2014-08-27 Sydney Allphones Arena II, Sydney, Oz

Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Love2Lurk @ Aug 27th 2014, 1:36 PM

This article has the almost full vid......

Rolling Stone ‏@RollingStone · 7m
See Lady Gaga sing "Another One Bites the Dust" with Queen and Adam Lambert in Sydney: http://rol.st/1phW6RX

madamimadam' date='Aug 27th 2014, 1:44 PM

Yes, they're using the video I posted above:
[youtube][/youtube]
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Love2Lurk @ Aug 27th 2014, 12:36 PM

This article has the almost full vid......

Rolling Stone ‏@RollingStone · 7m
See Lady Gaga sing "Another One Bites the Dust" with Queen and Adam Lambert in Sydney: http://rol.st/1phW6RX
'♥JM♥' date='Aug 27th 2014, 1:46 PM

Thank you!  kiss.gif That was entertaining!  laughing.gif Something different.Sometimes these big productions are so carefully planned, they go on like a machine and nothing wrong with that but it's only refreshing when they do some exception and something not so planned happens. I was almost holding my breath waiting what those two come up with next.
haha.gif
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

madamimadam @ Aug 27th 2014, 1:44 PM

Love2Lurk' date='Aug 27th 2014, 1:49 PM

:haha: I knew I saw it somewhere before....it was right under my nose    :rolleyes:  :haha:
[youtube][/youtube]
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

barb4Adam' date='Aug 27th 2014, 1:55 PM

Audience pic....
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BwEWRanCYAAnfnt.jpg
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

misswood @ Aug 27th 2014, 11:32 AM

I'm not either. And I'm willing to bet this will be the only Queen show that the entertainment news and media here will even bother to mention. angry.gif
rustycat' date='Aug 27th 2014, 1:56 PM

But that's par for the course...for any artist...local media cover the local shows (mostly print media/reviews)...but the US press isn't going to cover shows in Korea or Japan or Oz.  The only time overseas shows get any US press is if something unusual happens, or there is an incident -- Beiber making little girls cry by showing up 4 hours late; stage collapse; a surprise appearance by another artist.  No one is covering Katy Perry's shows overseas in the US, or Gaga's overseas shows..the QAL tour has actually received a fair amount of attention for a tour -- GMA, Rolling Stone pieces, tons of print and internet press when tour announced, reviews (sometimes multiple reviews) and great photo placement in local print media at every stop, OZ tv story, etc etc.

Gagas appearance was a bit of a hot mess...but then surprise guest appearances often are...the crowds love it when someone unexpected shows up....even when the performance is sometimes a mess....I'm a bit surprised QAL didn't have more surprise guests along the way on this tour
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Love2Lurk @ Aug 27th 2014, 10:43 AM

I saw those' hot mess' comments too.....

It really looked like a fun performance....and yes.....Adam probably loved it..... yes.gif

It was a win win for sure  thumbsup.gif

I was just giving some kudos to the new boy  flowers.gif

sandyrk' date='Aug 27th 2014, 1:58 PM

I loved it!  I love her, too.  She is a powerful vocalist, and she didn't even try at all to out-sing him either. They were both very generous to each other and I loved that. Her voice, like his, can fill a huge room.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

madamimadam @ Aug 27th 2014, 1:44 PM

madamimadam' date='Aug 27th 2014, 2:00 PM

At 2:50, Lady Gaga: "Ladies and gentlemen, Queen and Adam Lambert!" - loved that and when Adam, trying to get everybody back on track, does the countdown! :roll:
[youtube][/youtube]
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

sandyrk @ Aug 27th 2014, 7:58 PM

I loved it! I love her, too. She is a powerful vocalist, and she didn't even try at all to out-sing him either. They were both very generous to each other and I loved that. Her voice, like his, can fill a huge room.
infinite' date='Aug 27th 2014, 2:08 PM

I don't think she could out-sing him.  :ph34rwave:
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

'♥JM♥' date='Aug 27th 2014, 2:08 PM

Like Gaga made sure by introducing them that everybody knew where they were :haha:  In case they forgot.And I bet even Adam didn't know exactly what would happen.And he is a bit control freak in a good way.I love it when Gaga just walked away and Adam followed, like what's happening.
They just went with a flow and I guess Improvised. :haha:  :haha:
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

lelemaple' date='Aug 27th 2014, 2:11 PM

It doesn't bother me. They are in the same city, she named her stage persona after Queen, etc. To be honest, I would have been surprised if she hadn't at least gone to the show. This was a treat for some of the fans at the show, no biggie to me.

