General Talk About Adam

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

hotouthere @ Jan 19th 2015, 11:02 PM) *

I do enjoy the tweets leading up the concert but don't expect anyone to kill themselves trying to post the tweets within seconds after they appear during the concert.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

takema' date='Jan 19th 2015, 11:42 PM'

I agree!  

I feel like all the time taken to quickly post everything during the concert takes them out of the social part of "watching" the show "together", that was what I really liked about the concert threads in the past and have been missing more recently.  It's kinda like going out for dinner with a friend and they spend the whole night on their phone, unable to actually carry on a decent conversation.  

I admit I haven't bothered to go to the tour threads during concerts (even when I am home doing nothing) lately because there is no one to talk to during the concert...everyone seems too busy to chat.  I have never been the most prolific poster, but I would slip a couple posts into a convo when I felt like I had something to contribute.

I get that some people would rather just watch the vids, listen to the stream and check out the pics, but I kinda hope that there are some others out there, like me, who miss the interactions amongst ourselves...not just the twitter world.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Love2Lurk @ Jan 19th 2015, 9:41 PM) *

After thinking about where to post media..... I do have a comment to add  flowers.gif

To me it seems more logical to keep articles relating to a particular subject in that subject thread......

It seems more difficult to jump back and forth between the media thread...then to the subject thread to comment ???

Maybe do away with the media thread ????

That is just me thought......whatever works with everyone else will be OK with me  flowers.gif

Marie.....you are the keeper of the info...so whatever works for you ....do that  flowers.gif

Tiki'srose' date='Jan 19th 2015, 11:51 PM'

Love2Lurk, I see your point and the sense it makes but the problem is that the news often pertains to more than one thread.  We have to come up with some ways to help lesson the work load  for Marie because if it wasn't for her, we wouldn't have this wonderful forum to come to. Let's try the one media thread and see how it goes. If it doesn't work, maybe we will have to lesson and consolidate some threads. Right now it's going to be trial and error unless someone can wave their magic wand and come up with the winning answer.  :lol:
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

aviddem @ Jan 19th 2015, 11:21 PM) *

My two cents: I've been around since 2009 as well, and this forum is LIGHT YEARS better than it was back in the day...you could never FIND anything back then. I love that Marie has things cross-referenced for us. For example, I love to read critics reviews of the shows and concerts. It's awesome that not only are they posted in the individual concert threads, they are all consolidated in the Tour Reviews thread for my reading pleasure  grin.gif

I do also miss the old, free flowing conversations, and a lot of former members, so it's a conundrum. I don't know if the overwhelming amount of media and tweets our boy generates is deterring this free flow, but methinks it's going to get even more overwhelming as Era 3 gets underway and he continues on this path of eventual WORLD DOMINATION!  bleh.gif

I tend to lean OCD, so I much prefer the superb organization over chaos. I can't even imagine how much time and energy Marie devotes to making this forum the absolute best for all things Adam, with only sporadic help from a small handful of people. I love and appreciate EVERYONE who contributes to this forum, from VampFever's wonderful spreadsheets to TikiRose's Twitter counts, to VistaDiva's appearances thread and photos, EVERYONE a who helps Marie bring in tweets & vids...you're all AMAZING, and THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!  flowers.gif  flowers.gif  flowers.gif

takema' date='Jan 20th 2015, 12:01 AM'

I have been here since the beginning too, and completely agree with how much better this forum is in regards to the availability and access to information.  This is thanks to the AMAZING work that people have done (especially Marie).  I love how organized it is and how easy it is to find all the Adam goodies I might want to see.
I don't think it's about the amount of media is the issue, arguably there was even more in the early days after Idol, but everything was posted haphazardly and it was nearly impossible to find something a day or two later.  I do agree that the amount of info we get from Twitter has exploded though, so many more people use it now compared to then.
There is going to be a loss (at least to some degree) of spontaneity with such an incredibly well organized forum, most of it is great, there are threads made for spontaneous free flow convos to happen.  The only place I really miss it myself, is the concert threads.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

donnamb' date='Jan 20th 2015, 12:11 AM'

So, a free-flow thread?  Sort of like what happens at Adamtopia (without the birthday cakes?)  

