All new(ish) Adam fans - Please tell us your story!

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

3ku1' date='Nov 9th 2014, 5:33 PM'

Well I first saw him sing on Idol.  Singing Mad World. For a very straight male who had never been compelled enough to follow an artist. Let alone an openly gay one haha. It was obvious on Idol. It was very odd. I actually thought it was an old Elvis concert when he sang MW haha. Oh its idol.  Went home one weekend told my parents you have too see this singer on American Idol (up till Adam I had never thought much of singing show contestents) . He sang Born to be wild,  my Dad a Neil Diamond fan and not a fan of current mainstream,  contemporary voice was impressed.  Best voice ever on idol he said.  I then started buying his idol music. Funny thing is I stopped watching after that. It wasent until 2010, I started watching his idol run. Couldent beleive it when I saw WLL for the first time,  is this guy allowed to do that on primetime tv haha. Was sold. Then when Fye came out (released later in NZ). It was actually the first album I
had ever bought. I also remember showing my elderly grandparents MW, they thought it was rare for a contemporary artist today to have such good nuancement of lyrics.  Watched all of his performances.  Good too because NZ have had 7 radio singles from Fye and TP. Wwfm, Iihy, Fye,  Fever,  Sfw,  Trespassing,  Ncoe.  But yeah that's how I became a fan. Oh I then saw him live for the first time ever with Queen in Auckland.  My parents long time Queen fans were blown away by Adam, everyone was raving after the show how it was pure classic rock.
badassalterego

Post by badassalterego »

Hi there - I'm one of the Adam noobs (am I a Glambert? You tell me).

I discovered Adam on NYE when the lovely BBC in the UK very kindly put him on TV with Queen, my favourite band ever.

I was so gobsmacked by it all that I started to blog about it a couple of months ago.  You might have come across me, but if not you can find me at badassalterego.wordpress.com if you scroll down to the bottom of it, I've written about the NYE performance (and my poor husband's reactions)

:)
@kymysmith
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

badassalterego:6567 wrote:Hi there - I'm one of the Adam noobs (am I a Glambert? You tell me).

I discovered Adam on NYE when the lovely BBC in the UK very kindly put him on TV with Queen, my favourite band ever.

I was so gobsmacked by it all that I started to blog about it a couple of months ago.  You might have come across me, but if not you can find me at badassalterego.wordpress.com if you scroll down to the bottom of it, I've written about the NYE performance (and my poor husband's reactions)

:)
I love your hubby's reaction! And welcome!!!

:flowers:
germanpianista

Post by germanpianista »

Hello! New member here!. I'm from Santiago, Chile. I've Been a Queen fan all my life and discovered Adam when he started with QAL. I love the way he sings! But my girlfriend thinks he scream to much (lol)... I saw them in Santiago and met fellow Adam Fans, i even took them to touristic sites here in santiago. I'm a great guide tour. .
What else could i say..... Mmm well i'm a profesional musician, i'm a pianist and composer and make a living out of playing and teaching here. Whenever i have a soundcheck i play some piano arrangement a of adam's or Queen's songs.
So i hope i could meet new nice people here and practice my english a litle.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Paula

Post by Paula »

germanpianista » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:33 pm wrote:Hello! New member here!. I'm from Santiago, Chile. I've Been a Queen fan all my life and discovered Adam when he started with QAL. I love the way he sings! But my girlfriend thinks he scream to much (lol)... I saw them in Santiago and met fellow Adam Fans, i even took them to touristic sites here in santiago. I'm a great guide tour. Image.
What else could i say..... Mmm well i'm a profesional musician, i'm a pianist and composer and make a living out of playing and teaching here. Whenever i have a soundcheck i play some piano arrangement a of adam's or Queen's songs.
So i hope i could meet new nice people here and practice my english a litle. Image

Hey there! Welcome aboard this crazy train! :)
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

germanpianista » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:33 pm wrote:Hello! New member here!. I'm from Santiago, Chile. I've Been a Queen fan all my life and discovered Adam when he started with QAL. I love the way he sings! But my girlfriend thinks he scream to much (lol)... I saw them in Santiago and met fellow Adam Fans, i even took them to touristic sites here in santiago. I'm a great guide tour. Image.
So i hope i could meet new nice people here and practice my english a litle. Image

Great to have you with us... Practice away and don't worry about mistakes, we all speak 'Adam' here!!!!!

::haha::
"It is what it is!"
sandyrk

Post by sandyrk »

And he is the cutest and nicest person ever!!! ::yessss::
germanpianista

Post by germanpianista »

Thank you! And sandy is the cutest ever! But i guess you already know that!

madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

germanpianista » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:10 pm wrote:Thank you! And sandy is the cutest ever! But i guess you already know that! ImageImage

Oh, and by the way, you get extra points for finding this thread!!!!! Well done!!!! ::clap::
"It is what it is!"
svca

Post by svca »

Welcome to our board!! Hope you post a lot....we have folks from all over the world, so English is definitely not a problem.

So happy you discovered Adam...we love Adam singing with Queen. ::wub::
germanpianista

Post by germanpianista »

madamimadam » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:11 pm wrote:
germanpianista » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:10 pm wrote:Thank you! And sandy is the cutest ever! But i guess you already know that! ImageImage

Oh, and by the way, you get extra points for finding this thread!!!!! Well done!!!! ::clap::
Thanks! I was actually worried not to write something in the wrong place! So i started to look for the appropiate thread! Image

madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

germanpianista » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:30 pm wrote:
madamimadam » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:11 pm wrote:

Thanks! I was actually worried not to write something in the wrong place! So i started to look for the appropiate thread! Image

BB, don't worry where to write things. If it belongs somewhere different, I'll let you know and move it for you.

