***Have-At-It Never-Ending Gabfest***

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
svca

Post by svca »

Happy St. Paddy's day everybody !

::nauseous::

That's my green contribution lol.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

svca wrote:Happy St. Paddy's day everybody !

::nauseous::

That's my green contribution lol.
That would be my contribution too! ::icant::
"It is what it is!"
svca

Post by svca »

Good thing I'm not Irish (I don't think)....

ETA: Speaking of being Irish, or not...has anybody done one of those ancestry things, to find out where you come from? My ex-mother-in-law is really into the family trees, etc., and she wants me and the kids to do one. I sort of don't really care, but I'm also sort of curious.

Anybody done them and found anything interesting?
WitchyWoman

Post by WitchyWoman »

svca wrote:Good thing I'm not Irish (I don't think)....

ETA: Speaking of being Irish, or not...has anybody done one of those ancestry things, to find out where you come from? My ex-mother-in-law is really into the family trees, etc., and she wants me and the kids to do one. I sort of don't really care, but I'm also sort of curious.

Anybody done them and found anything interesting?
I did it. I'm 23% Swedish, which I didn't know before. Other than that all UK. But not Irish, which was also a surprise!

"I'm white, I'm white,
I walk with my ass very tight."
- SNL 1970s (for those of you of a certain age)

Oh, and 1% Native American! Score!
svca

Post by svca »

Hm, I may have to break down and do this thing at some point....her whole point of wanting to do it is to find any possible relatives out there....which I don't really care about lol. At this point they're all strangers anyway. It may be interesting to find out though what I am other than part German...I have almost no family history. I never knew my Dad, my grandfather died during WWII, and my German grandmother never talked about extended family, since the family was really splintered and nobody seemed to get along. It's one of those things you don't really care about when you're younger, but you kind of wonder as you get older.
WitchyWoman

Post by WitchyWoman »

I found it very interesting. Not cheap, but I thought it was worthwhile.
Paula

Post by Paula »

Hey, guys. Can all of you please keep my family & I in your prayers? I don't know if any of you remember me talking about my sweet little dog Buddy at all, but he passed away this afternoon. I miss him so much already & I'm trying to figure out how life's going to be without him. ::crying:: Thank you in advance.
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
WitchyWoman

Post by WitchyWoman »

Paula wrote:Hey, guys. Can all of you please keep my family & I in your prayers? I don't know if any of you remember me talking about my sweet little dog Buddy at all, but he passed away this afternoon. I miss him so much already & I'm trying to figure out how life's going to be without him. ::crying:: Thank you in advance.
::crying:: ::grouphug::
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

::grouphug:: ::rip:: ::grouphug::
Lizziek

Post by Lizziek »

So sorry for your loss, Paula. ::heart::
svca

Post by svca »

Sending you hugs, Paula....so hard when we lose our babies.

Our dog is 11 this month...hoping for a few more years....hubby will be devastated when our Jack dies....they're practically joined at the hip.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

I am so sorry Paula! ::huggy:: It's never easy losing a pet and my heart goes out to you and your family. ::heart::
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

svca

Post by svca »

Happy Easter to all who are celebrating. I miss the easter egg hunts when the kids were little ::crying::

We would always go to my parents' house, have a nice dinner and then hunt for easter eggs. There were 4 kids, my two and my sister's two, all born about a year apart. Drama always ensued because my daughter, the oldest, would inevitably outsmart the rest of the kids and find most of the eggs. We would then have to start all over so the other 3 would get a chance lol.

Good times for sure. She looked like a little angel when she was all dressed up for church service, but it was deceiving lol ::devil::

My daughter is now 31, lives in Japan, and I haven't seen her in over 2 years. I miss her, the little rascal.
Paula

Post by Paula »

It's been 3 & a half weeks since Buddy died, and it really hasn't gotten much easier. I'm constantly crying because I miss him so much. I haven't felt like posting these last few weeks, but I've been lurking. However, I wanted to thank you guys for your kind words during this really difficult time for my family & I. So, thank you. Love you guys. ::grouphug::
Paula

Post by Paula »

4.1 earthquake here last night. The epicenter was literally just down the road from me, so we felt the shaking the hardest. No injuries or damages, but everyone was pretty shaken up, pardon the pun.
svca

Post by svca »

Yikes, glad you guys are ok, Paula....that's a pretty good earthquate at 4.1....you can definitely feel that.

I don't always feel them during the day, but I hate when they happen at night....I never know if I should be dashing downstairs and out the door, or just roll over and go back to sleep. We get quite a few of them here in Cali.
Paula

Post by Paula »

svca wrote:Yikes, glad you guys are ok, Paula....that's a pretty good earthquate at 4.1....you can definitely feel that.

I don't always feel them during the day, but I hate when they happen at night....I never know if I should be dashing downstairs and out the door, or just roll over and go back to sleep. We get quite a few of them here in Cali.
I don't know how you guys do it. I wouldn't know what to do either, if we had anything bigger than that. We NEVER get them here, ever, and if we do, we barely feel them (they're usually only a 2.0 when they come here), but this one shook pretty good. I felt vibrations through my entire body, and it sounded like thunder that wouldn't stop.
svca

Post by svca »

I think after going through the '89 earthquake (with a baby and a toddler) the small ones don't seem that scary anymore. Not to say, they don't give you pause, but it puts them into perspective.

Of course, there's always that moment where your heart is pounding while you're waiting to see if it's going to stop or pick up speed.

I just read somewhere that Cali of way overdue for another "big" one. ::crying:: ::crying::
Paula

Post by Paula »

svca wrote:I think after going through the '89 earthquake (with a baby and a toddler) the small ones don't seem that scary anymore. Not to say, they don't give you pause, but it puts them into perspective.

Of course, there's always that moment where your heart is pounding while you're waiting to see if it's going to stop or pick up speed.

I just read somewhere that Cali of way overdue for another "big" one. ::crying:: ::crying::
My uncle actually lived in San Fran when that earthquake happened. I remember him describing watching the walls crack open and then come back together. I can't even imagine how you guys did it. I'm really hoping that you guys don't have to go through another one for a VERY long time. ::huggy::

Return to “Let's Talk!”