General Talk About Adam

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Tiki'srose @ Jan 19th 2015, 6:05 PM

Would just putting the editorials into one thread only, and not bother putting them in other threads help somewhat. Same with the concerts, just put the tweets, pics & videos pertaining to that concert in its thread and not bother putting them elsewhere. I don't know if that would be a good idea or not, I am just thinking here. original.gif
madamimadam' date='Jan 19th 2015, 7:11 PM'

Would just putting the editorials into one thread only, and not bother putting them in other threads help somewhat.

.... hmmmm.... that might work... Just put all of the articles in the "Online Media Thread"... AI, QAL, Reviews....

Again, people would have to sort through it, but it would stop the double-posting....
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

madamimadam @ Jan 19th 2015, 6:11 PM

Would just putting the editorials into one thread only, and not bother putting them in other threads help somewhat.

.... hmmmm.... that might work... Just put all of the articles in the "Online Media Thread"... AI, QAL, Reviews....

Again, people would have to sort through it, but it would stop the double-posting....

Tiki'srose' date='Jan 19th 2015, 7:22 PM'

Even though people would have to sort through it, I don't think it would be that hard because for the most part they are usually on the same subject except when you have something like his idol judging in the middle. But right now  the editorials etc are  basically the concerts.  The tweet that goes with the online media tells you what it is and then it is up to everyone whether they want to read it.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

madamimadam @ Jan 18th 2015, 1:27 PM

I am so overwhelmed with joy and happiness for everything going on with Adam right now!

He's having a ball fronting Queen for a few more weeks.

He was signed by Warners within 24 HOURS of walking out of RCA! Before Queen. Before iHeart. Before Glee... They wanted ADAM!!!!

He has a top notch executive producer team for his upcoming album.

We are getting a single in April!!!

He just bought himself a gorgeous house... paid CASH!

He has a beautiful new Bentley!

The UK reviews are to die for...

I walk around with this huge sh!t-eating grin on my face and can't seem to stop... while at the same time getting teary-eyed for all the wonderful stuff happening for Adam right now!!!!

Le Sigh!!!!

That is all... original.gif

MicheleDE' date='Jan 19th 2015, 7:53 PM'

Amen to ALL of THIS!!!!

My heart is just bursting with pride and joy, sometimes I can't contain it!!!!
ImageImage

and for the nay-sayers, I just wanna say suck it!  :bleh:
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

madamimadam @ Jan 19th 2015, 6:40 PM

JM: I agree that the lack of new music has left many fans kind of bored with Adam's fandom.

I also agree that now that new music/label is getting closer (it's not even Maypril anymore, it's April!!!!), fans will resurface, at least I really hope so.

As far as the sea of red that confronts you (and others), I'm wracking my brain to find a solution... I don't know... Create a one-size-fits-all thread where I dump the lot in? But then, if you're only interested in certain things, you have to go through the whole lot.

Right now, I put stuff in their respective threads (3rd Album, QAL tour, Adam-related, American Idol, etc.)...

I can't figure out how to make this work for everyone...

Chip in with ideas, guys!!!! I'm at a loss...

misswood' date='Jan 19th 2015, 7:56 PM'

What was wrong with my idea? :unsure:  I liked it.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

misswood @ Jan 19th 2015, 6:56 PM) *

What was wrong with my idea? unsure.gif I liked it.

adamimadam' date='Jan 19th 2015, 7:58 PM'

...and it has been duly noted!

:roll:
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

aviddem' date='Jan 19th 2015, 8:22 PM'

I think having the tweets all in red was a stroke of genius...if I'm too busy to read a gazillion tweets, i can just scroll past all the red  ;)
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

madamimadam' date='Jan 19th 2015, 8:25 PM'

Actually, if having all the media articles in the one thread (2015 Online Media) works out, we might do the same for tweets (except for the concert tweets) and dump all of them in the Adam-Related Tweets thread so there is no longer a need to post them twice, even thrice in some cases, in various threads.

Let's see how we do with the Online Media thread.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Love2Lurk' date='Jan 19th 2015, 8:32 PM'

Just adding my 2cents !!!

Love you Marie...and everyone who contributes to this board.....

You all are the best  :hug:  THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for all that you do  :hug:

However...I worry about you Marie and not getting enough rest  :wub:

Please take care  :flowers:  
I love reading the tweets....however...If I am not up to reading them all....I just scroll....

Also love reading & adding to the convo .....reading the different POV keeps it interesting  :thumbs:

However you all organize the board ...will be fine ....love coming here for all things Adam !!
And...yes....

I am over the top....filled with joy :wub: .... for Adam's overdue kudos from the media & gaining new fans.....

The current success with Queenbert.....new label ....with....new music coming in April !!!