Now if Dave Grohl and Taylor Hawkins had popped up on stage with QAL at the Forum show for TYMD, I would have been a happy camper! :)
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Sabine' date='Aug 27th 2014, 2:17 PM

From Nikki, an Adam fan at Adamtopia who was there:

Adam was totally thrilled to be singing with Gaga. He was beaming. He did extra extra extra moves, extra extra vocal embellishments. He did not take his eyes off her practically the whole duet
. Gaga is TINY but she has a lot of stage presence. The song didn't play to her strengths, but it sounded good as a live duet and the performance was exciting. The crowd gave her a very warm reception. Adam gave her another shout out in Radio Gaga. During We are The Champions she was in the security area in the Q in front of the stage and Adam blew her a kiss. Overall it was fun.

Adam was sublime tonight. The crowd was L A M E. They would get spectacular vocals from tonight, but that's it. Adam was performing like there was no tomorrow. Lots and lots and lots of extra moves everywhere. And the crowd stayed L A M E. Half the people in the floor section stayed seated for most of the night. I felt so sorry for Adam and Brian.

1. I am so happy for Adam.

2. I am happy that if there will be concerts in Europe we will be getting GA and probably some kind of a Golden Circle in front of the stage.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

vampfever' date='Aug 27th 2014, 2:49 PM

Cher has been talk Gaga today:
Cher has been talking about Gaga this morning:  Cher @cher
Anybody got “OLD”BIG HAIR CHER PICS ?
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Sabine @ Aug 27th 2014, 1:17 PM

From Nikki, an Adam fan at Adamtopia who was there:

Adam was totally thrilled to be singing with Gaga. He was beaming. He did extra extra extra moves, extra extra vocal embellishments. He did not take his eyes off her practically the whole duet. Gaga is TINY but she has a lot of stage presence. The song didn't play to her strengths, but it sounded good as a live duet and the performance was exciting. The crowd gave her a very warm reception. Adam gave her another shout out in Radio Gaga. During We are The Champions she was in the security area in the Q in front of the stage and Adam blew her a kiss. Overall it was fun.

Adam was sublime tonight. The crowd was L A M E. They would get spectacular vocals from tonight, but that's it. Adam was performing like there was no tomorrow. Lots and lots and lots of extra moves everywhere. And the crowd stayed L A M E. Half the people in the floor section stayed seated for most of the night. I felt so sorry for Adam and Brian.

1. I am so happy for Adam.

2. I am happy that if there will be concerts in Europe we will be getting GA and probably some kind of a Golden Circle in front of the stage.

crocked' date='Aug 27th 2014, 6:51 PM

Just what I thought... the crowd was not that enthusiastic.
I do not have sharp ears....  but am I right when I say they are not in harmony?  I can always attribute them to lack of practice.  AOBTD is not my favorite song, actually.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

madamimadam' date='Aug 27th 2014, 6:57 PM

The OP has been updated with the few videos we have so far. One full AOBTD on FaceBook.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

sealuv' date='Aug 27th 2014, 8:27 PM

these were my fav tweets of the nite........what a cutie and such a fanboy!! (marie you brought these in earlier ...but they were so enmeshed with all the others ...was difficult to get the continuity of his tweets  ....and they are priceless! :D )

Read... from bottom to top..........and his comment about Under Pressure and Adam forgetting some item and had to go back....and that he forgot to go over with Brian to do the piano bit with Spike...think Mr. Lambert was still a bit "GAGA star struck"!.. :haha:

Alexander Morner
@AlexanderMorner
19, ♋, Uni-student, IB-Graduate, Vegetarian, Gay, Horse & dog owner, Science geek, Idiot/Nimrod to death and a fierce Glambert.

Alexander Morner @AlexanderMorner  ·  2m
Just survived my first city drive by myself, WOOP!!

