Competition TV Shows - AI, The Voice, XFactor, etc.

madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Competition TV Shows - AI, The Voice, XFactor, etc.

Post by madamimadam »

FOR THIS FINAL WEEK OF AMERICAN IDOL, WE HAVE A STREAM FOR INTERNATIONAL FANS IN CASE ADAM SHOULD POP UP....

TUESDAY http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/f ... ah=1&am=30

WEDNESDAY http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/f ... 1=179&ah=1

THURSDAY http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/f ... 1=179&ah=2

STREAM

For all like-minded people who want to discuss these shows!

:musicagain:
crocked

Post by crocked »

This is my first in this new forum... :rolleyes:
Sad to know that 'american idol' is losing and 'the voice' is gaining.  The ratings last time was the lowest for AI this season.  
So far, Clark is the frontrunner... but I am still rooting for Quentin and Joey.  Quentin reminds me of Adam regarding love of different styles -- creating a new picture.  My favorite performance was 'Latch' ,:clap:  :clap: although I did not like the falsetto.  Tyanna was able to make a comeback with 'Stay'.  
Only 5 top performers will be touring, the rest will join if the tour is in his state.  Qaasim was eliminated. I am sad to see him go.  :sad:  :sad:
The top 7 are: Quentin, Joey, Clark, Jax, Tyanna, Nick and Rayvon.  Next week, the theme is American classics.

Hi crocked, I was hoping you would find your way here. Welcome to our new home. :flowers:
Paula

Post by Paula »

crocked:6377 wrote:This is my first in this new forum... :rolleyes:
Sad to know that 'american idol' is losing and 'the voice' is gaining.  The ratings last time was the lowest for AI this season.  
So far, Clark is the frontrunner... but I am still rooting for Quentin and Joey.  Quentin reminds me of Adam regarding love of different styles -- creating a new picture.  My favorite performance was 'Latch' ,:clap:  :clap: although I did not like the falsetto.  Tyanna was able to make a comeback with 'Stay'.  
Only 5 top performers will be touring, the rest will join if the tour is in his state.  Qaasim was eliminated. I am sad to see him go.  :sad:  :sad:
The top 7 are: Quentin, Joey, Clark, Jax, Tyanna, Nick and Rayvon.  Next week, the theme is American classics.
LOVE LOVE LOVE Clark. I really hope that he wins. I also loved "Latch" last week. I didn't even mind the falsetto bit! I was sad that Qaasim was eliminated, because he always kept me guessing as to what he was going to do, not unlike our very own Adam. I HATE that only the top 5 are touring. I may not even go to the tour this year.
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Anybody watching the voice this year?  This kid is so unique, and as Pharell says, a throwback to another time.   :Smile: I see itersay has him for her sigi,  :thumbsup:  This was his audition tape. The voice found him on You Tube. He is so good everyweek.  I felt so bad for him this week though.  He was singing Imagine and they were having sound issues, which really detracted from how good he was singing that song. :sad:

Anyway, if you don't like, folk, or blues, or even his vocals, you may not like him,  but I thought I would bring a video of his audition over.

[youtube][/youtube]
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

As a rule, I no longer watch Idol unless you-know-who is on.  But I caught it this week....cause he IS gonna be on..and hopefully to do Ghost Town.

IMHO, Jax is awesome...and Adam loved her in the audition in NY.  Joey was interesting..too bad she was eliminated.  Rayvon the best voice and interpretation skills since Adam..and the same great attitude.

Quentin isn't as good as he thinks he is....and his surly attitude leaves a lot to be desired.  WGWG...not bad...but that era should finally end imho.  The others were very forgettable.
Paula

Post by Paula »

Clark is my favorite, hands down. I absolutely love him. I do also love Rayvon, Nick, & Tyanna. Quentin, I think, has a bad attitude, and I sensed that from the first time I saw him, I don't know why. Not a fan of Jax, either.
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

Paula:9103 wrote:Clark is my favorite, hands down. I absolutely love him. I do also love Rayvon, Nick, & Tyanna. Quentin, I think, has a bad attitude, and I sensed that from the first time I saw him, I don't know why. Not a fan of Jax, either.
Both Nick & Jax auditioned in front of Adam in NY.....interesting factoid.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

I love Jax! She's one of the few contestants that I look forward to see what she'll do next... She's getting a little sidetracked with the pressure of the show. She needs to bring back the Jax we met at her audition.

I think she's got star potential if handled properly...

IMHO!

:wink:
"It is what it is!"
Paula

Post by Paula »

vistadiva:9143 wrote:
Paula:9103 wrote:Clark is my favorite, hands down. I absolutely love him. I do also love Rayvon, Nick, & Tyanna. Quentin, I think, has a bad attitude, and I sensed that from the first time I saw him, I don't know why. Not a fan of Jax, either.
Both Nick & Jax auditioned in front of Adam in NY.....interesting factoid.
So did Qaasim, who unfortunately, got eliminated last week. :(
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

Tiki:9089 wrote:Anybody watching the voice this year?  This kid is so unique, and as Pharell says, a throwback to another time.   [smile.gif] I see itersay has him for her sigi,   [thumbsup.gif]  This was his audition tape. The voice found him on You Tube. He is so good everyweek.  I felt so bad for him this week though.  He was singing Imagine and they were having sound issues, which really detracted from how good he was singing that song. [sad.gif]

Anyway, if you don't like, folk, or blues, or even his vocals, you may not like him,  but I thought I would bring a video of his audition over.

