Site Admin
Site Admin

"Can't Go Home Like This" - Steve Aoki & Felix Jaehn ft. Adam Lambert

Post by madamimadam »

EXTENDED VERSION:

[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxWbpdEtOQ0[/bbvideo]

RADIO VERSION

[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvxD-lR0bNc[/bbvideo]

I think it's time that this song gets its own thread. I have moved stuff in here from the Audio/Video thread where the discussion has expanded after the original audio post.

::spaz:: ::clap:: ::clapbig:: ::wootdance:: ::woohoo:: ::banana::

SusieFierce 2h2 hours ago
I'm excited for Can't Go Home. Push "Master" for snippets. Vocal is in second one: http://www.warnerchappell.com/song-deta ... 0587619000
"It is what it is!"
Sabine

Post by Sabine »

Popology now has the whole song, although it will probably be edited for radio, it is a bit too long:

http://www.popologynow.com/2016/03/21/n ... like-this/

fyi - The author loves CGH but calls WTTS "underwhelming".

IMO the two songs are completely different and not comparable. I love both (I am easy this time ::grin:: ) and hopefully both are getting radioplay. Since Felix Jaehn is involved CGH will be surely getting radio play here.

WTTS is also getting tested by some stations.
bridgette12

Post by bridgette12 »

After hearing both songs all the way through, neither is really any good. What Adam has on TOH album is so much better than these hastily thrown together releases. I just wish if people are going to ask Adam to sing one of their songs, it wasn't mediocre material. He's too good of a vocalist for material don't showcase his talents.
Carmi

Post by Carmi »

bridgette12 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:05 am wrote:After hearing both songs all the way through, neither is really any good. What Adam has on TOH album is so much better than these hastily thrown together releases. I just wish if people are going to ask Adam to sing one of their songs, it wasn't mediocre material. He's too good of a vocalist for material don't showcase his talents.

I think that the sooner we all believe that not everything he does and records is going to be a masterpiece, the better off we all will be. Big picture: he is still in the game and people still want to work and record with him. This is HUGE for him as an AI runner-up. He still gets great opportunities and we as fans are the benefactors. Can't Go Home places him firmly in the zeitgeist of EDM. This is not a bad thing. He is being heard by young potential new fans.

As he has said in a recent interview...sometimes you have to roll with punches in the music business.

For your sake, I hope you can find some happiness and positivity in all the opportunities that Adam has been blessed with recently. ::flowers:: It's just music. It should be a joyful distraction in not always a joyful world. ::smile::
bridgette12

Post by bridgette12 »

Carmi » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:27 am wrote:
bridgette12 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:05 am wrote:After hearing both songs all the way through, neither is really any good. What Adam has on TOH album is so much better than these hastily thrown together releases. I just wish if people are going to ask Adam to sing one of their songs, it wasn't mediocre material. He's too good of a vocalist for material don't showcase his talents.

I think that the sooner we all believe that not everything he does and records is going to be a masterpiece, the better off we all will be. Big picture: he is still in the game and people still want to work and record with him. This is HUGE for him as an AI runner-up. He still gets great opportunities and we as fans are the benefactors. Can't Go Home places him firmly in the zeitgeist of EDM. This is not a bad thing. He is being heard by young potential new fans.

As he has said in a recent interview...sometimes you have to roll with punches in the music business.

For your sake, I hope you can find some happiness and positivity in all the opportunities that Adam has been blessed with recently. ::flowers:: It's just music. It should be a joyful distraction in not always a joyful world. ::smile::
Your right, everything don't have to be a masterpiece, but it certainly don't have to sh$t no one else wanted. It's crappy songs and pretending that these songs are better than they are is not in the cards. Adam has produced some good music, unfortunately this is not. It's my opinion, if you don't like, that's your right, but it won't stop me from stating it even if I'm in the minority. He can do better than this song.
Sabine

Post by Sabine »

bridgette12 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:43 pm wrote:

Your right, everything don't have to be a masterpiece, but it certainly don't have to sh$t no one else wanted. It's crappy songs and pretending that these songs are better than they are is not in the cards. Adam has produced some good music, unfortunately this is not. It's my opinion, if you don't like, that's your right, but it won't stop me from stating it even if I'm in the minority. He can do better than this song.
Everyone has the right to like or not like something but to state as a fact that those are songs nobody else wanted is simply in insult towards Adam.
Carmi

Post by Carmi »

To be clear...it's not that I "don't like" your opinion, you are entitled to it. I just don't agree with it. I would never stop you from expressing it.

We have no idea if these songs were "sh$t no one else wanted". That's a big leap. Laleh as we know has written for Demi's Confident album. Was WTTS a reject from that album? Who knows? If it was, so what? WWFM was slated for Pink's Funhouse album and didn't make the final cut. Look what it did for Adam. It earned him his Grammy nom.

