MTT Mod
MTT Mod
2013-03-08 Singapore

Post by Tiki »

Love2Lurk' date='Mar 8th 2013, 9:45 PM

from......entertainment.xin.msn.com

09 March 2013 08:15
Adam Lambert shows both style and substance at Singapore show
The American Idol favourite rocked local Glamberts with both over-the-top performances and down-to-earth renditions

Text and photos: Tammi Tan
Video: Tay Yixuan

“Someone once asked me if I’m promoting a certain ‘lifestyle’ in my shows,” Adam Lambert told fans at his gig here last night. It was near the end of the event, but liveliness levels in the Star Theatre @ The Star Performing Arts Centre remained sky-high.

“I said the only lifestyle I’m promoting is one of love, friendship, joy, music and fashion. And if anyone wants to come and be a part of this lifestyle, well, we accept everybody!”
A clear, strong message to those who’ve ever discriminated against the singer’s sexuality (which, judging by the number of euphoric fan girls, is clearly not an issue!).

Recent controversies aside, Adam’s first full Singapore showcase proved to be a stunning and smooth-sailing affair – no unexpected technical glitches, no weird sound system mess-ups, and as far as we heard, not even off-key moments from the talented rocker.

Vivid lights, intense music and nimble backup dancers signaled the start of the two-hour event. 4,500 Glamberts immediately erupted into earth-shattering cheers the moment their Idol emerged, decked in sheening sapphire (seriously, who else could pull that look off?).
more here.....

http://entertainment.xin.msn.com/en/celebr...e-show#scpshrtu
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod
2013-03-08 Singapore

Post by Tiki »

Love2Lurk' date='Mar 8th 2013, 10:48 PM

Adam Lambert: The only lifestyle I’m promoting is one of love, friendship, music and joy
By Jeffrey Oon | Singapore Showbiz – 57 minutes ago
It took nearly three-quarters into the 90-minute concert for Adam Lambert to hit back at his critics, but boy when he did, he hit hard.
"Someone asked me in an interview, 'Are you promoting a certain lifestyle?'", said the openly gay glam rocker to an audience of about 3,500 at the cavernous Star Vista theatre on Friday evening.
"My answer was, 'The only lifestyle I am promoting is one of love and friendship, music, joy and fashion. So whoever wants to be part of that lifestyle, yeah, we accept anybody," said the 31-year-old to raucous applause.

And that was that, as the former "American Idol" alumni put the final nail in the coffin on his detractors, who had raised a week-long ruckus why he was being allowed to performed at a venue owned by Rock Productions, the business arm of New Creation Church.
couple of fan comments.....

"He was just a darling, and the concert was really, really nice. You can see he likes to perform," said a Singaporean in her 50s who simply wanted to be known as Renatee.
"Sometimes you have to forgive others and accept others the way they are," she added, in reference to the week-long controversy preceding the concert.

"Lambert's message is clear. He is promoting a lifestyle of tolerance and friendship and love -- the exact core values a church is supposed to promote".

pics & more here.........
http://sg.entertainment.yahoo.com/blogs/si...-014708707.html
SO PROUND OF ADAM.....CHANGING THE WORLD BY BEING HIS SWEET PROUD SELF !!!!!!
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod
2013-03-08 Singapore

Post by Tiki »

Love2Lurk' date='Mar 9th 2013, 8:12 AM

REVIEW
Adam Lambert is here for our entertainment

Adam Lambert Live in Singapore
Date: Mar 9, 2013 (Fri)
Time: 8pm
Venue: The Star Theatre, The Star Performing Centre

Text: Sherman Yang
Photos: Hype Records

When American Idol Adam Lambert stepped on to stage in an electric blue suit to ‘If I Had You’, the crowd instantly went wild with cheers and jumping off their seats. Who needs a mosh pit when you can create one yourself! Never mind that they bought actual “seats”, the crowd really didn’t need them.

