2015-02-24 Wembley, UK - Wembley SSE Arena

infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

'Love2Lurk' date='Feb 25th 2015, 3:37 PM'

just posting a few of Kiss&Tells vids here.....love her POV....seeing the audience watching Adam  :wub:

KI55andTELL @KI55andTELL  
QUEEN & ADAM LAMBERT (QAL) - WEMBLEY - LAP OF THE GODS & 7 SEAS & KILLER QUEEN: http://youtu.be/1TQnKCvpUEU?a  via @YouTube

KI55andTELL @KI55andTELL  
 ·  7m 7 minutes ago  
WWTLF is not zoomed in as I wanted to capture the full effect http://youtu.be/q9DJTHZiiWA

KI55andTELL @KI55andTELL    
UNDER PRESSURE QUEEN & ADAM LAMBERT (QAL) - WEMBLEY - http://youtu.be/TwrYVG6-KyE

KI55andTELL @KI55andTELL  
 ·  2h 2 hours ago  
SAVE ME WEMBLEY http://youtu.be/Kt5VISrQifU

KI55andTELL @KI55andTELL  
 ·  10m 10 minutes ago
LOOKS LIKE ADAM IS GOING TO BE IN BRITS AUDIENCE - LOOK AT S H O SH TWEETS

Coptoit ‏@coptoit  · 24m24 minutes ago  
“@silviaglamspain: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caWgX4EnPxM...=youtu.be&a …” great view of Mr. Sex Pistol here.
infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

'madamimadam' date='Feb 25th 2015, 3:42 PM'

adamfabulous  ·  15h 15 hours ago
Take that bow @adamlambert. You just KILLED Wembley @QueenWillRock

MrDomHarrison  ·  14h 14 hours ago
Killer Queen sung by a man in spangly boots on a purple velvet, gilded chaise longue. Freddie would have been delighted, I reckon. #UberCamp

ConnorMWilson_  ·  14h 14 hours ago
Adam Lambert is undoubtedly up there in best front men I've ever seen, bar none. The man OWNED those Queen songs tonight.

Stephen Allinson @AllinsonStephen  ·  13h 13 hours ago
@adamlambert @QueenWillRock you were absolutely stunning - all of you. There with daughters- #timelessmusic

TrespassingAL  ·  13h 13 hours ago
A guy who stood next to me saw Queen (& @adamlambert) for the 1st time tonight. He kept on saying how AMAZING & FANTASTIC Adam was to us! :D

TrespassingAL  ·  13h 13 hours ago
The guy was really impressed by @adamlambert's performance. Now he understands why we have to go to Queen+Adam Lambert's gigs multiple times

gailmarshall418  ·  12h 12 hours ago
No words to describe how good Adam Lambert was tonight. Can't wait for Liverpool and Sheffield.

AlexanderMorner  ·  10h 10 hours ago
Three people fainted. One of them went down hard and they got about 15 people trying to sort it out and medics and had to carry them off

ScorpioBert  ·  10h 10 hours ago
@adamlambert what is your life?

LambritsUK  ·  9h 9 hours ago
RT @AllinsonStephen: Stunning performer #adamlambert. Owned that stage with the rock Gods #may and #Taylor . #queen

Alex_Partner94  ·  9h 9 hours ago
I thought Adam Lambert was pretty good in 2012; brilliant New Years Eve; incredible at the O2. Tonight? Completely different league entirely

Scaramouche81  ·  8h 8 hours ago
@adamlambert you are a great performer and entertainer! And you have a fabulous voice...even when you simply speak :P

PlanetRockRadio  ·  6h 6 hours ago
#WhoWantsToLiveForever @QueenWillRock last night @ssearena @DrBrianMay @adamlambert  Stunning !! @PaulAnthonyRock

brianmaycom  ·  5h 5 hours ago
#SOAPBOX "Return to Ldon. @ssearena figures a lot in @QueenWillRock history" @DrBrianMay MORE http://tinyurl.com/owryjhu  

iamjustmissy  ·  5h 5 hours ago
Damn… @adamlambert you sexy beast , you made Europe your bitch ! <3 <3
#wembley @QueenWillRock

ssearena  ·  5h 5 hours ago
Enjoy @QueenWillRock & @adamlambert last night? Well here's a quick @Storify recap of the night for you! https://storify.com/SSEARENAWEMBLEY/queen-and-adam-lambert … #Queen

apjf  ·  5h 5 hours ago
@LambritsUK I was at the front@ 2nd row. When he sang WRTC he bent down to get high note in front of me, his tonsils look healthy!

