***Have-At-It Never-Ending Gabfest***

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
Sabine

Post by Sabine »

Paula » Tue May 10, 2016 11:23 pm wrote:Welp, here we go again. Bieber is acting like a little spoiled, entitled asshole.

http://www.etonline.com/news/188476_jus ... _new_rant/

I'm SO happy that Adam doesn't act like that, and that he appreciates his fans.

"If you happen to see me out somewhere know that I’m not gonna take a picture. I’m done taking pictures," the Purpose artist wrote. "It has gotten to the point that people won’t even say hi to me or recognize me as a human. I feel like a zoo animal, and I wanna be able to to keep my sanity."

I am not a Bieber fan and it is sad that he obviously does not have anyone who keeps him grounded but I understand where he is coming from here.
Some weeks ago a fan saw Adam at the airport and took the same flight. During the whole boarding time she was behind him and filmed him and he was not aware about it. I found that completely disrespectful.
Adam is a very nice guy and usually has no problem to pose for a picture but I would like to know his real honest opinion when fans act like that.
And to often fans act like the artist "owns" them something because they support him and buy his music and concert tickets.
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

Sabine » Wed May 11, 2016 7:46 am wrote:
Paula » Tue May 10, 2016 11:23 pm wrote:Welp, here we go again. Bieber is acting like a little spoiled, entitled asshole.

http://www.etonline.com/news/188476_jus ... _new_rant/

I'm SO happy that Adam doesn't act like that, and that he appreciates his fans.

"If you happen to see me out somewhere know that I’m not gonna take a picture. I’m done taking pictures," the Purpose artist wrote. "It has gotten to the point that people won’t even say hi to me or recognize me as a human. I feel like a zoo animal, and I wanna be able to to keep my sanity."

I am not a Bieber fan and it is sad that he obviously does not have anyone who keeps him grounded but I understand where he is coming from here.
Some weeks ago a fan saw Adam at the airport and took the same flight. During the whole boarding time she was behind him and filmed him and he was not aware about it. I found that completely disrespectful.
Adam is a very nice guy and usually has no problem to pose for a picture but I would like to know his real honest opinion when fans act like that.
And to often fans act like the artist "owns" them something because they support him and buy his music and concert tickets.
I agree. I'm on Justin's side on this issue. Many of these 'fans' aren't even fans. They see someone famous...they see the mob and just want to be a part of it. They start screaming, grabbing, insisting the celebrity take time for them.

Yes, it's in a celebrities best interest to be kind to their fans. But that goes both ways. The fans also need to be kind and respectful. And often times the 'fans' aren't kind and respectful but entitled.

I watched a video a few weeks ago of Kylie Jenner being followed into a building by a mob of people and one 'fan' was right on her back the entire time, reaching around her with the camera trying to take a selfie and then grabbed her arm. Kylie turned and said 'don't touch me'. Of course that's what became the news -that she yelled at a fan.

Recently Amy Schumer said she's no longer taking pictures with fans after some guy ran up to her, shoved his camera in her face and when Amy asked him to stop he said 'no, it's America and we paid for you'.

Yes, it bothers me if I see someone I'm a fan of ignoring a fan or being a bit rude but then I try to put myself in their shoes. Imagine going out to dinner and people you don't know (but who think they know you) are screaming at you, grabbing at you and demanding you pay attention to them. It would be weird and scary.

On the other hand, it makes me feel good when I see someone I'm a fan of being kind and decent to their fans. But, I would guess everybody has a breaking point.

I will never understand the mentality of 'we made you famous so you owe us what ever we want'. No, they (singer, actor, model) owe us their best work. Anything else they decide to give (pictures, autographs, etc) is extra fun stuff.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Today was my granddaughter's 9th birthday... Had a bit too much wine and have to take my son and daughter-in-law to the airport at 3:00 a.m! ::duh::

Off to bed... On the plus side, I'll be able to make headway with the Treasure Chest of Links at 4:00 a.m.! ::haha::
"It is what it is!"
Raleighfan

Post by Raleighfan »

This handbell choir plays Bohemian Rhapsody(1:15), We Are the Champions(1:36), Pinball Wizard, Kashmir...

http://www.wral.com/lifestyles/travel/video/15715195/
svca

Post by svca »

Yay, so happy about the server announcement....it honestly just takes forever when I try to post, and I don't always have the time to wait ::no::

Especially when I peek in from work ::ninja::

Thanks, Marie! ::flowers::
sandyrk

Post by sandyrk »

Wow ::yessss::

This is great! Can't believe how fast and easy this is!

