2010-04-13/14 American Idol - MENTOR AND PERFORMANCE

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Little Bee' date='Apr 14th 2010, 9:42 PM'

Thank you ::flowers::

corylive: Just peeked at adamlambert getting prepped before hitting the stage. 6 pairs of hands workin on him right now. minutes away!!!!
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'joooory' date='Apr 14th 2010, 9:55 PM'

Billboarddotcom Only Adam Lambert can rock bedazzled ear pieces. Seriously. #americanidol

you dayum right ::spaz:: ::spaz:: ::spaz::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'jtrover' date='Apr 14th 2010, 9:56 PM'

AMAZING!
I expected nothing less from Adam. What a great performance! ::grin::

Speaking of being a mentor, THAT performance is especially what the contestants should have paid great attention to.

I knew he'd do something different from what we've previously saw. The lasers were awesome! Looked almost like he was in a psychedelic tornado in the beginning! ::haha:: So cool!

Talk about full circle. Sooo happy for him! Glad he got to show the AI audience what he can do AGAIN! ::thumbup::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'fangurl1964' date='Apr 14th 2010, 10:08 PM'

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/id...-adam-lambert/1

Next week, as befits Idol Gives Back, the Top 7 will sing "inspirational" hits. Alicia Keys will serve as the mentor.

Adam Lambert gets his usual tricked-out light show for Whataya Want From Me. He's wrapped in what looks looks like a cone-shaped swirling cloud of green light. And the Whataya Want From Me is neither the version from the album nor the popular acoustic version he recently performed for VH1, but something different from either.

Hope the contestants are paying attention to this. Siobhan, in particular, should listen and learn how to sing high and still retain some sense of the song. All of them could use his sense of staging. Maybe a few of them will get some ideas about things to ask for with their lighting.

Whataya think -- best performance of the season, performance or results night?

"Now, that's a performance!" says Ryan.

Adam tells Ryan that American Idol definitely prepared him for the real world of the music business.

And Ryan reminds us that Michael, Tim or Katie is about to go home.

TAGS:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/id...-adam-lambert/1http://content.usatoday.com/communities/id...-adam-lambert/1
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Sumer' date='Apr 14th 2010, 10:23 PM'

PEOPLE HERE IS A LINK FOR NOW!!!

http://adamlamberttv.blogspot.com/2010/04/...ataya-want.html
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'joooory' date='Apr 14th 2010, 10:25 PM'

Grade Adam's performance inside :flowers:

Whataya want from Adam Lambert?

Next week, as befits Idol Gives Back, the Top 7 will sing "inspirational" hits. Alicia Keys will serve as the mentor.

Adam Lambert gets his usual tricked-out light show for Whataya Want From Me. He's wrapped in what looks looks like a cone-shaped swirling cloud of green light. And the Whataya Want From Me is neither the version from the album nor the popular acoustic version he recently performed for VH1, but something different from either.

Hope the contestants are paying attention to this. Siobhan, in particular, should listen and learn how to sing high and still retain some sense of the song. All of them could use his sense of staging. Maybe a few of them will get some ideas about things to ask for with their lighting.

Whataya think -- best performance of the season, performance or results night?

"Now, that's a performance!" says Ryan.

Adam tells Ryan that American Idol definitely prepared him for the real world of the music business.

And Ryan reminds us that Michael, Tim or Katie is about to go home.

Yes Bitches learn from the master ::devil:: ::woot::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'adamazing' date='Apr 14th 2010, 10:37 PM'

OMG THAT WAS IN THE WORDS OF PAULA - THE BEST I'VE EVER HEARD HIM SING!!!!! What an amazing performer.

Poor Season 9 - they know that no one cares after talent like that came in 2nd last year.

Okay - so my hubby "forgot" to tell me that the company coming in this Friday changed their minds and were actually coming in today. I got home from work, cleaned the house, made the beds, etc. and they all wanted to know what we were doing for dinner.

I told them we were going to have a lazy night, order in and watch tv. What I didn't tell them was that we were going to watch AFL. My girlfriend knows I like his music, but doesn't realize the obsession.

When I turned on AI, she said, Oh, we listened to that Adam guys cd on the way here, he's really good. I told them we were watching AI because he was going to perform, probably WWFM. She said that was one of her least favorite songs on the cd.