The problem is, if you want to answer to a free-flow one a day thread, you do have that option (to go to Adamtopia).  But if you want a little organization, this is the home to hang your hat.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

takema @ Jan 19th 2015, 10:42 PM) *

I agree!

I feel like all the time taken to quickly post everything during the concert takes them out of the social part of "watching" the show "together", that was what I really liked about the concert threads in the past and have been missing more recently. It's kinda like going out for dinner with a friend and they spend the whole night on their phone, unable to actually carry on a decent conversation.

I admit I haven't bothered to go to the tour threads during concerts (even when I am home doing nothing) lately because there is no one to talk to during the concert...everyone seems too busy to chat. I have never been the most prolific poster, but I would slip a couple posts into a convo when I felt like I had something to contribute.

I get that some people would rather just watch the vids, listen to the stream and check out the pics, but I kinda hope that there are some others out there, like me, who miss the interactions amongst ourselves...not just the twitter world.

Tiki'srose' date='Jan 20th 2015, 12:13 AM'

Things have changed a great deal since Adam was on Idol. Twitter world keeps us informed of what fans are hearing, media articles, etc. from all over the world. We didn't have that before and we were always scrounging for news.  Adam has gone big time and we have moved with the times too. Not everyone has twitter and only get their news here. It's so hard to please everybody especially now that there is so much happening in the world of Adam but conversations are there for the making all that has to be done is start one. :D
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Tiki'srose @ Jan 19th 2015, 10:51 PM) *

Love2Lurk, I see your point and the sense it makes but the problem is that the news often pertains to more than one thread. We have to come up with some ways to help lesson the work load for Marie because if it wasn't for her, we wouldn't have this wonderful forum to come to. Let's try the one media thread and see how it goes. If it doesn't work, maybe we will have to lesson and consolidate some threads. Right now it's going to be trial and error unless someone can wave their magic wand and come up with the winning answer.  laughing.gif

Love2Lurk' date='Jan 20th 2015, 12:33 AM'

Thank you so much Tiki for all that you & Marie do here on IDF  :flowers:

Seems most articles are specific to one subject...I could be wrong tho  :flowers:

I understand the desire to lesson the load for Marie and mentioned that in my post.....

Whatever methodology you all come up with ...I will learn & follow.....

I was just attempting to offer a comment that I thought might be helpful.... :flowers:

Wondering though...where do we comment on a media article...in the media thread or in the subject thread ???
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

onnamb @ Jan 20th 2015, 12:11 AM) *

So, a free-flow thread? Sort of like what happens at Adamtopia (without the birthday cakes?)

The problem is, if you want to answer to a free-flow one a day thread, you do have that option (to go to Adamtopia). But if you want a little organization, this is the home to hang your hat.

'takema' date='Jan 20th 2015, 12:40 AM'

Since you've always come across as a nice person, I don't think you realize how much that post sounds like a slightly more polite way of saying, if you don't like it GTFO

I'm sure no one want this forum to go to the disorganized chaos it was in the early days. But obviously some people (some who have been here six years and have no intention of going somewhere else) want to see some of the socialization with each other there used to be.

You kinda just told me to screw off when I said I missed my friends. Sure I don't think you meant it that way (so no hard feelings on my part), but someone who shares some of the same feelings as me might read it exactly that way and not feel welcome.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

takema @ Jan 19th 2015, 11:40 PM) *

Since you've always come across as a nice person, I don't think you realize how much that post sounds like a slightly more polite way of saying, if you don't like it GTFO

I'm sure no one want this forum to go to the disorganized chaos it was in the early days. But obviously some people (some who have been here six years and have no intention of going somewhere else) want to see some of the socialization with each other there used to be.

