General Talk About Adam

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Moonlightchiara:6334 wrote:Did you hear that one of the TV stations (NBC?) is planning on doing Rocky Horror? My first thought was that Adam would be perfect for the lead, but the more I think about it, the more I feel that it wouldn't be in his best interest to do the whole drag thing now. I personally would love to see him do it, but I don't think that's the direction he's going in. Any thoughts?
I agree! I think Adam has outgrown his "I'm wild! Take me or leave me!" younger years and is grown into a man who is wiser and more confident in who he is (although he kinda always was). He got tired of the guyliner/heavy make up/glitter look and is moving into 'adulthood' gracefully.

He's trying to appeal to a wider audience and the QAL tour showed a great growth in him as a performer...

Time will tell, I guess.

:Smile:
svca

Post by svca »

Moonlightchiara:6334 wrote:Did you hear that one of the TV stations (NBC?) is planning on doing Rocky Horror? My first thought was that Adam would be perfect for the lead, but the more I think about it, the more I feel that it wouldn't be in his best interest to do the whole drag thing now. I personally would love to see him do it, but I don't think that's the direction he's going in. Any thoughts?  (Not that there was any mention of Adam or anyone else. Nothing about casting)
Don't know why, but I love Adam in drag....he's so gorgeous.  One of my very favorite pics is the Halloween one of him in the pink dress.

But I think you're right, that's not the direction he's going in right now.  He's definitely got that whole masculine image going on, and it seems to be working as far as new fans are concerned.

Also, I think he's really concentrating on the music right now, especially with a new label.
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

Moonlightchiara:6334 wrote:Did you hear that one of the TV stations (NBC?) is planning on doing Rocky Horror? My first thought was that Adam would be perfect for the lead, but the more I think about it, the more I feel that it wouldn't be in his best interest to do the whole drag thing now. I personally would love to see him do it, but I don't think that's the direction he's going in. Any thoughts?  (Not that there was any mention of Adam or anyone else. Nothing about casting)
I think you are all correct...he has a new, more sophisticated image.  I'm going to directly credit DMG for that change since it started to evolve right after they took over his management.  He's going to appeal to a much broader (no pun intended :wink: ) audience for Era 3.  DMG has done a great job grooming him for this.
donnamb

Post by donnamb »

vistadiva:6368 wrote:
I think you are all correct...he has a new, more sophisticated image.  I'm going to directly credit DMG for that change since it started to evolve right after they took over his management.  He's going to appeal to a much broader (no pun intended :wink: ) audience for Era 3.  DMG has done a great job grooming him for this.
NGL - Rocky Horror has a place in my history.  Saw the play on broadway when I was in college way back when.  My date, also in college, knew the ways of getting backstage after performances, and my Playbill now graces autographs from three of the players (including Tim Curry) as well as Adam's.  
Then came the movie, which most people know.  

If memory serves, Tim Curry was an established stage actor, and RH just was a one-off campy thing.  Except then everything he did thereafter was camp.
adamazing

Post by adamazing »

donnamb:7144 wrote:
vistadiva:6368 wrote:
NGL - Rocky Horror has a place in my history.  Saw the play on broadway when I was in college way back when.  My date, also in college, knew the ways of getting backstage after performances, and my Playbill now graces autographs from three of the players (including Tim Curry) as well as Adam's.  
Then came the movie, which most people know.  

If memory serves, Tim Curry was an established stage actor, and RH just was a one-off campy thing.  Except then everything he did thereafter was camp.
Oh to have seen RH on Broadway!  That would be amazing.  And how wonderful to get both Tim Curry and Adam to sign the playbill!
[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a101/rlitzau/signature2.jpg[/img]
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

Just saw this on TV...on Hoda and Cathy Lee. They had some entertainment reporter on discussing some of the new Hollywood projects coming up. He mentioned Rocky Horror.  AND said that Adam Lambert was being mentioned/considered for it.

The girls response?  Oh, we haven't heard from him in a long time (meaning Is He Still Around?).

And I'm screaming at my TV......Just wait a minute..wait 1 week. You're going to be BEGGING for him to be on your show.  :celebrate:  :celebrate:  :celebrate:  :thumbsup:
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

It is ...FOX....doing the remake of RH

Would love for Adam to land this part ..... :wub:

Twitter is ...all a twitter about it ..... :yes:
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
Moonlightchiara

Post by Moonlightchiara »

Love2Lurk:7302 wrote:It is ...FOX....doing the remake of RH

I would love to see him do this, too. But don't you think this would set him back in the mainstream public's eye?  He has said he doesn't want to be pigeonholed as "that gay singer", and he's worked hard to overcome that perception of him as a flamboyant gay. Doing this, I think, would just reinforce that stereotype.

We all know he is TALENTED!!!!, gorgeous, multifaceted, and fabulous however he chooses to present himself. But mainstream America, although they are coming around to his talent, have a harder time accepting the "glam" persona Adam used to project. Like it or not, there will always be a segment who won't even give him a chance because of that. So I think he needs to distance himself from that image to open himself to a wider audience. And I think that is what he is doing. Glam Adam is only one aspect of who he is. He is now showing the world other aspects of himself. No matter how much we (or even Adam himself) might like him to do Rocky Horror, professionally -at this time- I think it might be a mistake. But that's just MHO.
Paula

Post by Paula »

Moonlightchiara:7552 wrote:

I would love to see him do this, too. But don't you think this would set him back in the mainstream public's eye?  He has said he doesn't want to be pigeonholed as "that gay singer", and he's worked hard to overcome that perception of him as a flamboyant gay. Doing this, I think, would just reinforce that stereotype.

