2009-11-22 American Music Awards (Nokia, LA) - PERFORMANCE

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Entermediamusic' date='Nov 23rd 2009, 6:11 AM'

According to the workers backstage (my friend was one of them) Dick Clark Productions weren't happy because they were not told of the kiss and a few other surprise that was not done in rehearsals. It it was cable fine, but the concern is that this was on prime time TV and a few folks on the East Coast where calling their stations to complain. The Madonna/Britney/Christina kiss was on cable. Had Adam done this performance on the MTV Awards, all would have been fine. The same folks would have complained, but they would just say hey it is cable TV. I think Adam will be fine. He will do Letterman show a whole different side and win more people over.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Entermediamusic' date='Nov 23rd 2009, 6:18 AM'

I asked a few of the RCA people at an after party about the press thing as I was in the press room and was told that Adam would be talking to the press so we waited. They said that he took to long with the TV people then had to go catch his flight. My guess would be ET, AH, Insider. There is always 3-4 of them that had all area access. They said he did talk to the press, just could n't do it all. I was worried that something was wrong at first because Roger even said he would do stuff after the show.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Entermediamusic' date='Nov 23rd 2009, 7:19 AM'

I am back as well. I went to hit a few of the after parties after Hollygo left, but she was with me for the event. The press set up was weird. I have been to a ton of awards shows and was telling her that is the best place to be because most people get bored during the show and wander up, but nope most performers just left after they performed or stayed watching the show. It may be because of the 20 acts performing and no host filler. Not sure.

First off, as she said none of these artists were early so most of them came in took their photos, talked to the main TV people (ET, AH types) then rushed by every one else saying that they had to get inside. The red carpet started at 3 and by 3:45 nor one major artists came by. We did interview Kid Cudi, Blake Lewis, Chelsie Hightower, Selena Gomez (for a split second before they pulled her), Joe Perry of Aerosmith, Day 26, Brian McKnight, and Tim who use to be in One Republic. Others like Keith and Nicole and Shakira said sorry as they were being rush and just answer a question as they were walking, got a brief group quick question with Jermaine Jackson and Melissa Etheridge. Even Orianthi was rushed in. You would think that 19 E would have had her there earlier enough to get a lot of press in so since she is promoting a current cd. Kris was rushed in, Hollygo did talk with Katy, Adam was rushed in ,Daughtry and Paula Abdul was rushed in as well. It was 4:57 when we even saw him. I knew that they were all going to miss Janet, they make them wait no matter who they are once the show starts. I hope Adam caught a minute of her, if that by the time he got in and to his seats. Carrie was rushed in but she did stop and take a picture with a little girl who was going into the show that was on the carpet. That girl was getting a lot of artists to take pictures with her on the carpet. Never saw Kelly on the carpet. After Adam went in we decided to leave the carpet because any one else coming would be rushed by. We heard that only Alicia Keys and Rihanna came after we left. We wanted to try to see Janet, but we missed her. By the time we got to the back area, we saw Janet coming out of the theater and right into her car to leave. Her dancers came out as well but they were walking back to the changing trailers which were outside. Two of the dancers that dance with her were on SYTYCD Canada. We did n't talked to them just walked with them to the area.

The press room did have plenty of free food so I was quite happy as we were hungry by then. But hardly no one came up. Usually you see presenters galore. The only ones we saw were Seth Green, Paula Abdul.
As for the winners, I was thinking hardly no one but looking on it now with Taylor and Michael winning 9 of the 20 awards, doesn't leave much else. Jermaine Jackson came and spoke for Michael, no one for Taylor who was in London, Wil I am spoke for the Black Eyed Peas who won 2, Keith Urban, Green Day and Gloriana came up to speak after. Rascal Flatts did do red carpet interviews but stopped a few people before us to go in to the show, they did come back to do press after their win. They did 2 rooms , then left to present an award and we never saw them again and they never made it to our room. Other than that the only other winners were Aventura, Mary Mary and Twilight who cateogories weren't shown off air so I doubt anyone was there. So that only leaves Jay Z who did not come back at all after winning and Beyonce was not there. Had Lady Gaga and Adam made at back as promised as performers, I think it would have made the press very happy as an extra bonus. I was really surprised that Whitney did not do press after getting a major award. My only guess is she only did the majors, ET, AH types then left. So overall looking back in it quite a few winners did come back, there just wasn't that many to to begin with basically.

I am sure there is more we left out, just wanted to give you a run down. I am sure I will think of more stuff to add later. I need to go to bed. Hope you still had fun Hollygo.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'joooory' date='Nov 23rd 2009, 8:17 AM'

awww how sweet of Jim ::wub::

jambajim Have you purchased Adam Lambert's "For Your Entertainment" yet? If not, GO! http://tinyurl.com/ygm87uw If you have, buy another!
5 minutes ago from web
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Entermediamusic' date='Nov 23rd 2009, 8:25 AM'

I think different stations made the call to show it or cut it in the midwest and west coast. My sister was right down front inside and said that the crowd was very positive for Adam's performance. She think that most people watching probably assumed that the fall was part of the act since he had a lot going on. She thinks only the die hard Adam fans will know that he actually fell since we study him a lot more than others. Same with the vocals. Jlo's was harder to cover, but she handled it like a pro and just kept on moving. She was seen limping a little once she left the stage. I felt bad for her, since I watched her practice that song at least 10 times and was so ready for her to kill it. I think she still did, but everyone will just be talking about her fall on her comeback for performing.

