2010-04-13/14 American Idol - MENTOR AND PERFORMANCE

Post by glambertparty »

'MoreGlam' date='Apr 14th 2010, 9:23 AM'

via PF :)

from http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/....ban-s ings.html

'American Idol' Elvis week live: Ryan Seacrest dances while Tim Urban sings
By Andrea Reiher
April 14, 2010 12:52 AM ET

Zap2it's weekly "Dispatches from Inside the 'Idol' Dome" brings fanatics like you (and us) closer to all the action. What didn't viewers see on the TV broadcast? We got it covered.

"American Idol" Elvis week came complete with some Katie-loving librarians, Ryan Seacrest dancing with Michael Sarver and an insane cafeteria lady desperate for attention and/or a t-shirt, bag or iPod touch. What else was happening off-camera?

Signs, signs, everywhere signs...
•The best sign of the night was a tie between "Librarians [heart] Katie Stevens" and "Eve [heart] Adam."
•The first one inspires so many questions -- why do librarians love Katie? Is it just librarians or does that extend to other book-related occupations? Is it because she looks like that kiss-up good girl in high school who always came to librarians for help on her term papers?
•And the other sign is awesome because who doesn't love a little Biblical humor?

Celebs!
•The fervor surrounding the "Glee" cast was crazy. Debbie the Stage Manager had to keep commanding the mosh pit guests to turn around and pay attention to the stage.

The Judgery and Seacrest
•After the judges were introduced, Kara practically flew into Adam Lambert's arms and Simon was right on her heels to shake Adam's hand.

•During the first commercial break, Simon's fiancee and "Idol" makeup artist Mezghan Hussainy, ran out from backstage and gave both Adam and his mom big hugs.

good to read about the judges' reactions ... :)

Rolling Stone at http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/in....l-elvis- night/

Adam Lambert Brings Straight Talk to ‘American Idol’ Elvis Night
4/14/10, 8:12 am EST

American Idol may have generated artists who have sold more albums than last season’s glittery runner-up, but the show has never birthed a star of Adam Lambert’s magnetism. But depending on who you ask, he became the first former contestant invited back as a mentor because he energized the series (and raked in big ratings), or needs the show’s help as he’s “struggling” to live down his controversial American Music Awards performance from November: the latter was what the show’s executive producer spun to EW earlier this week. (The show has certainly attempted to spotlight former winners with truly struggling careers, like Ruben Studdard and Taylor Hicks.)

Either way, Lambert returned last night to guide the remaining nine hopefuls through songs by Elvis Presley, a rock star to whom he was oft compared by his loyal fans last season. The good news: Lambert didn’t hold back, bringing some much-needed straight talk to the mostly underwhelming cast. The bad news: the performances were still fairly horrendous. Even worse: Ryan Seacrest couldn’t resist throwing Lambert a stupid curveball at the top of the show, mumbling about how “my tongue is not nearly as talented as yours.” But wait, a silver lining: it was still better than this mind-numbingly awful rendition of “For Your Entertainment” that aired on Idol ratings rival Dancing With the Stars on Monday. Yes, it’ll actually make you miss the AMAs:
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'TuesNightGroupie' date='Apr 14th 2010, 10:37 AM'

from
'American Idol' Elvis week live: Ryan Seacrest dances while Tim Urban sings
By Andrea Reiher
April 14, 2010 12:52 AM ET

The Judgery and Seacrest
•After the judges were introduced, Kara practically flew into Adam Lambert's arms and Simon was right on her heels to shake Adam's hand.

•During the first commercial break, Simon's fiancee and "Idol" makeup artist Mezghan Hussainy, ran out from backstage and gave both Adam and his mom big hugs.[/color]

Awww.......I'm so happy they still love Adam so much and run to snuggle him up.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'joooory' date='Apr 14th 2010, 11:39 AM'

People Magazine.

http://www.people.com/people/gallery/0,,20...0.html#20770146

IDOL EYES

Season 8 American Idol runner-up Adam Lambert keeps mom Leila by his side Tuesday during a taping of the talent show in L.A. The singer, who mentored contestants this week, will perform onstage tonight.
BB so UNF ::devil:: ::icecream:: Mombert is So Cute ::wub:: ::huggy::

I wanna eat him up ::icecream::

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'joooory' date='Apr 14th 2010, 12:00 PM'

The Idols Get All Shook Up -- by Glambert

http://www.thewrap.com/ind-column/idols-ge...-glambert-16295

Thought “Idol” couldn’t get any more dramatic than last week’s Judges’ Save? Well, you thought wrong, my friends, because this week marked the return of the Master of Melodrama himself!

