http://www.youtubesnips.com/watch?v=Ol5jQjEimSw
MP4 HD 1080p Download
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

2010-03-02 The Tonight Show - Jay Leno - PERFORMANCE

Post by glambertparty »

'Hatshepsutely' date='Mar 3rd 2010, 8:42 AM'

He was wearing a Nehru jacket, a style that originated from my husband's country of birth (India). I have a number of saris with the same type of embroidery he had on his arms. I love that he is expanding his cultural horizons, and the workmanship was exquisite.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Blue*Rose' date='Mar 3rd 2010, 10:57 AM'

happycat! Just for you, audio.

My caps of Sleepwalker - from my tv.

The Tonight Show With Jay Leno Performance
mp4 and mp3
13 Sleepwalker (Live The Tonight Show With Jay Leno)

mpg
13 Adam Lambert - Sleepwalker - The Tonight Show With Jay Leno - March 2010

Megaupload Download link: For Your Entertainment Tracks - Live Performances
Sendspace Download Link: For Your Entertainment Tracks - Live Performances
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'scooter' date='Mar 3rd 2010, 11:31 AM'

This Leno appearance is already increasing Adam's sales. Yesterday on Amazon, Adam's album varied from #82 in the morning going to #67 in the afternoon and then #72 at night. Right now it is #59. In comparison, Kris's album is #126 on Amazon and Allison's album is #297 on Amazon. Danny's album is #9 on Amazon because it is new and came out yesterday. The Target I went to yesterday afternoon had none of FYE. A different Target I went to Monday had 6 copies of FYE. ::flowers::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'HollyinCa' date='Mar 3rd 2010, 2:15 PM'

He said that about IIHY - that no decision had been made and circumstances can change so they wouldn't decide anything until WWFM was done. It sounds like Adam really wants IIHY though. He keeps pushing it and mentioned it again in a British interview I just read.

I think he meant rock ballads get nowhere. SW isn't what I'd call rock at all.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'lucytor' date='Mar 3rd 2010, 2:23 PM'

You could be right. Btw, Adam says the next single will be IIHY in the digital spy interview published today:

Have you decided on a third US single yet?
"I think it's probably going to be 'If I Had You'. I think it's got a great message. It does sound a bit cliché but I love promoting love and acceptance and I think the song definitely gets that across. In the pop market we're so sex-saturated and a lot of the big artists are popular because they're "so fierce!" and badass. I love that and get a kick out of that - people like GaGa and Beyoncé especially - but that's the ground I was trying to cover with 'For Your Entertainment'. The thing about 'If I Had You' is that it reflects what I'm really about, which is joy."

http://idolforums.com/index.php?showtopic=638024&st=280
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Mr.Carey' date='Mar 3rd 2010, 2:43 PM'

Some opinions on here are just. Okay. Sleepwalker. NOT slow and boring. At all. PERFECT for radio play, it would be a freaking monster. Trust.

IIHU. Europe would eat it up. Release it over there. After SW dominates US radio, unleash Fever. THAT is the way to go.

You guys have to think in terms of potential success! This is the best path. SW will broaden his fanbase significantly, and radio will be more open to Fever.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'nuuskamuikkunen' date='Mar 3rd 2010, 2:57 PM'

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/americanid...se-of-idol.html

I loved that video backstage since
1) Shaun pointed to Adam when he said it was entertaining
2) Leno "happened" to walk by to mention Sleepwalker is going to Adam's biggest it thus far

Anyone have feeling that Shaun and Leno just loved Adam :icecream:
Or in radio general? I wish Finland had something like text service US radio seems to have. You request song and get text message when it is going to play -> I could easily avoid most of boring crap that comes from the radio these days.

