Competition TV Shows - AI, The Voice, XFactor, etc.

vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

So, now that we're down to 4 on AI, I'm interested.

3 of the final four auditioned in front of Adam in NY. (Jax, Rayvon and Nick). So as each is eliminated and their "packages" shown we may get a glimpse of Judge Adam. [thumbs.gif].

IMO, Clark should be next to go. I'd like to see a Jax/Rayvon finale. And the Jax/Steven duet is gonna be crazy [yes.gif] ...even though is erased any chance of Adam being there.
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

vistadiva wrote:So, now that we're down to 4 on AI, I'm interested.

3 of the final four auditioned in front of Adam in NY. (Jax, Rayvon and Nick). So as each is eliminated and their "packages" shown we may get a glimpse of Judge Adam. [thumbs.gif].

IMO, Clark should be next to go. I'd like to see a Jax/Rayvon finale. And the Jax/Steven duet is gonna be crazy [yes.gif] ...even though is erased any chance of Adam being there.
Rayvon didn't audition in New York. Jax and Nick did.

I really thought it was Clark's to lose up until the last two weeks. But, the last two weeks have not been good for him. And I'm not sure how his attitude of 'doing what he wants' will go over with those that are voting. I kind of like that he wants to do what he wants but it may not go over well with some. It also seems that Scott Borchetta isn't really happy with him

I think Nick, on the other hand, has been getting better.

It would be funny if, after being in the bottom two week after week after week, Rayvon would win.

Jax is the only one left who surprises each week with her choices. And they are usually pretty great choices.

I'm thinking Jax will definitely be in the final. Not sure which of the guys will be with her. And, yes, her duet with Steven should be fun!!
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

bebeg wrote:

I really thought it was Clark's to lose up until the last two weeks. But, the last two weeks have not been good for him. And I'm not sure how his attitude of 'doing what he wants' will go over with those that are voting. I kind of like that he wants to do what he wants but it may not go over well with some. It also seems that Scott Borchetta isn't really happy with him

It would be funny if, after being in the bottom two week after week after week, Rayvon would win.

Jax is the only one left who surprises each week with her choices. And they are usually pretty great choices.

I'm thinking Jax will definitely be in the final. Not sure which of the guys will be with her. And, yes, her duet with Steven should be fun!!
My bad...I thought Rayvon audition was NY.
MicheleDE

Post by MicheleDE »

bebeg wrote:

I agree again. I really thought Clark would probably be in the finale up until last week. That really raised my eyebrows, too, the way he just wouldn't even listen to the 2 mentors' advice. The way he just brushed them off and the way he handled it seemed disrespectful. It seemed like he thought he knew better than they did. I understand when you have a vision for what you want to perform, but he's not established enough to do that. This is a competition on reality tv, and he flat out said he didn't care to win if he [didn't do it his way] (I don't recall his exact words) but he should've said he'd consider what they said. My question is, isn't it too late at that point to change songs? Anyway, he needs to pay attention to their advice, and at least show respect. They know what they're talking about. I also understand and like when people have their own artistic vision and stick to it, but there's a right way and a wrong way to handle that. I feel that he handled it wrong. It rubbed me the wrong way.

The last couple of weeks Nick has been improving, as JLo & the other judges said. I was happy he sang "Bright Lights" by my fav. band [clap.gif] and he did a great job. Of course, he didn't do anything new or exciting, but still a great job of the songs he sang.

Now I'm thinking it might be Nick and Jax in the finale, and I'm good with that. [0010.gif]
High Drama
MicheleDE
Re:

Post by MicheleDE »

madamimadam wrote:Nice kid!!!!   [hug.gif]

lyndseyparker  2h2 hours ago
Great chat w/@QAlexanderXIV about having no regrets & his "@clayaiken moment," + see drawing he made for @YahooMusic! http://yhoo.it/1Di181V
I watched most of his interview with Slezak, and I really really like Quentin's personality a lot. He's an intelligent, charming guy.

I need to take some time to watch this interview with Lyndsey. I don't know what that means "clayaiken moment" and I need to know what he's talking about lol.
High Drama
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re:

Post by madamimadam »

MicheleDE wrote:

Great chat w/@QAlexanderXIV about having no regrets & his "@clayaiken moment," + see drawing he made for @YahooMusic! http://yhoo.it/1Di181V
I watched most of his interview with Slezak, and I really really like Quentin's personality a lot. He's an intelligent, charming guy.

I need to take some time to watch this interview with Lyndsey. I don't know what that means "clayaiken moment" and I need to know what he's talking about lol.
I watched it! The clayaiken moment was that he had seen the results before they were announced as did Clay on the finale... He knew Ruben had won.
"It is what it is!"
svca

Post by svca »

Clay saw enough of the card that Ryan held to know that Ruben was the winner....that's probably what they mean by that.

