***Have-At-It Never-Ending Gabfest***

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

I have been sick like a dog... worst stomach flu I've ever had... I can barely keep my head off the pillow long enough to catch up a little.

As always, thank you sooooooooooooo much Hrithika for keeping us going with all the pertinent news!
"It is what it is!"
Hrithika
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Hrithika »

Get well soon ::huggy::

And take some of this
1.jpg
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Hope you feel back to your healthy self real quick Marie! ::huggy::

Paula

Post by Paula »

Feel better, Marie!
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Smile for the day! Thank goodness my cats couldn't do that, they would be ringing the bell all day long. ::haha::

svca

Post by svca »

Poor Marie ::puke:: ::cryingbye:: ::grouphug::

Hope you feel better sweetie....lots of nasty stuff going around.

Son-in-law from Japan was here for 3 weeks for his friend's wedding. We didn't even get to see him because he got sick right after the wedding...apparently about 20 people from this wedding got sick. Lordy, that's like an epidemic. My daughter, who stayed in Japan, was complaining that he had to spend $300 to go to the doctor for a sinus and an ear infection. They get free healthcare in Japan. I hope he was all better by the time he had to fly back. There's nothing worse than flying when you have a sinus infection. Yikes ::shock::
misswood

Post by misswood »

Tiki wrote:Smile for the day! Thank goodness my cats couldn't do that, they would be ringing the bell all day long. ::haha::

I couldn't see it ::angry:: Does anyone know why I can't watch internet videos anymore? not just here...everywhere.
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

misswood wrote:
Tiki wrote:Smile for the day! Thank goodness my cats couldn't do that, they would be ringing the bell all day long. ::haha::

I couldn't see it ::angry:: Does anyone know why I can't watch internet videos anymore? not just here...everywhere.
Where are you trying to watch from? Phone? iPad? Computer?

What are you using? Explorer? Chrome?

... and I thought I'd bring this here... ::hysterical:: ::hysterical:: ::hysterical::

"It is what it is!"
misswood

Post by misswood »

desktop with explorer. I can't watch web videos that come from twitter. This shit's been going on for months! ::angry::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

misswood wrote:desktop with explorer. I can't watch web videos that come from twitter. This shit's been going on for months! ::angry::
Try Google Chrome.
"It is what it is!"
hotouthere

Post by hotouthere »

misswood wrote:desktop with explorer. I can't watch web videos that come from twitter. This shit's been going on for months! ::angry::
What version of Window's are you on? Details matter! ::hello:: ::yes::
misswood

Post by misswood »

hotouthere wrote:
windows 7, and IE11. the videos start to play and then it goes black and says the media cannot be played.
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

misswood wrote:
hotouthere wrote:
windows 7, and IE11. the videos start to play and then it goes black and says the media cannot be played.
Don't know if this will help you or not.....https://forums.adobe.com/thread/885448
Also click on this at the bottom of the page......ActiveX Filtering in Internet Explorer

If this doesn't help you out, install Chrome and just use Chrome for the videos if you prefer IE11 for everything else. Make sure your Internet Explorer is up to date as well.

Since Windows 7 no longer gets updates, this may be the reason you are having problems and nothing to do with IE11. Just guessing here.

Good luck! ::grin::
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

Tiki wrote:
misswood wrote:
hotouthere wrote:
Don't know if this will help you or not.....https://forums.adobe.com/thread/885448
Also click on this at the bottom of the page......ActiveX Filtering in Internet Explorer ...https://forums.adobe.com/thread/867968?tstart=0

If this doesn't help you out, install Chrome and just use Chrome for the videos if you prefer IE11 for everything else. Make sure your Internet Explorer is up to date as well.

Since Windows 7 no longer gets updates, this may be the reason you are having problems and nothing to do with IE11. Just guessing here.

Good luck! ::smile::
hotouthere

Post by hotouthere »