All of this is soooooooooo exciting  :w00t:

Makes me so happy & proud for Adam !!!  :wub:

This Adam journey has been amazing......can't wait for more  :thumbs:  :wub:  :sorcerer:
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

svca' date='Jan 19th 2015, 8:35 PM'

I must admit I take special delight in all the tweets from new people discovering our boy.

It just makes me grin from ear to ear  :D  :D

It's about damn time lol  :yes:
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

svca @ Jan 19th 2015, 7:35 PM) *

I must admit I take special delight in all the tweets from new people discovering our boy.

It just makes me grin from ear to ear  grin.gif  grin.gif

It's about damn time lol  yes.gif

Love2Lurk' date='Jan 19th 2015, 8:37 PM'

Exactly  :thumbs:

MicheleDE' date='Jan 19th 2015, 8:44 PM'

YES!!!!    :yes:
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

sealuv' date='Jan 19th 2015, 8:59 PM

my zip cents........i come here to see what is new with adam.....and appreciate the info that is so concise ...tweets...vids....& "the sea of red" does not bother me....but can it curtail conversations?, possibly ......is this a bad thing?....depends on what one wants from the forum.....some peeps probably just want info and either have no time for posting or just not interested in giving their 3 cents.......others may want free flow convo.......for me ...i want both........and agree ...we have lost a lot of free flow here....but not sure if it is the 'sea of red tweets'  is the cause.... or some other issue....

in the beginning of IDF.... things were a bit chaotic .......free flow and random posting was natural and everyone felt like he/she was part of the whole and everyone contributed.....free flow conversations were just a natural result.....but like adam .....IDF has grown.... and it has really become #1 for info for all things adam...

we may not get a variety of posters ...right now ...but the guest count is incredibly high......

as to the work load and how to select tweets and disperse to various threads.......hmmmmm....still have to think on this.......but in the end ....there is only one marie as there is only one adam!......and i ain't goin' nowhere ...nohow.... :haha:
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

takema' date='Jan 19th 2015, 10:13 PM'

I think how well organized thing are is a little bit of the culprit in the lack of posting.

It's been more than a couple of time (even just this evening) that I have seen posts from people apologizing for posting something in the "wrong thread", or people being told to move their convo to a different thread (often stopping the conversation that was actually happening).  The majority of the time this is done kindly and respectfully, but occasionally it crosses over into abrupt, controlling or bossy territory.  To more sensitive (and newer) posters this can be a huge deterrent, they can be scared off or feel that they were singled out, even if that was not the intention, I'm sure it's almost always accidental.

Some people will not even bother posting new articles or tweets because they are worried about putting it in the "right place".  When something becomes so structured it can be intimidating for some to figure out where to start.

I know how well organised this forum has become is a huge part of the attraction of this site over others for many people (me included), but you are going to lose a lot of spontaneity when there is a lot of structure.  One invariable cancels the other out.  I do miss the back and for between everyone there used to be during concerts in the concert thread.  Now people are so busy dumping tweets, vids and pics during the concert they don't have time to actually discuss what they are watching and/or seeing on the streams.  Peek back at the concert threads from a couple years ago and there were board members revelling in what they were seeing and hearing, laughing at Adam's antics and marvelling at the amazing things Adam was doing with his voice.  Now there is just a bunch of pictures, videos and a sea of red and minimal discussion.

There is no way to have everything for everyone in one place, I still love this place, but I do look forward to there being more conversations between people when the new music comes out.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Love2Lurk' date='Jan 19th 2015, 10:41 PM'

After thinking about where to post media..... I do have a comment to add  :flowers:

To me it seems more logical to keep articles relating to a particular subject in that subject thread......

It seems more difficult to jump back and forth between the media thread...then to the subject thread to comment ???

Maybe do away with the  media thread ????

That is just me thought......whatever works with everyone else will be OK with me  :flowers:

Marie.....you are the keeper of the info...so whatever works for you ....do that  :flowers:
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

takema @ Jan 19th 2015, 7:13 PM) *

I think how well organized thing are is a little bit of the culprit in the lack of posting.

hotouthere' date='Jan 19th 2015, 11:02 PM'

I agree with you regarding the endless stream of tweets and other content coming in during the concert when we have a stream to watch or listen to.  I much prefer listening to it and just reading our own conversation as it is happening.  If I want to look at tweets during the concert, I can do that myself in another window on my computer or cell phone or tablet.

I do enjoy the tweets leading up the concert but don't expect anyone to kill themselves trying to post the tweets within seconds after they appear during the concert.

Maybe we can just collect tweets (outside of the forum in a word or text document) during the concert; then after the concert, send them to members who want to clean them up, eliminate duplicates and post.  Split them up between those without pictures, with Instagram Picks and the rest with other photos or videos.  