There are hundreds and hundreds of written songs out there just waiting for the right singer to do them justice and bring them to life. I would never refer to them as sh$t. Adam himself has said that he has recorded 30-40 songs for his albums and not all make it in the end. If someone else chooses one of them in the future to record, is it a sh$t song? No, it is not.

We also don't know how CGH originated either. Steve and Adam were both at Red Fest in Dubai. Adam is superior at networking. Maybe a conversation over some coffee there brought the idea to Steve to have Adam sing a song that he had written. Again, who knows? I just don't think too much about the two new songs and how Adam came to sing them. I am just glad that he did.

Adam is going to have a very long career in this business. My way of handling it is to just grab the wave and ride out the ups and downs. There are many more ups than downs for me. He is talented beyond measure and brings great joy to my ears. ::hello::
Paula

Post by Paula »

Okay, is this song called, "Can't Go Home", "Can't Go Home Like This", or "Can't Go Home Tonight"? I"m confused. I thought it was the first one.
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
Carmi

Post by Carmi »

Paula » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:08 pm wrote:Okay, is this song called, "Can't Go Home", "Can't Go Home Like This", or "Can't Go Home Tonight"? I"m confused. I thought it was the first one.

It is listed at Warner/Chappell Music as...Can't Go Home ft (Adam Lambert) ::hello:: So that must be the working name. ::thumbup::
Paula

Post by Paula »

Carmi » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:18 pm wrote:
Paula » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:08 pm wrote:Okay, is this song called, "Can't Go Home", "Can't Go Home Like This", or "Can't Go Home Tonight"? I"m confused. I thought it was the first one.

It is listed at Warner/Chappell Music as...Can't Go Home ft (Adam Lambert) ::hello:: So that must be the working name. ::thumbup::
That's what I thought! Thanks, Carmi! ::huggy::
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

Sabine » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:59 am wrote:Popology now has the whole song, although it will probably be edited for radio, it is a bit too long:

http://www.popologynow.com/2016/03/21/n ... like-this/

fyi - The author loves CGH but calls WTTS "underwhelming".

IMO the two songs are completely different and not comparable. I love both (I am easy this time ::grin:: ) and hopefully both are getting radioplay. Since Felix Jaehn is involved CGH will be surely getting radio play here.

WTTS is also getting tested by some stations.

I really like this song....CGHLT ::flowers::

To me it gives a ....beach...vacation....summer ....vibe ::coolgrin::

I could also see/hear it being played in a spinning or weight room hot yoga.....type class ::weightlift:: ::banana:: ::victorydance::

I think it could do very well !!!
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
bridgette12
2016 Media - Audio/Video

Post by bridgette12 »

Carmi » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:00 pm wrote:

To be clear...it's not that I "don't like" your opinion, you are entitled to it. I just don't agree with it. I would never stop you from expressing it.

We have no idea if these songs were "sh$t no one else wanted". That's a big leap. Laleh as we know has written for Demi's Confident album. Was WTTS a reject from that album? Who knows? If it was, so what? WWFM was slated for Pink's Funhouse album and didn't make the final cut. Look what it did for Adam. It earned him his Grammy nom.

There are hundreds and hundreds of written songs out there just waiting for the right singer to do them justice and bring them to life. I would never refer to them as sh$t. Adam himself has said that he has recorded 30-40 songs for his albums and not all make it in the end. If someone else chooses one of them in the future to record, is it a sh$t song? No, it is not.

We also don't know how CGH originated either. Steve and Adam were both at Red Fest in Dubai. Adam is superior at networking. Maybe a conversation over some coffee there brought the idea to Steve to have Adam sing a song that he had written. Again, who knows? I just don't think too much about the two new songs and how Adam came to sing them. I am just glad that he did.

Adam is going to have a very long career in this business. My way of handling it is to just grab the wave and ride out the ups and downs. There are many more ups than downs for me. He is talented beyond measure and brings great joy to my ears. ::hello::
It don't make a bit of difference where these song came from or who sings them, crap is crap. It don't suddenly turn into a pot of gold just because Adam is singing it. It's just an opinion, it's not essay on Adam's worth, his successes or failures, or whether me liking or disliking every song Adam put's out will determine his future. It ain't that deep, I just don't like these two songs.
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

Bridgette do you just copy.And paste? Lol. You saying its a mediocre material is exactly ThAt an opinion. Not fact. I.have a feeling YOUR a rock fan. And not a fan of the genre. But the genre Adams doing is current. Not liking the genre doesent make it bad. Besides im.wondering why YOUR so negative when the majority has been.wildly.positive. Honestly. And didn't you say you like Cgh lol? That diddnt last long. You say better material. What exactly do you mean. Anyway. Sounds like bieber. Which is.not bad his sound is very current.
barb4Adam