Speaking of killer vocals... has any of you listened WLL acoustic (or Broken open too) in bed, with headphones, lights out... ::whistle:: Intense
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'lucytor' date='Mar 3rd 2010, 3:00 PM'

Yes, it's possible that Adam wants IIHY, and RCA are pushing for SW. OTOH imo Adam values his relationship with RCA, and he's already had one miss with FYE. I don't think that he'd be mentioning IIHY in interviews if that was not OK w/RCA. I also agree with you that SW is more American radio friendly than IIHY. However, I also think that the album SW really IS boring, and many people, here and elsewhere, have mentioned that the live version was superior to the album version, so it's not just a few people.

imo if they release SW, they might want to doctor it a bit past where it now is on the album. I hope that they release SW, in whatever form, instead of IIHY in the States, because IIHY is not going to fly here.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Sage' date='Mar 3rd 2010, 3:11 PM'

Any of the songs mentioned could be hits with the public, that's not the problem. The problem is the radio bigwigs who make the decision on what gets played. A handful of people make those decisions, not the public or we wouldn't have half the generic crap that we have on the radio. FYE would have done well had it been given a chance. If radio programmers think even just a few people will be offended by Fever, they won't take a chance on it, especially now with the state of the economy and risk of loss of advertising dollars. Adam has already pretty much said that in the chat he did.

The whole situation makes me angry cause it limits showing what Adam can do to the public, but what can you do? The US is controlled by conservative corporations who call the shots. Since when do these people ever truly listen to what the general public really wants?
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'joooory' date='Mar 3rd 2010, 3:20 PM'

Hollywood Gossip: Adam Lambert's New Single: Love It or Hate It? Vote Plz :) http://bit.ly/cdxiHV
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'HollyinCa' date='Mar 3rd 2010, 3:30 PM'

Fever is the biggest hit on the album, imo. The Clear Channel stations said they'd play it as is but if it's a problem for anyone else I'd just change the pronoun and go with that for the next single. There you are. Problem solved.

I like IIHY a lot. I listen to it in the car all the time. Adam's right - it's a fun song. Nothing there that could offend radio. Sleepwalker is inoffensive too but I don't listen to that in the car since I don't want to fall asleep while driving.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'inaweofglameyes' date='Mar 3rd 2010, 3:33 PM'

But IIHY didn't even air on Oprah but online and actually sales for that song definitely went up on Itunes - I think maybe higher than Sleepwalker at least as far as I know... So I don't know that it was a failure except that people on the forum didn't love it when performed live as much as his other live performances... I love all of the options and just want the most successful song to be released so that we can have more in the future!
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'stellamat' date='Mar 3rd 2010, 3:37 PM'

Shaun's jacket immediately reminded me of the similarly metal-studded jacket that Adam wore to the "2012" premiere". Remember, Adam said to a reporter, "my date is my jacket."
Maybe Adam's and Shaun's jackets are both by the same designer?
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'lifesabeach' date='Mar 3rd 2010, 3:38 PM'

For me (if I didn't already have it and if I wasn't already following him) SW was compelling enough to check out the whole album. When a song/performance is that compelling I ALWAYS check out the entire album. I gotta figure if a song grabbed me that hard there are likely others on the album and it's worth a gander. Buying a single on its own doesn't make very much sense to me.

For that reason I'm excited about this performance and what can come out of it. ::thumbup::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Kilroy' date='Mar 3rd 2010, 10:24 PM'

I'm really focused on WWFM as the current single, so am not anxious to have another one for at least 1-2 more months.

WWFM and SW are kind of in the same family on the album, just as FYE, IIHY and FEVER are. If WWFM continues to do well, and I think it will, then it's not surprising to follow up with something like SW. I know Ke$ha's songs sound a lot alike, but as soon as I heard Blah Blah Blah, I knew that it would burn up like Tik Tok. They share the same sensibility. So SW next makes sense to me. It's mainstream and accessible.

The best thing about the Leno performance was that Adam performs SW live more rock than on the album. I also thought that it was a very idol-like performance, and I could see why people who liked him on idol but maybe didn't like the AMAs liked SW.

Adam seems to have a strategy. Maybe from reading THE SECRET or something lol. He talks and talks and talks about things in interviews, and they happen. He went on and on about Gaga, and Fever happened. He pimped Muse, and Soaked happened. So I'm kind of dreading that IIHY will be the next single, since he's talking about it so much. Then again, he's talking about Madonna and Christina Aguilera, and that hasn't happened.

Adam also goes up and down, just like on Idol. Has flameout on AMAs, triumphs on SYTYCD. Cellphone-gate, Subo-gate, then SW Leno performance that is almost universally liked (and people even like the outfit!) FYE is down, WWFM is up. So I guess IIHU could go down. On a personal note, my husband makes fun of it all the time, though he likes other songs on the album.

