General Talk About Adam

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

madamimadam' date='Jan 20th 2015, 7:14 AM'

Just read through this thread and I have an idea for the concert days....

How about we have a "General Concert Chatroom" thread in the main forum (not the sub-forum).

It would be an ongoing thread that includes ALL concerts as they happen.

The individual concert threads in the sub-forum could be filled with pics and tweets and such after the concerts are even over the next day or two.

It would relieve the pressure on those of you who work so hard to keep up DURING the concert. Instead of posting everything, just favorite things for later posting.

What do you guys think?
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

'♥JM♥' date='Jan 20th 2015, 7:24 AM'

OK, sabine I just googled it and it came up.nevertheless: There's so little talk about Adam's management and their role (or lack of) in Adam's career.Isn't it manager's job to push him into the different media, book him gigs and make him known?And there's a person behind management, a manager whose job is to handle it.

Martin Kirkup,huh? *googlegooglegoogle*

Seems Direct management has 5 artists: Conway, Ferras, Adam Lambert,K.D. lang and Katy Perry.

These managers are a bit mystery although their role seems very important to me.Work behind the scenes.

----> http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news...reach-her-goals

Now Kirkup and co. Do your thing with Adam. :teehe
e:
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life' date='Jan 20th 2015, 10:49 AM

I don't know, guys. Go to Adam's page on the DMG website, and Frasco is listed as his booking agent.

http://directmanagement.com/adam-lambert/
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life @ Jan 20th 2015, 3:49 PM

I don't know, guys. Go to Adam's page on the DMG website, and Frasco is listed as his booking agent.

http://directmanagement.com/adam-lambert/

Mateja' date='Jan 20th 2015, 12:15 PM'

And he is from CAA.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Mateja @ Jan 20th 2015, 11:15 AM

And he is from CAA.

Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life' date='Jan 20th 2015, 12:37 PM'

Exactly my point. Why would DMG have him listed as Adam's booking agent, if he was no more?
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life @ Jan 20th 2015, 5:37 PM

Exactly my point. Why would DMG have him listed as Adam's booking agent, if he was no more?

Mateja' date='Jan 20th 2015, 12:47 PM'

Check out Katy Perry's profile on DMG's website. She also has a guy from CAA, some others have people from other companies.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Mateja @ Jan 20th 2015, 11:47 AM

Check out Katy Perry's profile on DMG's website. She also has a guy from CAA, some others have people from other companies.

Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life' date='Jan 20th 2015, 12:53 PM'

Good call.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Mateja @ Jan 20th 2015, 6:00 AM

Martin Kirkup, Bradford Cobb and Steven Jensen are partners at Direct Management Group and Kirkup and Jensen are usually the guys mentioned in articles. I have no idea who is Adam's day to day manager.

CAA is Creative Artists Agency.

rustycat' date='Jan 20th 2015, 12:54 PM'

I think Leah Reid is generally Adam's day to day manager -- she is a partner at DMG -- you can see her on the red carpet or sitting with Adam at events from time to time; Rob Valenti is the personal assistant guy who travels with Adam.  He is a DMG employee as well.  The big stuff is handled by one of the big 3 -- Kirkup, Cobb or Jensen....most managers do not interact with fans....Scooter Braun does, Guy Oseary kinda does sometimes...but that is pretty much it....
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

♥JM♥' date='Jan 20th 2015, 1:00 PM'

So I got it right the first time googleing it?I don't even know anymore. :haha:

I wonder (again! :haha: ) how much does the artist have a say in what/where he/she wants to perform?Like manager books some gig but the artist is like Hell no!I'm not doing that! What then?I imagine they sometimes do things they don't really care about.But it's for the greater good...whatever that is..:haha: Or manager gets fired.Some managers seem really multitasking.I'm just reading about Lady Gaga's ex-manager.

Obviously they must have some common agreement and understanding about A LOT of things.Seems managers help the build their careers and keep their s*it together, have connections between people and knowledge about the technology.

rustycat' date='Jan 20th 2015, 1:05 PM'

The artist controls the manager, not the other way around...they field offers, try to generate offers, oversee career direction, work with PR, work with legal, work with record labels.  They also provide day to day assistance while on tour and on set etc.  they don't accept anything without Adam's prior approval..in addition to DMG, adam also has a business manager, a lawyer and a PR firm
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

rustycat @ Jan 20th 2015, 11:54 AM

The big stuff is handled by one of the big 3 -- Kirkup, Cobb or Jensen....most managers do not interact with fans....Scooter Braun does, Guy Oseary kinda does sometimes...but that is pretty much it....