Heh, or what Marie said !
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

svca wrote:Clay saw enough of the card that Ryan held to know that Ruben was the winner....that's probably what they mean by that.

heeeheeehee
"It is what it is!"
Paula

Post by Paula »

MicheleDE wrote:I understand when you have a vision for what you want to perform, but he's not established enough to do that.
Neither was Adam when he was on Idol either, though.
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

Paula wrote:
MicheleDE wrote:I understand when you have a vision for what you want to perform, but he's not established enough to do that.
But I think Adam had a lot more experience and a lot more stage presence...he was able to pull off his visions much easier than probably any contestant before...and maybe since.
Sealuv

Post by Sealuv »

MicheleDE wrote:
bebeg wrote:

i agree...am a Rayvon/Jax admirer......really believe Rayvon is a major work in progress that will reap big time in the end with a recording label......there is something about him that i connect with ....Harry talks about "gravy"...Rayvon is up to his ears in "gravy" for me............and Jax......she is unique and knows who she is and wants to be.......

now the question is ........will adam be on Idol????????
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

Sealuv wrote:
MicheleDE wrote:
bebeg wrote:

i agree...am a Rayvon/Jax admirer......really believe Rayvon is a major work in progress that will reap big time in the end with a recording label......there is something about him that i connect with ....Harry talks about "gravy"...Rayvon is up to his ears in "gravy" for me............and Jax......she is unique and knows who she is and wants to be.......

now the question is ........will adam be on Idol????????
Rayvon reminds me of a combo of Bruno Mars and Josh Grobin...and Jax is just so unique. I think they both could have some pretty good careers if they are willing to be molded by Borchetta's crew.
crocked

Post by crocked »

The more I read about Quentin, the more I like him. That interview with Slezak was gold. Even Brian Mansfield wrote all about Quentin. I have his songs with spotify in addition to Adam's GT. Quentin's songs in spotify are awesome. Except that the accompaniment for me were too loud. I just wish they would let him do what he wants. I am sure he can make it better.

I am sad for Clark. I do wish him to win over Nick. I hope he makes it. He should talk with Quentin on how to make love to the camera.

I hope next year, they will change the judges. Harry and JLo have to go. JLo is too expensive, and Harry is an embodiment of contradictions.
MicheleDE
Re:

Post by MicheleDE »

madamimadam wrote:
MicheleDE wrote:

I watched it! The clayaiken moment was that he had seen the results before they were announced as did Clay on the finale... He knew Ruben had won.
Oh yeahhh!!!! Thanks, he did say that, I'd forgotten. I haz CRS. (can't remember sh*t) [0062.gif] Thanks
High Drama
MicheleDE

Post by MicheleDE »

svca wrote:Clay saw enough of the card that Ryan held to know that Ruben was the winner....that's probably what they mean by that.

LOL thanks to you, too! [0146.gif]
High Drama
MicheleDE

Post by MicheleDE »

Paula wrote:

Adam had a lot more experience, and he always had respect for everyone, never would've responded that way. He also had supportive crew on Idol.... but he did say that they would ask him "are you sure you want to do this or that" to him... they may have talked him out of a thing or two lol (in a flaming headdress sort of way) [lol.gif]
High Drama
MicheleDE

Post by MicheleDE »

vistadiva wrote:
Paula wrote:
But I think Adam had a lot more experience and a lot more stage presence...he was able to pull off his visions much easier than probably any contestant before...and maybe since.
[yes.gif] Yes, agree.
High Drama
MicheleDE

Post by MicheleDE »

crocked wrote:The more I read about Quentin, the more I like him. That interview with Slezak was gold. Even Brian Mansfield wrote all about Quentin. I have his songs with spotify in addition to Adam's GT. Quentin's songs in spotify are awesome. Except that the accompaniment for me were too loud. I just wish they would let him do what he wants. I am sure he can make it better.

I am sad for Clark. I do wish him to win over Nick. I hope he makes it. He should talk with Quentin on how to make love to the camera.

I hope next year, they will change the judges. Harry and JLo have to go. JLo is too expensive, and Harry is an embodiment of contradictions.
I agree about changing the judges. If they still have a show next year ... JLo is definitely too expensive, and it's a shame about Harry, he really could've been a better judge. I wonder if they just tell them not to worry about critiquing them anymore.... because they just don't do it. They rarely ever say anything helpful at all.
High Drama
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

I actually Think Jax should win. She's been the star of the season. Most consistent. And she is really the only one I can see been packaged into a star. And she already has a pretty sizeable fanbase. Of all ages. Whether or not that's just nostalgia or real like Glamberts lol remains to be seen. But I like her. She follows me on twitter too :D. I think Clark well win though, WGWG sorta thing.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Apparently Phillip Phillips isn't happy with 19 Entertainment. I wonder why!!!! [foxes_251.gif]

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/phi ... tact/story?
id=28500874

Also Calab Johnson isn't happy with Interscope either.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... interscope

Really goes to show, that the Idol winners, aren't always happy with the way things turned out.
Moved from Let's Talk! to The Lesser Used Threads on Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:38 am by madamimadam

Return to “The Lesser Used Threads”