As for Lyndsey Parker, she was sitting right in front of us in the press room and she was no one stop on twitter right after Adam performed, so I think she got wrapped up in the negative comments that came right after and felt worried for him. Especially after we were told her was coming to greet us and then out the blue told no. She was very excited about seeing him for sure.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'istersay' date='Nov 23rd 2009, 8:35 AM'

:)

http://www.cnn.com/

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'joooory' date='Nov 23rd 2009, 8:37 AM'

new reviews idk if it already here ::flowers::

Raunchy act steals music awards show .. he stole the whole show ::devil::
http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/telev...sic-awards-show

Adam Lambert Ready to Shake up Pop World With CD
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=9152418
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'joooory' date='Nov 23rd 2009, 8:46 AM'

I had the AH on YT even though i still hate YT :/ but someone asked me to do it so ..

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'CastroFan4Life' date='Nov 23rd 2009, 8:55 AM'

He sounded fine in the inteviews post-performance.
They're all focusing on the sexuality and not the fall although I suspect if anyone asks about the fall he'll make a joke about it....he seems like the type who can laugh at himself and roll with the punches (in this case, literally).
In the Access Hollywood, he made sure to point out he plans to sing a different song and show a different side on Letterman (and GMA, too, I'm sure).
He kept saying he was going to be on Letterman tonight but it's actually airing on the 25th isn't it?
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'claddagh182' date='Nov 23rd 2009, 8:58 AM'

So I watched the morning's headlines on NBC, CBS, and ABC and CBS was the only one that even mentioned Adam when they talked about the AMAs. They showed a picture of the kiss but talked about how Jennifer Lopez fell instead. So I'm hoping this won't be as much of an issue as I thought it might be and the performance will fly under the radar, unless the stations had to censor themselves since they're morning programs and they couldn't talk about the performance so early in the morning.

On a separate note, for some reason the fact that he's so unapologetic makes me so, so prould of him. ::wub:: ::wub::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'CastroFan4Life' date='Nov 23rd 2009, 9:31 AM'

Adam GAINED more than 1,000 new followers on Twitter overnight. ::thumbup::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'democrat59' date='Nov 23rd 2009, 9:45 AM'

http://www.popeater.com/2009/11/23/adam-la...ma-performance/

Two new polls on this page that could use some help, if you have a moment.
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Little Bee' date='Nov 23rd 2009, 10:05 AM'

UK Telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics...t-the-AMAs.html
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'Vortex' date='Nov 23rd 2009, 10:17 AM'

Was this posted from ABC News? Don't think they're too mad, LOL.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wirest...2418&page=1

A quote:
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'hollygo72' date='Nov 23rd 2009, 10:27 AM'

Listening to Ryan Seacrest. Just caught him talking about the AMAs. Apparently he wasn't aware of what was going on on stage. His co-host mentioned that it was "very provocative" but they didn't make a big deal about it - aside from Ryan Seacrest's mother calling him and asking if Adam kissed a boy. Ryan seems more concerened that Tweeters said he looked fat last night. ::haha::
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'GlamDi' date='Nov 23rd 2009, 10:46 AM'

@adamlambert @PerezHilton Thank you for the support. It WAS a bit pitchy. Don't know what was goin on with the sound. Same thing always went down on idol

@adamlambert @PerezHilton but I had a blast and am looking forward to my upcoming performances.

adam just tweeted perez, he posted last night's performance on his blog which still has adam lambert adam lambert adam lambert as the background :D
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'joooory' date='Nov 23rd 2009, 10:49 AM'

Rolling Stone : Adam Lambert Breaks Down AMAs “Controversy” as Stars React to His Wild Night

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/inde...his-wild-night/
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'joooory' date='Nov 23rd 2009, 10:58 AM'

Preze Hilton also did a review for Adam's performence he loved it too :D

http://perezhilton.com/2009-11-23-adam-lamberts-cock-shock

Adam Lambert's Cock Shock!

Adam Lambert aimed to be titillating with his American Music Awards performance last night and boy did he succeed!

He may have been pitchy at times but Glambert's performance did what he set out to do - get people talking. Everyone is talking about it! From the crotch-grabbing to the simulated oral sex to the guy on guy makeout session.

Was it over-the-top? Yes.

And we loved it!

Whether he wants to be or not, Adam Lambert is a gay role model and he's the kind of role model that we want to have! Why?

Because there are lots of Adam Lambert out there in America! Showqueens, little boys that like to play with makeup, gay guys that are horny. All of the above!

As if responding to all the recent "controversy" that's been swirling around him, Glambert was gay, in-your-face and super sexual at the AMAs.

We want Adam to do well! We need him to do well! Because just his PRESENCE alone is a win for equality and a win for gay youth that need to see themselves represented in the mainstream media.

He's gotten a lot of criticism for this performance, but, Adam Lambert, we applaud you!

Check out his rendition of For
glambertparty
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by glambertparty »

'LadyLondon' date='Nov 23rd 2009, 11:04 AM'

My best friend (who is a gay man and always hilarious) just phoned me. He doesnt know much about Adam apart from the bits and pieces I have bored him to tears about lol.
I told him about the AMA's and Adams performance. He laughed and said "good for him, I admire him now for doing that." He said, "we homosexuals have been downtrodden for far to long" (he was speaking jokingly when he said this and then added, "there's no more Mr Nice-Gay"
We both thought was a funny take on no more Mr Nice Guy.

Apparently you can buy T Shirts with the slogan on.

Anyways, although it was a light hearted chat, i just wanted to say that for all those people who are upset by Adams actions think of the flip side. There are many people who may feel a little freer, less alone and lighter of heart because of him.

Return to “2009 E&A”