BURLISON Photography @BURLISONphoto  ·  4h 4 hours ago
Blown away by #music #showmanship @queenwewillrock @adamlambert at @ssearena. Sound was amazing, congrats #soundtech

EMES79  ·  4h 4 hours ago
https://instagram.com/ssearena/

Shaheen Jafargholi @shaheenofficial  ·  2h 2 hours ago
A quick appreciation tweet to Mr. @adamlambert - you KILLLLLEEDDD it last night at Wembley. I felt Freddie's soul + spirit through you.

LambritsUK  ·  7h 7 hours ago
Want to start your day with a warm glow? Just read @AdamImpresses from Queen & Adam Lambert Wembley show last night ��
infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

'Love2Lurk' date='Feb 25th 2015, 4:07 PM'

KMS ‏@kms15423  · 4m4 minutes ago  
RT @EMES79: Watch Our Worldwide Live Stream | BRIT Awards 2015: http://youtu.be/n0c9nuej96g  via @YouTube
infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

'madamimadam' date='Feb 25th 2015, 4:40 PM'

Joseph Fleetwood @Pianist_1  ·  19m 19 minutes ago
@adamlambert ADORED you last night. You, Brian, Roger, Freddie, Spike, Neil and Rufus were awesome. As Queen as Queen can be. Thank yo
infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

'madamimadam' date='Feb 25th 2015, 5:16 PM

Pianist_1  ·  46m 46 minutes ago
@adamlambert I nearly had to Tie my mother down! This man’s voice is the best in the business by a mile

Pianist_1  ·  21m 21 minutes ago
@adamlambert @queenwillrock it’s virtually impossible not to fancy Adam Lambert. I’m gonna stop before I get arrested

TheKimii_  ·  20m 20 minutes ago
"I love you too, even though you're a bloke!" Roger Taylor everybody!! #bowdown

beckyisbonkers  ·  18m 18 minutes ago
Last night's Queen and Adam Lambert gig was truly spectacular.  So glad I managed to go one last time! https://instagram.com/p/zh0EnbnjT6/

Pianist_1  ·  15m 15 minutes ago
@adamlambert being a total sex bomb fronting @queenwillrock. This was tie your mother down….

infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

'Love2Lurk' date='Feb 25th 2015, 5:30 PM'

Joseph Fleetwood ‏@Pianist_1  · 23m23 minutes ago  
@adamlambert @drbrianmay @queenwillrock I am now officially an Adam Lambert superfan! Can I play piano with you Adam?

Joseph Fleetwood ‏@Pianist_1  · 16m16 minutes ago  
@adamlambert @queenwillrock OK I admit, I’m attention seeking now but this was FKING AWESOME!
He is a concert Pianist in the UK
infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

'madamimadam' date='Feb 26th 2015, 1:38 AM'

Unanico  ·  10h 10 hours ago
Missed @QueenWillRock + @adamlambert at #OneNightInHeaven last night? Watch a short clip on our Facebook page here: http://on.fb.me/1Esmtum

flavilla11  ·  9h 9 hours ago
Walking to the tube station & hearing so many great comments from Queen fans incl "I thought he'd be OK but he was unbelievable" #QAL cont.

