***Have-At-It Never-Ending Gabfest***

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

nica575 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:34 pm wrote:
3ku1 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:13 am wrote:RIR again? Diddn't they just do that haha? Tough schedule. But I am sure US tour well happen. I think Demi was lined up, and that fell through. So kinda screwed up US tour plans, that is prob why their is no US tour atm. That and the single GT did better internationally then the States. He can do both so what's the issue here? Headlining festivals in other wise without Queen he would never do.
I am sure you know Shosh said the US and the UK GT sales were the largest, so it seems the US numbers were and are pretty good ::thumbsup:: We'll see if and what kind of tour we get here but I sure hope he doesn't end up opening for anyone like DL ...what a travesty would that be! I know I am an extreme case but I would not pay to go see him if the majority of my $s go to another performer... I would rather have him headline a theater based tour than see him in arenas filled with fans of others...
(I am well aware of the "expand the fan base argument" but I am not convinced any opening act gains those fans)
Well Adam wouldn't be your typical opening act. We all know that seeing Adam live changes peoples views of him. And I have gone to many concerts because of the opening act.

I don't understand why 'opening act' is such a negative for some of you. As we pointed out at the beginning of era 3, Adam is basically starting all over. In order for his solo career to grow he needs to get in front of as many people as he can. And if that means opening for someone else in front of 5-10 thousand people then that's what he's going to have to do. And opening doesn't mean singing 3/4 songs. An opening act can be on stage for 45 min to an hour before the headliner does their 90 min to two hour show. It just depends on who the headliner is and how many opening acts they have.

I know that some fans would prefer to see Adam and only Adam. And see him in small theaters. But....he's not killing himself with this crazy promo tour so that he can go back to 3,000 seat theaters to perform in front of the same fans he's been performing in front of for the last 6 years. He wants more and new fans.
nica575

Post by nica575 »

bebeg » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:56 pm wrote:
3ku1 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:13 am wrote:RIR again? Diddn't they just do that haha? Tough schedule. But I am sure US tour well happen. I think Demi was lined up, and that fell through. So kinda screwed up US tour plans, that is prob why their is no US tour atm. That and the single GT did better internationally then the States. He can do both so what's the issue here? Headlining festivals in other wise without Queen he would never do.
I am sure you know Shosh said the US and the UK GT sales were the largest, so it seems the US numbers were and are pretty good ::thumbsup:: We'll see if and what kind of tour we get here but I sure hope he doesn't end up opening for anyone like DL ...what a travesty would that be! I know I am an extreme case but I would not pay to go see him if the majority of my $s go to another performer... I would rather have him headline a theater based tour than see him in arenas filled with fans of others...
(I am well aware of the "expand the fan base argument" but I am not convinced any opening act gains those fans)
Well Adam wouldn't be your typical opening act. We all know that seeing Adam live changes peoples views of him. And I have gone to many concerts because of the opening act.

I don't understand why 'opening act' is such a negative for some of you. As we pointed out at the beginning of era 3, Adam is basically starting all over. In order for his solo career to grow he needs to get in front of as many people as he can. And if that means opening for someone else in front of 5-10 thousand people then that's what he's going to have to do. And opening doesn't mean singing 3/4 songs. An opening act can be on stage for 45 min to an hour before the headliner does their 90 min to two hour show. It just depends on who the headliner is and how many opening acts they have.

I know that some fans would prefer to see Adam and only Adam. And see him in small theaters. But....he's not killing himself with this crazy promo tour so that he can go back to 3,000 seat theaters to perform in front of the same fans he's been performing in front of for the last 6 years. He wants more and new fans.
ya, like I said, the "new fans" logic is understandable... but I am convinced that the only way to gain those is to be embraced by the radio and have some solid and persistent TV exposure. Whether "opening act" exposure actually works or not is highly debatable...I have no stats to support this claim either way, just some anecdotal evidence that is not worth reciting...so, for me it is mostly strictly "selfish" approach: I am an ardent fan of Adam and Adam only. In the whole wide world of POP music I can't think of any other artist I would pay to see/hear. The 'quality" gap between Adam and the rest of the field is staggering IMO. Well, may be Gaga or Pink are at some respectable level, at least I can contemplate comparing them......I also can't imagine being in the arena where people are casually arriving late to see the "main" act, not paying attention to Adam.