Post by barb4Adam »

Lyrics: Steve Aoki and Felix Jaehn – Can't Go Home Like This
http://genius.com/Steve-aoki-and-felix- ... his-lyrics...
[Verse 1: Adam Lambert]
Can't go home tonight 'til I work it out with you
Standing on the edge of something we can't afford to lose
[Pre-Chorus: Adam Lambert]
Say you wanna leave, wanna leave
Got my heart on a string behind you
We're a lock without a key, out a key
And I'm just trying to get through
[Chorus: Adam Lambert]
When the bed's half-made and the light's blown out
We can build our fate over hollow ground
Open up the cage, let the birds fly out
Cause we can't go home...
Like this
Like, like, like, like
Cause we can't go home like this
[Verse 2: Adam Lambert]
I wanna fall down the kaleidoscope with you
We gotta fix up the hearts we broke, before we do
[Pre-Chorus: Adam Lambert]
Say you wanna leave, wanna leave
Well I'm just trying to get through
[Chorus: Adam Lambert]
When the bed's half-made and the light's blown out
We can build our fate over hollow ground
Open up the cage, let the birds fly out
Cause we can't go home like this
No we can't go home like this
Not like this
Can't go home like this
Yeah
Like, like, like, like
[Outro: Adam Lambert]
Like this
Can't go home like this
Can't go home like, like this
Carmi
2016 Media - Audio/Video

Post by Carmi »

bridgette12 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:03 pm wrote:
Carmi » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:00 pm wrote:

It don't make a bit of difference where these song came from or who sings them, crap is crap. It don't suddenly turn into a pot of gold just because Adam is singing it. It's just an opinion, it's not essay on Adam's worth, his successes or failures, or whether me liking or disliking every song Adam put's out will determine his future. It ain't that deep, I just don't like these two songs.

okay Bridgette
rustycat

Post by rustycat »

I think this is ok. I like WTTS better. WTTS is completely stuck in my head and has been for days. I forgot what CGH sounded like the second I was done listening. Doesn't mean one is better than the other. Just my personal preference. Fans, at least in the USA, should understand that IF CGH does turn out to be a single for Aoki, that his home format is dance radio. Not mainstream pop radio. He is not a pop guy here. He gets play on dance radio and that is where CGH would generally be played.
Sealuv

Post by Sealuv »

rustycat » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:42 pm wrote:I think this is ok. I like WTTS better. WTTS is completely stuck in my head and has been for days. I forgot what CGH sounded like the second I was done listening. Doesn't mean one is better than the other. Just my personal preference. Fans, at least in the USA, should understand that IF CGH does turn out to be a single for Aoki, that his home format is dance radio. Not mainstream pop radio. He is not a pop guy here. He gets play on dance radio and that is where CGH would generally be played.
agree with all of this ......two different genres...different radio play and demographics.....and like you rusty...that "welcome to the show ..welcome to my life" is frickin' stuck in my brain..especially when my head hits the pillow........mantra.... for sure!
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

Yeah I like wtts better. Cgh I like. But I find Wtts better earworm. More banger too. But yes Wtts well be played on mainstream top.40 radio.
bridgette12

Post by bridgette12 »

3ku1 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:04 pm wrote:Bridgette do you just copy.And paste? Lol. You saying its a mediocre material is exactly ThAt an opinion. Not fact. I.have a feeling YOUR a rock fan. And not a fan of the genre. But the genre Adams doing is current. Not liking the genre doesent make it bad. Besides im.wondering why YOUR so negative when the majority has been.wildly.positive. Honestly. And didn't you say you like Cgh lol? That diddnt last long. You say better material. What exactly do you mean. Anyway. Sounds like bieber. Which is.not bad his sound is very current.
It's a crappy song that's not going to sell many downloads. That's not being negative, that's being realistic. It's better than deluding yourself that either one of these songs are going to get radio play or make any money off of them. Adam needs radio play and these two songs are not helping him. As for what I listen to, I listen to various type of music, but I can tell the difference between what's good and what's not. I'm no fan of beiber, but I do know that he wouldn't sing either one of these songs, because he would be offered better songs by professional song writers who can write something catchy and current.
ALB2

Post by ALB2 »

Sorry you are unhappy Bridgette. I really like this song. The melody is terrific on the Adam part and his voice sounds great. I can imagine how amazing it must sound soaring over a huge EDM crowd. Can't believe we 2 new Adam songs out of the blue in one month!
Moved from The Lesser Used Threads to Adam Music Archives on Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:09 pm by madamimadam

Moved from Adam Music Archives to 2016 on Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:31 pm by madamimadam

Return to “2016 Adam Music”