General Talk About Adam

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

svca' date='Jan 19th 2015, 3:58 PM'

Chiming in on jm's question re tweets....some of us aren't on twitter and the tweets brought in by marie and others are very much appreciated  :flowers:
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

♥JM♥' date='Jan 19th 2015, 4:02 PM'

svca: OK!I'm not on Twitter myself.I get tired just by looking at it. :lol:  But understood.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

sandyrk' date='Jan 19th 2015, 4:13 PM'

Please keep the tweets!!!
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

hotouthere' date='Jan 19th 2015, 5:02 PM'

Most of the tweets in the non-tweet threads are put there along with various articles and other interesting content and mainly used to give credit to the person providing the original content.  Otherwise, some tweets help to stimulate conversation.  I know it is hard to pick and choose which tweets are worth posting so this results in an overabundance of tweets being posted.  

I figure more is better than nothing at all!   :yes:  :thumbs:
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Mateja' date='Jan 19th 2015, 5:16 PM'

Bringing tweets over to this forum is generally appreciated  - however, there is no need to bring over EVERY.SINGLE.TWEET about Adam. Sometimes tweets with the same information are posted over and over and often in many different languages.  Be more selective, please.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

aviddem' date='Jan 19th 2015, 5:18 PM'

TEAM TWATS.  The more, the better.  :w00twave:
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

♥JM♥' date='Jan 19th 2015, 5:28 PM'

Well...seems there is no fear for tweets to end.Marie is even in two threads at the same time.How is possible?

What about people who has the Twitter?They have things twice here and Twitter.In my thinking the forum is more about the discussions about the chosen topics and Twitter is whatever you want it to be for yourself.And then some other social media.

Maybe it's even turn off to some (potential) fans when it's so much. That's what lokelani said in another thread.Twitter summary.

This place existed before Twitter or at least without ( so much) tweets before.

It's not very inviting IMO.

I still think less is more. :bleh:
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

'
Tiki'srose' date='Jan 19th 2015, 5:46 PM'

There are many on this forum who are not on twitter and enjoy reading the many tweets that are posted. Also they are in different threads because not everyone on here always has time to read all the threads and some tweets pertain to more than one thread.

Marie works very hard to keep everyone up to date on what is happening as well as others who have found tweets which they think are of interest.  You can't check every thread to see if it has already been posted

These tweets are coming in from all over the world and it is nice to hear what his fans   or new fans as well as what the critics are saying whether they sound the same or not.

For those who have trouble with all the tweets, just pick & chose what you want to read or ignore them completely. It's that simple. :D
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

madamimadam' date='Jan 19th 2015, 6:09 PM'

There is a lot of truth in what JM is saying though. I've been worried about the board too. Remember this thread?

http://idolforums.com/index.php?showtopic=710016

However, I'm not buying into the premise that the cause of the problem is having the tweets here.

I think it's nice to have a one-place-get-all-the-information on one board (although it's a lot of friggin' work and there are days when I just want to walk away from it all!).

In order to have conversations, the members have to post and reply to others....

I realize that there's a normal ebb-and-flow to any board, members come and go... for a multitude of reasons, but I do miss the convos that used to take place here and the hilarious/thoughtful/emotional/insightful/informative stuff you could read in a convo.

It's our board! It ain't mine (or anyone else's in particular), if we want it to change, WE have to make it happen.

IMHO....

:)
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

misswood' date='Jan 19th 2015, 6:17 PM

might make everybody happy. How about bring in all tweets except the ones where Adam is pimping other singers. That would help cut the tweets down considerably.  :lol:
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

misswood @ Jan 19th 2015, 5:17 PM

I have a solution that might make everybody happy. How about bring in all tweets except the ones where Adam is pimping other singers. That would help cut the tweets down considerably.  laughing.gif

madamimadam' date='Jan 19th 2015, 6:18 PM'

*snort* So true! Sad, but true!!!!!

