***Have-At-It Never-Ending Gabfest***

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
Carmi

Post by Carmi »

3ku1 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:21 pm wrote:I am sorry but personally I well take Shoshs word over anyone here or on twitter any day of the week. She actually knows Adam, works in the industry, and would be more closer to the situation then any of us. If she says it is the truth, I am willing to trust her opinion. What has Demi really done wrong? She said some things, those things were twisted and sensationalized. And how dare her dump the great Adam Lambert lol. I am sorry but not everyone needs to be up his rear end, rainbows and butterflys. I know he centres most peoples universe who stans him.

But I just find it absurd, the people who feel they need to protect him, he is a grown ass man. This happens in the industry, its just business. I feel like some think Demi saying she loves Adam is more her lawyer talking, and she is just repeating it for good PR. Know one knows that, call me naïve or whatever you want, but when Demi says she loves Adam I believe it is genuine. Personally I Think the way adam fans are attacking Demi is short sighted, immature, petty, and unfounded. This is more between their managements, Demi and Adam are on good terms, and I trust that. But that is just me. It is funny no one had any idea Adam and Demi were even negotiating touring, the idea seems obsurd to me. So know one had any reason to resent Demi, know she is public enemy #1. Look she could of been more tactful, but following her since I was a kid haha, she has never been the type of person to stab people in the back. IMO this was just a business decision, that her management could of delt with better. And I feel unjustifiably Demi is feeling the backlash, but that is what happens when your in the public eye, everything you do and say is scrutinized. Currently Adam's career is looking great, so how about some people Let it go! Let it go! Let it go! ::grin::

You are a better man than me. ::hysterical:: to trust that Shosh tells the truth all the time. I remember full well her trying to spin a story that someone else (crazy fan) got into Adam's vehicle while he was in OZ. The Adam stans KNEW she was spinning the same story that this happened to him in NYC and called her out on it. That day, she really got a taste of how long our collective memories of all things Adam really is.

She is a PR person. She spins for her clients. My only wish is that she could have spinned something positive for him since this Demi debacle started. It would have been nice to see her earn her paycheck. PR people are supposed to be able to defuse a crisis situation. And on some scale this was a crisis to me. He has been left flapping in the wind as far as I'm concerned.

I trust that all will eventually be well for Adam. Cream always rises to the top and karma is still a bitch to the nasty out there. Moving on.
Moonlightchiara

Post by Moonlightchiara »

I think it's pretty crappy if it is true that the tour was basically set and then she dumped Adam for someone else. (And I think it probably is true for the most part.) Not knowing about these things, though - who would decide to make the change? DL or her management or whoever? If it was her decision, I don't think very highly of her. I know it's business and big money, but you don't do that to,people. Plus, it really makes me angry if they're trying to spin it that it's Adam's fault. Someone made the decision, now own it and stop making excuses/casting blame on the innocent party.

Adam's response was classy and professional, as usual. I would imagine, though, that he is angry and hurt. Am I a terrible person for hoping that her tour isn't particularly successful and that Adam runs his own tour and it is wildly popular? I think she might have made a mistake in more ways than one.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Moonlightchiara » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:13 pm wrote:I think it's pretty crappy if it is true that the tour was basically set and then she dumped Adam for someone else. (And I think it probably is true for the most part.) Not knowing about these things, though - who would decide to make the change? DL or her management or whoever? If it was her decision, I don't think very highly of her. I know it's business and big money, but you don't do that to,people. Plus, it really makes me angry if they're trying to spin it that it's Adam's fault. Someone made the decision, now own it and stop making excuses/casting blame on the innocent party.

Adam's response was classy and professional, as usual. I would imagine, though, that he is angry and hurt. Am I a terrible person for hoping that her tour isn't particularly successful and that Adam runs his own tour and it is wildly popular? I think she might have made a mistake in more ways than one.

*small voice* ... and Pentatonix took #1 on Billboard by 271 copies... Demi came in second... Just sayin'....
"It is what it is!"
donnamb

Post by donnamb »

I'm not one to go spouting off on someone's twitter or a gossip website. There's no way to put a positive spin on things, and, really, when you're in the field I'm in, you should just draft a statement and put it away for 12 hours or so.
So, Demi and NJ are headed off for their sixth tour together. It's not like Adam's fandom was holding its collective breath for a co-tour, or whatever it may have been. It's the press, which we have no way of knowing its accuracy, which has us in angst.
Adam has obviously moved on, and is probably way ahead of us in deciding which way to go for a truly international tour.
And now I don't want to give Demi and Nick another bit of my energy.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

I agree with you, Donna... but there has to be a place where people can vent... This is as good a place as any... IMHO....
"It is what it is!"
svca

Post by svca »

I feel like I'm living under a rock, but I had to look up to see who Pentatonix was....WOW!

I don't know if I could sit through an entire concert, but they're fun to watch on YouTube.