Pushing the boundaries

Lambert was cheeky throughout his performances but yet managed to restrain it to a tasteful level. Before bursting into ‘Naked Love’, he cheekily shouted, “take it off” to which his two dancers whipped off their tops and walked off stage. Adam Lambert never gave cause for any controversies even as he danced flirtatiously with his backup dancers, shaking his booty and working the stage.

There was a witty dig at one of the girls in to front row too when Lambert was trying to get them off their feet to dance along. “She’s busy decorating her Facebook page” said Lambert, drawing much laughter from the crowd.

In a snappy reply to reporters who asked if he promotes an alternative lifestyle in his performances, Lambert quipped, “The only lifestyle I’m promoting is the lifestyle of love and friendship, the lifestyle of music, joy and fashion. So whoever wants to come and be a part of that lifestyle, we accept everybody.”

The crowd went even more insane, cheering on Lambert’s reply.
pics & more here.....

http://www.meradio.sg/musicportal/mainframe
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod
2013-03-08 Singapore

Post by Tiki »

barb4Adam' date='Mar 9th 2013, 9:25 AM

Medolive ‏@Medolive
WHOAH! RT @Glam4Mama RT @milkywayfairy Wow, he's flying!! RT @SweetOnPeacexx What is this photo!! haha @adamlambert!! http://t.co/bDmUaGFDa5

Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod
2013-03-08 Singapore

Post by Tiki »

barb4Adam' date='Mar 9th 2013, 2:10 PM

Adam Lambert Says He's Promoting A Lifestyle Of Love, Friendship, Music And Joy
By On Top Magazine Staff
Published: March 09, 2013

Adam Lambert on Friday responded to criticism that he should not have been allowed to perform at a Singapore venue owned by a church.

More than an hour into his 90-minute performance at the Star Vista Performing Arts Center (The Star PAC) theatre in Star Vista, the openly gay Lambert hit back at his critics.

“Someone asked me in an interview, 'Are you promoting a certain lifestyle?'” Lambert told an audience estimated at 4,500. “My answer was, 'The only lifestyle I am promoting is one of love and friendship, music, joy and fashion.' So whoever wants to be part of that lifestyle, yeah, we accept anybody.” (The video is embedded on this page. Visit our video library for more videos.)

The controversy erupted last week after a compliant was reportedly filed to the National Council of Churches (NCCS), which represents more than 200 churches in Singapore. The center is fully owned by Rock Productions, the business arm of the New Creation Church (NCC), a member of NCCS.

Yahoo! Entertainment Singapore praised Lambert's performance: “The control and poise of his soaring, multi-octave vocal range that took him all the way to the final of Idol season 8 was breath-taking, and it was clear for all to see that the eye-lined glam rocker has grown leaps and bounds as an entertainer since his TV debut.”
http://www.ontopmag.com/article.aspx?id=14...amp;Category=22
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod
2013-03-08 Singapore

Post by Tiki »

Kr_Stina12' date='Mar 9th 2013, 4:15 PM

The Karate Kid of Shanghai :D

Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod
2013-03-08 Singapore

Post by Tiki »

barb4Adam' date='Mar 9th 2013, 9:33 PM

Shahida Rahmat

Shahida Rahmat
Cuckoo

More good ones here...
https://www.youtube.com/user/shahida7?feature=watch
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod
2013-03-08 Singapore

Post by Tiki »

BHS9697' date='Mar 10th 2013, 2:25 AM

Press interview now on Youtube :)

bt adamjosh
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod
2013-03-08 Singapore

Post by Tiki »

leothelion' date='Mar 10th 2013, 6:49 AM

The venue in Singapore was a lot better than the Moscow venue which was a sports stadium and also I was much closer so I think that made a difference to my experience. When he was on the Glam Nation tour, he was singing at least 4 concerts a week so he had to protect his voice more. In Singapore he sang glory notes on a lot of his songs. The back up singers help him a lot too. Sealuv mentioned a transition from a cabaret style to rock star style, and though I never really thought of him as cabaret style in the past I know what she means. Long story short, he has now had a lot of experience putting on concerts and it shows.
I think my favourite moment was Chokehold.
He did two encore's, but I think it was because he forgot Music Again. After Trespassing, the band conferred on stage and were laughing amongst themselves briefly, then Adam came out and sang Music Again. On the official setlist it was higher up. He also forgot the words of Dragon Attack, but did a great recovery.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod
2013-03-08 Singapore

