***Have-At-It Never-Ending Gabfest***

This is where everything is happening in real time!!!!
marlock276

Post by marlock276 »

ME TOO!!! ::clapbig:: ::clapbig:: ::clapbig::
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

! Message from: madamimadam
I'VE DONE SOME CLEANING UP - CHINESE AND JAPANESE TOHT THREADS HAVE BEEN MOVED BACK TO THE 2016 TOHT SUB-FORUM AS WELL AS BORN THIS WAY, WHAT'S UP TV UK AND FIRST LOOK ASIA INTO THE 2016 E&A SUB-FORUM!

::yessss::
"It is what it is!"
Aviddem

Post by Aviddem »

bebeg » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:12 pm wrote:I find it interesting that some of you are talking about the americans who would be offended if he did Frank. Those people aren't the audience for this show so they won't even be watching. The audience for Rocky Horror isn't offended by much.

I don't think offending or not offending people had anything to do with his decision to not do the part. I think he's been moving in a different direction and it's just not something he wants to do right now. And honestly, do any of you think he'd be comfortable wearing that costume? He's just now showing off his arms.....

I also think timing was an issue. The part of Eddie won't require him to be on set as much as Laverne will be playing Frank.
No, they may not actually WATCH it, but pics and images of him in full Dr. FNF regalia would be plastered all over conservative America's blogs and FOX News, and those images could even be used in future media articles about Adam. How many times have we complained about media using old, irrelevant or awful pics for their articles?!?!

The movie will only last 2 hours, but the images will be around FOREVER.
adamazing

Post by adamazing »

Aviddem » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:35 pm wrote:
bebeg » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:12 pm wrote:I find it interesting that some of you are talking about the americans who would be offended if he did Frank. Those people aren't the audience for this show so they won't even be watching. The audience for Rocky Horror isn't offended by much.

I don't think offending or not offending people had anything to do with his decision to not do the part. I think he's been moving in a different direction and it's just not something he wants to do right now. And honestly, do any of you think he'd be comfortable wearing that costume? He's just now showing off his arms.....

I also think timing was an issue. The part of Eddie won't require him to be on set as much as Laverne will be playing Frank.
No, they may not actually WATCH it, but pics and images of him in full Dr. FNF regalia would be plastered all over conservative America's blogs and FOX News, and those images could even be used in future media articles about Adam. How many times have we complained about media using old, irrelevant or awful pics for their articles?!?!

Well said!! I completely agree and coming from the midwest that doesn't really watch the AMA's, they sure were vocal in the newspapers and on the local news stations about what they thought of Adam's performance.
[img]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a101/rlitzau/signature2.jpg[/img]
Sabine

Post by Sabine »

While I agree that Adam had his reasons to refuse the offer of playing FnF (image, not being stereotyped for posible future TV/movie roles) I do not believe that he has much interest in getting the approval of people who are offended about everything he does and have already pigeonholed him. ::rolleyes::

I think it is great that he chose the Eddie-part - it is a show stopper, short, if the the whole thing is being panned it is not on him and it is different from what he has done so far.
rustycat

Post by rustycat »

while there are lots of reasons for Adam and his team to turn down Frank, at the end of the day he simply didn't have time in his schedule this year even if he had really wanted to do it. Since the project was first announced he has been travelling the world promoting TOH and/or performing with Queen. the first 6 months of 2016 have long been allotted to solo touring and QAL shows. Zero time for rehearsing or filming a major role like that. That was probably the principal reason for the turn down. A one song supporting role is something he can squeeze in
Paula

Post by Paula »

rustycat » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:21 am wrote:while there are lots of reasons for Adam and his team to turn down Frank, at the end of the day he simply didn't have time in his schedule this year even if he had really wanted to do it. Since the project was first announced he has been travelling the world promoting TOH and/or performing with Queen. the first 6 months of 2016 have long been allotted to solo touring and QAL shows. Zero time for rehearsing or filming a major role like that. That was probably the principal reason for the turn down. A one song supporting role is something he can squeeze in
Exactly my thoughts.
August 26, 2009. June 18, 2010. July 12, 2014. March 25, 2016. July 20, 2017.
marlock276

Post by marlock276 »

adamazing » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:29 am wrote:
Aviddem » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:35 pm wrote:

Well said!! I completely agree and coming from the midwest that doesn't really watch the AMA's, they sure were vocal in the newspapers and on the local news stations about what they thought of Adam's performance.
A journalist recently dubbed these pearl-clutchers The Sex Police, and that's exactly what they are . . . they piss me off!
Moonlightchiara

Post by Moonlightchiara »

Sabine » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:11 am wrote:While I agree that Adam had his reasons to refuse the offer of playing FnF (image, not being stereotyped for posible future TV/movie roles) I do not believe that he has much interest in getting the approval of people who are offended about everything he does and have already pigeonholed him. ::rolleyes::

