Competition TV Shows - AI, The Voice, XFactor, etc.

Carmi

Post by Carmi »

What an awful tragedy. What a world we are living in. Children are shot in schools, people are shot in houses of worship and shopping malls.Airports are being targeted. Now it seems that entertainers are targets too. Not just in the US. This is happening globally. Remember Paris? Amsterdam airport moments after Adam and crew landed there it was shut down? What is the answer? I wish I knew. This HAS to be causing anxiety for all entertainers. Just today, Zayn, from 1D has canceled his show because of anxiety.

Adam no doubt is being affected too. But I don't believe that he will stay put in a hotel room, or stop shopping. He is very brave and imo won't kowtow to these occurrences. Having said that...I think he is not stupid. When he performed in Dubai, he was getting pelted with bottles and debris while he was on the catwalk. He beat a speedy retreat back to the band area, did very quick band intros and got off the stage quickly. If he or his people sense a real danger, I think they will make appropriate decisions for him regarding his safety. Queen had bodyguards for him in South America and a few others countries too.

I am going to have faith and hope he is always safe and protected..
Paula

Post by Paula »

Carmi » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:23 pm wrote:What an awful tragedy. What a world we are living in. Children are shot in schools, people are shot in houses of worship and shopping malls.Airports are being targeted. Now it seems that entertainers are targets too. Not just in the US. This is happening globally. Remember Paris? Amsterdam airport moments after Adam and crew landed there it was shut down? What is the answer? I wish I knew. This HAS to be causing anxiety for all entertainers. Just today, Zayn, from 1D has canceled his show because of anxiety.

Adam no doubt is being affected too. But I don't believe that he will stay put in a hotel room, or stop shopping. He is very brave and imo won't kowtow to these occurrences. Having said that...I think he is not stupid. When he performed in Dubai, he was getting pelted with bottles and debris while he was on the catwalk. He beat a speedy retreat back to the band area, did very quick band intros and got off the stage quickly. If he or his people sense a real danger, I think they will make appropriate decisions for him regarding his safety. Queen had bodyguards for him in South America and a few others countries too.

I am going to have faith and hope he is always safe and protected..
I REALLY hope so. I don't ever want to see anything like what happened to Christina, happen to him.
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
Carmi

Post by Carmi »

Me too Paula, me too. ::crying:: ::huggy::
Adam'sfan

Post by Adam'sfan »

My first thought was of Adam's safety too. What a crazy world we live in. Thank goodness he's in Europe now where there is much better gun control than in the USA.
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

The reality is that this isn't something unique to entertainers. Sadly it's a reality for all of us. Movie theaters, schools, colleges, shopping centers, restaurants and yes, concerts. It's happening everywhere. And, it's very scary.
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

Scary thing is their is no such thing as security or privacy these days. Anyone can just rock up and shoot you. Music Stars or anyone needs to be more careful, and have a bit of protection. I do worry about Adam and this. As he is obviousley alot more famous then Christine was. But he has a very rabid fanbase. He gets alot of crazies lol. But in all seriousness I can see one particular crazy out their doing something like this. I am sure Adam has protection. But he needs to be more then aware then ever.
Paula

Post by Paula »

3ku1 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:06 am wrote:Scary thing is their is no such thing as security or privacy these days. Anyone can just rock up and shoot you. Music Stars or anyone needs to be more careful, and have a bit of protection. I do worry about Adam and this. As he is obviousley alot more famous then Christine was. But he has a very rabid fanbase. He gets alot of crazies lol. But in all seriousness I can see one particular crazy out their doing something like this. I am sure Adam has protection. But he needs to be more then aware then ever.
Exactly. That's what scares me.
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

Jax my fav Idol since Adam, just revealed she is battiling Cancer. So young, so sad. Hopefully she pulls through. We once had a funny exchange on twitter, and she followed me lol. So she is a very sweet girl, and does not deserve this, but who does.

https://twitter.com/JustJared/status/762818669038735361
Paula

Post by Paula »

3ku1 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:55 pm wrote:Jax my fav Idol since Adam, just revealed she is battiling Cancer. So young, so sad. Hopefully she pulls through. We once had a funny exchange on twitter, and she followed me lol. So she is a very sweet girl, and does not deserve this, but who does.

https://twitter.com/JustJared/status/762818669038735361
Thyroid cancer is one of the most treatable kinds, and since they caught it early, she's going to be fine.
Paula

Post by Paula »

Do any of you remember Megan Joy, from Adam's season of Idol? Beautiful girl with tats and long blonde hair? She was my favorite from the girls that season. Anyhow, she got remarried a few years ago, to Quinn Allman, from The Used. She just announced today on her instagram, that her & Quinn are going to have their first baby together. A boy, due in December. Her son Ryder's going to be a big brother!

svca

Post by svca »

Aw, good for Megan, congrats to her and her family.