When Adam came out and hit that first note, they sat up and took notice. These are friends I have had forever and we used to go to concerts all the time when we were much younger in the 70's.

After he got done - she said OMG, if he tours, will you go with me to see him live? He will be as good as Robert Plant was back in the day! The husband went and downloaded the whole album from itunes to his iphone and said he was impressed!

Go BB - sorry for the novel but I'm always so excited when a "uh" becomes an OMG! ::heart::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'swflaboy' date='Apr 14th 2010, 10:50 PM'

Lyndsey Parker Review

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/realityro...-gets-it-right/

"Well, anyway, speaking of popular male contestants, at least there was one truly exciting performance this evening: Midshow, this week's mentor and Season 8's runner-up, Adam Lambert, was thrillingly beamed down onto the stage, standing atop a grid of "TRON"-style lasers and shrouded in the fog of an overactive dry-ice machine, looking like a finalist from "Mars Idol" in his silver spacesuit. And after Sir Glambert belted out "Whataya Want From Me" near a cappella, in near darkness, Ryan raved, "Now that's a performance!"--in what seemed to be a very thinly veiled dig at the top nine who have failed to measure up to last season's overall awesomeness."
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'swflaboy' date='Apr 14th 2010, 11:03 PM'

Twats from Scarlett...love her

scarlett_cherry ...@adamlambert brought the BIZZNAZZZ...I don't think those churen were ready...and thatz whatz up

scarlett_cherry ...Smoke filled lazerzz..studded McQueen...eight octives of DOPENESS....
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'MoreGlam' date='Apr 14th 2010, 11:04 PM'

WWFM jumped at #15 on iTunes !!!!!!!!!!! ::clap:: ::clap:: ::clap::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Tiki'srose' date='Apr 14th 2010, 11:07 PM'

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1636130/2...414/story.jhtml
Was Adam Lambert A Good 'American Idol' Mentor? Experts Weigh In
'Adam can say he was on the show last year, and he knows how it feels,' outgoing bandleader Rickey Minor says.
By Gil Kaufman

Views25,863 12,858
100%
Rate ArticleThumbs Up Thumbs Down Share
Post to:My Feed
My Groups
Send to:
EmailFacebookMySpaceTwitterMore...Favorite
Adam Lambert has never been shy about expressing his opinions, but on Tuesday night, the season-eight "American Idol" runner-up provided some of the most candid and spot-on advice of any mentor in the show's history.

While previous mentors have typically offered sweet nothings, praise and light advice to the contestants, like another season-nine guide, Usher, Lambert dug in and really encouraged the singers to push the envelope and display their personalities, providing concrete suggestions for molding their performances.

He was unafraid to criticize their choices — counseling Andrew to punch up his version of "Hound Dog" and loosen up a bit and suggesting to Siobhan Magnus that her arrangement of "Suspicious Minds" needed to be sped up a bit to really pop — and praise them when they made the right ones. The results didn't always translate into great performances, but Lambert's efforts drew praise from no less an expert than outgoing "Idol" musical director Rickey Minor.

"From the first day I met Adam in Hollywood Week — and he stood out right then — I've always thought he was someone to listen to," Minor told MTV News on Wednesday, the day after it was announced he'd be leaving "Idol" at the end of this season for "The Tonight Show." "This is a visual art as well, and I think he did really well, because he's been in the competition and he's in their age range. It's not like some star who's been around for 30 years saying, 'You need to do this.' Adam can say he was on the show last year, and he knows how it feels. It was a great idea to have him on."

Minor said Lambert's honesty and truthfulness with the contestants, both good and bad, was refreshing. "He was the one who told them, 'No one told me I'd be working 10 times as hard [once I left the show],' " Minor said. "His thing was to challenge them, and I have a lot of respect for him having already worked with him. And now that he's come in and talked to these kids, it's even bigger."

Close "Idol" watcher MJ Santilli, who runs MJsBigBlog.com, said she would have preferred that an "Idol" elder like Carrie Underwood or Kelly Clarkson be the first former contestant to return as a mentor. "But having said that, I think Adam did a fine job," she said. "He's got something many of this year's contestants lack: the ability to craft a performance that's vocally, visually and emotionally stunning."

With that unique combination and his no-nonsense attitude, Santilli said Lambert's suggestions to the nine finalists was refreshing. "Coming from that perspective, Adam was perfect," she said. "He gave the kids good advice on how to make their performances more exciting. Adam's an articulate guy who expresses himself well. He was honest and constructive."