I think it is great that he chose the Eddie-part - it is a show stopper, short, if the the whole thing is being panned it is not on him and it is different from what he has done so far.
I don't think he necessarily cares about people's opinions as much as how those opinions can affect his career. Remember the cancelled shows after the AMAs? I believe he and his team made a business decision based on how they felt a particular role might affect his career. And scheduling/timing possibly also played a part.
Moxy4ever

Post by Moxy4ever »

Aviddem » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:37 pm wrote:I've seen Rocky Horror at least 100 times! Such a blast going to the midnight showing every weekend with my besties in high school! We threw rice at the wedding in the opening scene, we also threw cards and toast at appropriate times, squirted water guns at the forward rows who had newspapers covering their heads (mimicking Brad and Janet running in the rain), I remember...doing the Time Warp (kick kick), shouting answer backs to lines throughout the movie like every time Dr. Everett Scott came on screen we'd yell "Where's your f*#%ing neck?" After Dr. FNF killed and served Eddie for dinner, we'd yell "Meatloaf againnnnn?" OMG we had so much fun! Some people dressed up and acted out the movie up front.

I have always dreamed of, and would DIE to see Adam as Dr. FNF, but understand entirely why he turned it down. Frikkin conservative bigoted backwoods #MURICA ::argh::
You are me!!!! I lost count of how many times I went and dressed up! My parents just rolled their eyes. I remember the people who came and did not know what to expect.....there was a group that came to the midnight show from prom in a limo.....they were soaked and bewildered by the end..... I know RHPS was considered on the edge at the time and nostalgia for what we experienced plays a role in why so many who were part of the mayhem still love it so I am very interested to see what, if anything, will be done to recreate the frenzy for this generation....and I am very happy that Adam is in the role of Eddie....perfect for him.
bebeg

Post by bebeg »

Lÿndsey Parker ‏@lyndseyparker 5m5 minutes ago
Lÿndsey Parker Retweeted Yahoo Music

CAN ROCK LEGENDS PLEASE STOP DYING?

Damn!

http://eagles.com/news/266763

It Is With The Heaviest of Hearts That We Announce…

...the passing of our comrade, Eagles founder, Glenn Frey, in New York City on Monday, January 18th, 2016.
Love2Lurk

Post by Love2Lurk »

I agree with ....Lÿndsey Parker ::crying::

To many going to Rock N Roll Heaven ::cryblownose::
[i][color=indigo][b]It is what it is !!! It ain't that deep !!!![/b][/color][/i]
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

2016 has started on such sad news... And they just keep coming....

::crying:: ::cryblownose:: ::crying:: ::cryblownose::
"It is what it is!"
marlock276

Post by marlock276 »

madamimadam » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:51 pm wrote:2016 has started on such sad news... And they just keep coming....

::crying:: ::cryblownose:: ::crying:: ::cryblownose::
And I can't help thinking that the two who just died, Glenn Frey and the drummer for David Bowie/Mott the Hoople, as well as David, were all about Brian May's age. :(
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

OK, OPs done for all videos that came in since this morning...

Opened new thread for second LA TOHT show...

Updated calendar...

Caught up on my twitter feed...

Now off to flood you guys with spam...

::tomato:: ::tomato:: ::tomato:: ::tomato:: ::tomato:: ::tomato:: ::tomato:: ::tomato:: ::tomato:: ::tomato:: ::tomato::
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Soooooooooooo... for those of you who like this stuff... To the best of our ninjas' abilities, it seems that they will be taking this flight: KAL129

You can follow it here: https://flightaware.com/live/flight/KAL129

Or here: https://www.flightradar24.com/37.61,127.09/8

For the second one, when the time comes, zero in on Seoul and find the plane, click on it... It will become red and you can follow its path easier after that.
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

The Eagle has landed... Waiting for airport pics/vids.... Some Kiwis waiting at Gate 9....

::thumbsup::
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

Alright! OPs have been updated. New event added to the calendar (radio interview tomorrow)... Went through my twitter feed and am now ready to flood MTT with spam...

::tomato:: ::tomato:: ::tomato:: ::tomato:: ::tomato:: ::tomato:: ::tomato:: ::tomato:: ::tomato:: ::tomato:: ::tomato:: ::tomato::
"It is what it is!"
madamimadam
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by madamimadam »

All done!!!!!! OOOOOF!!!!! ::tongue::
"It is what it is!"
Moonlightchiara

Post by Moonlightchiara »

Got in my car, turned on the sound system and started singing along to Adam. Then realized it wasn't my CD player but the radio. And it was Another Lonely Night not Ghost Town. So....NY radio is playing ALN during the middle of the day! Yay! ::wootdance::

BTW....guess whose concert tickets just arrived in the mail!

Return to “Let's Talk!”