:roll:
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

madamimadam @ Jan 19th 2015, 5:09 PM

There is a lot of truth in what JM is saying though. I've been worried about the board too. Remember this thread?

http://idolforums.com/index.php?showtopic=710016

However, I'm not buying into the premise that the cause of the problem is having the tweets here.

I think it's nice to have a one-place-get-all-the-information on one board (although it's a lot of friggin' work and there are days when I just want to walk away from it all!).

In order to have conversations, the members have to post and reply to others....

I realize that there's a normal ebb-and-flow to any board, members come and go... for a multitude of reasons, but I do miss the convos that used to take place here and the hilarious/thoughtful/emotional/insightful/informative stuff you could read in a convo.

It's our board! It ain't mine (or anyone else's in particular), if we want it to change, WE have to make it happen.

IMHO....

original.gif

Tiki'srose' date='Jan 19th 2015, 6:19 PM'

Very true Marie, that convo's have to be started but I think when the concerts are going and people are pressed for time there isn't much time for convo's, as everyone is catching up on what has been happening or happening and then have to get back to real life.  Maybe I am wrong but that's my thought. :)
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

madamimadam @ Jan 19th 2015, 6:18 PM

*snort* So true! Sad, but true!!!!!

roll2.gif

misswood' date='Jan 19th 2015, 6:19 PM'

I know I would definitely enjoy it.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Tiki'srose @ Jan 19th 2015, 5:19 PM

Very true Marie, that convo's have to be started but I think when the concerts are going and people are pressed for time there isn't much time for convo's, as everyone is catching up on what has been happening or happening and then have to get back to real life. Maybe I am wrong but that's my thought. original.gif

madamimadam' date='Jan 19th 2015, 6:29 PM' post='26679737']
That's a good point. I know that on concert days, I'm nuts from 7:00 a.m. until midnight... and when there are two shows in a row, well....

I just finished updating all the OP's for the videos and then we have two concerts in a row again and I still have to finish the December Treasure Chest of Links... No rest for the wicked! :roll:

And as far as the twitter stuff goes, I've tried my damnedest during the concerts to be 'conservative' in what I RT for you guys and yet I have ended in twitter jail for each and every friggin' concert!
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

JM♥' date='Jan 19th 2015, 6:32 PM'

Thanks Marie. :flowers:  

I'm not on Twitter and I'm still scrolling through the sea of red.

I'm sure people who are here every day are used to them and appreciate them.And I guess it's one of Marie's things to do.

But when it's slow and you still have to scroll through what's left?

What if you were the new poster, what would you want to see here?

Marie: Don't make this as your work, it shouldn't be.It suppose to be fun hobby.I'm sure nobody expects you to keep this board alive all by yourself.Or your responsibility.I get that most of the time you enjoy what you do but when it starts to feel like responsibility or work it's gone wrong.

Ofcourse it's not all about the tweets.I think the most part (for me at least) it is/was the fact that no new music from Adam in such a long time.And not much anything else either (don't kill me!)Got tired of waiting.Interest faded/shiftet to other things.But now there's new era happening.And maybe things will pick up, I'm hopefull.At least I'm going to check more often now that I know that in fact something is happening.

IMO. :flowers:
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

madamimadam' date='Jan 19th 2015, 6:40 PM'

JM: I agree that the lack of new music has left many fans kind of bored with Adam's fandom.

I also agree that now that new music/label is getting closer (it's not even Maypril anymore, it's April!!!!), fans will resurface, at least I really hope so.

As far as the sea of red that confronts you (and others), I'm wracking my brain to find a solution... I don't know... Create a one-size-fits-all thread where I dump the lot in? But then, if you're only interested in certain things, you have to go through the whole lot.

Right now, I put stuff in their respective threads (3rd Album, QAL tour, Adam-related, American Idol, etc.)...

I can't figure out how to make this work for everyone...