Marie, you are saying the DL deal would've been a "co-star" arrangement. I don't know what that means, as it looks that "Demi dumped Adam" and so, by default, the relationship of the arrangement was not that of two equals. It sure looks like it is HER tour and Adam was a de-facto supporting act (regardless of PR attempts), being that he was replaced so seemingly easily.... Adam would be performing first and that's that = opening act. I also doubt they would be splitting $s 50/50, but obviously I know nothing...
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

nica575 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:32 pm wrote:

Marie, you are saying the DL deal would've been a "co-star" arrangement. I don't know what that means, as it looks that "Demi dumped Adam" and so, by default, the relationship of the arrangement was not that of two equals. It sure looks like it is HER tour and Adam was a de-facto supporting act (regardless of PR attempts), being that he was replaced so seemingly easily.... Adam would be performing first and that's that = opening act. I also doubt they would be splitting $s 50/50, but obviously I know nothing...
I'm not saying DL's deal was or wasn't... I guess we'll never know.

I was just talking in general about the discussion of Adam being an opening act for anyone.

AFAIK (and that's very little), there have been two 'equal partners' co-headlining shows, and if I remember correctly, they switched who would go first on different nights...

But I am the least 'knowledgeable' concert goer you'll ever know... so there's that!

::hysterical::
"It is what it is!"
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

Anyone else finding this board EXTREMLY slow? When trying to post, it takes forever and than winds up poosting duplicates.

Marie, you might want to have Vamp look into this.
vistadiva
MTT Member+
MTT Member+

Post by vistadiva »

OMG...this is sooooo funny...and so true!

35 thoughts anyone who has ever been front row at a show has had

http://www.altpress.com/features/entry/ ... LQ.twitter
Paula

Post by Paula »

ya, like I said, the "new fans" logic is understandable... but I am convinced that the only way to gain those is to be embraced by the radio and have some solid and persistent TV exposure. Whether "opening act" exposure actually works or not is highly debatable...I have no stats to support this claim either way, just some anecdotal evidence that is not worth reciting...so, for me it is mostly strictly "selfish" approach: I am an ardent fan of Adam and Adam only. In the whole wide world of POP music I can't think of any other artist I would pay to see/hear. The 'quality" gap between Adam and the rest of the field is staggering IMO. Well, may be Gaga or Pink are at some respectable level, at least I can contemplate comparing them......I also can't imagine being in the arena where people are casually arriving late to see the "main" act, not paying attention to Adam.

I agree with you., I'm just all about Adam, that's all.
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

Look I know the mentality is that Adam is the best live performer on the planet e.t.c. So how can you conceive he share a stage with anyone. So I just want to see Adam. And that's all good and well. But Adam is re-establishing him self as a mainstream music star. All Pop stars collaborate. And it is pretty common for pop stars, or music act's to co-headline. I don't see how Adam is any different. I am sure Katy Perry fan site, would be like I don't want Katy to open for no one! haha. Of course her situation is different, as she is a megastar. Where as Adam has made a comeback after being out of the game almost four years. GT has solidified Adam as one to watch. But I am just saying, it would of been huge opportunity for Adam to co-headline or open whatever. For someone as relevant and huge as Demi Lovato. I am actually bummed it didn't work out. It would of exposed him to so many young fans, who actually buy the music. I know some think differently, and that is fine. But my pre disposition is whatever it takes.
Paula

Post by Paula »

