***Have-At-It Never-Ending Gabfest***

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
svca

Post by svca »

I'll say congrats to Allison, even though I can't stand her voice... ::clap:: ::clap::
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

Wow! What an inspiring, powerful speech.

"When they go low, we go high."

[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK-oWkVcnok[/bbvideo]
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

bebeg » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:04 pm wrote:Wow! What an inspiring, powerful speech.

It was so amazing!!!! Can I nominate her for the 'second woman' to become president after having been a First Lady?
"It is what it is!"
Lizziek

Post by Lizziek »

madamimadam » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:12 pm wrote:
bebeg » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:04 pm wrote:Wow! What an inspiring, powerful speech.

It was so amazing!!!! Can I nominate her for the 'second woman' to become president after having been a First Lady?
I second that nomination. ::clap::
I've watched her speech a few times. ::clapbig::
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

bebeg » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:04 am wrote:Wow! What an inspiring, powerful speech.

Yes it really was. ::smile::
svca

Post by svca »

I have a girl crush on Michelle Obama ::wub::

This is the first time I have ever, ever paid attention to a First Lady, but she is just so striking. I feel like she would be a great person to just sit with, have coffee, and talk to.

I love to listen to her talk, and her speech was beyond awesome. I so needed to hear that after all the crap thrown at us from the other side.

Can you tell I would never make a good R? ::haha::

Hubby is R and he said no way in hell would he ever vote for DT, never. I told him maybe we'll stay married a bit longer lol ::crylaugh::
DerekMcG

Post by DerekMcG »

madamimadam » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:12 am wrote:

Well, she'd get my vote in a heartbeat!

What a terrific speech from an equally terrific person---and one who will surely go down in US history as one of the great First Ladies.

Even Trump couldn't bring himself to criticize her speech, I see. I suspect he realized that any criticism would have immediately backfired on him!

It was great to see Adam sharing the love for Michelle too ::smile::
sandyrk

Post by sandyrk »

I have been SO enjoying the DNC. It is just so decent ::yessss:: ::derrderr::

It is so nice to see that side of our government again. I feel passionately about HRC, despite all the mud that has been thrown at her. I can't believe that some polls have her losing. No way.

Ah, on to my other passion: (and that is not even mentioning Adam, who seems to be my main passion ::banana:: )
Here is my Chilean friend's latest blog on the Isle of Wight. This was the first day of the Festival, and sorta sets the stage for how the event unfolded. Not QAL yet, but he's taking it day by day....please enjoy.

[bbvideo=560,315]http://www.myparallelmusicverse.com/201 ... rsday.html[/bbvideo]
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

This is so amazing! ::cryblownose::

hlfitz 3h3 hours ago Philadelphia, PA
From Philly to Florida, with love. @equalityfl @WayGay @pulseorlando #Philly4Pulse

"It is what it is!"
misswood

Post by misswood »

Are they seriously gonna give that unhinged orangutan security briefings on Friday?! ::fearful:: Has this whole election been set up for him? What the hell's going on !? so it's ok to do all this shit he's doing and keep him in there? Shouldn't he be disqualified by now? What more does it take? Are there really that many people out there that want to put up with this inexperienced imbecile as president?! Even folks that actually 'like' him should be terrified. someone help me understand because I'm really confused and traumatized.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

misswood » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:26 pm wrote:Are they seriously gonna give that unhinged orangutan security briefings on Friday?! ::fearful:: Has this whole election been set up for him? What the hell's going on !? so it's ok to do all this shit he's doing and keep him in there? Shouldn't he be disqualified by now? What more does it take? Are there really that many people out there that want to put up with this inexperienced imbecile as president?! Even folks that actually 'like' him should be terrified. someone help me understand because I'm really confused and traumatized.
I don't know what to tell you, BB. My Canadian mind is blown that not only did he not get kicked off for his dangerous moronic NATO comments to NYTimes but that his numbers are what they are.

If he gets elected, forget his Mexico wall, I'm getting a fundraising movement to build a wall between Canada and the U.S.

UNBELIEVABLE!
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Trump's new campaign platform hats... #TrumpTraitor

"It is what it is!"
misswood

Post by misswood »

madamimadam » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:35 pm wrote:
misswood » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:26 pm wrote:Are they seriously gonna give that unhinged orangutan security briefings on Friday?! ::fearful:: Has this whole election been set up for him? What the hell's going on !? so it's ok to do all this shit he's doing and keep him in there? Shouldn't he be disqualified by now? What more does it take? Are there really that many people out there that want to put up with this inexperienced imbecile as president?! Even folks that actually 'like' him should be terrified. someone help me understand because I'm really confused and traumatized.
I don't know what to tell you, BB. My Canadian mind is blown that not only did he not get kicked off for his dangerous moronic NATO comments to NYTimes but that his numbers are what they are.