That’s right, last year’s runner-up, Adam Lambert, came back to mentor the Season 9 hopefuls. No the theme wasn’t pyrotechnics or dramatic entrances. As I speculated last week, the Idols did, in fact, tackle the songs of Elvis Presley. (Just call me Miss Cleo!)

Now, if you followed my musings last year, you know that I have never been a huge fan of Glambert and his guyliner. In addition, the fact that the producers even chose to feature him as a mentor at all drew a capital “WTF?” from me. With so many “AI” alums to choose from, why would they ask him? He hasn’t even been off the “Idol” stage for a full year and -- I hate to rub it in -- but he didn’t win.

What’s next? Is he going to be auditioning for Simon’s seat?

I have to say, though, that he actually did a really good job mentoring. He offered the contestants real advice and criticized them with honesty and tact, no easy feat. He lauded the Idol’s personalities and voices, saying that they just needed “a little coffee.” (Funny, I always thought Elvis was more of a barbiturate kind of guy.)

The more I thought about it, I realized that it was actually Adam’s fans, not he himself, who turned me off to him last year. They were so passionate that they were borderline rude, even calling people who didn’t worship him homophobes. In the end I don’t think it was homophobia that lost Glambert the “Idol” crown; I think it was the off-putting bravado of his fans.

He won me over right away when he first addressed the Idols and got the big question (which was “WTF?”) out of the way. “Obviously I’m just at the beginning of my career,” he said, “so what the heck do I know?” But he went on to explain that he knows exactly what the Idols are going through. And I have to hand it to him, he does know how to perform.

BB's Charm ::wub:: ::huggy::

There were only two real gaffes during last night’s show and, not surprisingly, they came from Ryan Seacrest. The first was when Glambert was jokingly coaching him on how to sing better, telling him he had to “get the tongue out” more. Seacrest responded, “My tongue is not nearly as talented as yours.”

What?! Are you serious, Ryan? This is a family show. Save the PG-13 stuff for “Keeping Up With the Kardashians.” (See my story from Tuesday, "'Idol's' Problem Isn't Ellen Anymore, It's Ryan.")

What did his fans do
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Lilly_Lambert' date='Apr 14th 2010, 12:20 PM'

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'joooory' date='Apr 14th 2010, 12:26 PM'

From MJ blog

http://mjsbigblog.com/american-idol-rating...aks-records.htm

American Idol Ratings: Idol Wins The Night, Glee Breaks Records

Via the Hollywood Reporter: http://livefeed.hollywoodreporter.com/2010...eries-high.html

The big ratings news from last night was Glee’s record breaking numbers, certainly aided by the healthy lead-in from American Idol

“Glee” drew a record 13.7 million viewers and a 5.6 preliminary adults 18-49 rating. The “Glee” return was 44% bigger than its pilot preview after the “American Idol” finale last year.

“Glee” retained 78% of its 90-minute “Idol” (20.6 million, 7.3) lead-in to easily rank as the night’s highest-rated scripted series.

Last week, Idol totaled roughly 20.40 million viewers and a 7.1 rating/19 share among adults 18-49 from 8-10 p.m. Not much of a change from week to week…

According to the Hollywood reporter, Monday’s Dancing with the Stars, had 20 million viewers, 4.8 preliminary adults 18-49. Close! We’ll see how it pans out when the final numbers come in.