3ku1 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:06 pm wrote:Look I know the mentality is that Adam is the best live performer on the planet e.t.c. So how can you conceive he share a stage with anyone. So I just want to see Adam. And that's all good and well. But Adam is re-establishing him self as a mainstream music star. All Pop stars collaborate. And it is pretty common for pop stars, or music act's to co-headline. I don't see how Adam is any different. I am sure Katy Perry fan site, would be like I don't want Katy to open for no one! haha. Of course her situation is different, as she is a megastar. Where as Adam has made a comeback after being out of the game almost four years. GT has solidified Adam as one to watch. But I am just saying, it would of been huge opportunity for Adam to co-headline or open whatever. For someone as relevant and huge as Demi Lovato. I am actually bummed it didn't work out. It would of exposed him to so many young fans, who actually buy the music. I know some think differently, and that is fine. But my pre disposition is whatever it takes.
And that's fine. But you have to understand that there are some fans, like myself, who are only here for Adam, and only want to see HIM.
Sabine

Post by Sabine »

Fact is that Adam & his team had planned an arena co-tour/opening act with another popstar.
He could probably be filling smaller venues like in OZ/NZ/EU with a solo tour but for me the plans with Demi are an indication that he wants to perform in front of a bigger audience and expand his fanbase.
Adams team is now in the very unfortunate position to find another artist for a co-tour or a promoter organizing a solo tour.

Does anyone know how the radio shows are selling?
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

Paula » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:09 pm wrote:
3ku1 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:06 pm wrote:Look I know the mentality is that Adam is the best live performer on the planet e.t.c. So how can you conceive he share a stage with anyone. So I just want to see Adam. And that's all good and well. But Adam is re-establishing him self as a mainstream music star. All Pop stars collaborate. And it is pretty common for pop stars, or music act's to co-headline. I don't see how Adam is any different. I am sure Katy Perry fan site, would be like I don't want Katy to open for no one! haha. Of course her situation is different, as she is a megastar. Where as Adam has made a comeback after being out of the game almost four years. GT has solidified Adam as one to watch. But I am just saying, it would of been huge opportunity for Adam to co-headline or open whatever. For someone as relevant and huge as Demi Lovato. I am actually bummed it didn't work out. It would of exposed him to so many young fans, who actually buy the music. I know some think differently, and that is fine. But my pre disposition is whatever it takes.
And that's fine. But you have to understand that there are some fans, like myself, who are only here for Adam, and only want to see HIM.
So, you don't listen to any other music or have any interest in seeing anyone else in concert?
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

bebeg » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:35 pm wrote:
So, you don't listen to any other music or have any interest in seeing anyone else in concert?
I'm an odd bird... I love silence and solitude... The only thing that will get me to a concert is seeing Adam (with or without co-headliners/being an opener/whatever).

But I just adore Adam... The man he is. The artist he is. And that voice that pierces through to my heart.

And I want the best for him... whatever that is in this crazy music industry.

I don't bemoan that he's not playing near me, that he's not getting 'this' or 'that' opportunity, I just love that he is having the time of his life and is a success by many 'measuring sticks'.

Is he the biggest star? No. Is he the most popular in the pop world? No.

But he sure gets around and, as he has said himself, will always make a 'very comfortable' living in the music industry... or acting... or whatever turns him on at the time.

He is a success, a huge one if you want to rate the multitude of artists out there. If you assume a field of 100,000 artists trying to make it (and that's low balling), he certainly is one of the 1% elite.

So I'm very happy watching him enjoy his life and his career achievements. And I'll be here when he surprises everyone with twists and turns that I can't even imagine!

All IMHO.... ::grin::
"It is what it is!"
Paula

Post by Paula »

bebeg » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:35 pm wrote:
Paula » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:09 pm wrote:
I do, but when I go to a concert, it's usually for the headliner. I've never gone to a concert just for an opening act.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

vistadiva » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:35 pm wrote:Anyone else finding this board EXTREMLY slow? When trying to post, it takes forever and than winds up poosting duplicates.

Marie, you might want to have Vamp look into this.
Try clearing your cookies as well as the board cookies (bottom, right).
"It is what it is!"
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

Hey guys....skimming over the past few post....

Seeing a discussion on....co headling....vs....opening act.....