A group of queen fans talking "Didn't think I'd say this but we need to see this again" "Where's the next show?" #QAL

Woman on the tube & her friend were googling @adamlambert & saying to each other "he's so hot!" "where's he from?". They were #QAL cont.

really piss*d when the tube went underground and they lost the connection! I think they were just about to fall down the rabbit hole! #QAL

Pianist_1  ·  9h 9 hours ago
@adamlambert @drbrianmay @queenwillrock I am now officially an Adam Lambert superfan! Can I play piano with you Adam?

Pianist_1  ·  8h 8 hours ago
@adamlambert @drbrianmay @queenwillrock Adam is NOT a Freddie imitator. He’s an original and the right man for #QUEEN

L_U_C_A_5  ·  8h 8 hours ago
Overheard a funny lady last night "This Adam is quite cool really. Going from the West End to being the new Freddie!" Was cracking up

L_U_C_A_5  ·  8h 8 hours ago
2nd quote from an older fellow "He's a flamboyant as Freddie" chuckled louder than I probably should

TeamBadger_BB  ·  7h 7 hours ago
NO NEED TO POINT..!! @adamlambert is NOT that small.!!! .Love ya..!! #wembley.!!!

mmadamimadamm  ·  46m 46 minutes ago
MT @Pianist_1 @adamlambert PHWOAR! said the WHOLE crowd. People either want to be U or sleep with you! @queenwillrock

infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

'madamimadam' date='Feb 26th 2015, 3:41 AM'

Pianist_1  ·  11h 11 hours ago
@adamlambert the voice! the energy! the personality! and the fact you are fronting @queenwillrock best.night.ever!

LangridgeGina  ·  4h 4 hours ago
@adamlambert @QueenWillRock I was at Wembley last night and it was out of this world

infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

'madamimadam' date='Feb 26th 2015, 1:51 PM'

SSE Arena Wembley @ssearena  ·  2h 2 hours ago
.@QueenWillRock & @adamlambert fans - lots more pictures just uploaded to our Facebook page: http://on.fb.me/17AHd64

infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

'Love2Lurk' date='Feb 26th 2015, 2:57 PM'

Queen Official ‏@QueenWillRock  · 3h3 hours ago  
FREDDIE MERCURY is a tough act to follow...Adam Lambert gives it his all in a stirring concert. Read more @ http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/mus...t-Wembley-Arena

shoshanna stone ‏@shoshannastone  · 7m7 minutes ago  
“@QueenWillRock: FREDDIE MERCURY is a tough act to follow...Adam Lambert gives it his all in a stirring concert. http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/mus...t-Wembley-Arena …” wow
Amazing review !!!!!  

He will rock you! Adam Lambert triumphs with Queen at SSE Arena Wembley
FREDDIE MERCURY is a tough act to follow but new Queen frontman Adam Lambert gives it his all in a stirring concert with Brian May and Roger Taylor

Lambert certainly has the soaring, effortless vocal ability and flamboyant stage presence for the job and, nearing the completion of this European tour, appears supremely confident.

Pouting, thrusting and flirting his way through the two-hour live seat, his bucketless energy and enthusiasm for Queen's back catalogue is clear. The man who could be Mercury's young apprentice is having the time of his life – as are May and Taylor, who are clearly enjoying the injection of energy Lambert brings to proceedings.

The secret of Lambert's success tonight at the SSE Arena is not just his ability to (almost) match Mercury's vocal range. It's more that he wisely treads the fine line between being (in May's words) "the new guy", and remaining reverential to the former frontman's legacy. As he reminds us, he’s as much a fan as we are, and at times it seems he cannot believe his luck.

Very quickly, Lambert has the audience eating out of his hand, spitting water in to the audience and playfully asking one female audience member: “Did I get you wet?”
If there’s one failing, it’s that Lambert, while hugely impressive, doesn't get enough chance to deliver the light and shade that allowed Mercury to connect with an audience. While his powerful voice never tires, there are few displays of vulnerability – Save Me and Who Wants To Live Forever being notable exceptions.

Lambert isn't apologetic for not being Freddie Mercury – he's clearly aware that even after so long, the moustached maestro's shadow looms large.