'♥JM♥' date='Jan 20th 2015, 1:13 PM'

Guy Oseary is practically Madonna's extended family, She throws parties at HIS place, he travels with her on tour.He catches up with fans on tour and on social media.She bitches and whines to him and then they hug.They seem super close and seem to work well together.

It is about finding the right people who will work for you.Seems you got to have a lot of trust in manager.

ETA: That Gaga's manager got fired over artistic differencies.Isn't it what usually happens.I think it's a bit risky for artist too, fire the manager.Manager is basically their career diary and maybe crystall ball, at least part of it.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

madamimadam @ Jan 20th 2015, 7:14 AM

Just read through this thread and I have an idea for the concert days....

How about we have a "General Concert Chat room" thread in the main forum (not the sub-forum).

It would be an ongoing thread that includes ALL concerts as they happen.

The individual concert threads in the sub-forum could be filled with pics and tweets and such after the concerts are even over the next day or two.

It would relieve the pressure on those of you who work so hard to keep up DURING the concert. Instead of posting everything, just favourite things for later posting.

What do you guys think?

takema' date='Jan 20th 2015, 1:20 PM'

That does seem like something that might work.  I don't expect it will be all that busy during this part of the tour since so many people are unavailable during the time of the concerts because of the time difference.  I can see it being great when Adam is touring and/or playing show on this side of the planet since the bulk of the posters here seem to be North American.

I think the one concert concert chat room might be easier for new posters to join in the fun should we get some new visitors once Adam's new music is out.

You always seem to have great ideas.  Your problem solving skills are pretty stellar.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

madamimadam' date='Jan 24th 2015, 9:03 PM'

Listening to the streams and watching the videos from the QAL - UK leg of the tour, I sometimes wonder how Adam will adapt back to his solo career.

It is going to be hard for him to go from arena audiences full of people knowing every word of every song to having to 'sell' his Era3 'new' songs. Not to take away from the magnificence that Era3 will be, but just the 'downshifting' needed will have to be difficult for Adam...
IMHO.....
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

madamimadam @ Jan 24th 2015, 8:03 PM

Listening to the streams and watching the videos from the QAL - UK leg of the tour, I sometimes wonder how Adam will adapt back to his solo career.

It is going to be hard for him to go from arena audiences full of people knowing every word of every song to having to 'sell' his Era3 'new' songs. Not to take away from the magnificence that Era3 will be, but just the 'downshifting' needed will have to be difficult for Adam...
IMHO.....

3ku1' date='Jan 24th 2015, 9:39 PM'

That's true. Lets be honest Adam won't be selling out arenas with his solo work. Maybe in the next year or so. But with Queen he is at such a high level, commercially, critically, and artistically. With is solo career its kinda the complete opposite. He is starting from the ground up. Clearly he cannot tour on the back of his first two albums. He is going to need two very succesfull albums. But it looks like WB have multiple albums in mind, so it well give Adam every opportunity. I remember Adam saying a few years ago right now he is at hit mentality. And maybe once he gets a few hits, then he can expereiment. He is not at that point yet. He is at hit mentality. Last time he toured all the RS. But when it came down to playing his music, if people don't care about you or your music that's it. I remember in 2012 when he came to NZ (I coulden't make it down to Auckland haha). He was on ZM and they were raving about him. They even played Trespassing. But when he left, back turned didn't play it ever again. Diddn't listin to ZM for a while after that haha. Name recogitniton is also the name of the game. Image goes along way. It took a few years to repair Adams image after the  Ama's. Especially when he kept ahem on his GN tour haha. I think not a lot of people realize he hasen't worn makeup in almost 5 years. A lot of people still see him as the Glam guy. I mean what if Taylor Swift started wearing glitter lol, that would be shocking to some people. Well that said Miley Cyrus cut her hair off ahem. People like to know who they follow has a story.

Look at Katy Perry who is on the same management as Adam. She was dropped from a few labels before she made it big. It seems so easy for her release the phonebook hit haha. But it wasen't. When her album Teenage Dream exploded, the album she did initially felt the effects of that. But now she is pushing 30 she seems to be fading somewhat, the whole bubble gum music, inspiring young females seems to be passing its due by date. I actually too think your seeing a shift in change in music. EDM is on its way out IMO, and Alt Music is in. I think the public are crying out for someone unique and different. SO I think their is a real niche their for Adam. So it looks like WB understand and get Adam. I am not one of those fans who think it was all RCA's fault. Adam is really hard to market. He is almost not hip enough for RNB, but some reason not too cool for Top 40. Artists have blueprints. I think Adam just needs to focus on what worked for him in the past Pop/Rock. Have a hell of a rollout plan, perform the single not on Ellen lol. But maybe SNL or the Billboard Music Awards whenever they are. Give the song the best possible chance. OR hey what the heck the lead single in April could be a collab with say Katy Perry haha. I mean Sam Smith did that, then he exploded with a solo song. Adams not 18, but he looks 20 tbh. But he is a special case as his fanbase is so diverse. I mean I don't expect Adam to write music about Adolescent Love like Ahem a certain blonde girl. I expect it to be evolved and edgy. But Pop Music is fun, I hope he has learnt it doesn't all have to be circumspect and deep. But I have a huge feeling Album 3 is it.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

madamimadam @ Jan 24th 2015, 8:03 PM

IMHO.....