I like the little guy with the high voice....he's soooo adorable, and he has an awesome voice.

I thought about buying an album, but when you just listen to them, their songs kind of all sound the same ::tomato::
sandra

Post by sandra »

Moonlightchiara » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:13 pm wrote: ...

Am I a terrible person for hoping that her tour isn't particularly successful and that Adam runs his own tour and it is wildly popular?

(Sorry, the quote feature won't work for me.)

If so, I think many of us are terrible. Is the wild success of this tour a given? I didn't realize NJ was that popular.

I didn't know who Pentatonix was either until recently, but indeed, wow! I think there's an Adam connecdtion there, as they're into the same charities.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Well, the last two tours NJ was associated with were cancelled... so there's that... Three time's a charm?

Adam and Pentatonix are also paired in some of the Xmas shows Adam is doing... Some fans are hoping that they open for Adam's tour... Pentatonix have no plans for a tour at this time.

Just sayin'....
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Sandra: I fixed the quote for you. It doesn't work if you click on the quotation marks on top right of someone's post?
"It is what it is!"
Paula

Post by Paula »

madamimadam » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:21 pm wrote:Well, the last two tours NJ was associated with were cancelled... so there's that... Three time's a charm?

Adam and Pentatonix are also paired in some of the Xmas shows Adam is doing... Some fans are hoping that they open for Adam's tour... Pentatonix have no plans for a tour at this time.

Just sayin'....
That would be great, but I'd rather see Adam for the entire time of a concert, instead of an opener!
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
sandra

Post by sandra »

madamimadam » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:24 am wrote:Sandra: I fixed the quote for you. It doesn't work if you click on the quotation marks on top right of someone's post?
Thanks, Marie! Yes, I did click on those quote marks.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

sandra » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:40 pm wrote:
madamimadam » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:24 am wrote:Sandra: I fixed the quote for you. It doesn't work if you click on the quotation marks on top right of someone's post?
Thanks, Marie! Yes, I did click on those quote marks.
... and it worked!!!! YAY!!!!! ::wheee::
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Paula » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:36 pm wrote:
madamimadam » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:21 pm wrote:Well, the last two tours NJ was associated with were cancelled... so there's that... Three time's a charm?

Just sayin'....
That would be great, but I'd rather see Adam for the entire time of a concert, instead of an opener!
Adam has Melanie opening for him in Australia. Nothing wrong with an opener, although they may suffer if they don't catch Adam's fans 'attention'.
"It is what it is!"
svca

Post by svca »

Well, I guess openers depend on whether you like their voice or not....wouldn't mind sitting through Pentatonix, don't know who this Melanie is, but couldn't stand Allison's voice when he did GNT. So it's probably almost impossible to find opening acts that everybody could agree on.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

svca » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:11 pm wrote:Well, I guess openers depend on whether you like their voice or not....wouldn't mind sitting through Pentatonix, don't know who this Melanie is, but couldn't stand Allison's voice when he did GNT. So it's probably almost impossible to find opening acts that everybody could agree on.
True! I still remember the poor opening act at Adan's first Fantasy Spring show... I don't think anyone heard anything they sang... We just cheered when they said Adam was on next.

I happen to like Melanie. She's very quirky. She was on XFactor, I think. But that's for Australia. I don't know who Adam has in mind for the rest of the tour.

BTW, TMZ just aired and they opened with #Tourgate:

"Just saw TMZ. Lead story is #Tourgate They think Demi is a "Smart Bitch* for taking the bigger star, and that it's not called friend biz."

Adam looks like he is a lesser artist... I hate this friggin' #Tourgate and FU Demi! There I Said It!!!!!
"It is what it is!"
svca

Post by svca »

So I take it, Marie, you're NOT buying Demi's new album ?? ::hysterical:: ::hysterical::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

svca » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:18 pm wrote:So I take it, Marie, you're NOT buying Demi's new album ?? ::hysterical:: ::hysterical::
Bite me!!!!! ::angry::

ETA: But I might buy Pentatonix so their numbers stay up next week... ::crylaugh::
"It is what it is!"
Paula

Post by Paula »

madamimadam » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:14 pm wrote: BTW, TMZ just aired and they opened with #Tourgate:

"Just saw TMZ. Lead story is #Tourgate They think Demi is a "Smart Bitch* for taking the bigger star, and that it's not called friend biz."

Adam looks like he is a lesser artist... I hate this friggin' #Tourgate and FU Demi! There I Said It!!!!!
UGH! Girl, I am WITH you on this!
Paula

Post by Paula »

svca » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:18 pm wrote:So I take it, Marie, you're NOT buying Demi's new album ?? ::hysterical:: ::hysterical::
HA! I know I won't be! In fact, I bought Selena's instead!
sandra

Post by sandra »

Maybe someone who knows pop better than me can tell me, can Selena really sing? Does she have Rihanna/Katy -style staying power? I get her mixed up with Carly Jepsen.

Return to “Let's Talk!”