What do we think of the new guy? We approve. And we get the feeling Freddie would have done, too.
more here.....
http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/mus...S-Arena-Wembley
infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

'madamimadam' date='Feb 27th 2015, 4:43 AM'

mmadamimadamm  ·  11h 11 hours ago
WEMBLEY: RT @Blinglam: rufusttaylor's photo http://instagram.com/p/zj7JDcThCB/
infinite
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by infinite »

'BHS9697' date='Mar 1st 2015, 9:47 AM'

OK, I'll post my Wembley review here as well, even though the momentum is not that big anymore :D

"Listening to the Liverpool livestream while I'm typing this recap.

You've all seen the Wembley videos by now and listened to the stream so I really don't have anything new to add about the concert but personally, it was the absolute best concert I've ever been to.

After the Brussels cancellation, I just had to do something to make it up and managed to find last minute GA tickets to Wembley (thank you, universe!). I usually don't do GA because I want to enjoy the music instead of being pushed and shoved. I also don't like queuing and being cold but - since I wanted that front row I was supposed to have in Brussels - I was going to get all of the above. I went to queue at 4 am (yeah, I know...) and to my surprise, it wasn't too bad after all, even though it was cold and the queueing lasted for 14 hours :) Met many nice people etc. and the atmosphere was relaxed. By the way, around 5 am the nightshift security guard brought us hot tea, cups, sugar and a bottle of milk!!!

The nerve-racking last 2 hours of queuing finally, luckily, resulted in me and my friend scoring front row just in front of Rufus's percussion kit, which is almost at the center of the main stage!! I made a quick visit to the loo and ended up getting locked inside because the lock in my stall broke and I was all alone in that big restroom! I made an attempt to jump and climb but ended up getting the lock open with yanking after a moment. Geez. After that I needed a drink :haha: And to my surprise, there was zero pushing and shoving in the GA crowd!

Yeah. The actual show... OMG!!!!!!!! I truly do not have words, not in any language that I know... It was beyond this world as an experience *hearteyes* I am mainly a glambert but long before Adam I was a Queen fan, too. At Wembley, I mainly followed Adam's antics on stage, though.

To see him right there in front of you, in addition to having the whole show literally in your face, booming and sparkling... I was a goner. You've all been there, I’m sure ☺

Adam was on fire and he's just so magnetic and captivating on stage! It should not even be humanely possible. The first section with him wearing the black leather gear was shockingly (in a good way) energetic and (not shockingly) sexy *dead* A guy next to me anticipated "we're gonna have his crotch in our faces" and that we did! Dayum! The only move I didn't see was floorbert because of an amp being in the way. I loooooooved when Adam finally took off his sunglasses and let us see those insanely gorgeous eyes of his… GAHHHHH! He had the same kind of an aura that he did at the New Year's concert on BBC: he looked confident, very happy to be there and seemed to be enjoying himself. He scanned the crowd the whole time and made eye contact with a couple of people around me. I got a smile and a nod from Neil but Dr. Bri and I kept missing each other every time he came close to us. It's absolutely thrilling so get into contact with a performer on stage! Makes the whole experience just so much more intense.

The next section with Adam wearing the car-wash fringe thingie has always been my favorite. I absolutely looooove Adam in his leather-clad sexy rock stahhh mode but there's just something so unique and so "Adam" when he goes totally OTT and lets his theatrical background shine. Which is precisely why he and Queen songs are such a good combination. Adam's versatility matches that of the Queen catalogue and he can show so many sides of his talent and personality through them. I also think his voice shines with Lap of the Gods, Seven Seas of Rhye and Killer Queen *melts* My friend standing at the B-stage got lucky and became collateral damage with most the champagne hitting the face of a guy next to him and splashing all over the place, hahah! Then, we also got Don't Stop Me Now which is one of my favorites! Oh gosh....

Crowd-wise I must admit that being in the front sort of wraps you in a bubble in which just you and the stage exist and thus, I really had no clue what was happening behind me but it seemed a better crowd than in O2 #1 concert but that could also be because Wembley is a smaller venue.

