General Talk About Adam

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
Sealuv
2015-09-25 GEBA Arena I - Buenos Aires, Argentina

Post by Sealuv »

Paula » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:35 pm wrote:No offense, but I'm not here to talk about Sauli, and I'm sure there are other Adam fans who feel the same. Only here for Adam. ::superninja::
Paula ....know what you are saying.....but if Terrance were here in Argentina to support adam...i'm sure you would have no problem with the mention of his arrival in this thread...... Sauli is a friend, just like Terrance...regardless of the past ......so i have no qualms that he, Sauli, has been intro'd here.... ::heart::
Paula

Post by Paula »

Sealuv » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:49 pm wrote:
Paula » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:35 pm wrote:No offense, but I'm not here to talk about Sauli, and I'm sure there are other Adam fans who feel the same. Only here for Adam. ::superninja::
Paula ....know what you are saying.....but if Terrance were here in Argentina to support adam...i'm sure you would have no problem with the mention of his arrival in this thread...... Sauli is a friend, just like Terrance...regardless of the past ......so i have no qualms that he, Sauli, has been intro'd here.... ::heart::
The mention is one thing. The speculation and continued conversation about it, is another. I realize that's what we do as a fandom, is speculate, but I really don't like speculating on his personal life. It's his life, and his only, and in my opinion, I don't think has a place here to be discussed. I know that there are others who feel the same way and would rather just discuss Adam. Isn't he what we are all here for?
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
Carmi

Post by Carmi »

Noooooo, Terrance is a ~friend. Sauli is an ex lover. Big difference. Huge difference.

I agree with Paula. I don't like to read about Sauli here either. They broke up ages ago. jmo
Paula

Post by Paula »

Carmi » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:18 pm wrote:I agree with Paula. I don't like to read about Sauli here either. They broke up ages ago. jmo
Thank you, Carmi. Time for the fandom to move on and stop speculating over Adam's personal life.

If people want to speculate, my suggestion is to maybe create an off-topic Adam thread and do it there, where those of us who don't want to read about it, don't have to.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

I disagree, Paula. Sauli showed up in Buenos Aires and it was mentioned here with a few posts discussing the 'what ifs' of their relationship and the thread will carry on to its basic intent. By you making an issue of it, you have created more of a mountain out of a molehill.

We already have a General Talk about Adam thread and see no need for a special thread because of 5-6 posts about an ex showing up!
"It is what it is!"
Paula

Post by Paula »

madamimadam » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:31 pm wrote:I disagree, Paula. Sauli showed up in Buenos Aires and it was mentioned here with a few posts discussing the 'what ifs' of their relationship and the thread will carry on to its basic intent. By you making an issue of it, you have created more of a mountain out of a molehill.

We already have a General Talk about Adam thread and see no need for a special thread because of 5-6 posts about an ex showing up!
Okay, but it wasn't just me who expressed disinterest about the topic.
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

madamimadam » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:11 pm wrote:
Hrithika » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:58 pm wrote:here is his snapchat recorded by Mia Chihu

[bbvideo=560,315]https://youtu.be/7OUxRgbuE7g[/bbvideo]
and the translation

Miachihu 1h1 hour ago
Sauli's snapchat 20150923 from Buenos Aires with translation http://bit.ly/1ix67ch
I think I can hear Adam's laugh....at one point ::flowers::

I am not a shipper either......try to stay away from that ::rolleyes::

I was just very sad to see Adam hurt in anyway ::wub::

However....it seems they are.... if nothing else....good friends....

This chat seems to be in Buenos Aires.....so it seems appropriate here to me....if it were another friend we would probably comment on it .....

With the little convo going on....I am happy to see a little convo here & there ..... ::flowers::

Good idea tho Paula for a thread for extended shipping or other off topic stuff ::flowers:: ::thumbsup::
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
Sealuv

Post by Sealuv »

Love2Lurk » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:39 pm wrote:
madamimadam » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:11 pm wrote:
Hrithika » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:58 pm wrote:here is his snapchat recorded by Mia Chihu

[bbvideo=560,315]https://youtu.be/7OUxRgbuE7g[/bbvideo]
and the translation

Miachihu 1h1 hour ago
Sauli's snapchat 20150923 from Buenos Aires with translation http://bit.ly/1ix67ch
I think I can hear Adam's laugh....at one point ::flowers::

I am not a shipper either......try to stay away from that ::rolleyes::

I was just very sad to see Adam hurt in anyway ::wub::

However....it seems they are.... if nothing else....good friends....

This chat seems to be in Buenos Aires.....so it seems appropriate here to me....if it were another friend we would probably comment on it .....