Alexander Morner @AlexanderMorner  ·  3m
They're saying so much great things about Queenbert on the radio here :') <333

Alexander Morner @AlexanderMorner  ·  7h
OKAY I REALLY NEED TO SLEEP WILL TWEET MORE TOMORROW

NO WIFI AT ARENA, AT LEAST NOT ALL ACCESSIBLE AND FREE

I HAVE A MAJOR HEADACHE AND I CAN'T HEAR ANYTHING AND I'M CRYING AND I NEED TO SLEEP LOL I'M A MESS

HE IS THE MOST AMAZING HUMAN BEING IN THE HISTORY OF EVER AND I CAN'T EVEN WITH HIM, HE'S LEFT ME IN PERMANENT CRYING/FLAILING/DYING MODE

DRAGON ATTACK WAS SO SEXY

ALSO HE JERKED THE MICROPHONE STAND OFF AT SOME POINT, FIRST/SECOND SONG I THINK

Alexander Morner @AlexanderMorner  ·  8h
EVEN THE PARKING GUARDS WHERE EXCITED LOL DOES THAT TELL YOU SOMETHING

I'm crying and spreading black and sparkling eyeshadow all over my face. Sosososo happy right now. What an amazing show.

BASICALLY I THINK WE ALL DIDN'T GIVE A crap ABOUT GAGA BUT WE PRETENDED TO FOR ADAM'S SAKE LMAO

IN CASE YOU NEED PROOF I WAS ACTUALLY THERE OR SOMETHING LOL. I WAS BOUNCING. pic.twitter.com/zsAMcoFtVa
 Embedded image permalink
View more photos and videos

AND OUTFITS), 20+ CUTE GAY GUYS AND JAPANESE FREDDIE WAS FRONT ROW JUST LEFT OF CENTER

CROWD WAS A MIX BETWEEN QUEEN FANS (50+ WHO WERE HESITANT TO CLAPPING) HARDCORE QUEEN FANS (freak YEAH), ADAM FANS (CRAZY HAIR AND MAKR UP

ALSO BRIAN TURNED THE CAMERA ON THE GUITAR OUT AND FILMED THE CROWD INSTEAD IT WAS COOL

Retweeted by Alexander Morner
anon ·  8h
EPIC MOMENT! "Oprah get off the stage!" lol #AdamLambert #QAL #TheQueen
VID :)) http://instagram.com/p/sNGlk3Ahhh/

WWTLF WAS OUT OF THIS WORLD. ALL THE SMALL NUANCES OF HIS VOICE THAT YOU CAN'T HEAR ON RECORDINGS, OMG.

SO MANY PEOPLE THERE AND WE GOT GOLD CONFETTI AND BTW GAGA HAD ADAM'S SPARE GOLD-MICROPHONE SO THEY MATCHED AND ALL

BECAUSE OMG SO CUTE

AT ONE POINT EARLY ON HE GOT US TO SINGALONG AND THEN WIPED HIS SWEAT OFF AND DID A LITTLE "EUW IM SWEATY" WIGGLE AND EVERYONE LAUGHED

MERCHHHHH pic.twitter.com/lL6lm6t3ao
 Embedded image permalink
View more photos and videos

SOME GIRL IN THE ON-STAGE DEPARTMENT MAY HAVE GOTTEN A KISS, SHE WAS DANCING AND YHEN HE BENT IN AND THEN SHE DIED BUT IM NOT SURE LOL

ALSO HE FORGOT SOMETHING BEFORE UNDER PRESSURE, I COULD SEE HIM COMING/GOING AND HE HAD SOME GIRL RUN BACK AND GET IT LOL

Alexander Morner @AlexanderMorner  ·  9h
HE ALMOST FORGOT TO GO TO SPIKE IN CLTCL, BRIAN WAS ALREADY THERE AND ADAM TURNED AROUND AND WAS LIKE "OH crap RIGHT BETTER HURRY"

LETS JUST SAY AFTER THE CONCERT THERE WAS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT GAGA. 100% OF CROWD = OMG ADAM!?!?!?