I'm kind of confused they said Last week !! so where is this week rating !!
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Tinydolly' date='Apr 14th 2010, 12:43 PM'

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/04/14/adam-lam...ol-ken-warwick/
Adam Lambert responds to 'American Idol' exec producer Ken Warwick: 'I don't feel like I'm struggling at all'
by Adam B. Vary
Categories: American Idol, Music, News, Reality TV, Television

In anticipation of Adam Lambert’s appearance as a mentor on American Idol this week, Idol exec. producer Ken Warwick told EW on Monday that “at the moment [Lambert's] not doing quite as well [in his career].” Warwick explained that he hoped Lambert’s appearance on Idol would help put him “back firmly where he belongs, as a major star,” adding that “it kind of breaks my heart to see someone with that much talent struggle a bit.”

EW caught up with Lambert at Idol last night during a post-show press Q&A, and asked him about Warwick’s comments. “It’s so sweet of him,” Lambert replied lightheartedly. “I don’t feel like I’m struggling at all. I think things are right where they need to be. My single ‘What Do You Want From Me,’ is just breaking into the Top 10 right now.” The track, which Lambert will perform during tonight’s Idol results show, is currently at No. 13 on Billboard’s Pop chart, and number 23 on the Billboard Hot 100, having peaked at No. 20.

“I’m really glad that they had me on the show,” Lambert added. “I really enjoyed helping the other contestants.” So what it was like for him to sit in the Idol studio audience instead of perform on the stage? “It was a trip being out there,” Lambert said. “My mom was sitting next to me tonight, and she was like, ‘This is what it used to be like for us! We used to sit here and we got so nervous and we’d be chewing our gum really hard and we’d be going Oh god, I hope he does a good job!‘”
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'joooory' date='Apr 14th 2010, 12:46 PM'

Associated Press Adam Lambert Returns to 'Idol' for Elvis Week ::flowers::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Little Bee' date='Apr 14th 2010, 7:01 PM'

HQ pics from Ninni

http://img717.imageshack.us/g/highres02395568.jpg/
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'CakeFinale' date='Apr 14th 2010, 7:12 PM'

i'm not sure where the itunes thread is now so I'm gonna post this here cause it probably has something to do with his being on Idol last night.

Canadian itunes Pop Chart:

Albums:

Remixes #3
FYE #10 (Back in the Top 10 :D )

Songs

WWFM #13
FYE #41
Voodoo #74

Canadian itunes General Music Chart:

Albums:

Remixes #15
FYE #51

Songs

WWFM #16
FYE #80
Voodoo #173
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'joooory' date='Apr 14th 2010, 7:28 PM'

@corylive: Watchin my boy @adamlambert rehearse for tonight's show. One word...SICK!!!!

::shock:: SICK, OMG I can't wait ::spaz:: ::woot:: ::woot::
he is a TV Host/Warm Up for American Idol, ::huggy::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Little Bee' date='Apr 14th 2010, 7:34 PM'

corylive @RandomPenguin There is a group number tonight!! Watch out! Plus #brookewhite, #justingaston & @adamlambert!! And double-elimination!
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'AniMaL' date='Apr 14th 2010, 8:10 PM'

http://idolforums.com/index.php?s=&sho...&p=22538806
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'cb3414' date='Apr 14th 2010, 8:16 PM'

@corylive So here's the deal @adamlambert - not a medley but trust, a new version of and visually INCREDIBLE!!!

hmmm i wonder
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'CakeFinale' date='Apr 14th 2010, 8:21 PM'

Oooh Maybe he's doing one of the WWFM remixes?

DanielleStori Going into idol now......Yay!!!:)
14 minutes ago via Twitterrific

TommyJoeRatliff At idol waiting to play:)
7 minutes ago via Echofon
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'joooory' date='Apr 14th 2010, 8:27 PM'

RT @scarlett_cherry: ..On the way to Idol with @leecherry, and @iamcarmit to see @adamlambert sing his FACE OFFFFF!!!
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'joooory' date='Apr 14th 2010, 8:30 PM'

RT @Monterrific: We're ready to rock American Idol tonight. Don't miss it! Looks INCREDIBLE! I'm excited.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'glitterynfierce' date='Apr 14th 2010, 8:59 PM'

Did you guys here the announcer? He said 'you made him a rockstar, now see Adam Lambert on American Idol'
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'CakeFinale' date='Apr 14th 2010, 9:32 PM'

Monterrific Ok. We're walking to the stage.
2 minutes ago via UberTwitter
::spaz::

Return to “2010 E&A”