With the little convo going on....I am happy to see a little convo here & there ..... ::flowers::

Good idea tho Paula for a thread for extended shipping or other off topic stuff ::flowers:: ::thumbsup::
idk ...but think we take this whole thing way too seriously.........come on guys ........it is so minimal .......Sauli/Adam ....who really cares???...really???.......what i care about is the support Adam gets from his friends...and Sauli IS a friend..........and so the frickin' what that he is an ex-lover.........geeze!........sometimes i think we all need to sit back...do a bit of reality check ...and just chill big time,,,,,...
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

idk ...but think we take this whole thing way too seriously.........come on guys ........it is so minimal .......Sauli/Adam ....who really cares???...really???.......what i care about is the support Adam gets from his friends...and Sauli IS a friend..........and so the frickin' what that he is an ex-lover.........geeze!........sometimes i think we all need to sit back...do a bit of reality check ...and just chill big time,,,,,...[/quote]

yes....it seems QAL had a few days here......so Adam probably needed a travel buddy....S is also very good with languages ...so he would be of help to Adam.....

Who knows.....yes.....we can ...chill ::flowers::
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
Sealuv

Post by Sealuv »

madamimadam » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:29 pm wrote:
Hrithika » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:55 pm wrote:QUESTION to the bosses ::hello:: or others

pics from adams promo day today where shall it be posted in this thread or in Adams promo thread or Queenbert general ????

Bit confuse where they belongs ::unsure::
I'm doing my Daily News thread right now and put all of the press junket in the TOH Promo section.

::thumbsup::

P.S. I hadn't read until the end of the thread. Paula, you were absolutely right!!!! ::highfive::
out of curiosity...why is Paula right? we censor here, in your thread, anything that has to do with adam's life beyond his career ...sooooo boring.......have to say luved IDF we were able to have fun there and speculate on so many things.......which i feel ...if adam were a part of all this......"yeah........go for it".............
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

Sealuv » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:43 pm wrote:
Hrithika » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:55 pm wrote:QUESTION to the bosses ::hello:: or others

pics from adams promo day today where shall it be posted in this thread or in Adams promo thread or Queenbert general ????

I'm doing my Daily News thread right now and put all of the press junket in the TOH Promo section.

P.S. I hadn't read until the end of the thread. Paula, you were absolutely right!!!! ::highfive::
out of curiosity...why is Paula right? we censor here, in your thread, anything that has to do with adam's life beyond his career ...sooooo boring.......have to say luved IDF we were able to have fun there and speculate on so many things.......which i feel ...if adam were a part of all this......"yeah........go for it".............
things got a little jumbled..... ::derrderr::

I think Marie was saying....'you are right'....about where to place the Adam GT promo stuff ::rolleyes::

not the ....A & S stuff.....IDK ::rolleyes:: ::haha::
Sealuv

Post by Sealuv »

Love2Lurk » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:48 pm wrote:

I think Marie was saying....'you are right'....about where to place the Adam GT promo stuff ::rolleyes::

OK...will get off my righteous platform..... ::haha::
donnamb

Post by donnamb »

Just popped up to say I don't mind seeing a few posts about Sauli apparently visiting Adam. They're still friends enough to enjoy each others' company, and that's good to see. I'm not going to speculate what else they may do beside dining out and sightseeing.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Sealuv » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:55 pm wrote:

*knocks you off your righteous platform*

I was talking about where to put the promo stuff!!!!

So quick to jump to conclusions!!!!!

::bleh::
"It is what it is!"
Sealuv

Post by Sealuv »

madamimadam » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:39 pm wrote:
Sealuv » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:55 pm wrote:

*knocks you off your righteous platform*

I was talking about where to put the promo stuff!!!!

So quick to jump to conclusions!!!!!

::bleh::
my modus operandi .... ::grin:: ......
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Sealuv » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:52 pm wrote: my modus operandi .... ::grin:: ......
And we love you just the way you are....

BTW, if you guys want to have more fun and laughs, you have to learn to talk to each other!!!!!

Just sayin'.... ::winking::
"It is what it is!"
Sealuv

Post by Sealuv »

madamimadam » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:04 pm wrote:
Sealuv » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:52 pm wrote: my modus operandi .... ::grin:: ......

BTW, if you guys want to have more fun and laughs, you have to learn to talk to each other!!!!!

so agree .....miss our silly banter...and the bits of controversy among ourselves.....makes life and the threads more interesting.... ::grin:: ::heart:: ::thumbup::
Carmi

Post by Carmi »

I don't want to muck up this thread too badly, so Marie you can move my comment if you like. I won't feel hurt or offended if you do.

Seeing as how I commented and agreed with Paula, I want to make clear what I meant in my comment.