Our gabbing thread is at the top of the list.... ***Have-At-It Never-Ending Gabfest***

http://adamlambertmtt.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1357
"It is what it is!"
germanpianista

Post by germanpianista »

svca wrote:

Welcome to our board!! Hope you post a lot....we have folks from all over the world, so English is definitely not a problem.

So happy you discovered Adam...we love Adam singing with Queen. ::wub::
Thank you so much! I'll try!

By the way you can follow me on Twitter too if you'd like @germanpianista

Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Welcome germanpianista, ::hello:: so nice to see you here. ::flowers:: Not to worry about your English, you are doing great in that area.. your post was excellent.::thumbsup:: We have friends on here from all over the world, and language has never been a barrier. We've always managed to understand what was being written so post away anythime. ::grin::

And on a side note.......It's wonderful seeing Queen Fans and Adam Fans together. ::heart::
ALN

Post by ALN »

I'll try to make this as short as possible. LOL!

I am not one of the Idol watchers or any of the other shows of that type. Not that I don't like them but the TV is always taken over by the others in the house who play video games and watch a lot of sci-fi movies and programs. So, I didn't follow Adam on Idol because I didn't even know about him.

I am a Queen fan and a fan of many, many different bands spanning a long period of time. I can't say that I have a favorite genre but I love guitars and blues, rock, but I like pop and pop rock, too. It just depends on the song, the singer and how it grabs me.

I first became aware of Adam on one of the Queen sites and thought he had a very good voice but I didn't know the intent of what was going on or that he had already performed with Queen, previously. When they kicked off the tour, I was watching and listening live, on ustream, I believe, and was blown away! Not only was I hearing some of my favorite songs but live to boot and it was wonderful. With the eve of all of the new devises out there to watch or listen or both, my love for Adam has grown, immensely. He is so dang talented!! He is always positive, humble, outrageous, energetic, outstanding, handsome, hot and everything else that could possibly be that is positive about a human being. Adam is IT!!!

I've started some recording, myself, of some live shows, namely Rock In Rio and also went wild when I heard the In Session videos. I recorded them just because the sound was so fantastic and I was afraid they'd be pulled down. As it turns out, the only one that was ever uploaded to youtube was The Original High and the sound isn't as good as the one I recorded off their website. I don't know why they didn't upload Ghost Town as well but they didn't. And whomever did the upload forgot or doesn't know that there's a stretch code for wide screen videos for youtube and they didn't use it so the video is distorted. I may message them on youtube, eventually, but who knows if they will listen to me, anyway.

Anyway, I am so glad to be on this board and can't wait for whatever happens with Adam, next. It's sure to be exciting! ::grin::

ETA: Edited to change the website I first watched Adam singing, live.
♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ Chasing The Original High! ♬ ♩ ♫ ♪
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

ALN » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:55 am wrote:I'll try to make this as short as possible. LOL!

I am not one of the Idol watchers or any of the other shows of that type. Not that I don't like them but the TV is always taken over by the others in the house who play video games and watch a lot of sci-fi movies and programs. So, I didn't follow Adam on Idol because I didn't even know about him.

I am a Queen fan and a fan of many, many different bands spanning a long period of time. I can't say that I have a favorite genre but I love guitars and blues, rock, but I like pop and pop rock, too. It just depends on the song, the singer and how it grabs me.

I first became aware of Adam on one of the Queen sites and thought he had a very good voice but I didn't know the intent of what was going on or that he had already performed with Queen, previously. When they kicked off the tour, I was watching and listening live, on ustream, I believe, and was blown away! Not only was I hearing some of my favorite songs but live to boot and it was wonderful. With the eve of all of the new devises out there to watch or listen or both, my love for Adam has grown, immensely. He is so dang talented!! He is always positive, humble, outrageous, energetic, outstanding, handsome, hot and everything else that could possibly be that is positive about a human being. Adam is IT!!!

I've started some recording, myself, of some live shows, namely Rock In Rio and also went wild when I heard the In Session videos. I recorded them just because the sound was so fantastic and I was afraid they'd be pulled down. As it turns out, the only one that was ever uploaded to youtube was The Original High and the sound isn't as good as the one I recorded off their website. I don't know why they didn't upload Ghost Town as well but they didn't. And whomever did the upload forgot or doesn't know that there's a stretch code for wide screen videos for youtube and they didn't use it so the video is distorted. I may message them on youtube, eventually, but who knows if they will listen to me, anyway.

Anyway, I am so glad to be on this board and can't wait for whatever happens with Adam, next. It's sure to be exciting! ::grin::

ETA: Edited to change the website I first watched Adam singing, live.
Welcome ALN! ::flowers:: So nice to see you here. ::smile:: There is never a dull moment with Adam lately, and though sometimes its hard to keep up with him, it is exciting. ::grin:: Again, it is wonderful seeing Queen Fans & Adam Fans sharing the love of their music. ::yes::
germanpianista

Post by germanpianista »

Hello everyone! Sorry i've been away for so long. But i'm still a new member of this wonderful forum. So I'd like to share my Blog of stories with you. I'm gonna be talking a lot about Queen, Adam Lambert and how it is to be a musician in my country. So I hope you can take a look and enjoy! :) http://parallelmusicverse.blogspot.com ::grin:: ::grin::

I'm also constantly updating my Youtube channel with Piano covers videos. I have some Adam songs there. So i'll be very very happy if you guys and girls can take a look too ::thumbsup:: My Youtube Channel

Thanks a lot, and see you soon! ::hello::

Return to “Let's Talk!”