I can't get Haddaway's "What is Love" out of my head everytime I hear IIHY - the beat sucks. "What is Love" was made even more famous by the SNL, Night at the Roxbury skits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsCXZczTQXo

It's pretty interesting the different singles in the different countries, FYE v. WWFM. It's exactly as he outlined with Slezak right after the finale. So maybe they'll do that with the next single, too.

I felt like Adam was spreading around the performance of songs on TV - he's now done MA, Strut, SW, WWFM, FYE. Pretty cool that there's such a variety. Album seller, ding ding ding. I didn't take SW on Leno to necessarily signal anything other than that.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Sage' date='Mar 4th 2010, 2:02 AM'

Didn't know if all of you had seen this article from Australia. I'm bringing it over from that thread. For those who still think Fever should/will be released in the US, Adam addresses it once again.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/...f-1225837040733

I think Adam is making it pretty clear that Fever ain't happening in the US as a single. I also get the impression from this article, and some other foreign press that has come to light, that there are more problems promoting Adam behind the scenes than maybe we are aware of. I know it appears to some that he and his label are taking the "safe route" at times but apparently there's a reason they're doing so. He tried to be himself at the AMA's and look what that got him. There is a segment of our population that protests very loud against people like Adam. Look how many times gay marriage has been voted down whenever it comes up for a vote. We can't get young people, who say they care about civil rights, to get up off their butts to go vote. I think the majority of our population do not care but unfortunately, are too lazy to take a stand against the conservatives. That's why the conservatives win here.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'joooory' date='Mar 4th 2010, 10:11 AM'

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertain...t=Yahoo%21+Mail

Jay Leno wins 2nd night with help from Sarah Palin, Adam Lambert
Jay Leno’s guests Tuesday ranged from Sarah Palin to “American Idol” runner-up Adam Lambert to Olympian Shaun White.

That diversity brought Leno the biggest audience for a second night in late night. Leno returned to “The Tonight Show” on Monday.

On Tuesday, Leno averaged 5.8 million viewers and easily overtook CBS’ David Letterman (3.7 million) and ABC’s “Nightline” (3.3 million).

Leno also won the 18-to-49 age group. He posted a 1.6 rating to Letterman’s 1.0. “Nightline” put up a 0.9.

Letterman will have his own U.S. Olympians on Thursday’s show. The four-man bobsled team, which won a gold medal, will present the Top Ten list. The team is composed of Steve Holcomb, Justin Olsen, Steve Mesler and Curt Tomasevicz. “Late Show With David Letterman” starts at 11:35 p.m. on WKMG-Channel 6.

::clap:: ::clap::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'ohiogal' date='Mar 4th 2010, 2:08 PM'

Just found this article:

Adam Lambert Wakes Up With 'Sleepwalker' Performance
March 3, 2010
By Joshua Molina, HispanicBusiness.com
American Idol Adam Lambert's greatest strength has always been his ability to perform live.

That's why Adam Lambert's performance of "Sleepwalker" on "The Tonight Show," with Jay Leno on Tuesday night served as a refreshing reminder of the young man's talent and potential.

Adam Lambert has performed more than a dozen times on live TV since leaving American Idol last year, but with the exception of the American Music Awards, most of his performances have been good, but not great. He's been a bit shell-shocked, playing it safe, since the media backlash to his edgy AMA performance.

Part of the problem was his first single, "Whataya Want From Me," a catchy tune, but not exactly a hard rock song.

But with "Sleepwalker," Lambert awoke from his malaise and, as American Idol's Randy Jackson would say, "slayed it."

Lambert revived his famous vocal wail halfway through the song, performed with intensity, and owned the stage.

It's not easy to overshadow the magnetic Sarah Palin, who was also on the show, but Lambert did, and clearly Jay Leno is a fan.

The ending line of his song could serve as some good advice: "Let me out of this dream."

An unleashed, uncensored and unrestrained Adam Lambert is what his fans want, and expect.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'joooory' date='Mar 9th 2010, 7:09 PM'

New Video Blog : Adam Lambert Backstage at Jay Leno's Show http://bit.ly/9F2q65
Same video from AO http://www.adamofficial.com/us/news/video-...video-blog-leno
::huggy::

Return to “2010 E&A”