IMO.....Queenbert has been the best fit for Adam....IMO ::yessss::

Bri & Roger have treated Adam more like a co headliner than any act I can think of....plus he gets great billing & media....

I know many are tired of the Queenbert experience......

However....it has been the best deal going for Adam.....

I for one ....am so happy the DL deal fell through......

Bring on more QAL...that includes Adam music.....IMO ::thumbsup:: ::thumbsup::

Adam can do both.....solo & QAL !!!!

IMO....Adam should take as much advantage of QAL as he can while they are still willing/able to tour ::thumbsup::

just my 2cents ::flowers::
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

but I am convinced that the only way to gain those is to be embraced by the radio and have some solid and persistent TV exposure.

I agree. Although I hate it, he needs radio to embrace him. And, I would love to see him perform on prime time tv. The late night/early morning talk shows are great but he needs that 'moment' on prime time tv. He needs an award show appearance.

It would be great if he could have one of those moments that people talk about. The Ricky Martin moment from the Grammy's all those years ago. Or the Chris Stapleton moment from last week's CMA awards.

But until that 'moment' he needs to be seen and heard by as many people as possible. And performing for us over and over isn't going to move his solo career forward. He doesn't have to 'wow' us. He's got us. So, regardless of who he performs with or if he performs first, being in front of more people, people who aren't 'us', can only be a good thing for him.

If this is this frustrating for all of us, imagine how frustrating it is for Adam. I am, however, happy that he's come to realize that he's going to be okay no matter what happens.
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

I agree it is all about expanding his fanbase. Like for me when I well see him in January, he well have an opening act. And that is fine. But his fanbase well never be exposed to the masses. If he keeps performing for his core fans. That is why co headlining with Demi would of been awesome! And that's a fact. But unfortunately that fell through. I cannot see Adam doing arenas in the States without being a co headline. So looking at the current pop acts, he could do one with Tove Lo. Or Pink I don't know. Miley Cyrus? haha.
donnamb

Post by donnamb »

I'm sure Adam's team will create a tour. If he's the opener, or is the main event with an opener, I'm sure the pros will determine what has to be done.
But speaking of that opening slot I just went to a David Cook concert, very locally, The opening artist was wonderful - Andrew Ripp - and I'm definitely looking him up. Admittedly, DC had a downer opening after security tried to prevent his fans from standing up to dance, but I was not impressed, tho his fans in attendance were.
Carmi

Post by Carmi »

3ku1 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:04 pm wrote:I agree it is all about expanding his fanbase. Like for me when I well see him in January, he well have an opening act. And that is fine. But his fanbase well never be exposed to the masses. If he keeps performing for his core fans. That is why co headlining with Demi would of been awesome! And that's a fact. But unfortunately that fell through. I cannot see Adam doing arenas in the States without being a co headline. So looking at the current pop acts, he could do one with Tove Lo. Or Pink I don't know. Miley Cyrus? haha.

I guess you haven't heard? Tove Lo is doing a massive tour with Levine. ::nauseous::
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

Carmi » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:14 am wrote:
3ku1 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:04 pm wrote:I agree it is all about expanding his fanbase. Like for me when I well see him in January, he well have an opening act. And that is fine. But his fanbase well never be exposed to the masses. If he keeps performing for his core fans. That is why co headlining with Demi would of been awesome! And that's a fact. But unfortunately that fell through. I cannot see Adam doing arenas in the States without being a co headline. So looking at the current pop acts, he could do one with Tove Lo. Or Pink I don't know. Miley Cyrus? haha.

I guess you haven't heard? Tove Lo is doing a massive tour with Levine. ::nauseous::
I'm not sure I'd call it massive. It's six weeks in Sept/Oct. Don't know if she plans to do any of her own touring before then.
Ohawk

Post by Ohawk »

I am a Keith Urban fan. I went to 3 concerts of his over 3 years and the opening acts were Little Big Town, Taylor Swift, and Carrie Underwood. As you probably know, each one exploded and headlined their own tours soon after. Be patient everyone. Opening acts are a typical progression in the business.

Return to “Let's Talk!”