General Talk About Adam

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

svca
@ Jul 20th 2014, 2:27 PM

I found it interesting where he talks about Adam Era 3, hoping for a better reception in this "Sam Smith loving" America.

Why does it seem to be so much easier for the US to embrace people like Sam Smith, make a big deal out of him coming out, promote him everywhere, and yet Adam has had to fight for every inch in the last 5 years, living out and proud? I will never get that.  no.gif

But awesome review; the guy writes like he's definitely a fan.

daisydoggie @ Nov 19th 2014, 11:50 PM

Just got this link in my Google alert on Adam and I wanted to respond to your question about why it is easier for Sam Smith than it has been for Adam. I think Adam's very handsome face and his sex appeal is threatening to many people. Adam is a very sexy gay man and he can't help but be sexy and gorgeous. I think a lot of women are attracted to him and they resist it by rebuffing him. Being attracted to a gay man doesn't compute in their brains. I see this happening with my sister. She never liked stylish men. She is happy with a guy who wears nice clothes but is not sexy-just your average guy. The clothes, the make-up, the costumes-too much for her. Sam Smith is not threatening in that way. He is more your average guy.

Adam was the first out of the gate and he came out full force. Loaded with personality, glam and talent. He made you notice him. He was in everyone's living room week you couldn't ignore him. People watched, but when it came to supporting his music, they shied away. I think the things we love about Adam was too much for some to handle. Adam is a hurricane, and some can only handle a drizzle.
madamimadam' date='Nov 20th 2014, 1:19 AM'

I am bringing this in here because I love what daisydoggie had to say...

"Adam is a hurricane, and some can only handle a drizzle."

Perfect explanation in so few words!!!!
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

3ku1' date='Nov 20th 2014, 2:19 AM'

Third Option ? Just a random tweet haha. Not all of his tweets have hidden messages ;).
madamimadam' date='Nov 20th 2014, 3:19 AM' post='26611978']
Just joking, BB...  :D
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Moonlightchiara' date='Nov 28th 2014, 3:00 PM'

Am I the only nut job wondering if Adam hosted Thanksgiving at his new home?
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Moonlightchiara @ Nov 28th 2014, 2:00 PM

donnamb' date='Nov 28th 2014, 3:40 PM'

Think it's more likely that Adam was "working" and traveling to the UK.  Don't think he would show up to the tv set with jet lag.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Moonlightchiara @ Nov 28th 2014, 12:00 PM

hotouthere' date='Nov 28th 2014, 5:10 PM'

This was on my mind as well.  However everyone but him would be cooking!  :haha:
Considering that Adam says Thanksgiving is his favorite holiday, I really don't think he would miss it.

donnamb @ Nov 28th 2014, 12:40 PM) *

Think it's more likely that Adam was "working" and traveling to the UK. Don't think he would show up to the tv set with jet lag.
He could have left on an evening flight or first thing this morning.  He is normally up all night and sleeps during the day therefore, he is probably already on London time!
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Moonlightchiara @ Nov 28th 2014, 3:00 PM

misswood' date='Nov 28th 2014, 5:53 PM'
I was wondering what parts he liked to eat.  :unsure:
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

donnamb @ Nov 28th 2014, 2:40 PM

Think it's more likely that Adam was "working" and traveling to the UK. Don't think he would show up to the tv set with jet lag.
madamimadam' date='Nov 28th 2014, 5:56 PM'
He had plenty of time to fly out today (Friday) and be well rested and not jet lagged by Sunday!!!! Family and friends are very important to Adam and this is definitely one of those holidays he would go out of his way to share with them.

... IMHO...
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Moonlightchiara' date='Nov 29th 2014, 6:30 PM'

Wow, Tokio Hotel acknowledged, thanked, and followed Adam??!  Will wonders never cease?
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Moonlightchiara @ Nov 29th 2014, 11:30 PM

Wow, Tokio Hotel acknowledged, thanked, and followed Adam??! Will wonders never cease?
infinite' date='Nov 30th 2014, 10:01 AM'

I didn't see that coming.  :no:  :haha: I always thought that Bill (Tokio Hotel) didn't like Adam :wacko: ... I was proved wrong.  :yes:
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

infinite @ Nov 30th 2014, 10:01 AM

I didn't see that coming.  no.gif  haha.gif I always thought that Bill (Tokio Hotel) didn't like Adam wacko.gif ... I was proved wrong.  yes.gif
jlynn1205' date='Nov 30th 2014, 10:48 AM'

I think Bill was just super uncomfortable with his own sexuality and would get really uncomfortable and akward when asked about Adam which came off as dislike. He actually never said anything mean. Looking at recent articles and interviews it looks like Bill has come to grips with his own sexual identity. It is pretty awesome actually that with getting older and a few years out of the spotlight living in LA that he finally is being more open and confident with his feelings toward men.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

jlynn1205 @ Nov 30th 2014, 6:48 AM

I think Bill was just super uncomfortable with his own sexuality and would get really uncomfortable and akward when asked about Adam which came off as dislike. He actually never said anything mean. Looking at recent articles and interviews it looks like Bill has come to grips with his own sexual identity. It is pretty awesome actually that with getting older and a few years out of the spotlight living in LA that he finally is being more open and confident with his feelings toward men.

svca' date='Nov 30th 2014, 10:59 AM'

Was Bill the lead singer, the one that dressed like Adam?  Did he come out?  I haven't read anything about him, and didn't know he lived in LA now.