Is she still singing, Paula? I loved her voice, it was so unique, but she had such a hard time picking the right songs for her voice.

Sounds like her personal life is going well though.

Thanks for bringing this over....it's kind of fun to keep up a little bit with Adam's group.
Paula

Post by Paula »

svca » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:06 pm wrote:Aw, good for Megan, congrats to her and her family.

Is she still singing, Paula? I loved her voice, it was so unique, but she had such a hard time picking the right songs for her voice.

Sounds like her personal life is going well though.

Thanks for bringing this over....it's kind of fun to keep up a little bit with Adam's group.
She is! She put an EP out a couple of years ago. I don't think she's done anything publicly in a bit, though. She's concentrating on her new family. :)
Lizziek

Post by Lizziek »

Nice to hear Megan is doing well, and her personal life is so happy. Thanks Paula for bringing this in.
Paula

Post by Paula »

Lizziek » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:35 pm wrote:Nice to hear Megan is doing well, and her personal life is so happy. Thanks Paula for bringing this in.
::thumbsup::
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

Megan Joy!! I had such a crush on her in 2009 ::grin:: . She is what i first discovered S8 idol. Then Adam sang Satisfaction The Results one. Was like damn, I am straight but that is a good looking man, WTH ::grin:: . What a voice. But yeah Megan, shes married now? Luckey guy.
Paula

Post by Paula »

3ku1 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:23 pm wrote:Megan Joy!! I had such a crush on her in 2009 ::grin:: . She is what i first discovered S8 idol. Then Adam sang Satisfaction The Results one. Was like damn, I am straight but that is a good looking man, WTH ::grin:: . What a voice. But yeah Megan, shes married now? Luckey guy.
She is! She's been married since August 21, 2011, to Quinn Allman, from the band The Used. Here's a photo of them:

hotouthere

Post by hotouthere »

Is anybody watching The Voice?

Tonight Billy Gilman sang "The Show Must Go On". Billy has a great voice however still not the performance, style and richness in vocal quality that Adam has singing that song. Adam puts so much heart and soul into it for every performance without any motivation other than his own pride and desire to wow the audience!

Considering that Billy is in a competition, he fell a bit short in my opinion. He basically just made me want to listen to Adam! ::wub::
Lizziek

Post by Lizziek »

hotouthere » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:24 pm wrote:Is anybody watching The Voice?

Tonight Billy Gilman sang "The Show Must Go On". Billy has a great voice however still not the performance, style and richness in vocal quality that Adam has singing that song. Adam puts so much heart and soul into it for every performance without any motivation other than his own pride and desire to wow the audience!

Considering that Billy is in a competition, he fell a bit short in my opinion. He basically just made me want to listen to Adam! ::wub::
I agree. He was good, but after hearing Adam perform this song so brilliantly and with so much emotion, Billy 's was missing something. I still think he's a good singer.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Totally agree. Although it was good, it was lacking. But then again, we are comparing him to Adam, which is a little bit unfair, but it is so hard not to do that. ::grin::
svca

Post by svca »

I have to admit I don't watch all these singing competition shows, but I did watch XF AU religiously because Adam was judge/mentor.

Isaiah is the first singer pretty much since Adam that I'm incredibly excited about. I've already ordered his single and plan on ordering his album when it comes out. I just love his voice and his personality. I don't know if I'll follow him like I do Adam, but I'm really excited about his music.

Everybody else, yes, they make me want to just listen to Adam, especially when it's a song he's done before. There is just something so much "more" to Adam's singing, it's hard to explain.
Moved from Let's Talk! to The Lesser Used Threads on Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:38 am by madamimadam

Return to “The Lesser Used Threads”