Poll: What Are Your Favorite Five Tracks on "The Original High"?

What Are Your Favorite Five Tracks on "The Original High"?

Ghost Town
7%
The Original High
15%
Another Lonely Night
8%
Underground
4%
There I Said It
8%
Rumors
6%
Evil in the Night
11%
Lucy
5%
Things I Didn't Say
6%
The Light
10%
Heavy Fire
3%
After Hours
4%
Shame
8%
These Boys
6%

Total votes: 141

DerekMcG

Post by DerekMcG »

I thought it would be fun for us to vote for our favourite five tracks (in no particular order) on the deluxe version of The Original High. And recognizing that (if you're like me) your choices probably change on a regular basis, you can come back and change your votes at any stage.

Have fun, and feel free to discuss your choices on this thread! ::smile::
MsDorenaS

Post by MsDorenaS »

So hard. Changes all the time. I'm loving the whole cd. So surprised Ghost town doesn't have more love. I so love to sing along when it comes on the radio. Makes me happy ::banana::
hotouthere

Post by hotouthere »

This is the order in which I enjoy the songs. I gave a few equal credit as they are equally enjoyable ::grin:: .

1 The Original High
2 Shame
3 Evil in the Night
4 Another Lonely Night
5 The Light
6 There I Said It
6 Ghost Town
6 Things I Didn't Say
6 Underground
6 Lucy
7 Rumors
7 These Boys
7 After Hours
8 Heavy Fire

The Original High and Shame are my "can't listen just once" songs. 4-6 I usually don't re-play but enjoy singing along to. 7-8 I would say that they are the least relatable to me personally.

The funny thing about Heavy Fire, I find myself singing the chorus unconsciously (love the sound of Adam's voice in that part of the song) even though I had a hard time understanding what it is about. Thank you to the person on this forum who shared their thoughts about what it is about. That explanation definitely gave me a clearer view of what Adan may be singing about. ::haha::

I know this thread is about our favorites however, I think that The Original High would make the best next single. It is upbeat, unique and motivational. I find that the songs that are moving up the charts lately are mainly upbeat, love making, sexy, happy, motivational in nature. I think the Sam Smith, Adele lost love songs are on vacation at the moment. I love Adam's heartbreak, breakup, aching for love, songs but I think a song with a more positive subject matter would be enjoyed for the next single.
Paula

Post by Paula »

I do love them all (even Heavy Fire and Another Lonely Night, which are both beginning to grow on me), but I chose The Original High, Underground, Evil In The Night, After Hours (my absolute fave!), and These Boys.
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
donnamb

Post by donnamb »

This is tough - currently Things I Didn't Say the The Light are the ones I have to replay a few times in a row when driving to and from work. But I look forward to every track, including Lucy (except for the verses - love the chorus and guitar solo, though.)
DerekMcG

Post by DerekMcG »

Great posts, and very interesting results so far! So poor old Rumors is unique in not being in anyone's Top Five as of today... ::thinking::
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

Funny I always go back to TIDS and The Light too. Both potential radio singles. TOH is the only single that has charted though. #22 on the Dance/Digital Songs Chart. ALN could be a radio smash, it just cracked over a million plays on Spotify. MY favs though

1. Another Lonely Night
2. The Original High
3. Things I diddn't say
4. The Light
5. Rumors
6. Underground
7. Evil in the Night
8. Ghost Town
9. There I said it
10. Heavy Fire

But not much between them. ALN and TOH best radio singles. I like After Hours, These Boys, and Shame. But they feel like leftovers on the album tbh, could be big hits on Katy Perry's album. But just feel like afterthoughts to me. So deserve to be BT's IMO.
donnamb

Post by donnamb »

I like Rumors and Tove Lo, could see it as a single. It's just not in my top five.

But then, my pop-rock sensibilities have never been so main-stream. I like the quirky - would rather listen to Peter Gabriel than Phil Collins era Genesis. Back in my high school days, (nights?) I regularly listened to late night radio to 2am to hear everything free-form radio had to offer back then. Then got up at 6am to go to school, hs clubs including forensic league, competitive swimming, homework, and repeat.
Thanks to coffee and an ability to catnap on the trips between home and school and swim practice, I still managed to graduate high school as first in the class. Maybe listening to radio (Radio Gaga resonates with me - I had those earphone plugged in and listened in bed) was the relief I needed to cope with the rest of the pressure to succeed at school and sport.
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

This is a hard one.....I truly love them all ::wub::

However....My personal favs & the ones I listen to the most.....