misswood wrote:
hotouthere wrote:
My computer at work was running XP and having similar problems when Microsoft stopped updating that version. They stopped supporting Windows 7 on 1/1/15 and Windows 8 on 1/1/16. Installing and/or using Chrome won't help because they are also terminating support approximately 1 year after the termination of each Windows termination. The best thing to do is upgrade to Windows 10. I did it on 5 computers at work. Fortunately, I had our IT expert show me how to do it on one computer and I did it on the rest without any difficulty and it didn't take too long. Another thing I installed is a free program on all the PC's called "Classic Shell". It replaces the Windows 10 desktop view and gives you a few choices that can make your "desktop" screen look and operate like older versions of Windows. It almost totally eliminates the learning curve! Windows 10 has a desktop layout that works best with touch screen devices but it isn't so great when you're used to just a keyboard and mouse. When installing windows 10, you want to prevent it from installing a lot of stuff that invades your privacy so it helps to have someone who knows what items to avoid. I wish I could be more specific but it has been a year since I did the updates. There are several screens that you navigate through and the first screen has one item to leave on (I think it is the first item) and I believe the first item on the last screen ... every other optional item they offer to be installed needs to be turned off. Another quirky thing in Windows 10 is that it defaults to printing to a Windows 10 (.pdf) printer rather than a physical printer connected to your computer! Go to Start/PC settings/devices & "Let Windows manage my default printer" and turn it to "off" otherwise it keeps returning to that default .pdf printer every time you reboot your computer. If you use Microsoft Office on your computer, the older versions may still work. If you have some other proprietary software, those may not work on Window's 10. A lot of free versions of software that I used to use on XP no longer work on Windows 10 so that is one of the pitfalls but overall, the videos and stuff on the internet work much better if you have good speed on your internet service.

Hope you can get things resolved soon...before Adam gets busy again!!

Madamimadam, it's up to you if you want to move all of this conversation to the Help thread! ::teeheewave::
Tiki
MTT Mod
MTT Mod

Post by Tiki »

hotouthere wrote:
misswood wrote:
hotouthere wrote:
My computer at work was running XP and having similar problems when Microsoft stopped updating that version. They stopped supporting Windows 7 on 1/1/15 and Windows 8 on 1/1/16. Installing and/or using Chrome won't help because they are also terminating support approximately 1 year after the termination of each Windows termination. The best thing to do is upgrade to Windows 10. I did it on 5 computers at work. Fortunately, I had our IT expert show me how to do it on one computer and I did it on the rest without any difficulty and it didn't take too long. Another thing I installed is a free program on all the PC's called "Classic Shell". It replaces the Windows 10 desktop view and gives you a few choices that can make your "desktop" screen look and operate like older versions of Windows. It almost totally eliminates the learning curve! Windows 10 has a desktop layout that works best with touch screen devices but it isn't so great when you're used to just a keyboard and mouse. When installing windows 10, you want to prevent it from installing a lot of stuff that invades your privacy so it helps to have someone who knows what items to avoid. I wish I could be more specific but it has been a year since I did the updates. There are several screens that you navigate through and the first screen has one item to leave on (I think it is the first item) and I believe the first item on the last screen ... every other optional item they offer to be installed needs to be turned off. Another quirky thing in Windows 10 is that it defaults to printing to a Windows 10 (.pdf) printer rather than a physical printer connected to your computer! Go to Start/PC settings/devices & "Let Windows manage my default printer" and turn it to "off" otherwise it keeps returning to that default .pdf printer every time you reboot your computer. If you use Microsoft Office on your computer, the older versions may still work. If you have some other proprietary software, those may not work on Window's 10. A lot of free versions of software that I used to use on XP no longer work on Windows 10 so that is one of the pitfalls but overall, the videos and stuff on the internet work much better if you have good speed on your internet service.

Hope you can get things resolved soon...before Adam gets busy again!!

Madamimadam, it's up to you if you want to move all of this conversation to the Help thread! ::teeheewave::
I may be wrong hotouthere, but I think your installations on your work computers were more involved than installing windows 10 on a home computer. It was a straight install to windows 7 and no problems at all except for it turning on my touch screen on my laptop. I prefer using a mouse so it was just a matter of going into my mouse control and turning it off. However, I did have to do this a couple of times after updates, but Microsoft must have fixed that glitch because it has not happened again. It does have some apps, but if I click on the little windows icon all my previous programs etc. are all still there.

The only thing I know about privacy invasion is the Cortana search engine which Microsoft has removed the ability to turn off, so I never use it. It's been awhile so maybe someone has found a way to now turn her off and once again search the old way.

It's too bad that you didn't upgrade to Windows10 when it was free. Unfortunately you will now have to pay for it.

You are not the only one that is having this problem as I found when trying to find an answer for you, so if you know someone who is a computer whiz, they may be able to help you out without having to buy Windows 10 which of course is not cheap.

Even though there are no more updates to previous versions of windows, and you can't afford windows 10, I would try installing Chrome and see if it works until you want to install Windows 10. If it doesn't work, it can always be uninstalled. JMO Just remember though that you will not get any Microsoft updates and even should it work it may be temporary only.

Just a added note, do not wait too long if you decide to upgrade as you will have mega updates to install as well. ::smile::

Marie, I will leave this up to you whether you want to remove the entire conversation to the help desk now or wait until the convo is concluded. I should have moved this at the beginning but I have apparently was brain dead.
::friendsLOL::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

::hysterical:: ::hysterical:: ::hysterical::

"It is what it is!"
svca

Post by svca »

::crylaugh:: ::crylaugh:: ::crylaugh::