Love2Lurk' date='Jan 25th 2015, 12:27 AM'

I have thought of this too.....

Adam is having the time of his life......relishing every Queenbert moment....I believe...

Adam is such a grounded person and so aware of his place in Queen's history & story ......

IMO....it will be a big change for him the down gear to his solo career.....

However....I am sure he is mentally preparing himself and anxious to be Adam....in his own shoes  :thumbs:
I think he enjoys the more intimate venues as well  :thumbs:
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

3ku1' date='Jan 27th 2015, 7:35 PM'

I know Shoshanna is his Publicist. She seems to be more his manager too, based on her activity on twitter haha.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

madamimadam' date='Mar 20th 2015, 1:46 PM

I'm watching old interviews and one of the things I love is how 'honest' his eyes are... No shiftiness... What you see is what you get! Even when he's being coy about 'seekriiits', it's with a wink and a nod...

ILHSM!!!

:wub:
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

madamimadam @ Mar 20th 2015, 12:46 PM

I'm watching old interviews and one of the things I love is how 'honest' his eyes are... No shiftiness... What you see is what you get! Even when he's being coy about 'seekriiits', it's with a wink and a nod...

ILHSM!!!

wub.gif

3ku1' date='Mar 22nd 2015, 6:10 AM'

Coming from a guy one of the things that made me follow Adam (Never followed any artist before Adam). Was his honesty. Adam Lambert is a breathe of fresh air in this corporate bland mechanism which is mainstream and contempory music. He has no filter. Weird I remember a few years ago, I was watching his interviews coulden't get enough. Was 2AM was like crap! haha. Just find how he relates to different interviews so fasinating. I'm a full blooded straight male, typical kiwi who loves rugby, cricket e.t.c. But I knew from the second he was on idol, he was not the normal idol contestent. And one day he would change the world, I still beleive that. I find it unique for someone whos such a massive popstar has no big hits recently. Goes to show you, don't need big hits on radio. He has made most of his fame off that voice of his and his live concerts, especially with Queen.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Auroraboreless' date='Apr 3rd 2015, 11:30 AM

Don't know where to put this and it's not a big deal, but

Yesterday I went shopping and got into Payless store, usually not my thing, but it was the first shop in the mall and I just walked in.  There is music playing there as everywhere else.  And all of a sudden I hear something familiar...wait a second - Never Close Our Eyes!! Wow! I never ever heard it in the malls!  BKTM - yes, and that's it from TP!  I'm not sure if it was the radio, but I doubt as I spent another 15 minutes in the store (just to find out what they're playing) and there was no usual chat as radio stations do.  Still - interesting.  My thoughts were - hmmm....maybe they've heard about a new album/single coming up and got excited and decided to play something of Adam that they already had  :) ?  Probably my wishful thinking, but why now?

Kimberly_Caldwell_4_Life' date='Apr 3rd 2015, 12:30

As someone who works in retail myself, I can tell you that in those types of stores, it's generally a mix CD of some sort playing, or a satellite radio station.
Moonlightchiara

Post by Moonlightchiara »

Did you hear that one of the TV stations (NBC?) is planning on doing Rocky Horror? My first thought was that Adam would be perfect for the lead, but the more I think about it, the more I feel that it wouldn't be in his best interest to do the whole drag thing now. I personally would love to see him do it, but I don't think that's the direction he's going in. Any thoughts?  (Not that there was any mention of Adam or anyone else. Nothing about casting)
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Moonlightchiara:6334 wrote:Did you hear that one of the TV stations (NBC?) is planning on doing Rocky Horror? My first thought was that Adam would be perfect for the lead, but the more I think about it, the more I feel that it wouldn't be in his best interest to do the whole drag thing now. I personally would love to see him do it, but I don't think that's the direction he's going in. Any thoughts?
I agree! I think Adam has outgrown his "I'm wild! Take me or leave me!" younger years and is grown into a man who is wiser and more confident in who he is (although he kinda always was). He got tired of the guyliner/heavy make up/glitter look and is moving into 'adulthood' gracefully.

He's trying to appeal to a wider audience and the QAL tour showed a great growth in him as a performer...

Time will tell, I guess.

:Smile:

Return to “Let's Talk!”