If we do not have a stream, then bringing in the tweets may be our only option to keep everyone informed with what is happening.

I am just sharing my thoughts and hoping we can make concert days easier and more enjoyable for all of us!  :)
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

aviddem @ Jan 19th 2015, 7:22 PM) *

I think having the tweets all in red was a stroke of genius...if I'm too busy to read a gazillion tweets, i can just scroll past all the red  wink.gif

donnamb' date='Jan 19th 2015, 11:05 PM'

I do a lot of scrolling through the tweets.  Although, there's a bit of explanation.  I'm a twitter lurker.  I only have to follow a couple of people to get the gist of what's being commented on in twitterworld.  

Of course I remember getting up too early in the morning to come to IDF to read the comments and try to view what video could be gleaned from the Idols tour.  Twitter wasn't such a thing then.  I think we had to wait for people to report back in after the concert, not give the minute-by-minute description.

I don't post a lot, but I do read the posts.  Since I don't tend to get on the board until late at night, the interesting bits I might have commented on are hours old, and the conversation has either moved on or gone to sleep.  

So basically, I don't have a solution to offer, except to scroll ...
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

svca' date='Jan 19th 2015, 11:19 PM'

Tweets and pics and videos are really the only way for me to enjoy the concerts...my computer doesn't usually allow me to do the streams, so I read the tweets to follow along with what's happening and watch the videos.

So a big thank you from me for the folks who bring in the goodies, Adam's goodies   :P
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

aviddem' date='Jan 19th 2015, 11:21 PM'

My two cents:  I've been around since 2009 as well, and this forum is LIGHT YEARS better than it was back in the day...you could never FIND anything back then.  I love that Marie has things cross-referenced for us.  For example, I love to read critics reviews of the shows and concerts.  It's awesome that not only are they posted in the individual concert threads, they are all consolidated in the Tour Reviews thread for my reading pleasure  :D

I do also miss the old, free flowing conversations, and a lot of former members, so it's a conundrum.  I don't know if the overwhelming amount of media and tweets our boy generates is deterring this free flow, but methinks it's going to get even more overwhelming as Era 3 gets underway and he continues on this path of eventual WORLD DOMINATION!  :bleh:

I tend to lean OCD, so I much prefer the superb organization over chaos.  I can't even imagine how much time and energy Marie devotes to making this forum the absolute best for all things Adam, with only sporadic help from a small handful of people.  I love and appreciate EVERYONE who contributes to this forum, from VampFever's wonderful spreadsheets to TikiRose's Twitter counts, to VistaDiva's appearances thread and photos, EVERYONE a who helps Marie bring in tweets & vids...you're all AMAZING, and THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!  :flowers:  :flowers:   :flowers:
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

hotouthere @ Jan 19th 2015, 11:02 PM) *

I do enjoy the tweets leading up the concert but don't expect anyone to kill themselves trying to post the tweets within seconds after they appear during the concert.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

takema' date='Jan 19th 2015, 11:42 PM'

I agree!  

I feel like all the time taken to quickly post everything during the concert takes them out of the social part of "watching" the show "together", that was what I really liked about the concert threads in the past and have been missing more recently.  It's kinda like going out for dinner with a friend and they spend the whole night on their phone, unable to actually carry on a decent conversation.  

I admit I haven't bothered to go to the tour threads during concerts (even when I am home doing nothing) lately because there is no one to talk to during the concert...everyone seems too busy to chat.  I have never been the most prolific poster, but I would slip a couple posts into a convo when I felt like I had something to contribute.

I get that some people would rather just watch the vids, listen to the stream and check out the pics, but I kinda hope that there are some others out there, like me, who miss the interactions amongst ourselves...not just the twitter world.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Love2Lurk @ Jan 19th 2015, 9:41 PM) *

After thinking about where to post media..... I do have a comment to add  flowers.gif

To me it seems more logical to keep articles relating to a particular subject in that subject thread......

It seems more difficult to jump back and forth between the media thread...then to the subject thread to comment ???

Maybe do away with the media thread ????

That is just me thought......whatever works with everyone else will be OK with me  flowers.gif

Marie.....you are the keeper of the info...so whatever works for you ....do that  flowers.gif

Tiki'srose' date='Jan 19th 2015, 11:51 PM'

Love2Lurk, I see your point and the sense it makes but the problem is that the news often pertains to more than one thread.  We have to come up with some ways to help lesson the work load  for Marie because if it wasn't for her, we wouldn't have this wonderful forum to come to. Let's try the one media thread and see how it goes. If it doesn't work, maybe we will have to lesson and consolidate some threads. Right now it's going to be trial and error unless someone can wave their magic wand and come up with the winning answer.  :lol:

Return to “Let's Talk!”