You kinda just told me to screw off when I said I missed my friends. Sure I don't think you meant it that way (so no hard feelings on my part), but someone who shares some of the same feelings as me might read it exactly that way and not feel welcome.

MicheleDE' date='Jan 20th 2015, 2:51 AM

I agree that I don't think she meant it that way at all.

I've been here since 2009 as well... although I didn't really start posting until the summer. When Adam was on Idol, I went to wherever they were talking about Adam, had information, etc. which back then was a LOT of places! Some don't exist anymore. This is where I ended up for good. I didn't like Adam's site very much either, only posted there a few times, mostly to find or sell tickets. I really like the organization this place has, but I also like to be able to talk freely. I have no ideas on how to help Marie, sorry! I hope we find a solution because I don't want her to get burned out, &/or spend so much of her time on it.

I come here to get info mostly, but love to have conversations with the members here.  :)
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Sabine' date='Jan 20th 2015, 4:34 AM'

Since I came to this fandom later I could not experience the "chaos" some people have mentioned. I like the organisation and different threads and getting information very fast. (Kudos to Marie who is doing a terrific job! :flowers: )

I appreciate the links to articles and reports, but mostly scroll through the legions of tweets, many are from Adam fans and I already know they love Adam. Interesting for me are mostly those from business people/news sites/magazines/radio stations.

To be honest, I do not really understand why an Adam fan would not at least check twitter (you can do this without having an account) or create an account (takes around 30 seconds time) especially since Adam himself is using this medium as his main information source or to interact with fans. You just have to follow Adam and perhaps some fans (Gelly comes to my mind) and get all the information immediately.

I am missing the lively discussions and sharing different opinions which took place when I came here the first time. Hopefully with the next era we will get new fans and some fresh "blood".
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Sabine @ Jan 20th 2015, 9:34 AM) *

And - my ever lasting pet peeve - I am hoping that WB and Adams management are working on a new official homepage which deserves the name. New fans are usually checking the official site first and Adams site is disastrous. Looks like nothing was done during that "limbo" until Adams new label was confirmed.

okelani' date='Jan 20th 2015, 4:42 AM'

OMG this. And you know what I hope for? That WB or DMG is getting http://www.adamlambert.com for him. I think it belonged to a fan previously, at it least was a fan page. I also remember the last post was from years ago. And now it's been empty for quite some time now. I'm hoping for a grand opening in April  :thumbs: YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST  :ph34r:

Also yeah, why aren't some people on twitter? It's easier than being a member here tbh  :D What's keeping you? Imo it's part of the fandom experience.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

donnamb @ Jan 19th 2015, 11:11 PM) *

So, a free-flow thread? Sort of like what happens at Adamtopia (without the birthday cakes?)

The problem is, if you want to answer to a free-flow one a day thread, you do have that option (to go to Adamtopia). But if you want a little organization, this is the home to hang your hat.

'♥JM♥' date='Jan 20th 2015, 4:55 AM'

Yeah, more like a free flow.More discussions, more opinions,variety.Basically what makes a forum.All this media info in different threads is making it harder to have discussions.Besides:In this age of social media, people don't interact.it's like I have a facebook, I don't need to see you to know what's up.

And no to the Adamtopia.I prefer here for many reasons.

Making a forum is a group effort, it's people who make the forum for what it is, it's  not a one woman show, not even Marie's.The key is to keep people interested, to make them come back.To particiapate.OK, maybe that's mostly Adam's job. :haha: But to whom do you post all the info if there are no members to show some interest?If there are no members posting, you'll be posting here by yourself and what is the point of that?Lurkers are good too but it's not the same as active members.

Why is the concept of the forum changing into some media source?Where is the balance of it all?

I want to read people's thoughts mostly, to interact with other fans, that what forum means to me.And it can be organisized as well.That's why there are mods.Why can't we have both?New era, afterall.

And I don't know about any chaos.I've been here on and off about 3 years.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

♥JM♥' date='Jan 20th 2015, 5:39 AM'

By the way: Who is Adam's manager?