[youtube][/youtube]
Sawyer is my favorite.  I usually feel uncomfortable watching/listening to someone so young sing adult songs but his talent is so far beyond his years.  He sings the songs as though he's lived them, yet he hasn't.  He's an old soul.
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

vistadiva:9094 wrote:As a rule, I no longer watch Idol unless you-know-who is on.  But I caught it this week....cause he IS gonna be on..and hopefully to do Ghost Town.

IMHO, Jax is awesome...and Adam loved her in the audition in NY.  Joey was interesting..too bad she was eliminated.  Rayvon the best voice and interpretation skills since Adam..and the same great attitude.

Quentin isn't as good as he thinks he is....and his surly attitude leaves a lot to be desired.  WGWG...not bad...but that era should finally end imho.  The others were very forgettable.
Quentin's been my favorite since the beginning and still is.  Jax is another favorite along with Clark.  But, I think my favorite performance this week was Nick's Only The Good Die Young.

If I was betting on the season, though, I'd put my money on Clark to win the whole thing.
sueb1863

Post by sueb1863 »

I liked Joey but I'm not surprised she's gone. You can only go so far being cute and quirky without a great voice to back you up. Her voice was OK I thought but not great. She should be able to get a record deal somewhere though.

Are they doing a tour this year?
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

sueb1863:9216 wrote:I liked Joey but I'm not surprised she's gone. You can only go so far being cute and quirky without a great voice to back you up. Her voice was OK I thought but not great. She should be able to get a record deal somewhere though.

Are they doing a tour this year?
I think Top 5 only are going on tour...

Yes, it is only the Top 5 that are going on tour, and I wonder why that is?
"It is what it is!"
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

bebeg:9179 wrote:
Tiki:9089 wrote:Anybody watching the voice this year?  This kid is so unique, and as Pharell says, a throwback to another time.   [smile.gif] I see itersay has him for her sigi, [thumbsup.gif]  This was his audition tape. The voice found him on You Tube. He is so good everyweek.  I felt so bad for him this week though.  He was singing Imagine and they were having sound issues, which really detracted from how good he was singing that song. [sad.gif]

Sawyer is my favorite.  I usually feel uncomfortable watching/listening to someone so young sing adult songs but his talent is so far beyond his years.  He sings the songs as though he's lived them, yet he hasn't.  He's an old soul.
He is my favorite too. He is the only one, that I can't wait to see what he is singing each week. That he was an old soul were my thoughts as well, and I will be very surprised if he doesn't go somewhere. The judges have nothing but praise for him and I really loved what Pharell said, if Sawyer didn't pick his team. :Smile:

My favorite on Idol is Jax, but for some reason, whether it's pressure or the songs she chose this last week, sort of put her back a bit.  She needs to bring back Jax.  Sometimes, I think the judges really confuse the contestants and HCJ is the worst in my opinion.   I know he is trying to help them, but at the same time, I think he comes on too strong. I do like Tyanna too and I think she is also one to go far in the music business. She is very talented for such a young person. [smile.gif]
istersay

Post by istersay »

Tiki:9089 wrote:Anybody watching the voice this year?  This kid is so unique, and as Pharell says, a throwback to another time.   [smile.gif] I see itersay has him for her sigi, [thumbsup.gif]  This was his audition tape. The voice found him on You Tube. He is so good everyweek.  I felt so bad for him this week though.  He was singing Imagine and they were having sound issues, which really detracted from how good he was singing that song. [sad.gif]

yeah, I love him  

this guy from BGT is good too
[youtube][/youtube]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/9QcQ5Y6.jpg[/img]
svca

Post by svca »

i would definitely buy one of Calum's albums....really like his voice.

He's a bit like a male Adele, but I don't like HER voice lol.  She's too gaspy.

I'll have to write down his name and see if he comes out with an album or two.

Thanks for posting that, Istersay.
crocked

Post by crocked »

Well, among the contestants in AI, I only follow Joey and Quentin.  So I am very sad that Joey went home.  And being BF of Quentin, it made Q very sad.  Then here comes Ryan who provoked him to state what is on his mind,  and being an honest person that he is, he referred to the two who have one of the best voices on Ai in bottom 2. Then Harry misunderstood him and Q had to clarify himself. If you watched all his videos, he was very humble, and Harry was most insulting.  Though he has pitch issues, Harry always point it out, degrading him,  but never to that embryo nor other contestants.  
Q's artistry is unique and he has earned loyal fans, and correct me if I am wrong, he was applauded (not booed by the audience) and a comment from a contestant in youtube really praised for talking in behaf of them who were sent home.
I think the bias comes from that he is black with that hair and nosering.  It takes being used to, but I find it in the same class as when Adam was in his most glam self.
Tbh, the rest of the contestants were karaoke to me and quite boring. Good voice they have, but it does not make me feel a thing.
crocked

Post by crocked »

I recommend 2 songs from Q
Royals:  illustrate how sensitive he is
 I put a spell on you... A grammy performance according to one of the judges.

what he lacks is technical training.... and he is that poor to afford it... and in his interviews, he always reiterate his gratitude to AI for that opportunity.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

PattiHum  ·  8h 8 hours ago
Oh wow! Idol Finale is not at Nokia this year! Dolby Theatre Is 1/2 the size! 😞
"It is what it is!"
Paula

Post by Paula »

Yeah, it's telling that they've changed the place of the finale to somewhere smaller, and also reduced the tour from top 10 to top 5.
Moved from Let's Talk! to The Lesser Used Threads on Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:38 am by madamimadam

Return to “The Lesser Used Threads”