WE LIKE THIS ETC AND SOME GUY GAVE HIM A LOOK OR SOMETHING BECAUSE HE STOPPED AND WENT "THIS GUY IS LIKE 'GET OFF THE STAGE OPRAH'"

AND SHE SAT IN VIP UNTIL ENCORE AND OMG YOU GUYS AFTER KQ ADAM WAS DOING HIS TALK ABOUT WHY DO WE LOSE OURSELVES IN CHAMPAGNE AND WHY ARE

AND THAT MADE IT OKAY EVEN THOUGH THE SONG WAS A LITTLE BIT RUINED LOL BUT HIS FACE WAS WORTH IT

WRONG IN LYRICS BUT ADAM SAVED HER AND HE DOWNPLAYED FOR HER AND THEY DANCED AND ADAM WAS A freakING 4 YEAR OLD ON CHRISTMAS HE WAS SO HAPPY

LIKE OKAY SHE'S NOT AS GOOD BUT LETS PLAY ALONG AND ADAM WAS freakING GLOWING I'M TELLING YOU AND THEN THEY SANG TOGETHER AND GAGA GOT IT

SERIOUSLY THOHGH WHEN GAGA CAME EVERYONE WAS LIKE DAFUQ IS THIS CRAZY LADY ON STAGE AND THEN LIKE OOOOH GAGA AND SHE SANG AND EVERYONE WAS

AT THE CROWD AND WENT "HAVE I LOST YOU?" AND EVERYONE WENT "......YES BUT LETS CHEER ANYWAY SO HE THINKS THAT HE DIDN'T"

OH AND BEFORE 39 BRIAN WAS EXPLAINING ALL ABOUT EINSTEIN AND CLIMATE PROBLEMS AND PHYSICS WITH TIME TRAVEL AND THEN HE STOPPED AND LOOKED

HIS VOICE THOUGH. WITH THE DISCO BALL. IT WAS SURREAL, NEVER HEARD ANYTHING LIKE IT IN MY LIFE

HEAR ANYTHING AND I RAIDED THE MERCH PLACE AND IT WAS THE BEST THING RVER OKAY I AM DEAD NOW

IT LOL AND BRIAN HAD TO DO A DOUBLE SELFIE STICK - "WE HAVETO DO IT AGAIN, I freakED UP, OKAY?" AND ADAM'S freakING FACE AND VOICE AND I CAN'T

FANTASTIC HE IS AND OMG TATTOOS ARE SUPER HOT AND IT WAS PACKED AND THE AUDIENCE FAILED AT SINGALONG AT FIRST AND ADAM CALLED US OUT FOR

WE HUGGED AND HE SAID THANK YOU TO MY GENERATION AND FANDOM FOR NEVER STOPPING TO BELIEVE IN ADAM BECAUSE HE NOWS UDERSTAND HOW

AND HIS MELVIN GAME WAS STRONG AMD I RAIDED THE MERCH STAND AND THERE WAS A GUY (60s) WHO FELL IN LOVE WITH ADAM AND CRYED AT THE END AND

ATTACK HUMPIMG AMD HIS VOICE IS A TRILLIOM TIMES BETTER IRL EVEN WITH SUCKY SEATS AND HE HAD AN OPRAH MOMENT AND IT WAS CUTE AS freak

ADAM AND HIS VOICE AND HIS FACE AND GAGA (WHO SUCKED BUT ADAM WAS DYING AND IT WAS SHOWING) AND ALL OF THE SONGS AN DISCO BALL AND DRAGON

HOLY freakING crap THAT WAS THE MOST AMAZING THING I HAVE EVER BEWITNESSED IN MY ENTIRE LIFE

I'm tweeting from the dead. I haven't breathed since 8pm.

Retweeted by Alexander Morner
BlueHair-Idon'tCare @sandyzzzen  ·  16h
\o/ "@bmoschetti: RT @ALAlwayz
Lady Gaga: "Off to a royal affair" : D ladygaga's photo http://i.instagram.com/p/sMQ_qGpFKq/ "

Alexander Morner @AlexanderMorner  ·  16h
In the moment to 110% tonight

Will try to tweet a pic of the crowd upon arriving at the arena, but I won't be doing anything while the concert is happening. Wanna live

Three years, and it's finally happening. Tonight, I'm seeing Adam for the first time, and what would… http://instagram.com/p/sMR9GaQkxY/

Alexander Morner @AlexanderMorner  ·  18h
LOL guess I'm seeing Gaga tonight as well then? Hahahaha

Alexander Morner @AlexanderMorner  ·  18h
Omg dr. Bri
Alexander Morner @AlexanderMorner  ·  Aug 26
Also today I'm driving myself for the first time. Will be interesting enough... Left hand traffic for the first time, lol

Today is the day!!! Omg

How on earth is this my life. Just, omg.