We all know he is TALENTED!!!!, gorgeous, multifaceted, and fabulous however he chooses to present himself. But mainstream America, although they are coming around to his talent, have a harder time accepting the "glam" persona Adam used to project. Like it or not, there will always be a segment who won't even give him a chance because of that. So I think he needs to distance himself from that image to open himself to a wider audience. And I think that is what he is doing. Glam Adam is only one aspect of who he is. He is now showing the world other aspects of himself. No matter how much we (or even Adam himself) might like him to do Rocky Horror, professionally -at this time- I think it might be a mistake. But that's just MHO.
I'm with you on this. As much as I'd LOVE to see him do something like this and be on my TV for a straight 2+ hours in a starring role, it would set him back a bit, as far as that stuff is concerned.
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

Moonlightchiara:7552 wrote:

It's also MHO.  Your asessment is spot on :thumbsup:  As I've said before, Adam, with the help of DMG has worked very hard to erase that "gay glam singer" stereotype.  

That persona (in part) was accepted during QAL, because he was channeling QUEEN during it's heyday when Freddie was one of the most OTT stars out there.  I personally loved it (yeah...look at my siggie :lmfao:  :lmfao: ), but now is the time for a more sophisticated and grounded Adam.  IMO that's the Era 3 Adam...and it will bring him the major broad based success he and we been looking for.

So, bye-bye, Glam Adam...we'll never forget ya!
sandyrk

Post by sandyrk »

I do miss wearing all the glitter, but my wardrobe will be looking up this era, and I know that there will be more QAL to come.

My daughter is due Saturday and Adam is due Tuesday.  I walk around in  state of constant anticipation.  it's kinda cool! :lmfao:  :faint:

At some point, I imagine we'll see a more androgynous Adam again.  He seems to enjoy it (and I definitely enjoy it).  Just not now...
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

sandyrk:7556 wrote:I do miss wearing all the glitter, but my wardrobe will be looking up this era, and I know that there will be more QAL to come.

My daughter is due Saturday and Adam is due Tuesday.  I walk around in  state of constant anticipation.  it's kinda cool! :lmfao:  :faint:

At some point, I imagine we'll see a more androgynous Adam again.  He seems to enjoy it (and I definitely enjoy it).  Just not now...
You may be right, Sandy.  When he feels that he's a big enough star, he may choose to become the next NPH....and do whatever the hell he wants!

And...congrats on your daughter presenting you with Grandma duties!!  :flowers:
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

Someone posted this on my Twitter feed.....bringing it here, 'cause what a difference a few years makes...and IMHO, one of his best interviews ever.

ILHSM 'cause no matter what it is....he always owns it.

[youtube][/youtube]
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

You are all probably quite right in your thinking.  I never for one moment thought of it that way.  To me it was an acclaimed musical and still is today, and because Adam has done theatre, can really act as well as have the voice to carry it, I thought he would be perfect for the show, but not if it going to set him back.  Then I wouldn't want him to do it.

He has come so far, where now, they just refer to him as Adam, as it should have been in the first place, but unfortunately was not, but in the end no matter what we think or not think, it will be Adam's decision in the end, should he be asked, whether he wants to do it or not.  :Smile:
Moonlightchiara

Post by Moonlightchiara »

Tiki, don't get me wrong. I think he'd be perfect for the part, too. I just don't think the part is perfect for him - at this time. And you're right....Adam will do whatever he wants, if and when he wants. We'll just have fun watching and sharing in whatever that is! Cause boy is fiiiiiiiine!
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Moonlightchiara:8863 wrote:Tiki, don't get me wrong. I think he'd be perfect for the part, too. I just don't think the part is perfect for him - at this time. And you're right....Adam will do whatever he wants, if and when he wants. We'll just have fun watching and sharing in whatever that is! Cause boy is fiiiiiiiine!

No Moonlightchiara, I understood where you were coming from. :hug:  And I have to agree, that the part isn't perfect for him at this time.  I just wasn't thinking of the repercussions of playing in this particular show might have on him when finally the media is talking about his music, vocals etc. and not his sexuality. :Smile:  

In your words....."Cause boy is fiiiiiiiiiine"  and he keeps us on our toes daily. :laugh:
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

I see what you all are saying...

However....I would still love for Adam to land this part.....

It would be perfect for him.....I feel the timing may be right for Adam to do something like this....

However....we shall see  :flowers:
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
donnamb

Post by donnamb »

I'm still out to sea on Adam doing Rocky Horror.  Why would that even be contemporary?  
Hmm, how to display my Playbill from the broadway production?
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

donnamb:8959 wrote:I'm still out to sea on Adam doing Rocky Horror.  Why would that even be contemporary?  
Hmm, how to display my Playbill from the broadway production?
If you have the image on your computer, click on "Attach file" right beneath the post screen.

If it's a url, click on Img box above, paste url, click on Img box again.

:thumbsup:
"It is what it is!"
sandra

Post by sandra »

If Adam ever does Rocky Horror, he might have to display a lot more skin than he's used to!
I think it's more likely he'll get JC Superstar. Maybe with Jared Leto as Jesus?

Return to “Let's Talk!”