour.  Oh well...
misswood

Post by misswood »

That guy with the horrific haircut will probably win.
adamazing

Post by adamazing »

misswood:11995 wrote:That guy with the horrific haircut will probably win.
LOL - and so happy that you are posting here.  Your posts always make me smile.   [hug.gif]
[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a101/rlitzau/signature2.jpg[/img]
Paula

Post by Paula »

I hope that Clark wins. Or Rayvon.
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

I'm Team Jax!

[yes.gif]
"It is what it is!"
misswood

Post by misswood »

adamazing:11997 wrote:
misswood:11995 wrote:That guy with the horrific haircut will probably win.
LOL - and so happy that you are posting here.  Your posts always make me smile.   [hug.gif]
I hate those ugly backward comb over cuts! :angry: It makes me mad when I see these young guys runnin' around looking like old baldheaded men with toupees.
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

It will be interesting to see how well the tour sells.  IMO three of the most unique, interesting people won't be there - Quentin, Quassim and Joey.   Not that I have any plans to go.  Only went to one season's tour -- any guesses which one?  :laugh:

The five that are left are talented.  I think Jax is the only one, though, who keeps you guessing as to what she's going to do.  Clark is really good and knows what he's doing and who he is.  Although I thought last night was his worst night.

Really really disappointed to see Quentin go.  But it wasn't surprising.  The judges, especially Harry, haven't been supportive.  And last night they all but drove the bus on stage.  Having Rayvon sing last, coming back from a commercial with a re-play of Rayvon's performance (what?)

While I think this has been one of the most talented seasons in a very very long time, it is also the season I became a non-fan of Harry Connick Jr.  Last night was like the 'Harry Comedy Hour' to the extreme.  His over the top behavior and pretentious attitude toward some of the contestants and the audience has been ridiculous.

Funny, though...even with some of the negative, it's been the first season since season 8 that I actually look forward to the show each week.  Still don't care who wins (never have) but the talent keeps me watching.
adamazing

Post by adamazing »

madamimadam:11999 wrote:I'm Team Jax!

[yes.gif]
Me too - hoping for Jax and Adam performance in the finale.   [thumbsup.gif]
[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a101/rlitzau/signature2.jpg[/img]
crocked

Post by crocked »

I rooted for Quentin and Joey.  I like Qaasim because with the right song, he will wake everybody up.  He would be very good with the concert.

So I am very sad that they were eliminated quite early.  I think Quentin has a bright future... as he is an artist all the way.  Too bad AI really ditched him in a very bad way... as if he is a hoodlum, a very bad singer, etc.  There is really a manipulation there by AI.
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

crocked:12220 wrote:I rooted for Quentin and Joey.  I like Qaasim because with the right song, he will wake everybody up.  He would be very good with the concert.

So I am very sad that they were eliminated quite early.  I think Quentin has a bright future... as he is an artist all the way.  Too bad AI really ditched him in a very bad way... as if he is a hoodlum, a very bad singer, etc.  There is really a manipulation there by AI.
Agree that Quentin is an artist...but truly, his voice did not begin to touch that of Rayvon.  Quentin needs the right person to mentor him...hopefully someone in the Idol family liked him enough to get him a record deal...then we will see.
crocked

Post by crocked »

vistadiva:12228 wrote:
crocked:12220 wrote:I rooted for Quentin and Joey.  I like Qaasim because with the right song, he will wake everybody up.  He would be very good with the concert.

Agree that Quentin is an artist...but truly, his voice did not begin to touch that of Rayvon.  Quentin needs the right person to mentor him...hopefully someone in the Idol family liked him enough to get him a record deal...then we will see.
Still, I prefer Q voice.  And I was surprised that so many agree with me.  Here is a rating on different performers, and you will see Rayvon is rated much lower than Q.  It is based on different websites, blogs, etc.
http://whatnottosing.com/seasons.asp?id=14#.VTmKayGqqkq

The website is a wealth of info on all contestants and on all Ai episodes.  Sarina was rated very high but still she got the boot.  One of the highest rated is Jax, one of her songs was even rated higher than any of Clark.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Nice kid!!!!   [hug.gif]

lyndseyparker  2h2 hours ago
Great chat w/@QAlexanderXIV about having no regrets & his "@clayaiken moment," + see drawing he made for @YahooMusic! http://yhoo.it/1Di181V
"It is what it is!"
MicheleDE

Post by MicheleDE »

madamimadam:11999 wrote:I'm Team Jax!

[yes.gif]

All the way!!!!   [clap.gif] [thumbsup.gif]    LOVE JAX!!! X

Agree with bebeg too.

I am really sad at how they blatantly threw Quentin under the bus. Made me want him to make it through anyway, just because of how ignorant they were to him. I think he's so cute, too. I think it didn't matter who voted for him on the twitter save (my feed was 98% Quentin), they had to have cheated there, too.

I think Rayvon is boring, and he sounded AWFUL on his 2nd song.
I also don't like Nick very much.  Clark is good, and he's cute, but he's also kind of boring and doesn't connect with the audience most of the time. He'll probably win, though.

Rayvon's gotta go home next week, for sure.
Then Tyanna.
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

So, now that we're down to 4 on AI, I'm interested.

3 of the final four auditioned in front of Adam in NY. (Jax, Rayvon and Nick). So as each is eliminated and their "packages" shown we may get a glimpse of Judge Adam. [thumbs.gif].

IMO, Clark should be next to go. I'd like to see a Jax/Rayvon finale. And the Jax/Steven duet is gonna be crazy [yes.gif] ...even though is erased any chance of Adam being there.
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

vistadiva wrote:So, now that we're down to 4 on AI, I'm interested.

3 of the final four auditioned in front of Adam in NY. (Jax, Rayvon and Nick). So as each is eliminated and their "packages" shown we may get a glimpse of Judge Adam. [thumbs.gif].

IMO, Clark should be next to go. I'd like to see a Jax/Rayvon finale. And the Jax/Steven duet is gonna be crazy [yes.gif] ...even though is erased any chance of Adam being there.
Rayvon didn't audition in New York. Jax and Nick did.

I really thought it was Clark's to lose up until the last two weeks. But, the last two weeks have not been good for him. And I'm not sure how his attitude of 'doing what he wants' will go over with those that are voting. I kind of like that he wants to do what he wants but it may not go over well with some. It also seems that Scott Borchetta isn't really happy with him

I think Nick, on the other hand, has been getting better.

It would be funny if, after being in the bottom two week after week after week, Rayvon would win.

Jax is the only one left who surprises each week with her choices. And they are usually pretty great choices.

I'm thinking Jax will definitely be in the final. Not sure which of the guys will be with her. And, yes, her duet with Steven should be fun!!
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

bebeg wrote:
vistadiva wrote:So, now that we're down to 4 on AI, I'm interested.

Rayvon didn't audition in New York. Jax and Nick did.

I really thought it was Clark's to lose up until the last two weeks. But, the last two weeks have not been good for him. And I'm not sure how his attitude of 'doing what he wants' will go over with those that are voting. I kind of like that he wants to do what he wants but it may not go over well with some. It also seems that Scott Borchetta isn't really happy with him

I think Nick, on the other hand, has been getting better.

It would be funny if, after being in the bottom two week after week after week, Rayvon would win.

Jax is the only one left who surprises each week with her choices. And they are usually pretty great choices.

I'm thinking Jax will definitely be in the final. Not sure which of the guys will be with her. And, yes, her duet with Steven should be fun!!
My bad...I thought Rayvon audition was NY.
Moved from Let's Talk! to The Lesser Used Threads on Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:38 am by madamimadam

Return to “The Lesser Used Threads”