The middle section has some of my favorites as well. Selfie-stick, Love of My Life, Drum Battle and Under Pressure... It slows the tempo down, yes, but that just makes it a good roller coaster. Poor Roger had vocal issues during Kind of Magic but gave it all he got. (And I really hope Rufus might be Adam's next drummer.) Under Pressure is just amazing with the communication between Roger and Adam <3

Save Me - oh my god. Who Wants to Live Forever - I can't handle that gorgeous voice anymore! How on earth can he do WWTLF night after night is beyond any comprehension and I think Wembley was one of the best on this tour <3 Brian's guitar solo is long-ish, yeah, but I love the fact that he sticks to the rock tradition of a guitar solo despite the criticism it gets. And the lasers during his solo are absolutely beautiful all around the venue - it's a very atmospheric experience.

Back to rock n' roll: Tie Your Mother Down - and then, Dragon Attack which absolutely slayed live! It was such a sharp but groovy performance. Dayum! (Miss the elmo jacket though.) I Want It All and Radio Ga Ga - very solid performances and I'm always in heaven getting to do the Ga Ga clap with everyone. During these songs, there were a dozen (truly) guards and paramedics running in front of me towards the B-stage and I feared for the worst when they had to take the stretchers there, too. Adam definitely saw what was going on and kept a close eye on it. I later found out that 3 people have fainted but luckily it wasn't anything more serious than that.

The surprise of my life came after "what do you think of the new guy" and the HUMONGOUS and LONG applause Adam got when Adam was doing his segue talk into Crazy Little Thing Called Love. He had a bit of a trouble concentrating probably because of the faintings he had witnessed but he got the hang of his routine and asked if being in love made us batshit insane. THEN: without any warning he turns his penetrating blue orbs on me, points at me and diagnoses me as "batsh*t insane" because of my screaming!!!! (I truly am not a constant screamer but do admit occasional one-offs might have emerged earlier) At first, I didn't realize he was talking to me, then I realized but I didn't know what to do because it was sooooooooo baffling and thrilling and a dream come true!!! I was literally going crazy during those insane (pun intended) couple of seconds and when he started to sing, I got all shy and had to duck down behind the barrier just for a second to catch my breath <3 Oh. My. God. I never ever expected him to notice me but of course it was my secret hope (which we all have, I'm sure). After the concert, at my hotel, I got really self-conscious about those few seconds and I'm hoping no-one caught me in any of the vids - so far so good LOL Yeah, I am an adult but sure didn't feel or act like one right then :D But I'm still over the moon with that special moment he granted me.

On to another surprise - The Show Must Go On! That was a bit of a struggle for Adam but he sounded gorgeous anyway and I'm forever happy that I got the chance to hear this live since they didn't do it at O2 or Frankfurt <3 Bombastic Bohemian Rhapsody was probably the best song at Wembley and it suits Adam's voice so well, let's it shine. Then, it's time to get emotional because the show is about to come to and end all too soon :'(

The beginning of the show was so strong and yet the ending with WWRY and WATC was even stronger, Adam's vocals were top notch and that crown of his I will envy forever because it's just so amazingly shiny and pretty. He's posture is demanding and in-control but after the last note has been sung and he's catching his breath and taking his bows, the smile we get is drop-dead gorgeous and infectious.

Rufus clearly aimed his drumstick to my friend but it flew just a bit past her and she couldn't grab it. Suddenly I'm back outside in the cold, trying to comprehend what we just experienced.

Well, my "no words" seem to have been changed into "quite a lot of words" :D  I took only 5 photos during the concert because I was so caught being in the moment the whole time.

We stan the absolute best, most talented and heart-breakingly beautiful man in the whole universe <3 And to think that rock legends like Brian and Roger are still able to tour extensively.... I'm so lucky I got to see the QAL show for 3 times, each of them being good for different reasons but this Wembley concert really was the best of them all. I’m a very lucky lass indeed ☺ "

Return to “2015 QAL UK/Europe Tour”