Everyone can discuss Sauli till their hearts content. It's still a free forum for that. I just don't want to read about him or any other love interest, hookup, boyfriend or what have you in a thread about Adam and a concert. That's just me. It disrupts the flow for the information that I want. That's all I.m saying. My time gets tight and I need to make fast use of it to read the information that I want.

I said that Terrance was a ~friend and Sauli was an ex lover for the simple reason that Terrance would be treated as a passing comment of " oh look, Adam has a friend with him". With Sauli, the speculation quickly turns into tinhatting them and their relationship and no one needs that imo. The Adommy nut jobs did that and still do that and it leads to insanity. However, if tinhatting is your thing, have at it. Just put it in a separate thread and have a ball.

As a side note....why is no one here really posting anymore? Why so quiet? So many great things are happening for Adam. Isn't this what we have all been waiting for for six years? I wish more folks would post and have conversations again no matter how much we agree or disagree. ::thumbup::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

General Talk About Adam

Post by madamimadam »

OK, here goes nothing...

There's a vast difference between 'shipping' and recognizing that Adam, by his very own public admission, had a relationship with someone.

When I created MTT, I purposely left out all the 'shipping' threads or individual threads to everyone Adam ever had a relationship with. I felt it was uncalled for. Adam had relationships and all of them ended.

To Adam's credit, he has remained friends with his ex'es. That means that from time to time, one of his ex'es may be at the same place, at the same time, as Adam. I see nothing wrong in mentioning those encounters in whatever thread is appropriate. For example, if Adam has a Halloween party (for which we would have a thread) and so-and-so (ex - insert your particular snowflake) is there, no harm mentioning their presence!

In this case, Sauli is in Buenos Aires at the same time as Adam. It was mentioned in the Buenos Aires thread where it belonged. A few posts were made about how lovely their relationship had been and how we want to see the "12 year old, in love" Adam again, with Sauli or someone else.

Sauli is the last long-term relationship Adam had, so of course the romantics will want for there to be hope of a reuniting.

But if another one of his ex'es was in Buenos Aires, the same romantics would hope for the best for Adam too.

If ever a conversation goes on and on in any given thread about 'shipping' (which I despise) or Adam's personal life, you ALL know that I'll cut it short and move it to a more appropriate thread.

What happened in the Buenos Aires thread... the dissent about Sauli's mention, created more of an uproar than the few posts themselves or what was called for.

So everybody cut everyone else a little slack.

As it is, MTT is very much an 'information gathering' kind of board and if a little convo takes place for a few posts in a thread that is dedicated to something else, put on your big girls/boys pants and scroll on by.

/end of rant

P.S. You can have at it in this thread to discuss the pros and cons of what I've just posted.
"It is what it is!"
hotouthere

Post by hotouthere »

Sealuv » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:21 pm wrote:
madamimadam » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:04 pm wrote:

so agree .....miss our silly banter...and the bits of controversy among ourselves.....makes life and the threads more interesting.... ::grin:: ::heart:: ::thumbup::
Totally agree with this. I have been letting Marie do her social network gathering and posting and I am just writing comments for the sake of discussion...something that has been lacking since transitioning from IDF.

Paula, I appreciate your dedication as a fan and participant in this forum but I just don't agree with you on restricting what we can talk about and exactly what thread it belongs in. Free flow of thoughts in a friendly conversation is what makes a forum worthwhile. Also, as long as the topic of our discussion came about in a natural process in any thread (not something totally out of left field) and is kept to just a few comments for each person involved in a conversation, then it should be acceptable.

The only thing I see as a problem in discussing Adam's relationships is if the person commenting is totally delusional (that has proven to be a problem). Knowing that Adam and Sauli are obviously meeting up is reality and we are just hoping that Sauli can fill a bit of that persistent loneliness Adam is constantly talking and singing about!

As far as Sauli is concerned, I have rarely commented about him or his relationship with Adam. I am glad Adam has a friend who, based on watching every video on the internet that was translated for us from Finish to English, I think Sauli has a very similar sense of humor and love of adventure. Their full-time commitment to each other was probably more than either of them could handle at the time. After their breakup, they both appeared to re-assess what was important in their lives; they both got very serious about improving their health and fitness and are concentrating on their careers and personal happiness. It's a well known fact that you need to be happy with yourself before thinking about being in a relationship with someone else. All relationships (marriages, friendships, families, co-workers) are challenging and can be hard work! Adam had to tour and make his next record; Sauli wanted to work but his opportunities were very limited in USA and he was probably very homesick. Grown ass men need to work in order to feel a sense of accomplishment! ::haha::

None of us know what will happen in the future but for now, if they find pleasure in each other's company occasionally, then that's perfectly fine with me.

Edit: Guess Marie beat me to the punch and basically expressed a lot of my thoughts in a different way! We must have a little e.s.p. between us!

Return to “Let's Talk!”