In fact, on a night when the four panelists often agreed in the same bland way or disagreed on minor points, Santilli said Simon, Kara, Ellen and Randy "might want to take a few pointers from [Adam]."
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'CastroFan4Life' date='Apr 14th 2010, 11:27 PM'

Great reviews are starting to come in. MTV calls him a "music icon" and says the world loves him.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1637080/2...can_idol_.jhtml

And USA Today has a poll where 83% of people gave the performance an "A".

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'joooory' date='Apr 14th 2010, 11:32 PM'

HD Version ::huggy::

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'adamazing' date='Apr 14th 2010, 11:50 PM'

]adamquotedaily: @adamlambert Such a beautiful, heartfelt, original, exciting, mesmerizing performance... just another day in the life of Adam Lambert!
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'joooory' date='Apr 14th 2010, 11:54 PM'

RT @RyanSeacrest: Just getting back from #idol. West coast...don't miss the beginning. Tomorrow on radio show got @adamlambert, @mrskutcher & @katiecouric
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Renn' date='Apr 15th 2010, 12:05 AM'

http://www.expressnightout.com/content/201...drew-garcia.php

LIGHTS, CAMERA, ADAM
What's changed about Adam Lambert since his "Idol" days? Well, he's gotten a haircut — probably several, really. His vocals seem to have matured to an even grander scale of amazing. Oh, and he now travels in a smoky, luminescent pyramid. It's what all the kids in L.A. would be doing if they could finally stop waiting tables and get their big break.

The beginning of his performance of "Whataya Want From Me" is riveting television — it's like a live music video, with effects that occasionally overpower even the state-of-the-art HD cameras in the "Idol" studios.

When Adam finally emerges, he's wearing a jacket from the Liberace collection (even his noise-canceling earpieces are bedazzled!), but singing a song that's a modern blend of '80s bombast and '00s spacey dance beats.

No doubt about it, Adam is the full package. A tremendous singer. An impeccable showman. And when in shadow, his new pompadour even recalls the very 2010 "I'm with Coco" logo. He's got everything!

He made his own "Idol" mold, then broke it. His appearance this week has likely only strengthened criticism that the show ain't what it used to be. One thing's for sure — none of this year's contestants have yet shown the kind of onstage power that he can unleash. I think we'll be hearing about him for quite some time.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'joooory' date='Apr 15th 2010, 12:54 AM'

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/americanid...t-moments-.html
'Idol's' Top 9 share their favorite Adam Lambert moments
After Tuesday's performance show, we asked most of season 9's Top 9 (Tim Urban eluded the question somehow) for their favorite Adam Lambert moment, be it from last year's "American Idol," his career since or their Vegas experience with the season 8 runner-up as their mentor. Read on for some major Adam adoration...

Siobhan Magnus: "Just meeting him was incredible; his presence is really big and he's just so positive and genuinely kind. He said he would figuratively be throwing glitter at me, and I felt it up there."

Lee DeWyze: "Last season, he was amazing. There's too many [performances] to pick, but when he was mentoring us, he was really honest, which is really good for me. He told me exactly what he thought about my song, and what he thought I should do with it. It was really cool for me to hear him be that honest."

Crystal Bowersox:
"Having Adam tell me that he wouldn't change anything about the song, that was really, really cool coming from someone who's a great entertainer, and then we talked about lighting and presentation. I got some good info out of him."

Katie Stevens: "I loved when Adam sang 'Feeling Good' last year. That was one of my favorite songs. He came down the stairs and all cool, and with the light in the background and it got bigger and he did his whole riffing crazy ridiculous chops thing. Having him as a mentor was just incredible, because he knows what we're going through, so he's able to give us the best feedback."
Casey James: "He was a great mentor, he had a good vibe. Immediately when I met him, he had a good energy, I was comfortable, I didn't feel awkward singing him the song, and then when he gave me the feedback, it was actually really hands-on constructive feedback. It was really great."

Andrew Garcia: "My favorite is when he mentored me; he knows what we went through, because he's been through the same thing. He's really on our level. When he was a contestant, he was never scared, he had all this confidence. He's a really cool guy."