Okay staying off twitter to avoid spoiling myself :D I really need to catch some sleep, tomorrow is THE day!!!

And I'm seeing Queen and the man I've been stanning for three years tomorrow. Life is freaking wonderful right now.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

sealuv @ Aug 27th 2014, 8:27 PM

these were my fav tweets of the nite........what a cutie and such a fanboy!! (marie you brought these in earlier ...but they were so enmeshed with all the others ...was difficult to get the continuity of his tweets ....and they are priceless! grin.gif )

'madamimadam' date='Aug 27th 2014, 8:49 PM

Thanks for collating these! He is a great tweeter. He has a few more you can pick up from my RT's or go straight to his account.

MUAHHH!!!!
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

svca' date='Aug 27th 2014, 9:57 PM

OMG, I think I'm totally in love with Alexander! He is definitely one of us  :wub:   What a cutie, those were great tweets.

As for Gaga, I'm excited for Adam that she was there, but IMO she's highly overrated, and he outsings her by a mile.  Her voice is nothing to speak of, again my opinion.  I do agree, her songs tend to be catchy and I've downloaded a couple of them myself, but this persona she's created for herself has gotten stale.

But since I adore Adam, I'm excited for him and with him.  He's such a little kid sometimes, and I'm sure Christmas came early for him this year  :haha:  :haha:

bridgette12' date='Aug 27th 2014, 10:10 PM

I look forward to the day when he can sing with someone who can hold their own with him and who's voice compliment Adam's voice.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

bridgette12 @ Aug 27th 2014, 7:10 PM

I look forward to the day when he can sing with someone who can hold their own with him and who's voice compliment Adam's voice.
svca' date='Aug 27th 2014, 10:24 PM

Me too...that would be awesome.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

barb4Adam' date='Aug 27th 2014, 10:32 PM

Never too much Adam!
http://t.co/OITTwcfkog
http://t.co/bhY4BPjwL8
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

crocked' date='Aug 27th 2014, 10:46 PM

I am loving fanboy Alexander Morner  :wub:  :wub:  :wub: .

Read the post on twitter meter and see how LG affected the number of followers of Adam !!! Made a spreadsheet so you can see how the number evolved ...   :yes:  :yes:  :yes:
inverse' date='Aug 27th 2014, 11:38 PM'

first and foremost:  I NEEEEEED VIDEOOOOOOOOOOOS!!! /greedy  /wake up, aussies!  o:)
second:

let me preface by saying, i'm am no Lady Gaga fanatic at all, i have her first 2 albums and don't follow an of her social media. but i do think she's got hella talent and, by all accounts, is amazing with her fans...

SO, i don't know where all this "Gaga has a big ego" stuff from people comes from.   :huh:

- is it because she dresses extravagantly???  because flamboyance =/= ego.  keep in mind, this is something a lot of people liked to troll Adam about right after Idol. people assumed he had an ego simply because he liked to dress up and strut around the stage like a mofo.

- is it because she defends herself against trolls/music critics & reviewers??? because we all know trolls deserve whatever verbel lashing they get. and music critics/reviewers can be the most bitchy, agenda-having, scum of the earth when they decide to review an artist they already dislike.

so am i missing something? because i've never heard anything from her that even insinuates that she thinks she's better or more important than anyone else.

so, while i don't count myself as a Gaga "fan", i still respect her unquestionable talent (the girl really can write & sing) and won't be adding to any negativity about her merits as an artist.
sealuv' date='Aug 28th 2014, 12:05 AM
this is great...you can just feel and see the joy he is having with GAGA right there watching........

anon

AWWWWWW GG watching Adam singing WRTC! AWWW SO AMAZING :)) https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10204212408768384

more here.....coma berenices ‏@_coma_berenices  3h
s2 vids  https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=906771556003231https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=906775866002800https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=906778959335824

Return to “2014 QAL North America/Asia/Australia/New Zealand Tour”