Post by Tiki »

grammamia' date='Mar 10th 2013, 9:15 AM

The Lambrits ‏@LambritsUK

Great blog from *Canadian Rainwater about seeing Adam Lambert live in Singapore :) http://canadian-rainwater.deviantart.com/j...APORE-358347433
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod
2013-03-08 Singapore

Post by Tiki »

bebeg' date='Mar 10th 2013, 3:00 PM

http://www.spinorbinmusic.com/2013/03/10/c...ore-on-march-8/

Concert Review: Adam Lambert ‘LIVE’ in Singapore on March 8!

He came (to Singapore), he saw (the crowd) , he conquered (our hearts). That much can be said about Adam Lambert, the man who made The Star Theatre packed back-to-back a total Glamfest. With three costume changes as striking as his personality – not one, not two, but three - and back-up singers and dancers every bit as fabulous as himself, it’s only too easy to say that Lambert’s first official concert here is a truly stunning one, even if it’s a shame that our interview with him was cancelled by his management.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod
2013-03-08 Singapore

Post by Tiki »

Love2Lurk' date='Mar 10th 2013, 6:22 PM

This is cute :wub: :wub:

Cell Phone Mary lol ‏@bayoulady60
Great new vid for SINGAPORE the one where adam looks into camera during MA http://youtu.be/MFeFm3gN62w
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod
2013-03-08 Singapore

Post by Tiki »

bebeg' date='Mar 10th 2013, 9:37 PM

http://www.tnp.sg/content/parents-take-kid...amberts-concert

Parents take kids as young as six to Lambert's concert

By:
Charlene Chua

When Adam Lambert launched into his hit Whataya You Want From Me, the answer came loud and clear from his Singapore fans: “We want your talent, never mind your sexual inclination.”

Or to put it in typically succinct Singapore fashion: You’re gay. So what?

At Lambert's concert on Friday, the 31-year-old’s ardent supporters showed him just how much they adored him.

The concert had been given an Advisory 16 rating, which means that while there are no age restrictions on admission, the gig may not be suitable for younger audiences.

Still, that did not stop parents like housewife Shereen Goh, 30, from taking her son, six, to the show.

"I took my son here because Adam makes such good music and he's a class performer," she said.

"I want my son to learn that above all, he has to accept people just the way they are."

Read the full report in The New Paper on Monday (March 11).
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod
2013-03-08 Singapore

Post by Tiki »

sealuv' date='Mar 10th 2013, 10:55 PM

maybe a bit redundant ....but who doesn't love redundancy when it cumes to Mr. Adam F. Lambert........ :D
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod
2013-03-08 Singapore

Post by Tiki »

sealuv' date='Mar 10th 2013, 11:06 PM

have no idea how to rotate this sucker...but love the title!!!!!!. :thumbsup: .....Image
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod
2013-03-08 Singapore

Post by Tiki »

Love2Lurk' date='Mar 11th 2013, 7:34 AM

:wub:

Concert review: Adam Lambert

BY
DEBORAH ONG

SINGAPORE – This writer was rooting for Adam Lambert when I first saw him on American Idol back in 2009, where he impressed with his multi-octave range and amazing ability to rearrange songs. Hence, I felt rather upset when he eventually lost the crown, and I remember thinking to myself: “If only I had the chance to hear him live, I bet that would be amazing.”

Well, I finally had the opportunity to do so when Lambert graced our shores on Friday night, performing a one-and-a half-hour set of his hit singles at the Star Performing Arts Centre. Sporting an electric blue suit, Lambert opened the show with a faced-paced, energy-pumping rendition of If I Had You, much to the delight of his many screaming fans. It was nothing less than what I would have expected of the glam rock diva, and soon enough, everyone was dancing along with him. It was an explosive start to a concert.

