Suggestions, Tips and Help

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Suggestions, Tips and Help

Post by madamimadam »

Here's where you can share what you think about the new board and make suggestions as time goes by....

[0013.gif]
"It is what it is!"
svca

Suggestions and Comments

Post by svca »

There are PHP warning on the top of my page....are they there for anybody else?

And what do they mean??

Also, are there different colors for the board, skins, like IDF? Right now the color is a kind of washed-out greyish blue, as well as the print, and it's really hard to read (for me), especially on my phone. It kind of disappears.

Other than that, looking good ! [clap.gif] [clap.gif]
nica575
Suggestions and Comments

Post by nica575 »

the forum looks great overall!

Suggestion:I'd love to have more prominent color for the board text: it is now dark-ish green on light green and I find the text to be too subdued...

Suggestion: do they offer a choice of skins? If yes, please activate when you have time. My above problem could be resolved with me choosing a skin that is easier on my eyes...

Suggestion: the default text size in "reply" box is really tiny...I can not find a profile setting to change it. Does it exist? Of not - can the default text be increased in size?

THANK YOU!
vampfever
Site Admin
Site Admin

Suggestions and Comments

Post by vampfever »

svca wrote:There are PHP warning on the top of my page....are they there for anybody else?

And what do they mean??

Also, are there different colors for the board, skins, like IDF? Right now the color is a kind of washed-out greyish blue, as well as the print, and it's really hard to read (for me), especially on my phone. It kind of disappears.

Other than that, looking good ! [clap.gif] [clap.gif]
Clear your cache, that should work for the php warning.
vampfever
Site Admin
Site Admin

Suggestions and Comments

Post by vampfever »

PS, this will also fix some "wonky looking" font issues with the board.
Adora
Suggestions and Comments

Post by Adora »

nica575 wrote:the forum looks great overall!

Suggestion:I'd love to have more prominent color for the board text: it is now dark-ish green on light green and I find the text to be too subdued...

Suggestion: do they offer a choice of skins? If yes, please activate when you have time. My above problem could be resolved with me choosing a skin that is easier on my eyes...

Suggestion: the default text size in "reply" box is really tiny...I can not find a profile setting to change it. Does it exist? Of not - can the default text be increased in size?

THANK YOU!
I like the skin and the font [thumbsup.gif] , but I can't see "reply" box at all, only found one option for reply as "quote"

And I see those mentioned above warnings too.

Oh and smilies sometimes show normally but most of the times I only see text instead of them, that's probably my computer...

Also links now redirect me from this site, I liked it more when they opened in a different tab, but this is really minor thing.

Thank you!
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Suggestions and Comments

Post by madamimadam »

Adora wrote:
nica575 wrote:the forum looks great overall!

THANK YOU!
I like the skin and the font [thumbsup.gif] , but I can't see "reply" box at all, only found one option for reply as "quote"

And I see those mentioned above warnings too.

Oh and smilies sometimes show normally but most of the times I only see text instead of them, that's probably my computer...

Also links now redirect me from this site, I liked it more when they opened in a different tab, but this is really minor thing.

Thank you!
For the reply, check top or bottom.... the Blue Eye of Horus... It's sooooooooooo Adam!!!! [0144.gif]

For the warnings, clear your cache, it will clear it up.

The smilies that were brought in from our previous home, unfortunately will always show up as text... This will disappear in time as we move on with the new icons! [0072.gif]

Any link you click with Ctrl first will open in a new tab. [wink.gif]
"It is what it is!"
bebeg
Suggestions and Comments

Post by bebeg »

madamimadam wrote:

Any link you click with Ctrl first will open in a new tab. [wink.gif]

You can also right clink on a link and choose open in a new tab
adamazing
Suggestions and Comments

Post by adamazing »

Just starting to explore but it's a beautiful thing! [0134.gif]

Loving the new pic at the top of the page - now off to explore some more.
[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a101/rlitzau/signature2.jpg[/img]
Paula
Suggestions and Comments

Post by Paula »

Do I need to clear cookies for the board to display properly? I'm getting all kinds of errors at the top of the page, the page is stretched out, and the font is super huge!
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Suggestions and Comments

Post by madamimadam »

Paula wrote:Do I need to clear cookies for the board to display properly? I'm getting all kinds of errors at the top of the page, the page is stretched out, and the font is super huge!
Yes!!!!!!! Then it will be fine!!!!

[0018.gif]
"It is what it is!"
Paula
Suggestions and Comments

Post by Paula »

madamimadam wrote:
Paula wrote:Do I need to clear cookies for the board to display properly? I'm getting all kinds of errors at the top of the page, the page is stretched out, and the font is super huge!

[0018.gif]
Okay, did it! The errors are gone, and the board looks amazing!
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Suggestions and Comments

Post by madamimadam »

Paula wrote:
madamimadam wrote:

[0018.gif]
Okay, did it! The errors are gone, and the board looks amazing!

[0071.gif]
"It is what it is!"
Tattoojo
Suggestions and Comments

Post by Tattoojo »

oh the colour is too bright for me, need something easier on the eyes or the option to change it [eek.gif]
I am what I am
hotouthere

Suggestions and Comments

Post by hotouthere »

Just a couple issues I am having. [think.gif]

All of the print other than actual posts looks really faded out. Can this be improved?

Pressing control or right clicking to open a link in another tab works but I would rather all links be automatically opened in another tab and have that tab open up immediately. Right now, you have to click on the other tab to look at the content. I am also forgetting to press the control or right click and that dumps me out of the forum completely which is rather annoying and not very good when new/unfamiliar users come in. They may not want to return to the forum if they get thrown out when they press a link.
Adora
Suggestions and Comments

Post by Adora »

hotouthere wrote:Just a couple issues I am having. [think.gif]

All of the print other than actual posts looks really faded out. Can this be improved?
Personally I don't have a problem with "faded out" print, but don't object if it changes.
Pressing control or right clicking to open a link in another tab works but I would rather all links be automatically opened in another tab and have that tab open up immediately. Right now, you have to click on the other tab to look at the content. I am also forgetting to press the control or right click and that dumps me out of the forum completely which is rather annoying and not very good when new/unfamiliar users come in. They may not want to return to the forum if they get thrown out when they press a link.
So much this! I already knew all the tricks of how to open link in the new tab and then I read yet another time here on this thread how to do it, and then ooops! I did it again....and for the new members it could be even a bigger problem. Honestly first time when I closed that link site, I was wondering: what just happened, where is Adam forum? [0062.gif] [icon_confused.gif]
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Suggestions and Comments

Post by madamimadam »

The links are now opening in a new tab... Thanks, Vamp!!!!!!

[notworthy.gif]
"It is what it is!"
hotouthere

Suggestions and Comments

Post by hotouthere »

madamimadam wrote:The links are now opening in a new tab... Thanks, Vamp!!!!!!

[notworthy.gif]

Thanks for that improvement. It makes a huge difference. [thumbsup.gif]
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Suggestions and Comments

Post by madamimadam »

hotouthere wrote:
madamimadam wrote:The links are now opening in a new tab... Thanks, Vamp!!!!!!

[notworthy.gif]

Thanks for that improvement. It makes a huge difference. [thumbsup.gif]
We tried really hard to think of everything, but there's nothing like people using a program to see where there are things missing!!!!

Thanks, guys!!!

[friends.gif]
"It is what it is!"
Adora
Suggestions and Comments

Post by Adora »

[thumbsup.gif] [thumbs.gif] [0146.gif]

Return to “Let's Talk!”