14:24 - 14 maj 2016 · City of London, London, United Kingdom

shoshanna stone ‎@shoshannastone
@JeremyJoseph Hahahah!
14:26 - 14 maj 2016

Andrea PJ Fraser ‎@apjf
@shoshannastone @JeremyJoseph Any news why Adam left stage? No encore? X
13:21 - 15 maj 2016

@apjf just a short set, no encore planned :)
13:36 - 15 maj 2016

Andrea PJ Fraser ‎@apjf
@shoshannastone thank you. Hope you all enjoyed as much as I did .

@apjf we did!!! We were there till around 345
13:39 - 15 maj 2016

Nobodysvixen ‎@dyspessa
@shoshannastone So he didn't get annoyed about whistles? @apjf
13:42 - 15 maj 2016

@dyspessa @apjf what? No he was kidding!!!
14:18 - 15 maj 2016
Sabine
2016-05-14 G-A-Y Club, London, UK

Post by Sabine »

I am waiting for the day when the drama queens in this fandom will stop causing stupid, unnecessary drama. ::rolleyes::

Great show, Adam and audience had fun, I really enjoy the videos. And Adam looked sexy - loved his outfit. ::thumbsup::
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

Daz Gale ‏@dazgale

My friend took this picture from the balcony of Adam grabbing my hand last night. We had a real moment...
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CigEhnNWgAAEBAG.jpg

Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

fonglin_chen

#adam - LMD
barb4Adam

Post by barb4Adam »

Daz Gale ‏@dazgale Adam performing 'Fever' tonight. Sound isn't great cos I was by the speaker but you can't get much closer
::muwahaha:: ::drool:: ::dead2:: ::dead::
barb4Adam

Post by barb4Adam »

TALCvids ‏@TALCvids Wow those vocals! Adam Lambert giving the crowd FEVER! RT @apjf : Adam GAY London xx
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

Daz Gale @dazgale

Here's a longer video I took of Adam doing 'Fever' at G-A-Y last night
[bbvideo=560,315]https://youtu.be/7dZyFlHJA18[/bbvideo]
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

miguelpereiralp
Adam Fucking Lambert!!
hotouthere

Post by hotouthere »

Whether or not Adam was kidding about disliking the whistles, I think he was a bit annoyed and I think those whistles are a terrible idea. ::nono:: Why would anyone in the audience want someone blowing a whistle in their ear during a performance where you can't even hear the performer? I suppose it wouldn't matter if everyone is drunk out of their minds and the entertainment is some crappy, unknown performer or band! I think that a top notch, self-respecting entertainer (like Adam) or musician would be feeling pretty unappreciated if that noise is drowning out their performance.

Adam doesn't like girls screaming when he is meeting them in an airport or going out and doing an informal signing. He has even told people that it hurts his ears! Even his sound guy says he has sensitive hearing. Why would he want that ear piercing noise interfering with his music? If you are American, whistling is sometimes considered an insult after a bad play at a sporting event or after a bad performance of some sort. Therefore his initial reaction may have been negative ::wacko:: until, and because he is a good sport, he went along with it.

Adam should make sure that those whistles are banned if he performs there again!
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

The OP has been updated. ::hello::
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

TALCvids 59m59 minutes ago
Adam Lambert wows with London G-A-Y performance http://www.pressparty.com/pg/newsdesk/a ... ew/152344/ … via @Pressparty < includes video w performance footage
"It is what it is!"
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

Michał Żyśko

Ghost town - Adam Lambert Live, Heaven, London 14 May 2016
[bbvideo=560,315]https://youtu.be/Vjon64bUPrk[/bbvideo]
Carmi

Post by Carmi »

hotouthere » Sun May 15, 2016 2:11 pm wrote:Whether or not Adam was kidding about disliking the whistles, I think he was a bit annoyed and I think those whistles are a terrible idea. ::nono:: Why would anyone in the audience want someone blowing a whistle in their ear during a performance where you can't even hear the performer? I suppose it wouldn't matter if everyone is drunk out of their minds and the entertainment is some crappy, unknown performer or band! I think that a top notch, self-respecting entertainer (like Adam) or musician would be feeling pretty unappreciated if that noise is drowning out their performance.

Adam doesn't like girls screaming when he is meeting them in an airport or going out and doing an informal signing. He has even told people that it hurts his ears! Even his sound guy says he has sensitive hearing. Why would he want that ear piercing noise interfering with his music? If you are American, whistling is sometimes considered an insult after a bad play at a sporting event or after a bad performance of some sort. Therefore his initial reaction may have been negative ::wacko:: until, and because he is a good sport, he went along with it.

Adam should make sure that those whistles are banned if he performs there again!

The whole whistle thing is very much a part of the London rave scene from the 90's. Whistles were always used when the techno music was being played. The handing out of whistles at some London clubs is still done to this day. G A Y still uses that tradition. The club goers know that and I'm sure British acts that perform there know that too. I don't think that the whistle thing is foreign to Adam either. Many gay clubs in America from coast to coast have whistle blowers to enhance the music and party atmosphere. It's fun for the young people.

I'm going to venture a bet here that most people there last night WERE drunk as you mention. Or at least feeling no pain and didn't mind the whistles.

WE here think of Adam as a top notch performer because we are stans. Some of the patrons there last night I'm sure think that Adam is super also. But to not use their whistles? I don't think so. He wasn't performing an aria from La Boheme. It was a party club atmosphere...for young people.

I can't imagine Adam asking the proprietor of G A Y to ban whistles if he ever performs there again. To me, and imo, that would be nuts.

Sometimes, fans of a certain age, and I am one of them, just don't get the younger folks and their methods of having fun. I'm sure the whistles would drive older people crazy. That is just a given. But Adam TRIES to perform and entertain younger fans.

I believe that Adam was more making a joke last night about the whistles. If he was really bothered, he has no problem to voice himself. He has said at least twice on TOH tour to the audience not to "throw shit on stage." He would have said to stop the whistles too imo.
3ku1

Post by 3ku1 »

Yeah those Whistles are no big deal. Part in parcell of those clubs. ADam was joking too. Being a bit catty but generally. joking. I think ppl take Adam way too seriously lol. He has a poker face. I don't think it would be wise to tell the club next time, oh dont whistle lol. Its not a big deal. ADam seemed to have fun, seeing a different type of audience front row haha.
hotouthere

Post by hotouthere »

I have been to several of Adam's concerts. I was not in the best position at two of those concerts as all I could hear the first time was Tommy's bass and the other was the drums. My enjoyment of those concerts was severely reduced because I could hardly hear Adam's voice. The other concerts were aurel heaven! I also would not enjoy a concert if I heard constant whistles or someone singing loud and flat behind me for an entire concert. I realize that some younger people think it is fun and as we already know, most of those younger audiences don't really give a damn about the quality of the music or if they are interfering with someone else's enjoyment. I would only think it might be appropriate at a concert being hosted by a DJ playing tunes on a turntable that don't involve a live performer! I don't care if it is some kind of tradition. I think it is really disrespectful and obnoxious! I also don't think Adam was expecting it based on his initial reaction. His "What the F..K" reaction was a good way to let people know that it wasn't the most pleasing sound or a good way to show their appreciation of the person trying to perform. Even his facial expression looked like he was in pain from the noise! Maybe a few of those young people need to be educated in how to behave in front of a live performer! I guess when your idea of live performing involves lip syncing or autotuned crap, it doesn't matter how you behave!

Of course, this is my personal opinion which I am entitled to!

Return to “2016 One-Off Concerts”