Chip in with ideas, guys!!!! I'm at a loss..
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

m
adamimadam @ Jan 19th 2015, 5:40 PM

JM: I agree that the lack of new music has left many fans kind of bored with Adam's fandom.

I also agree that now that new music/label is getting closer (it's not even Maypril anymore, it's April!!!!), fans will resurface, at least I really hope so.

As far as the sea of red that confronts you (and others), I'm wracking my brain to find a solution... I don't know... Create a one-size-fits-all thread where I dump the lot in? But then, if you're only interested in certain things, you have to go through the whole lot.

Right now, I put stuff in their respective threads (3rd Album, QAL tour, Adam-related, American Idol, etc.)...

I can't figure out how to make this work for everyone...

Chip in with ideas, guys!!!! I'm at a loss...

Tiki'srose' date='Jan 19th 2015, 7:05 PM'

Well I see we are having a conversation. :haha:

I don't think there really is an answer. I know yesterday, I said I would just pick and choose what I brought in from the concert and it was darn impossible to pick and choose.  Yes, I did leave some out not because I wanted to, only in order to keep up.

However, having said that, I know it's hard for you too, but you are working too long at it every day and its going to catch up with you in the end and we want you here. :hug:
The one thing you will never do, is please everyone and I think the majority of us have been happy as things stand.  :yes:

Would just putting the editorials into one thread only, and not bother putting them in other threads help somewhat. Same with the concerts, just put the tweets, pics & videos pertaining to that concert in its thread and not bother putting them elsewhere. I don't know if that would be a good idea or not, I am just thinking here. :)
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Tiki'srose @ Jan 19th 2015, 6:05 PM

Would just putting the editorials into one thread only, and not bother putting them in other threads help somewhat. Same with the concerts, just put the tweets, pics & videos pertaining to that concert in its thread and not bother putting them elsewhere. I don't know if that would be a good idea or not, I am just thinking here. original.gif
madamimadam' date='Jan 19th 2015, 7:11 PM'

Would just putting the editorials into one thread only, and not bother putting them in other threads help somewhat.

.... hmmmm.... that might work... Just put all of the articles in the "Online Media Thread"... AI, QAL, Reviews....

Again, people would have to sort through it, but it would stop the double-posting....
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

madamimadam @ Jan 19th 2015, 6:11 PM

Would just putting the editorials into one thread only, and not bother putting them in other threads help somewhat.

.... hmmmm.... that might work... Just put all of the articles in the "Online Media Thread"... AI, QAL, Reviews....

Again, people would have to sort through it, but it would stop the double-posting....

Tiki'srose' date='Jan 19th 2015, 7:22 PM'

Even though people would have to sort through it, I don't think it would be that hard because for the most part they are usually on the same subject except when you have something like his idol judging in the middle. But right now  the editorials etc are  basically the concerts.  The tweet that goes with the online media tells you what it is and then it is up to everyone whether they want to read it.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

madamimadam @ Jan 18th 2015, 1:27 PM

I am so overwhelmed with joy and happiness for everything going on with Adam right now!

He's having a ball fronting Queen for a few more weeks.

He was signed by Warners within 24 HOURS of walking out of RCA! Before Queen. Before iHeart. Before Glee... They wanted ADAM!!!!

He has a top notch executive producer team for his upcoming album.

We are getting a single in April!!!

He just bought himself a gorgeous house... paid CASH!

He has a beautiful new Bentley!

The UK reviews are to die for...

I walk around with this huge sh!t-eating grin on my face and can't seem to stop... while at the same time getting teary-eyed for all the wonderful stuff happening for Adam right now!!!!

Le Sigh!!!!

That is all... original.gif

MicheleDE' date='Jan 19th 2015, 7:53 PM'

Amen to ALL of THIS!!!!

My heart is just bursting with pride and joy, sometimes I can't contain it!!!!
ImageImage

and for the nay-sayers, I just wanna say suck it!  :bleh:

Return to “Let's Talk!”