I think it was another one of those media fueled "feuds", and had nothing to do with either Adam or Bill.  The more I follow Adam, the more I hate the paps and the media  :angry:

Now I have to google Bill; I always thought he was gorgeous when he dressed up.  I've seen a couple of videos of TH and wasn't too impressed with the singing, though.   :haha:  :haha:
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

jlynn1205 @ Nov 30th 2014, 3:48 PM

:thumbs: ( Off topic.... http://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/arti...-music-industry ... Interesting read about Bill.)

Was Bill the lead singer, the one that dressed like Adam? Did he come out? I haven't read anything about him, and didn't know he lived in LA now.

I think it was another one of those media fueled "feuds", and had nothing to do with either Adam or Bill. The more I follow Adam, the more I hate the paps and the media angry.gif

Now I have to google Bill; I always thought he was gorgeous when he dressed up. I've seen a couple of videos of TH and wasn't too impressed with the singing, though. haha.gif haha.gif
infinite' date='Nov 30th 2014, 11:04 AM

You should read the link I posted and I wasn't impressed with his voice neither. :haha
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

infinite @ Nov 30th 2014, 7:04 AM

thumbsup.gif ( Off topic.... http://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/a ... c-industry ... Interesting read about Bill.)

svca' date='Nov 30th 2014, 11:12 AM

Oops, sorry to be OT, just noticed the thread we're in.  :">  :">
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

svca @ Nov 30th 2014, 4:12 PM

Hm, he sounds a bit like Adam, doesn't he? It looks like he dropped the androgynous look, he's quite cute either way.

Oops, sorry to be OT, just noticed the thread we're in.  blushing.gif  blushing.gif

infinite' date='Nov 30th 2014, 11:15 AM'

My fault.... :"> Sorry  :flowers:
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Carmi' date='Nov 30th 2014, 11:21 AM

IMO Adam never tweets randomly. He always has a method to his madness. I don't think tweeting the new TH vid was the usual pimping that he loves to  do but proving a point. There is a vid of Adam interacting with fans after a GNT show in Germany. The female fan askes him about Bill and if he would be seeing him now that he was in Germany. There is small talk and banter and you can here Adam say, "it's hard to be in the closet."

I think that Adam always knew that Bill was not totally straight. Adam has said that queer people can identify each other. And I believe that this is true.

I am very happy that Bill has sort of addressed his possible bisexual status. It is really nice to see that he is more open now about it. The vid Love Who Loves You Back is stunning visually and says a lot. Good for Bill!
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Carmi @ Nov 30th 2014, 4:21 PM

IMO Adam never tweets randomly. He always has a method to his madness. I don't think tweeting the new TH vid was the usual pimping that he loves to do but proving a point. There is a vid of Adam interacting with fans after a GNT show in Germany. The female fan askes him about Bill and if he would be seeing him now that he was in Germany. There is small talk and banter and you can here Adam say, "it's hard to be in the closet."

I think that Adam always knew that Bill was not totally straight. Adam has said that queer people can identify each other. And I believe that this is true.

I am very happy that Bill has sort of addressed his possible bisexual status. It is really nice to see that he is more open now about it. The vid Love Who Loves You Back is stunning visually and says a lot. Good for Bill!

nfinite' date='Nov 30th 2014, 11:27 AM'

:thumbs: It's the first time that I have to agree with you. :haha:
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Carmi' date='Nov 30th 2014, 11:30 AM'

Well thank you Infinite! We may not agree with each other and that is okay. We DO have a lot more in common than not. <3  :hug:
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

svca' date='Nov 30th 2014, 11:32 AM'

Awww, I love how Adam always sparks such interesting conversations  <3
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Carmi @ Nov 30th 2014, 4:30 PM

Well thank you Infinite! We may not agree with each other and that is okay. We DO have a lot more in common than not. heart.gif huggy.gif
nfinite' date='Nov 30th 2014, 11:34 AM'

:hug:  :flowers:
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

grammamia' date='Nov 30th 2014, 11:45 AM'

Good for Bill!

Love this!

Return to “Let's Talk!”