ETA: and replying to myself: Direct Management Group

Booking Info:
Jeff Frasco, CAA

I've never heard before.Like there's a lot of talk about Shoshanna (PR) but no talk about this Jeff Frasco.He doesn't interact then?Isn't it manager's job also to promote the artist and organisize things?Important position.Or is this old info?
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

♥JM♥ @ Jan 20th 2015, 10:39 AM

Booking Info:
Jeff Frasco, CAA

I've never heard before.Like there's a lot of talk about Shoshanna (PR) but no talk about this Jeff Frasco.He doesn't interact then?Isn't it manager's job also to promote the artist and organisize things?Important position.Or is this old info?

Sabine' date='Jan 20th 2015, 6:20 AM'

Jeff Frasco is not Adams manager.

DMG is his management group and they are obviously doing a great job. I believe Martin Kirkup is his "personal" manager.
Warner Bros. CEO Cameron Strang on Why He Signed Adam Lambert

"You reacted quickly when Adam became a free agent. What was going through your head at the time he and RCA split?"

"Cameron Strang: We've all been big fans of Adam's, and we're also big fans of DMG's Steve Jensen, Martin Kirkup and Bradford Cobb. We reached out to them and then this interesting partnership started to form with Max Martin and Shellback, who we do quite a lot of business with. So we all got together and discussed it and thought this would be such an incredible team creatively. It has all the ingredients to succeed if we aligned."

CAA, Creative Artists Agency, is a different company.

Perhaps someone can explain what Frascos job is, the difference or distinction is not quite clear to me. I always thought people have to contact DMG when they want to book Adam?
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

♥JM♥ @ Jan 20th 2015, 10:39 AM

Booking Info:
Jeff Frasco, CAA

Mateja' date='Jan 20th 2015, 7:00 AM'

Martin Kirkup, Bradford Cobb and Steven Jensen are partners at Direct Management Group and Kirkup and Jensen are usually the guys mentioned in articles. I have no idea who is Adam's day to day manager.

CAA is Creative Artists Agency.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

madamimadam' date='Jan 20th 2015, 7:14 AM'

Just read through this thread and I have an idea for the concert days....

How about we have a "General Concert Chatroom" thread in the main forum (not the sub-forum).

It would be an ongoing thread that includes ALL concerts as they happen.

The individual concert threads in the sub-forum could be filled with pics and tweets and such after the concerts are even over the next day or two.

It would relieve the pressure on those of you who work so hard to keep up DURING the concert. Instead of posting everything, just favorite things for later posting.

What do you guys think?
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

'♥JM♥' date='Jan 20th 2015, 7:24 AM'

OK, sabine I just googled it and it came up.nevertheless: There's so little talk about Adam's management and their role (or lack of) in Adam's career.Isn't it manager's job to push him into the different media, book him gigs and make him known?And there's a person behind management, a manager whose job is to handle it.

Martin Kirkup,huh? *googlegooglegoogle*

Seems Direct management has 5 artists: Conway, Ferras, Adam Lambert,K.D. lang and Katy Perry.

These managers are a bit mystery although their role seems very important to me.Work behind the scenes.

----> http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news...reach-her-goals

Now Kirkup and co. Do your thing with Adam. :teehe
e:
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life' date='Jan 20th 2015, 10:49 AM

I don't know, guys. Go to Adam's page on the DMG website, and Frasco is listed as his booking agent.

http://directmanagement.com/adam-lambert/
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life @ Jan 20th 2015, 3:49 PM

I don't know, guys. Go to Adam's page on the DMG website, and Frasco is listed as his booking agent.

http://directmanagement.com/adam-lambert/

Mateja' date='Jan 20th 2015, 12:15 PM'

And he is from CAA.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Mateja @ Jan 20th 2015, 11:15 AM

And he is from CAA.

Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life' date='Jan 20th 2015, 12:37 PM'

Exactly my point. Why would DMG have him listed as Adam's booking agent, if he was no more?

Return to “Let's Talk!”