***Have-At-It Never-Ending Gabfest***

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Hi guys! Yup! I’m still around and kicking! ::hello::

Due to eye problems, I’m now restricted to four 15-minutes a day on line. Basically, enough time to check my emails, do my banking and text with my kids.

Hrithika has done an ASTOUNDING job of keeping all the Adam info coming in and the board organized! She has done it all by herself for the last three years! We all owe her an immense amount of gratitude! ::groupwave::

Keeping this board and all apps necessary alive costs me about $1,000/year, which I can no longer afford.

I tried to find someone to take it over but haven’t been able to. ::thinking::

So sadly, I have no option left but to shut down the board. It breaks my heart to lose FIFTEEN YEARS of meticulous archiving! All that work and memories gone! The Treasure Chest of Links with every audio, video Adam has ever done from his pre-Idol’s days until May 2021, gone!!! But don’t panic, I won’t shut it down until the end of the year so you all have a chance to grab whatever you want before it disappears into nothingness!

I wish I would win the lottery or find a benefactor (looking at you, Adam ::icant:: ) but that’s not in the cards!

Again, my unending gratitude to Hrithika for keeping this board relevant for the past three years! ::friends::

If anyone wants to take over control of the board or has any idea on how to salvage it, please let me know!

I’ll check in for a few days to see if anyone has an alternate solution…

I love you guys and will miss you! ::cryblownose::
"It is what it is!"
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

I am so sorry to hear this about your eyes Marie and I know where you are coming from. My eyes have gotten progressively worse so that I just check the tweets for any problems without signing in & get off. Some days I can't even do that. I have felt so bad that Hrithika has had to do all the work. I will be having surgery in Oct. & Nov. for both eyes. A long wait but hope it all works out. I wish you all the best going forward and I know how disappointed you must be for having to close down the board & that it didn't work the way you wanted it to but I imagine all the boards are having trouble since social media has taken over everything. Thank you for all you have done for us and please take care of yourself. ::huggy:: ::heart:: ::heart::
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Hrithika I want to thank you for all that you have brought into this board. You have carried the load & I am so sorry I could only do so little because of my eyes. You have been a trooper and now I hope you will get a good rest when Marie closes the board down. Take care of yourself. ::huggy:: ::yessss::

Not sure when Marie is closing the board down, so to all the members who have joined I wish you all well going forward and hope you wil continue to support Adam. ::flowers:: ::grouphug::
shuboogie
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by shuboogie »

Hey there!

I just wanted to let you know I want to help save this site. How can I contact you to discuss?

Cheers
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

Take kontakt with madamimadam ::hello::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

shuboogie wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:57 am Hey there!

I just wanted to let you know I want to help save this site. How can I contact you to discuss?

Cheers
Hi!

Welcome to the board and thank you sooooooo much for offering your help!

I sent you a private message (access at the top of the page).

I look forward to our discussion! ::yessss::
"It is what it is!"
shuboogie
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by shuboogie »

HI AGAIN

thanks for the welcome!

Looks like I cant' reply to your DM because I dont have enough posts here. Daggnabbit. I have been DM-ing you on twitter tho. Would you like me to post my phone number there for you to call if it's easier than trying to deal with reading online?
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-07-14 at 10.58.34 pm.png
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Well, crap! ::argh::

What’s your twitter name?
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Can you try your PMs again? I updated your permissions. ::thumbsup::
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Hi guys!

I have some great news and some semi-bad news…

First, the great news. I was contacted by our host company to notify me of a new fee structure. I talked with them, ready to cancel the site soon. It turns out that the hosting fees are paid for until February 17, 2026! So the site will remain viable for another 2.5 years!!!! ::dancing::

Now for the semi-bad news. A lot of the apps required to provide the download links used in the Treasure Chest of Links were coming due for renewal soon. I’ve cancelled my subscriptions to all but one of them (Mega, Google Drive, SoundCloud, Pdotobucket, etc.). That means those download links no longer work.

I have yet to cancel my Mediafire subscription. Mediafire represents about 95% of the download links. It will cost me over $300 to keep the subscription viable for the next 2.5 years. If you guys want to keep those download links available, I’m asking you to support the expense for that. Unfortunately, I’m facing an October 5th deadline for renewal. So if you want to, click on the “Donate” button on the top right to support keeping the download links, you must do it very quickly!

If I can’t cover my cost, I’ll simply cancel that account as well.

In any case, the bottom line is that this site will remain accessible for another 2.5 years!!!!
"It is what it is!"
sandyrk

Post by sandyrk »

Hi Marie!
Sandyrk here! I did not know that you were up & kicking! So happy to hear this! I’m very happy to contribute to keeping your Mediagire account alive. Just let me know how!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

sandyrk wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:25 am Hi Marie!
Sandyrk here! I did not know that you were up & kicking! So happy to hear this! I’m very happy to contribute to keeping your Mediagire account alive. Just let me know how!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just click on the Donate button at the top right. We're almost there!!!!!
"It is what it is!"
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Hi Marie..... ::hello:: Sent a small donation thru PayPal. I'm sorry that it's only a small one but this was bad timing as I had to pay up front for my cataract surgery. Unfortunately it wasn't all covered by Ohip and I still have to purchase the 2 eye kits since both eyes are being done in November. Hope things are better or are getting better with your eyes. ::huggy::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

You guys did it!!!! We have enough money to keep MediaFire alive for the next 2.5 years!

Thanks to all who contributed!!!!

Now for some incredible, FANTASTIC, FABULOUS news!!!!!

Thanks to Jason Lin, the Treasure Chest of Links is being uploaded to a GoogleDrive where it will remain available forever!!!!! I have a lot of work to do to upload and organize everything over there. It might take me up to a year to get it just so! As soon as I'm done, I'll give everyone the link to access all of it!!!!!

::groupwave:: ::groupwave:: ::groupwave:: ::groupwave:: ::groupwave:: ::groupwave:: ::groupwave:: ::groupwave:: ::groupwave:: ::groupwave:: ::groupwave:: ::groupwave::
"It is what it is!"
shuboogie
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by shuboogie »

Awesome news all round. And thank you Jason!!!!!! That's is a major achievement.
Scorpiobert

Post by Scorpiobert »

This is very good news, a huge thank you to you and Jason <3
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Just heard the fantastic news. A huge thank you to both you and Jason.
AussieGlambert

Post by AussieGlambert »

This is Brilliant news all around. This is my one and only Adam Lambert forum I have ever come to since being a Glambert Thank you to you and Jason. ::clapbig:: ::clapbig:: ::clapbig::
Glambert 4 Life
WitchyWoman

Post by WitchyWoman »

Hurrah! I check in every day and would be so sad to lose this awesome place. Congrats and thanks to everyone who makes this possible. ::grouphug::
WitchyWoman

Post by WitchyWoman »

This is a Hrithika appreciation post. I've just been scrolling through the 2023 QAL Tour Forum. Hrithika, you are one of the brightest treasures in this treasure chest. Thank you for all you do. ::heart::

Return to “Let's Talk!”