Aaron Kelly: "Adam Lambert is such a great performer. Last year, on every single performance, he was consistent. And having him as a mentor was really cool because he's been through this before, and he pretty much knows what's right and wrong, what we should do. I mean, he's got the experience."

Big Mike: "My favorite Adam Lambert moment is hearing about his reputation from the crew and from our handlers. He was always prepared, a super good kid; he's just one of the people they talk the highest about. To me, that's something that's important. I always want my reputation with the people I work with to be good, and to see that about him, that he's one of the people they talk about out of all the seasons, that's my favorite thing about him."
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'CastroFan4Life' date='Apr 15th 2010, 2:04 AM'

BB is gaining tons more Twitter followers, too.
This morning it was at 411,000-ish and now it's at 414,000-ish.
I think prior to yesterday it was around 409,000......Idol appearance is helping alot!!!
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Libracats' date='Apr 15th 2010, 2:56 AM'

Ok so I haven't read any of this thread so I don't know if anyone recapped Adam's performance first hand but I will do the best I can. Here's my story. If you don't want to read it all, you can skip to the part I labeled "Adam Part".

I didn't have a ticket but was determined I was going to try to get in. To beat the traffic on the freeways I decided to leave at 6am. (12 hours before the show would start). Plus I had no idea when people would start lining up. Even if you have a ticket its not guaranteed so you have to form a line. Ok so I was REALLY early and the next people to show up came at 11am. The only way to get a ticket is to ask someone if they have an extra one. People can request up to four. But for what seemed like 1000 hours I couldn't find anyone that had an extra one. And the line was getting longer and longer. Then more people showed up that were doing the same thing as me, asking people for extra tickets. I thought I was doomed for sure. Then one of those new people said they found a ticket. I was so sad I had missed out. I thought for sure I had asked every living sole if they had extra tickets, lol. :haha: So I went back down the line and randomly asked this lady that was walking by and SHE HAD AN EXTRA TICKET!!! She was kinda near the back of the line, but who cares I had a ticket now, yay!! By this time it was 2:30. We waited another hour or so in the blasing sun (I have a horrid sunburn) and then they took us to another area where we waited for another hour and a half. On the way into this new area, I was handed a sticker that says American Idol on it and told to stick it somewhere below my waist. Ok, so I did. Didn't think much about it till I got to the holding area and all of us with stickers were put in one area. I asked what they were for and someone said we were in the Pit!! Me? in the Pit?? I thought they wanted all these young pretty girls in there. Well this pit was really mixed! They had the young girls but they also had men and women of all ages and sizes. I have no idea why I was picked. It seemed a bit random. Anyway it turned out really cool, cause of course the Pit is pretty close to the stage.

Ok heres the Adam Part:
Before you see what aired on TV, they set up all the bands stuff, then the band came out and got in place and then Adam came out and stood in the middle of the stage. The crowd was screaming so loud it was deafening!!! Thats what Ryan was talking about when he said "they are excited because someone just came on stage". Of course that someone was Adam.

It was a spectacular sight live. I will try hard to describe it. First this mass of smoke came pouring out of the base of the thing Cam was playing on. It filled the stage with smoke, it was really thick, we couldn't see anything on stage. Then this beam of light came down on top of Adam. It was kind of cone shaped, As soon as the light hit you could see the smoke start to swirl around inside it, kind of like a tornado. It was very cool looking. We couldn't see Adam too well. There was a camera man that was sort of inside the cone light filming from the front. I see some of the effect in some of the shots when I watched it back, but it definitely looked a lot cooler in person.
Then when he went into the chorus the smoke cleared and we could see him. I know they didn't show Tommy or Monte, but we could see them. They were all having a great time. Monte had his glittery guitar. Tommy looked really cool too although I couldn't see him very well from where I was.
Adam looked and sounded amazing. He was smiling at all the screaming going on. It was soooo loud!!

After the song, Adam stayed on stage and was hugging everyone. :wub:
During the commercials at one point Ryan had a question and answer session with the audience.
How tall are you? First he said 6'9', lol, then he told us..5'8"
Do you have a girlfriend? He said "I like girls" and some other jibberish

There was some other stuff too. The audio was not very good so I had a hard time hearing any of the talking.

So that's about it. I had a blast. I'm so tired but so glad I went.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'sweetmm' date='Apr 15th 2010, 4:01 AM'

Return to “2010 E&A”