Thank you so much, our dedicated leader! ::hugkissblush:: ::wub:: ::heart::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

sandyrk » Fri May 20, 2016 10:09 am wrote:Wow ::yessss::

This is great! Can't believe how fast and easy this is!

Thank you so much, our dedicated leader! ::hugkissblush:: ::wub:: ::heart::
::highfive::
 ! Message from: madamimadam
I need feedback guys... Are you seeing a difference in speed for loading pages or posting? This isn't free and I don't want to spend the extra money on something that may or may not make a difference! So, please!!!! SPEAK UP!!!!!!
"It is what it is!"
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Holy Crap! This is super fast. Love it! ::yessss:: ::grin::

Thank you Marie ::huggy:: ........Now I won't get so frustrated bringing over the IDF stuff. ::smile::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Tiki » Fri May 20, 2016 12:18 pm wrote:Holy Crap! This is super fast. Love it! ::yessss:: ::grin::

Thank you Marie ::huggy:: ........Now I won't get so frustrated bringing over the IDF stuff. ::smile::
YAY!!!!!! ::clapbig::
"It is what it is!"
barb4Adam

Post by barb4Adam »

Definitely speedier loading the multiple videos/utube posts at the
Media - Audio/Video thread....
http://adamlambertmtt.com/viewtopic.php ... &start=260 ::thumbsup::
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

GLAAD ‏@glaad 12m12 minutes ago
.@maroon5 canceling North Carolina shows because of anti-LGBT #HB2 law http://smarturl.it/c2c6c8 #LGBT #RepealHB2
Paula

Post by Paula »

It's working, Marie! I'm so happy! Thank you! :)
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
Sabine

Post by Sabine »

Uploading sites is much faster for me now! Works great! ::thumbup::
svca

Post by svca »

Marie, getting into the threads, and posting is much, much faster for me, too.

::wootdance:: ::wootdance::
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

I thought yesterday was fast, definitely faster than what it had been, but today it's like lightning. Super, super fast. ::yessss:: ::grin:: No excuses now for members not to be posting. ::innocent:: ::whistle:: ::grin::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Tiki » Sat May 21, 2016 3:15 pm wrote:I thought yesterday was fast, definitely faster than what it had been, but today it's like lightning. Super, super fast. ::yessss:: ::grin:: No excuses now for members not to be posting. ::innocent:: ::whistle:: ::grin::
Yes, despite my big ass announcement two days ago, they only 'really' moved us overnight last night. We are now fully on our own server!!!!

::woohoo:: ::wheee:: ::banana:: ::wheee:: ::woohoo::
"It is what it is!"
svca

Post by svca »

::clapbig:: ::clapbig:: ::clapbig::

So cool, we're like big kids now....we got our own server !!! ::crylaugh:: ::crylaugh::

Now kids, be careful and try not to break it, ok ???
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

svca » Sat May 21, 2016 3:20 pm wrote:::clapbig:: ::clapbig:: ::clapbig::

So cool, we're like big kids now....we got our own server !!! ::crylaugh:: ::crylaugh::

Now kids, be careful and try not to break it, ok ???
I'm watching over you!
WATCHING OVER YOU.jpg
WATCHING OVER YOU.jpg (20.15 KiB) Viewed 4727 times
"It is what it is!"
sandyrk

Post by sandyrk »

It is pretty darn nice how well this thing is working now, Oh Mighty Leader ::yessss::

Question -- I am not getting answers on the correct thread, so I am asking here...how many people were at that amazing show last night? I haven't seen the head count...
sandyrk

Post by sandyrk »

Also, I decided to share this here, since it is a little premature to be on the IOW site.

We are doing a Videoblog about this next adventure, with 6 of us, including donnamb and her DH, coming from several parts of the globe and meeting up to go to a house on The Isle of Wight. I am very proud of how this is all coming together...everyone is so helpful.

Our junior member, who is coming from Chile, decided that he should do a videoblog about the trip. Ever the psychologist, I decided that he should start it two weeks before to share the whole process of undertaking something this major...

So here's this chapter...I can't even imagine the bravery this is taking on his part...please indulge me and enjoy...there will be many more chapters, even if they are recorded on a speedtrain or something... ::thinking:: ::woot::

[bbvideo=560,315]https://youtu.be/_h9aIC6GTCc[/bbvideo]

Return to “Let's Talk!”