These Boys
Shame
After Hours
Evil in the Night
Thing I did not Say

I still feel at some point ...TOH......Rumors ...& ...Lucy ...will be singles....somewhere in the world ::haha:: ::thumbup::

Loving the GT KREAM remix as well !!! ::thumbsup::
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
crocked

Post by crocked »

Of course TISI is tops for me. I love also TB, Lucy, Rumors. Difficult to choose my fifth. And so I settled for ALN. I play the whole album, not only selected few. Now I am hearing Shame... now I want to change ALN to Shame... And there are times TOH would be tops for me... But the four stays there....
DerekMcG

Post by DerekMcG »

crocked » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:08 pm wrote:Of course TISI is tops for me. I love also TB, Lucy, Rumors. Difficult to choose my fifth. And so I settled for ALN. I play the whole album, not only selected few. Now I am hearing Shame... now I want to change ALN to Shame... And there are times TOH would be tops for me... But the four stays there....
It's interesting that while There I Said It topped one early poll (elsewhere) a few weeks back, so far among the members here it's not even reached the top five (so far). Mind you, neither has Ghost Town! Curiouser and curiouser...

I'm very impressed, by the way, that the results of this poll to date have been quite different from those of our ongoing poll on choices for the second single. Clearly, everyone here recognizes the difference between a song they love and a song that they feel would be embraced by Radio ::smile::
crocked

Post by crocked »

Well, I think that Granberts would have TISI as their fav. TOH would appeal for all ages. The young (preteens, young teens) would go for the MOO. Lucy did not make it which is the top fav of Badass. And I thought it would be tops also for people here because of Brian's solo. Well, they might love it, but just not with the top 5. Yes, the results are not what I expected...

This survey is fun.
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

I like Lucy, but funny even though its the only rock song on the album. I prefer the pop tracks haha. I went

1. Another Lonely Night
2. The Original High
3. Things I diddn't Say
4. Rumors
5. Underground
DerekMcG

Post by DerekMcG »

3ku1 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:03 am wrote:I like Lucy, but funny even though its the only rock song on the album. I prefer the pop tracks haha. I went

1. Another Lonely Night
2. The Original High
3. Things I diddn't Say
4. Rumors
5. Underground
Well, "Lucy" may not be in the top five on our poll, but it certainly has fans in unlikely places: it's currently at #82 on iTunes in the Arab sultanate of Oman! Now there's a country in which a girl like Lucy might want to be careful about her recreational activities ::unsure::
svca

Post by svca »

crocked » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:45 pm wrote:Well, I think that Granberts would have TISI as their fav. TOH would appeal for all ages. The young (preteens, young teens) would go for the MOO. Lucy did not make it which is the top fav of Badass. And I thought it would be tops also for people here because of Brian's solo. Well, they might love it, but just not with the top 5. Yes, the results are not what I expected...

This survey is fun.
Well, see, generalizations and stereotyping don't always work...."granberts" as well as the young ones probably like a variety of music....

I'm going to assume that "granberts" was said with much affection ::winking::
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Finally getting in here to add my top 5. ::grin:: And they are.....

TISI
GT
Lucy
Heavy Fire
The Light

This is so interesting to see the diversity in musical tastes. Great idea in doing this Derek. ::thumbsup::
crocked

Post by crocked »

svca » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:10 pm wrote:
crocked » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:45 pm wrote:Well, I think that Granberts would have TISI as their fav. TOH would appeal for all ages. The young (preteens, young teens) would go for the MOO. Lucy did not make it which is the top fav of Badass. And I thought it would be tops also for people here because of Brian's solo. Well, they might love it, but just not with the top 5. Yes, the results are not what I expected...

This survey is fun.
Well, see, generalizations and stereotyping don't always work...."granberts" as well as the young ones probably like a variety of music....

I am a granbert myself.... I know generalizations does not work but it is fun to speculate.
crocked

Post by crocked »

svca » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:10 pm wrote:

This survey is fun.

I am a granbert myself.... I know generalizations does not work but it is fun to speculate.
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

This survey is fun.

Well....I am a Granbert and......TISI....wasn't my choice ::haha:: ::flowers::

I do love the song tho ::flowers::

Mine were----> TB.....Shame....AH.....EITN.....TIDNS

Love seeing that....TB & Shame are getting lots of votes ::thumbup::

It is interesting to see everyone's choices ::thumbup::
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
donnamb
a

Post by donnamb »

I'm not sure what a granbert is. Does it come in male and female varieties? Does it have a natural habitat?
My girls are 15 months apart in age, one school grade apart back in that day, and are now 32 and 31 years of age respectively. They have completely different musical tastes. Although they both enjoyed going with me to QAL last summer.
Don't even ask about my 28 year old son. He also went to QAL with us all, but his music is - well, I don't know, anymore. It used to be sort of ska. ...
Moved from The Lesser Used Threads to 2015 Adam Music on Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:41 pm by madamimadam

Return to “2015 Adam Music”