Keeping up the pace of the concert with his other more popular songs like Naked Love and Never Close Your Eyes, Lambert sashayed across the stage with a truckload of attitude and sass, entertaining with both his amazing vocal ability and his many dance interludes during the performance. He followed that with a slower set, kicking off with an emotional rendition of What Do You Want From Me. It was refreshing seeing a slower, mellower side of Lambert, and it brought back memories of when he first caught my eye with his haunting cover of Mad World on American Idol. It was the set I personally preferred, and I wished it lasted longer.

Strip away all the theatrics, and it is evident that Lambert is a very accomplished vocalist - one whose voice carries loads of experience, with incredible range and falsetto. But one thing really stood out for me: The amount of vocal control Lambert displayed showed how much more polished his performances have become, and long gone are the days where critics labeled him as “over-indulgent”. Truth be told, I was bracing myself for an over the top performance filled with lots of theatrics and screeching falsettos, but to my pleasant surprise, Lambert did not go overboard.

There was also a treat in store for the Queen fans in the audience when Lambert delivered a powerful cover of Queen’s Dragon Attack, a fitting tribute to the late Freddie Mercury. It was so good that I was a little disappointed that he did not cover more songs, as I really wanted to witness his ability to make those songs his own.

It was an overall coherent performance, even though there were a few awkward pauses in the middle. But that’s nitpicking. Lambert is undeniably a natural performer, effortlessly charming and endearing, and the crowd took to him immediately. He went to the crowd numerous times to shake their hands, and told them to get on their feet and dance.

Lambert also took the chance to address the controversy surrounding a few of his pre-event interviews, telling the audience that he was only concerned about promoting a lifestyle of “love, friendship, music, joy and fashion” (the latter being evident as he changed into four different flamboyant outfits during the concert).

Whether you love him or hate, agree or disagree with him, you can’t deny that Lambert has mad talent. He is one performer who knows who he is, and this was something that clearly translated in his whole performance. Adam Lambert’s concert was fun, fierce and fabulous - all the little things everyone knew he already was.

http://www.todayonline.com/entertainment/m...adam-lambert-45 :wub: :wub:
@DariaBatina OIC)) This is some hotel owner in Singapore who thanks Adam for being their guest :) http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/a8ccd42egw1e2lpy4xbq2j.jpg

GREAT PIC HERE^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod
2013-03-08 Singapore

Post by Tiki »

barb4Adam' date='Mar 12th 2013, 12:56 PM

Page 1... http://t.co/SS55xzvpgj
Thought I would keep these together....."So what if he's gay".

Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod
2013-03-08 Singapore

Post by Tiki »

GlambertHikari' date='Mar 12th 2013, 1:01 PM

I actually wasn't intending to write a review, because I could never explain how that man ever works his magic. It's just not possible to capture his soulful, sexy, vulnerable, and powerful vocals in words. But then I decided, why not? :P I will post a loong review tomorrow!

Yes, I did take pictures, just a few though! I wanted to concentrate on Adam! I have them here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1...2831&type=3

These are my favorite pictures I personally took:

....and the set list I managed to seize from the stage :P

The last one is a photo from weibo, not sure if you guys have seen it yet!

Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod
2013-03-08 Singapore

Post by Tiki »

Love2Lurk' date='Mar 12th 2013, 7:12 PM

Parents at Lambert gig: So what if he's gay

By Charlene Chua
The New Paper
Wednesday, Mar 13, 2013

SINGAPORE - When Adam Lambert launched into his hit Whataya You Want From Me, the answer came loud and clear from his Singapore fans: "We want your talent, never mind your sexual inclination.."
Or to put it in typically succinct Singapore fashion: You're gay. So what?
The out and proud US pop star, known for his flamboyance and boldness when expressing controversial opinions, had addressed his sexuality when he met the local media last week.

more here.....
http://news.asiaone.com/News/Latest+News/S...311-407847.html
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod
2013-03-08 Singapore

Post by Hrithika »

Return to “2013 We Are Glamily Tour”