If he gets elected, forget his Mexico wall, I'm getting a fundraising movement to build a wall between Canada and the U.S.

UNBELIEVABLE!
The only wall that needs to be built is one around his crazy orange ass ::angry::
misswood

Post by misswood »

madamimadam » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:36 pm wrote:Trump's new campaign platform hats... #TrumpTraitor

he looks like an old dried apricot ::angry::
misswood

Post by misswood »

misswood » Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:43 pm wrote:

UNBELIEVABLE!
The only wall that needs to be built is one around his crazy orange ass ::angry::
and they can put Pootin in there with him.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

misswood » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:43 pm wrote:

UNBELIEVABLE!
Oh! Great point! And much cheaper! ::crylaugh::
"It is what it is!"
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

As terrifying as the thought is, yes he will begin to receive security briefings. Pres. Truman ordered these briefings in 1952 and it's continued. However, Pres Obama and his national security team determine what he (and Hillary) has access to.

As for helping you understand. I'm as stumped and confused and frustrated and frightened as you. Every day as I glance through my facebook I'm shocked at the number of people I grew up with (classmates) and relatives who are supporting him.

I understand that people vote party lines or people vote against another. But even those reasons can't explain voting for a racist, homophobic, misogynistic, xenophobic egomaniac. One of the scariest things to me is all the hate and negativity. He's allowed people who have been shut down for years to say and do whatever they want. They can spew their hate, attack those they think are less than because 'hey a nominee for President does it, so why can't I".

In my opinion, he doesn't even want to be president. He wants to win what he sees as a contest. It's the ultimate first place - president of the United States. He doesn't even understand what he's potentially getting into. And that's scariest of all.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Thank you, Bebeg, for being able to articulate everything I feel!

I truly believe that America will not let Shtrumpf in... I think it's easy to vent your anger at all that is wrong in your life by voicing 'opinions' in polls... but faced with that moment behind the curtain on election day, reality and sanity will return!

::grouphug::
"It is what it is!"
misswood

Post by misswood »

bebeg » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:04 pm wrote:

As terrifying as the thought is, yes he will begin to receive security briefings. Pres. Truman ordered these briefings in 1952 and it's continued. However, Pres Obama and his national security team determine what he (and Hillary) has access to.

As for helping you understand. I'm as stumped and confused and frustrated and frightened as you. Every day as I glance through my facebook I'm shocked at the number of people I grew up with (classmates) and relatives who are supporting him.

I understand that people vote party lines or people vote against another. But even those reasons can't explain voting for a racist, homophobic, misogynistic, xenophobic egomaniac. One of the scariest things to me is all the hate and negativity. He's allowed people who have been shut down for years to say and do whatever they want. They can spew their hate, attack those they think are less than because 'hey a nominee for President does it, so why can't I".

In my opinion, he doesn't even want to be president. He wants to win what he sees as a contest. It's the ultimate first place - president of the United States. He doesn't even understand what he's potentially getting into. And that's scariest of all.
He's in it for control and money only. If he wins he won't have to pay up all those millions he owes to us and other countries and the 3500 plus lawsuits against him will get dropped, right? I feel like there's a gigantic orange tornado headed right for us and we don't have a storm shelter.
Carmi

Post by Carmi »

I hope you are right Marie. I hope that the crazy is only a smaller vocal group than we think. I can't even imagine how anyone can vote for him. He is a sliver away from being certifiable. The man is all that is wrong with the world today imo. So much hate. Yes, hate has always existed in U S. There is no denying that fact, but people kept their hate in their own homes and circles. (not saying that is right either) Trump has unleashed all that now out in the open. Civility is gone. It is a free for all now with no shame and people expressing it openly. He, imo, has single-handedly brought back the 60's and all its strife.

I really hope that America remembers what happened in UK with Brexit. The day after the results came in, the UK people that voted for it were shocked. They didn't think their vote would count. They all clamored for a do over. We know it doesn't work that way. Your vote DOES count. The voting booth is not the time to be ignorant. It's not the time to be a disgruntled Bernie Bro. It's not the time to hate on Hillary about emails. It IS the time to think about our country and who can lead it in these very trying times. Like Hillary, or not, she is qualified and then some. The greater good and big picture needs to be embraced. imo

Back to Adam...

I am laughing so hard at some fans that are saying that Adam does not look good as Eddie. Jeez. Eddie was frozen and thawed out. He busted out of a freezer! Half his brain was used to make Rocky. He is a greaser and rock and roller. Eddie is not supposed to look gorgeous as we know Adam is in real life. It's called acting and playing a role. ::icant:: ::hysterical:: Sometimes I just can't with some fans. ::duh:: ::rofl:: ::bleh::

Return to “Let's Talk!”